Next Thread
Print Thread
#27806 02/13/06 08:44 AM
Onaleia Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, it's all very, very good, but I especially liked this part: laugh
“On call all day, every day. That's not bad, but show me the money anyway.” Lois put her elbows on the table and rested her unsmiling face on her interlocked fingers. “How much?”

Just as deadpan, Karen picked up Lois's spoon and held it between them. “You get all the orange-flavored brown goop you can possibly eat.”
clap More soon, please.

SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Terry,

Wow! I'm blown over by this story so far.
smile1

The tucks and twists are fantastic.

Keep up the good work and I cant wait for the next installment.

Regards,

SNL

Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

The mystery deepens again.

I'm thoroughly intrigued. smile

But will we see much more of Clark?

Yours Jenni

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, Terry, I wrote my own story instead of writing feedback on yours. Writing my own piece, however, really brings home on me how brilliant your story is, as well as your general writing. The way you make the story flow, effortlessly adding a new scene to the previous one without any jarring breaks or cracks. The way you paint such vivid pictures of everything important around us. The way you show us all those little details that make us feel as if we're almost there on the space station ourselves. The way you always use the right word for everything. The way you never go over the top, never make us feel as if you yourself get too involved in your story and want to say too much. In other words, the way your words never stand in the way of the story you are telling us, so that we see the people and the plot developments instead of the specific language tricks you used to bring this about. Well, Terry, wow, you know. Hey, why isn't there an icon saying "I'm so, so, so impressed"? This one will have to do. rotflol

As for Karen, she wasn't quite as scary this time around, so - see? I can even call her Karen now. But she's still a suspect, mark my words. Of course there were at least two more suspects here, and the first one was that Marquis de Sade of a gym instructor, Lana O'Meara! LOL! Lana as a murder suspect! I love it! rotflol

And then there is another suspect, of course, Carrie Hillman, but she doesn't seem like a murderer to me, not yet. But, hey! She has a boss named Dr. Breedlove???? Terry, what possessed you to pick a name like that? Not that I'm complaining! rotflol And in the same vein, Claude's actual job on the space station was to find out as much dirt as possible about the astronauts' sex lives, certainly personally adding a lot of material to that expose in a very hands-on way!!! rotflol rotflol rotflol

Terry, you always make me laugh. You sort of remind me of old Will's most famous play, Hamlet, because this piece to end all pieces on death is outrageously funny in places, only not in the end. Well, I trust you are not going to give us a space station full of dead bodies, where only some Horatio - Becky? Walter? - is left to tell the story of the carnage. Naah, I don't think you have it in you to do that - not on these boards!

Well. Brilliant so far, Terry. Let me just add one more piece of delicious humour, my only quote from this part:
The crack research department. A kid named Jimmy Olsen heads that up.
LOL!!! Jimmy as the head of - well, almost the sum and essence of - Daily Planet's crack research department, which makes Daily Planet feared and respected all over the world! rotflol Poor Jimmy is being manhandled rather brutally over in the the Fanfic Challenge Folder at the moment, being towed by the toes by Superman, at the same time carrying a battered old laptop while dangling upside down and possibly doing some writing on it simultaneously! Ah, Jimmy, you deserve the break you got from Terry. As for you, Terry, like I said, your story sure is Terry-fic!

Ann

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
So, this is where the long list of suspects come out.

Having the Major not realize that Lois is really an investigative reporter is fun so far, but I'm surprised that the station manager didn't recognize the name. Especially considering that the space station's origin point was from EPRAD and Metropolis. And once Lois is 'outed', so what? Will that really be a big deal?

Now the question arises... is this going to be the only murder?

Tank (who thinks that Lois just might have to extend her stay on the station beyond her original intent)

Columnist
Columnist
I am just loving this. You've expanded the search to include a fun list of possible suspects and each one of them could have any motive for killing Claude.

I find it interesting that his purpose on the station was to sleep with as many women as possible...sounds like his dream job to me.

And I can't help but want the sobbing ex girlfriend to be the killer...just cause she's annoying wink he he!

Seriously though this story is amazing. Keep it up!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Tank wrote:

Having the Major not realize that Lois is really an investigative reporter is fun so far, but I'm surprised that the station manager didn't recognize the name. Especially considering that the space station's origin point was from EPRAD and Metropolis. And once Lois is 'outed', so what? Will that really be a big deal?
Interesting observation, Tank. And it's a logical question. What I didn't show was that the station manager DID recognize Lois's name and assumed that Karen had done something really smart by recruiting her. He also assumed that Karen knew who Lois really was, and Karen assumed that she'd put a little something over on him. Remember, they don't get along very well, and there was no reason for them to say any more to each other than absolutely necessary.

Karen will eventually find out what Lois's job really is. And you'll want to be there for the fireworks.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, Ann beat me to this - well part of it - but this just got me!

Our crack research department stands ready to assist you.

She grinned. “What’s so funny?” asked Vukovich.

“The crack research department. A kid named Jimmy Olsen heads that up.”

“A kid?” Karen looked dismayed. “Is he any good?”

Lois waved one hand. “Don’t worry. If it’s on a computer anywhere in the world and it’s connected to the World Wide Web or just about any other network, Jimmy can dig it out.”

Karen still didn’t look convinced. “If you say so. Tell him he’ll get an extra cookie from me if he gets his work done before his nap.”
thumbsup

Now more - we're ALMOST half-way through!

~NICOLE smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard