Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hello all,

As you know if you read this thread, we are in the middle of a fund-raising campaign to keep the message board going. My finances are too tight to contribute monetarily right now, but I have donated the story "Kill Bill's Fan" as my contribution. If you wish to read the story any time soon, you will need to make a donation. (I will not post the story anywhere publicly until at least one year after the fundraising campaign ends.) Once you send in your donation, Annette would be happy to e-mail you a copy of the story.

I always welcome feedback in general -- both positive and negative -- this time, I am actively requesting your feedback -- at least if you like the story. I am not doing this to fish for compliments per se, but rather in the hopes that your feedback might make someone else curious or excited enough about the story to make a donation so that they can read the story sooner rather than later. Thank you.

Joy,
Lynn

Features Writer
Features Writer
I just donated to support the sites and this wonderful story. In addition to what Lynn explained in this thread Time for Fundraising Again! , there's also a delightful mystery for Lois to solve. The story kept me glued to my seat, and laughing throughout.

The sites cost a little over $1 a day to run, which is VERY reasonable for all the sites. The least expensive I've found is a registration of about $10 a year per site, and I know many people who think they have a bargain at an additional $30 a month per site hosting.

If you can, please go now and donate and get your copy of this delightful tale. When you donate, you can leave a note for Kathy. That's where I requested a copy of the story.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Merriwether
Merriwether
Cross posting here and the fundraising thread on Fanfic Related:

Hello all!

Coming out of lurkdom to say that I just emailed Lynn's story to everyone who has donated so far. If you didn't receive it, send an email to lcficmbs AT gmail DOT com and let me know what name or email address you donated under, and I'll resend it to you.

There was one person who donated anonymously without providing an email address. If that was you and you would like the story, just email me at the address above and tell me your donation date and the platform you used to do so, and I'll get that out to you.

Future donors will have the stories sent to them with their thank you notes. (Just don't panic if I don't send it immediately after the donation comes in. I try to get to things quickly, but with my busy schedule, I can't always respond the same day.)

Thank you again for all your help in keeping these boards going. FoLCs are the best!

And Lynn -- the story was cute! The filk at the end was my favorite part. I bet you had fun writing it. I definitely got a kick out of it. smile

Kathy

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Cuidadora,

Thanks again for the alpha and beta reading, and double thanks for the endorsement of the story and the encouragement of anyone reading this thread to contribute to the fundraiser however they can. After all, that was the whole point of writing this story. smile (Hmmm... That gives me the very smallest germ of an idea for the next fundraiser...)

Kathy, thanks so much for handling the distribution of the story, not to mention everything else that you do behind the scenes to make sure this message board is here for all of us to enjoy. I'm glad you enjoyed the story. And I must admit, that filk was indeed my favourite part of the story to write. (Star Trek had actually been my very first fandom, way back in the day when fan mags were sent through snail mail, AKA the Post Awful.)

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely, Lynn notworthy hyper notworthy!

What a great story, and also, what an awesome sequel to your first written fanfiction smile.

The story itself had me totally entertained. Laughing and smiling constantly grin. The creativity was evident everywhere--and, on a side note, I have got to say, I really was also impressed by the dialogue hail.

Dialogue really is something I pay a lot of attention to. That, to me, is what makes the story come alive. If I can picture Lois or Clark or whoever it happens to be speaking what I am reading? The story becomes almost 'real' as I'm reading it. That is what really sells me on writing.

And you know what? I was SOLD dance !

You add so many extra details into what you write--the words you choose, what in the pieces you put in (or sometimes don't) that add so much character. But what I've always noticed about your stories, what I've always really loved about your stories, is your ability to make the dialogue real. What a great read!

Awesome ending, too, btw laugh !

Thanks so much for the enjoyment I received from reading (both) of your stories this morning. You've made my day smile.
Laura

***And, just for a moment, I have to echo what has been said already....

Please, if you feel compelled, donate to this fundraiser. This show, this fandom, these stories, it's all worth so much to so many people. I feel truely blessed to have found this little place in the internet--really, when I needed it more than ever a few years ago. You all have been such a wonderful, stable, supportive influence in my life. I can't even begin to think of all of the countless hours I've spent reading stories on this board, FDK'd on this site, or snuggling in and reading story (after amazing story) on the Archive.

The history and longevity of these L&C-related boards, that were created and sustained from a show--which only aired for 4 seasons, and which now has been off the air for 20 years--is completely a testament to quality. Quality of the amazing characters in Metropolis that we all fell in love with...quality of the wonderful fans of this television show and love story...AND the quality off superb talent that has graced these boards through the years--determined that this wonderful place, show, fandom will not be forgotten.

Lets keep it going for many more years to come! smile
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/15/17 09:55 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap I just re-read The First Fanfic (Pentangle of love, was it?) before I read Kill Bill's Fan (Thankfully, that title had NOTHING to do with the Kill Bill movie, which I've only seen bits and pieces of nor which I couldn't picture you being a fan of). This Bill's Fan makes much more sense.

Lois is hilarious as she's trying to hunt down her prey. I love the way you weave puns into your stories to great comedic effect. Only Clark would take a bet to win, when a true non-lunkhead would see that losing was the way to go. lol As always, your stories are a joy to read. Thanks for sharing!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Laura,

Thank you so much for your feedback. While I am always delighted by your comments on my stories, I am extra-appreciative of it this time. dialogue is something I really struggled with when I first started writing: The characters all sounded like me rather than like themselves. I put in a lot of effort to try to change that over the years. Your feedback shows me that progress has been made. smile

Thank you, too, for your fundraising appeal. You said everything I felt myself, only you put it so much better than I ever could.

Joy,
Lynn

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Virginia,

Yup. A love pentangle -- which illustrates beautifully the maxim that more is not always better. I must admit that I have fun writing deliberately bad fanfic -- in small doses, anyway.

You're right about my tastes. I have never so much as seen the full trailer for Kill Bill, but the name has always stuck with me, and I couldn't resist turning it into part of something more positive than the original movie had been.

I agree with you that both Lois and Clark would have had a lot more fun had he lost the bet. But I can't help but think that he'll fly her to the moon Hawaii after dinner. They'll both be winners, then.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard