Print Thread
#276338 07/16/17 05:21 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Well, welcome to the boards CarrieRene! smile

I really enjoyed this first instalment. You've got an interesting premise happening. What's your posting schedule like?

Great to see a new author. Excellent debut smile

Feli.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Columnist
Columnist
I am hoping to post once a week. I am a stay at home mom with 2 girls (age 11 and 3) and my niece (age 12) and during the week we have another little one (age 4). So trying to find quiet moment to concentrate and write can be difficult sometimes.

I do have two others stories on the way though. So I am hoping to have a longer story coming and a short one. And thank you for the welcome.

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
I hear you on the peace and quiet thing! I've got two little girls of my own (they're 5 and 3). Finding time can be a challenge.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome to the Boards Carrie! smile1 wave I will give proper FDK later when I have some time. My one year old has decided this weekend is drive mommy up the walls weekend dizzy wallbash Me passing out from exhaustion =>> thud

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome to the boards, Carrie.

Oh, Clark! [Linked Image] You've got to choose Lois sometime or she won't be your fiancee for long. Superman can't handle everything.

Oh, Lois! Have some patience with Clark. He's worth it.

What an ending sentence! Or should I say 'pronouncement'? With whom or ON whom is Bruce planning on getting revenge? What did Lex Luthor do to him? Or is it Superman? He knows about Lois and Clark, does Bruce know about Clark = Superman? eek

A couple of housekeeping pieces of advice that I was given when I started posting stories on the message boards that make it easier for readers:

1) All stories / story installments are indicated with a blue arrow posting icon. That way readers can find stories / story parts easily. You can find the 'posting icons' listed below the subject line when starting a new thread. Click the circle next to the blue arrow. You can edit your Part One by clicking on the blue "edit" button on the bottom of your post.

2) Post a 'hard return' / extra line / enter between each paragraph will make it easier for the reader to see where one paragraph starts and the next ends. If you're writing in Word, you can do this by using Find/Replace and replacing all ^p with ^p^p . This will add the extra lines into your story for you. (Unfortunately, using double space or "add an extra line between paragraph breaks" doesn't work when copying and pasting onto the boards.)

This is a terrific start and I can't wait to see what happens next.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Welcome to the community!

Fifteen minutes later Lois got out of Clark’s shower and put on a pair of Clark’s boxers and one of his t-shirts. The shower didn’t make her feel any better, the ache was still in the pit of her stomach and her mind kept wandering back to life as Superman’s wife. Would they even have time for children? Did she even want children? Did he? There were so many things Lois and Clark never talked about before getting engaged. She loved him more than she had loved anyone before and she trusted him just as much. They had things to talk about when he got back, but now she had research to finish before her interview in the morning.

For ordinary couples these are heavy considerations. For these two it is even more important to communicate. Clark and Lois, put the make out sessions aside for a bit and talk about your future lives together.

Great start to this fic. Looking forward to additional installments.

Please use VR's suggestions it will help the readers. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! A new writer! dance Welcome to the boards, CarrieRene!

I really enjoy this story so far! Very intriguing start. Bruce wanting revenge on someone is a perfect little cliffhanger- I'm looking forward to the next installment so I can learn more!

This phrasing here I think was really key:
Lately it seems like they were either working on a case or he was out saving someone's life. The few minutes they did have of privacy they were either making out like horny teenagers or fighting.
I like this setup, and I'm glad you're addressing it. As much as I enjoyed the makeout session, Lois' self-awareness of their relationship is an important first step to fixing it. Here's hoping you mend their relationship in five parts or less. clap

wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I told you I'd be back! Great start. I'm interested to see where you take this with Bruce Wayne. smile Looking forward to part 2 thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard