Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27670 02/04/06 03:50 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I'm working on a fic where the main charater has an accident and is depressed about his injuries and that his girlfriend has to see him
this way.

I'm not to good with the whole mushy stuff, so, does anyone have any ideas of how I can have the Girlfriend reassure her boyfriend that she still wants him injired or not.

Title suggestion also will be greatly appreciated.
--------------------------------------------

7/04/2005

It’s a raining evening at the Smith’s home. Joe had a short drive but, he was on his way to school. All the players were getting together at school for the out of state game that he was going to.

“Joe. Take an umbrella. Your not invulnerable like Supergirl.”

“Mom. Stop babying me. I know it’s pouring rain outside. I am taking an umbrella with me.” Joe loaded his suitcases to his car first. ‘Gesh. Mothers.’ Just remember to come pick up my car when you and dad have the time.”

Joe sees her mother head downstairs to help his father. Both of his parents were busy in the basement lab. They’ve had been busy for a year now; working on a proper treatment for nerve damage. Both Mr. & Mrs. Smith had started to work to completed the project they had left unfinished when Joyce was accused of malpractice.

*-*-*-
On the road to school, Joe was taking the direct round when the traffic slowed. He sat there waiting for close to an hour when he decided to take another route. He turns off of the road he was taking.
It’s been about six months since Crystal been helping Clark out at the other major accidents; Now Crystal was about to help out another one. In the Kent’s home, as they were doing the clean up the old fashion way, Crystal and Clark’s super-hearing kicked in and they both stopped to listen.

“Want to help me with this one?” Clark asked.

“Sure dad. Just telepathy me whenever you need help.”

“Lets both go and see. It sounds pretty big.”

“Yeah, Mutiply pile up.” She pauses then said to her mom, “See you mom.”

Both Clark and Crystal changes into their uniform, Lois said, “Now you two, be careful.”

Crystal, “Sure mom.”

Clark, “Sure hon.”

Both left in super-speed.

At the accident site, Clark was helping at the east side and Crystal was helping get the victims out from the west side but at the seventh car towards the middle, As she opens the car door, crystal stopped. It was Joe. Clark however knew what Crystal had seen just by their mental communication. Clark instructed Crystal as to not to pick Joe up and let the paramedics handle it. But Crystal had to use her X-ray vision to see if Joe was okay. She did see multiple fracture including two spinal injury.

“Is he safe for transport?”

“Yes, Just be careful not to fly too fast.”

Crystal however was worried about Joe. But later, she had to come back to see if the other were okay but all the while thinking about Joe.

For two straight hours Crystal helped her dad with the multiple of people that needed help. Two and a half hours from when they’ve started, Crystal entered the hospital in her regular clothes to see Mr. And Mrs. Smith waiting in the waiting room.

“Joyce. How’s Joe?”

“Their still doing tests but the nurse told me their not sure yet but they think Joe wont be able to walk ever again.”

Two hours they’ve waited until finally the doctor came out to give them the news. “Mr. and Mrs. Smith.”

“How’s my son?” Mrs. Smith asked. The Dr. and the Smith’s sat down.

“He’s not awake yet but you can see him. The X-rays showed that he has two fractures nerves in his back, so we don’t expect him to be able to walk again. With therapy however, he maybe able to gain some upper body mobility back.”

Three weeks later, the day after Joe Came home from the hospital. Crystal called to see if it was okay for her to come and visit Joe. Joe told his mom that he didn’t want to see Cyrstal. But secretly, Joe’s parents had kept track of their son’s progress asking questions concerning their son’s healing process from the doctor, not only because they were concern but also because of their research.

“Sorry Crystal, Joe’s busy right now with his work.” But once she hung up the phone with Crystal, Joyce said. “Why don’t you want to see Crystal?”

“Mom, do I have to tell you why? Can’t we just leave it at that.” In reality, Joe was depressed. He didn’t want Crystal to see him like this. He can’t move his arms or legs. ‘For goodness sake,’ he thought to himself, ‘I can’t even sit up on my own. What can I possible offer in this relationship? My girl who can life a car on top of her head and fly too.’ Joe remembers how he used to help out his mother in the kitchen and how he helped Crystal.

But down in the Smith’s basement, Mr. Smith was working tirelessly in trying to finish his research, for his son’s sake. If he finish his research in time, he would have the opportunity to see his son walk again.

Mrs. Smith brought dinner down to her husband and soon came upstairs again. She headed to the kitchen again to make something soft for Joe to eat.

Thirty minutes later, Mrs Smith brought a stew to the table and proceeded to spoon feed Joe.
One week later, Crystal came to Joe’s home to see him but was not expecting to see what she saw. Joyce was in the kitchen with Joe in his wheel chair. Joyce puts a spoon up to Joe’s mouth.

Joe didn’t want Crystal to see him like this, that was why he Didn’t let Crystal come see him. “Crystal, why are you here?” Joyce leave the two to talk things out.

“Your mom invited me over to see you. She said that you wanted to be home schooled instead of going back to school. Why?”

“It’s easier.”

“Joe. You know you can’t hide from me.”

“Super-hearing?”

“Yup.”

“What am I going to do at school? I can’t even move my arms or sit up if it weren’t for this chair. Everyone in school is just going to stare.”

“Joe, there are a lot of people that have recover that is in your situation. You wont be going back to school until another three weeks, you’ve only missed the first day of school so fat. Trust me you’ll be better.”

“I don’t know.”

“Joe.”

Joe just looked away, “Crystal, just leave me alone. I don’t feel like talking.”

Crystal gets up from her sitting position, “Fine, if your giving up, but I’m not giving up.”
Two weeks later went by and Crystal has heard from Joyce that Joe was even too depressed to even go to his second therapy. Crystal was walking home and didn’t know what to do with Joe. Crystal puts her keys into the keyhole and walked into the house. She sees Clark talking to a friend of his. “Hey, Dan. It’s been a long time since we last seen each other has your business been keeping you busy. Since you haven’t been calling me for two years now, so we could shoot some pool together for old times sake.

“Yeah, It’s been longer then that Clark. I was really depressed at first.”

Crystal continued to walk to the kitchen but as she does, she could see more of her dad’s friend. Soon, Crystal could see that Dan was sitting in a wheel chair and not their dinning room chair.

“Crystal. This is my friend Dan from Smallville. We used to play a lot of sports together in high school.”

“A fellow jock huh dad?”

“Yeah. Unfortunately, that’s how he found out my secret.”

“He knows?” Crystal sat down in the chair next to Dan’s.

“I didn’t tell him. He just figured it out.”

“Mind you Clark, I never told anyone about your powers because I knew how much a difference you could make in this world.”

“Yeah, you were always the optimist. You knew but I didn’t.”

Just then another woman came out of the kitchen. “What secret of Clark’s do you know?”

Dan had forgotten his wife was in the kitchen listening, he covers his track, “His secret recipe that is to die for. I should give you the recipe sometimes to try.”

But Lois was curious about Joe’s condition because she knew beforehand that Crystal was going there to see him, She turned to her daughter and asked, “So, how is Joe.”

“Not good, mom. His mom keeps on telling me how depressed he is that he refused to even leave the house. Because he can’t play sports anymore, there is no sense of him going to school anymore.”

“He really likes to play sports?”

Dan asked, “Whose Joe?”

“Oh, just my boyfriend. He was in that accident a couple of weeks ago and wound up in the hospital.”

“He’s quadriplegic.” Lois fills in.

“Hum.” Dan said.

“Looks like something you can relate to and help.” said Dan’s wife.

“His mom, Joyce, told me he’s supposed to be able to get better if he goes to therapy but he doesn’t.”

“Dan started out like that too but his doctor told me that Dan was going to remain quadriplegic the rest of his life.”

“And I proved him wrong.”

“How about four days from now? Can you come back for dinner Dan?” asked Clark.

“Sure.”

Lois, “And Crystal..”

“Yes, I know mom. I’ll try and convince Joe to come but I don’t think he’ll come for dinner.”

Lois, “He doesn’t have to come for dinner.”

For two days Crystal came to see Joe even though Joe did not want to see her. “Come on Joe. Your dressed lets go outside for a few minutes.”

“ Crystal, just let me watch this TV in bed, I don’t feel like going out.”

“Joe, You can’t stay cooped up in this house forever.” Screamed Joe’s mom.

“You heard your mother.” Crystal picked Joe up and set him in his wheel chair. Crystal wheels Joe out of their downstair’s guest bedroom which had now it had become Joe’s room and then out through the back door.

“Joe, you can tell me. Why don’t you want to get out anymore?”

“ It’s nothing crystal,” Joe pauses for a few second, “It’s just that ....”

“Just what?”

“Just that I can’t move anything at all, my mom has to feed me, where as I used to be able to do it myself. I won’t be able to play in the games like I used to.”

“Joe, if you go to therapy, you’ll be able to gain back your upper body strength.”

“But I still can’t play games like I used to, I was hoping it would get a scholarship and be able to go to college.”

“Joe. Come to our house in two days. There’s someone I want you to meet.”

“Crystal, what am I going to do there have my mom or you feed me like a baby. No, thanks.”

“You don’t have to come for dinner. As long as you get there between seven to eight.”

“I’ll think about it.”

#27671 02/10/06 06:01 PM
Kitty Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
<bump> Still desperately seeking for help on how to continue.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard