Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2757 06/07/03 02:53 PM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Sorry it took so long, guys. I had to wait for my wonderful beta-reader to send this back. I'd be lost without her and you all wouldn't be able to read a word! So, call off the troops already! smile1 (Oh, I can't believe I made so many cry! Should I pass out the Kleenex for future parts?)

**small note-- there's 15 parts, so we're just about done. mecry **

#2758 06/07/03 03:12 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww, I cried when I read this part too! thumbsup thumbsup

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#2759 06/07/03 03:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#2760 06/07/03 04:05 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice part, SQD! thumbsup

The only complaint I have on this part is that Lois hasn't gotten in her fair share of quality time with Clark yet. But I do look forward to seeing that in the next part or two. smile

<<I am dead! Clark Kent is dead!>>
For a while, I thought he was backsliding again and would screw up his life by running away, just as Lois and Clark, Jr. were afraid of. Good thing he wised up and went over to Port Royal. (Are you going to explain where Royal came from? I figure Port came from Port Stanley, where Clark was lost.)

Lois had to fight back tears as she unlocked her door. Clark Jr. pushed past his mom and went to seek out Jerry, his new dog. If he couldn't have his father right now, at least he had something his father had given him.
Clark needs to recognize that he means as much to Lois and Jr. as they do to him. He needs to see they need to heal as well.

"If, if... ah, if you think you can stand it, and I'm sure you can, I... I do want to get to know you... and be part of your life."
Clearly, Clark needs reassurance very much. He still can't convince himself he's loved and needed. Good for Jr. He's giving that reassurance to his dad in spades.

"I guess you've really hated me."

"Hated you? What for?" His little eyes were filled with confusion.

"Because I wasn't here."

"But that wasn't your fault, and you were here. I just couldn't see you.
More healing. Clark needs to see that it wasn't his fault for what happened to him. He needs to stop blaming himself and accept that people love him.

"You can never forget Lois Lane," Clark told his father.
"Why are you waiting for me? Go. Have fun."

Clark stared at Lois. "Alone?"

"You do know how to shop?"

"Well, yeah, but…" He glanced over at Clark Jr., then back at Lois. "I just thought you'd come along."

"Clark, as much as I'd love to come along, I really think you and Clark need to spend some time alone together. The time will help you… both."
So far, she's been the forgotten person. Clark needs to get acquainted with his son, but he also needs to be together with Lois to resolve the problems between them. Hopefully that comes soon. Besides, after all the WHAMs in this story, we need a few WAFFs to balance it out (sorry, Tank) laugh . Lois is being very heroic, sublimating her own needs to be with Clark for her two loved ones.

"Clark, I trust you with my life. And that's our son."
He really needs to hear stuff like this.

Hope to see the next part soon! hyper

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#2761 06/07/03 05:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dude, so pass the Kleenex over here! I think in my case, it's more of a...oh, I can't really explain it, but it's not a this-is-too-angsty-cry.

*sniff*
Heavy stuff. It's so easy to feel Clark's pain.
Glad CK and Jr. are spending time together...wow the parents are gonna come over...I sense emotional city.

Keep it coming!
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#2762 06/07/03 08:06 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I think I'll take you up on that offer!!!...you are buying the kleenex!! goofy

I was so caugh up in the story I started to cry and even sob!! my! your writing is powerful!.

I can't even start telling you how much I'm enjoying this goofy

Well, I can't wait to see Lois and Clark having that talk. It's extrange but you can hear and feel it in the air already, you can even cut it with a knife!!. You created that air between them now you have to let us read it!!!

And why is Clark so afraid to meet his parents again??. I'm sensing he will need the ultimate acceptance from his parents to be able to start feeling more like the old Clark again.

Wow! and to think sometimes I wish I could write in my own language to give better feedback!!, lol. Kidding I hope I made sense with that speech goofy !.

More please and sooooon!! 'cause I'm dying here!
hyper

#2763 06/07/03 09:01 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clark Jerry Kent? Jerry!?
Of course it's Clark Jerome Kent. Jerry is a nickname.

This was a very moving part: first the hug, then the kiss.

It was also convincing that Clark would have doubts even after theur meeting.

Please let Clark and Lois find themselves, also.

Gabriele
#2764 06/07/03 11:48 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
SQD

A wonderful part! I had tears in my eyes while reading it. thumbsup
Clark Jr. is definitely what Clark needs to help him heal.

I did feel sorry for Lois in this section. frown She seems to be on the outside at the moment.

I can't wait for Clark to be reunited with his parents.
Please post the next part soon.

Tricia cool

#2765 06/07/03 11:48 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yet, at the same time, he wanted to protect his family... his son, and part of that protection was from the person he believed he'd become... the vengeful man who was plotting the downfall of another human being without so much as an inkling of remorse. He'd even been enjoying it! How could a man like that expect to start a life with a family who loved him?
I believe it's OK to bring Luthor down so that he can't never do anything alike to others, though there is certainly a question of ends and means.

Gabriele
#2766 06/08/03 03:03 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Nothing like the unconditional love of a child.
How very true! I have four of those floating around here--guess that's why I tend to write about kids so much.

Clark Jerry Kent? Jerry!?
Of course it's Clark Jerome Kent. Jerry is a nickname.
You're exactly right, Gabrielle. Thanks for the explanation for me!

(Are you going to explain where Royal came from? I figure Port came from Port Stanley, where Clark was lost.)
Actually, I never thought of Port Stanley, but I like that idea, me. I used Port Royal from a building in a city close to me. It started out as a hotel on the river(it's right on the bank), but has since evolved into condos and shops. It also houses Fort Discovery(the science museum). I've just always liked that name. Port Royal-- sounds so impressive!

Dude, so pass the Kleenex over here!
I'm passing it out by the box!

More please and sooooon!! 'cause I'm dying here!
Give me a day or two to get it tweaked! Sheesh! I just got those little guys off my tail! laugh

I did feel sorry for Lois in this section. She seems to be on the outside at the moment.
Lois will get her turn. thumbsup Everyone just hang in there.

I love how there are multiple post from some of the same people. Do you guys read these sections numerous times? And the wonderful words... I still find it hard to believe I've written a story that is so... WOW! Thanks everyone!

#2767 06/08/03 05:50 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Another wow, SQD. I just love the interaction between father and son. This boy is incredibly perceptive for a 9-year-old. My own son is 10, and as much as I adore him and think that he is the most wonderful child in the world (which he is smile ), I could not begin to imagine him reacting in such a mature and clear-headed fashion if he were in similar circumstances. It must be those "super" genes.

I was worried when I first started reading the section and I thought that Clark was talking himself out of all of this. Was very glad to realize that it was another nightmare. And was also glad to see some of the reaction-to-the-kryptonite-in-the-cell that had been mentioned from early on. (I'm still hoping that you also go back and put some physical reaction back in the earlier section, of course laugh ).

Poor Clark...
"It wasn't my choice," Clark shouted aloud. "Dammit, I never wanted to leave her. If I'd had that option, I'd have been here with her, for her. I'd have helped raise our son together. I'd be married to her, a father to him." Clark's voice quieted down and he slumped against the shower wall. "I wanted to be here," he whispered.
I'm so happy that he's gradually recognizing that all of this wasn't his fault. So since he cannot undo the past, he needs to alter his anticipated course for the present, and he's doing that. He's not running away from this, he is taking the small steps forward towards his family. And as he's finding, they are more than happy to meet him more than halfway.

I was surprised to see this...
He stopped on that thought. Did he still love Lois? Was it right for him to? Was it something he could actually do?
The part that surprised me was "Did he still love Lois?" I thought he had already admitted to himself earlier that he did, that he would always love her. I realize that he may have thought that he was no longer worthy to be with her, that she couldn't possibly love him anymore since he thought he had become a totally different man, but that is another issue...

15 Parts total? eek Not much time left. He still has to meet his parents, do something about Lex (even if it turns out not to be as gruesome a revenge as he had originally envisioned), and we need some major one-on-one time with Lois. I assume that she will be able to continue to soothe him through these doubts. And now that he's already held her in his arms when carrying her to bed (even though he seemed almost unaware of it), it should be easier to hold her again. I'm looking forward to it immensely, even though Clark will be nervous. smile

KathyM

Oh, and in answer to your question, SQD,
I love how there are multiple post from some of the same people. Do you guys read these sections numerous times?
Speaking only for myself, obviously that must be "yes"... I often pop back into Comments threads after I have posted to see what others have said. I'm curious to know what others think, if they have the same reactions as I did. And I find that people pick up on different things, so I've often "learned" things or read a comment that made me go "hmmm" goofy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
#2768 06/08/03 07:38 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey SQD

That was a great part...

It was sweet...

All i want to was wave

Is it a bird?" "Is it a plane?" "No, it's just a guy in tights and a cape!"
#2769 06/08/03 09:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow that was so sweet and touching. I loved this chapter and I am looking forward to more with his parents and Lois too. great job. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#2770 06/09/03 07:36 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Stopquitdont
I loved this
very emotional and sweet
Now get L&C together
merry

#2771 06/09/03 03:20 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Quote:
I'm not sure, but I think I've done a decent job portraying those intentions.

Decently is putting it far too mildly. It is "emoting" beautifully mecry (but with a smile)

doublel

maybe someone needs to do an icon of a tissue box with tears wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard