Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#276837 08/24/17 04:45 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So remember when I said I wouldn't work on more than one fic at a time? Yeah, my muse had other ideas...

peep

Hang on, it's gonna be a bumpy ride. Set right after SLV in Season 4.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm fascinating premise! Cat is back and the Daily Planet's got her.

I have to finish your other story, but than it's onto this one! My fingers need a break from typing and knitting.

Last edited by Morgana; 08/24/17 05:00 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
Columnist
Looking forward to more. Can't believe we have Samantha related to Cat. Married Lois around Cat is going to be very interesting.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
This looks like it's going to be a fun ride, folc4. Can't wait to see what happens when Cat tests her theory and Lois finds out she's doing it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
This looks like it's going to be a fun ride, folc4. Can't wait to see what happens when Cat tests her theory and Lois finds out she's doing it.

Hi Terry!

I plan to have soooo much fun with this one. The drama in this one will be minimal(for me) as the comedy comes out quite a bit. Imagine all the funny ways Cat Grant can test her theory.... rotflol clap

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Looking forward to more. Can't believe we have Samantha related to Cat. Married Lois around Cat is going to be very interesting.

Haha yeah the claws will come out and the comedy will ensue...

Originally Posted by Morgana
Hmmm fascinating premise! Cat is back and the Daily Planet's got her.

I have to finish your other story, but than it's onto this one! My fingers need a break from typing and knitting.

haha glad I was able to capture your attention Morgana.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
OOOH! Two at the same time! clap I'm getting excited! I can't wait to see what Cat's going to do with this information! Is she going to out them? Is she going to go after Clark again romantically to get some answers? I don't anticipate a much darker turn from Cat knowing Superman's identity, but I was recently surprised by a dark turn from Star... so... huh

Can't wait for more!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
OOOH! Two at the same time! clap I'm getting excited! I can't wait to see what Cat's going to do with this information! Is she going to out them? Is she going to go after Clark again romantically to get some answers? I don't anticipate a much darker turn from Cat knowing Superman's identity, but I was recently surprised by a dark turn from Star... so... huh

Can't wait for more!

Ummm....actually it's THREE. peep I'm working on the sequel to "Guy Rule Number One" too.... dizzy I'll be posting that one later this week. I keep saying my muse is abusing me.... huh evil

I don't plan on going dark with this one. Very FUNNY but not dark.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I like it. Setting it after the scandal makes Lois's response to Cat make sense. Any other time and she would have been feeling so confident in her relationship with Clark that she could have seen Cat's arrival with less hostility. She had Clark, after all, something that Cat tried and failed to achieve.

Can't wait to read more.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by BJ
I like it. Setting it after the scandal makes Lois's response to Cat make sense. Any other time and she would have been feeling so confident in her relationship with Clark that she could have seen Cat's arrival with less hostility. She had Clark, after all, something that Cat tried and failed to achieve.

Can't wait to read more.

Hi BJ,

Yes Lois' hostility comes from her insecurity after being under a microscope the last few weeks with the press. She's confident in her relationship with Clark she's just struggling with her own insecurities after SLV.

Chapter One is up. This has some drama in it but it's going to be a lot of humor in it too. Setting the tone.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
I think I have an idea who the woman at the end was. Bill Junior is still in control, intriguing! And, the vultures are still after Lois.

Love this so much.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I think I have an idea who the woman at the end was. Bill Junior is still in control, intriguing! And, the vultures are still after Lois.

Love this so much.

Yes, paparazzis are still after Lois and Clark.

I'll have the next chapter up in a few. No hints at who the woman is yet. Sorry.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
I'm so glad Clark heard Lois about the pencils. He needs to bring a box here because we are always losing the #2 pencils. Haha, Lois came up with a better excuse than Clark ever could though (return a video).

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Fun story! I like the interaction between Lois and Cat. The whole dynamic between them has changed since Cat left. Lois isn't the frumpy, can't-get-a-man-to-save-her-life spinster anymore that Cat seemed to think she was.

(It occurs to me that my hyphenated adjective there has two meanings, both of which more or less apply. wink )

And, perhaps more importantly, Lois doesn't feel like a frumpy spinster anymore. She's got much more confidence in that department since she got together with Clark.

I'm assuming the unnamed blonde is Mindy Church, especially considering Bill, Jr.'s involvement.

Lois was awfully flustered by Cat when Clark left. She should have said something like Clark had a meeting to get to, and he took the stairs for exercise. She should blow it off, like, "Oh, Clark frequently takes the stairs when he's alone. That's how he stays in shape." That way, he's got a plausible excuse forever. Lois totally blowing it makes sense, though, given how stressed out she is and how annoyed at Cat she is.

Lois and Clark really need to sit down and come up with standard, reusable explanations for his disappearances and odd behavior. But that's more a commentary on the show and Superman in general than your story in particular.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Columnist
Columnist
I am glad this is back. Now Jerry is in the mix, oh boy, Cat and Jerry, that can't be good.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I am glad this is back. Now Jerry is in the mix, oh boy, Cat and Jerry, that can't be good.

Me too! I missed this one but my muse had other ideas huh

Hoping to get this one on a similar schedule as the others. We'll see...

Yes, Jerry is back and Cat is still digging. What will happen next? You'll have to wait and see. thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Coffee and wax. Cat cannot catch a break yet when Lois was ready to apologize Samantha gets hurt. Cat cannot catch a break.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh horrors, Cat's trying to destroy Lois' life and Lois is being nice to her?! And poor Clark, has she even taken a second to think about what this will do to him if she succeeds? smile1

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Kerth
Kerth
“Nell Newtrich.” The woman began slowly, “She has something that doesn’t belong to her, and I want it back.”

“What kind of thing?” Samantha stammered.

“A rock.” The woman said smugly. “A very special rock. It glows….red. I want it back. Get it for me and freedom is yours.”
Oooh! I knew it had to be coming, but I'm oh-so-excited that it is. And it's only chapter 2!

Clark Kent was Superman, and she was going to prove it.
Uh-oh! Cat Grant is out for blood... or news ink actually. Wonder if she'll actually find proof, and if so, if she'll actually go through with printing it. On the one hand, I don't think Cat's that diabolical, but on the other, if she's trying to free her cousin from jail, she might be capable of doing it.

On to chapter 3!

--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Chapter 3

“Dad, it’s fine.” Jerry placed a hand on his wrist. “Things are different this time.”
Ooh, interesting! I wonder what role Jerry will play in all this.

“Get in,” He looked over his shoulder, tugging on his tie. “I’ll meet you back at the Planet. I think it’s time Superman had a little chat with ‘In-Your-Face-Barry-Dunning’ about the laws on harassment.”

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea.” Lois began to interject but he had already disappeared in a blur of red and blue. “Great.”
lol It is great. Right after Lucy told her to lay low for the exact same thing, too. Perfect.

After what seemed like an eternity Superman finally spoke. “The act of systematic and continuous unwanted actions of one party or a group, including but not limited to threats and demands and making someone fearful or anxious.”

rotflol He *actually* taught him the laws on harassment? clap Oh, Clark, you little nerd. That's adorable.

“Can you believe that guy?”

“Yeah,” Dunning said uneasily, trying to shake off the sense of dread that had washed over him.

Lol, he'd better believe him. Otherwise he might become a charred pile of ash on the sidewalk. angel-devil

“Yeah, well, I guess they fixed the squeaky wheel when they replaced the elevator. You know, after the Planet got blown up and you abandoned everyone?”

You know, I never really thought about that. Cat's timing with leaving the show actually was really bad, as far as burning bridges goes. There's never been any love lost between Cat and Lois, but that's definitely going to put a strain on their relationship going forward. Very well thought out.

“Dad?” Cat’s brow furrowed.

Lois allowed a broad grin to spread across her face. “Cat this is Jerry White—Perry’s son.”
Haha! Perfect! lol

--Mark Twain
Kerth
Kerth
Chapter 4:

"Excuse me," Clark pushed behind them to grab two coffee mugs and began pouring. Cat looked down at her coffee mug.

'That's it.' Cat thought. Watching as he reached for the pot of coffee. Just a gentle shove. That's all it would take. If he didn't get burned that would prove her theory.
Hahaha, diabolical. With a lowercase d. laugh The shooting up Clark thing would be Diabolical.

"Nah, really!" Ralph scoffed. "Save it Kansas. I got this." He turned and opened the fridge, pulling out the spreadable butter.

"I wouldn't do that." Clark shook his head.
rotflol Ralph being a dummy as usual. Clark even warned him!

Clark bent down, putting his finger to it and feeling it with his index finger and thumb. "Feels waxy. Like wax and shine maybe."
Uh-oh, methinks this was Cat again. Strike number two.

That had not gone according to plan at all.
Haha! Called it.

Cat looked back at her dumbfounded. Was Lois Lane seriously trying to apologize to her? She felt the shock begin to come over her as she did her best to remain calm. This was good. This was too good.
Aww, Lois is trying to be nice! Clark really has changed her. goofy

"I...I need to go. I've got a family member that's been...hurt." She managed to say.

"Okay," Lois took the keys from her. "I'll drive."

clap Yay! Lois being nice to Cat and Cat not sure what to do with this Lois has me lol This is adorable, and I hope it helps bring Cat around on her whole outting-Clark-thing.

On to 5!

--Mark Twain
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard