Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Not much action here, but we do get some important peeks into the minds of many of the principals. I'd say things are starting to heat up.
devil

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Terry,
Just another great segment.
Self image. Lois feeling like permanently damaged goods because she was married to Luther.
Bittersweet. If "Clark" had been around when Alex was courting her.
Hope. She's attracted. He's attracted. In any universe, they are destined to fall in love again and again.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Terry,
just to let you know that I'm still hooked on your story, but I don't have the leisure right now to leave some FDK...

Kerth
Kerth
Great little bits of self-deprecating humor in Lois' thoughts in this section. It makes me sympathize with her character and believe that she's trying to recover some of herself that she suppressed during her marriage to Luthor. I'm enjoying the UST between these two during their road trip together. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Terry,reading you're stories is always soooo enjoyable. RL leaves little time lately but I needed to at least let you know that I'm reading and really enjoying.

It had been a while since a new story made me want to read slowly, without rushing through it or skimming. Feels like every word needs to be read and I think that being able to find that balance as a writer is a remarkable ability :-).

Please keep it coming!

Cris
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
My apologies for not responding before now. I had a bad weekend with my knee and a rough PT session today. When it comes to physical therapy after any kind of injury or surgical repair, some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug.

SupesFan, you're right about Lois and her self-image. Hard to blame her, though - she's been the next thing to a slave for half a decade, and it's not easy to escape either the mindset or the physical captivity. I think she's doing well, but of course the path of recovery is often strewn with thorns and hidden roots to trip the weary traveler.

Thanks for reading, Millefeuilles! I hope you keep enjoying it.

Thanks for the kudos, Groobie. UST? I put that in? Oh, yeah, I did. I don't usually tangle up Clark and Lois with personal attraction so early in my stories, but it seemed appropriate for this narrative.

Cristina, your praise is ego-inflating. smile You keep saying stuff like that and I might starting thinking that I'm actually a passable wordsmith.

Next chapter up in moments!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard