Ghost From the Past
Folc4evernaday
Part 15

Notes: Happy New Year everyone! Here's part 15. Lots of flashbacks here for everyone that may have forgotten anything. :P See you in 2017!

Five Years Ago…

The tent was quiet. Too quiet. Lois peeked her eyes open, looking around for a sign of any of the intruders that had attacked them at the Kent farm. Had it really been twenty-four hours since she’d last seen Clark?

“Cl…” she squeaked out painfully. Her head was pounding and her arms and legs were stiff from being tied up.

“Shhh….it’s okay, Lois,” Jonathan whispered, shifting against her. “They haven’t been back in here for hours…”

“Cla…” She squeaked out again with a bit more strength in her voice.

“I don’t know,” Jonathan said grimly.

“Hurt….” She managed, finding more strength in her voice as she swallowed hard. “They’re…going…”

“Clark can take care of himself,” Jonathan said adamantly. “I promised I wouldn’t let anything happen to you and I’m a man of my word. Just try to relax…” Jonathan said, shifting against her back. “We’re gonna get out of here….”

Lois looked over her shoulder at Martha who appeared to be asleep. The tear stains on her cheek were lined with blood from the scratches on her face. “She’s hurt,”

“We’re gonna get out of here,” Jonathan said adamantly.

Lois sighed, wincing as she moved. If she’d just done what Clark had asked they wouldn’t be in this predicament in the first place.

24 Hours Ago…

Clark parked the truck and helped Lois out as they walked toward the pond on the Kent farm. He took a deep breath and sighed, Lois looked at him carefully, “Are you sure you’re okay? You really don’t look that great…” She placed a hand on his chest and he let out a shallow breath, “Clark, what’s going on?”

He nodded, lowering his head to look at the ground for a moment, “Lois, there’s something I need to tell you…something I’ve been meaning to tell you but I just haven’t found a way…..”

“What is it?” Lois asked curiously.

A loud crash from the barn caught both their attention and fear crossed Clark’s face as he headed toward the barn after handing her his keys. “Go to the house and call Rachel….”

“But Clark…” She began to argue when another loud bang was heard inside the barn.

“Now!” he hollered as he headed toward the barn.

She knew she should listen, but there was something in his voice that she’d never heard before…. fear. She followed close behind, trying to catch up to where Clark was but found him nowhere in sight.

24 Hours Later…

Lois sighed in relief as she felt the rope that had her arms and legs restrained over the last day was finally removed, “Thanks,” she mumbled softly.

“Not a problem,” Rachel said, helping Lois rub her wrists to help bring the circulation back to the areas that had been restrained by the rope. “You guys want to tell me what happened here?”

“I wish I knew,” Martha said softly. “How did you find us?”

“Wayne showed up at the sheriff station about an hour ago covered in blood, rambling about government agencies and a kidnapping….” Rachel said. “Is there anyone else in here?”

Lois was in tears as she shook her head, “No, they grabbed Clark though. We don’t know where they took him….”

“We’ll find him,” Rachel promised, placing a supportive hand on her shoulder. “Let’s get you all to the hospital and we’ll find him.”

“He was ….shot,” Lois stammered. She noticed the expression between Jonathan and Martha.

“We’ll find him,” Rachel repeated. “I won’t rest until we find him,”

Present Day…

Jonathan stood on the porch with Clark, dressed in spandex and a cape, shaking his head. “It's definitely….colorful.”

“Lois said she thought it would distract people from recognizing me…” Clark said with a smirk.

Jonathan looked at him skeptically, “You really think the glasses will be enough of a disguise,”

Clark shrugged, “I am not really sure about much right now. I keep getting pieces …. blocks of memories at a time…. I remember this place…Pete, Rachel….you and mom…. but everything else…Metropolis…the past five years….It’s just blank…”

“I thought you said you remembered Lois?” Jonathan pressed.

“I remembered her face, but all I know right now is from what people have told me…the last thing I remember is leaving for Metropolis to start my senior year at Met U. Obviously, I know there is a lot missing….”

“I think whatever it was that your mom pulled out of your shoulder may have been keeping you from remembering,” Jonathan observed. “Lois said after they took it out you seemed to be remembering more…”

Clark nodded, “Yeah, I just wish I could remember what happened in the first place that cost me five years of my life…”

Jonathan looked at his feet for a moment, contemplating something for a moment then shook his head, “I’m sure it’ll come back soon, son,”

“Do you think this will work?” Clark asked nervously.

“Showing up in boots and a cape offering EPRAD a way to stop the asteroid hours before it's set to impact Earth and destroy life as we know it?” Jonathan shrugged, “It's worth a shot,”

“Where’s Lois?” Clark asked.

“She, uh….” Jonathan placed a hand on Clark’s shoulder, “You’ve got to understand…. these past five years have been hard on her…. between that and finding out about your…gifts….”

Clark sighed, realizing what his dad was saying. He didn’t remember much about her but it still hurt. “She doesn’t want to say goodbye….”

“It’s not that she doesn’t want to…. she CAN’T….” Jonathan explained, trying to reassure his son. “You have no idea what she’s been through…. just like she has no idea what you’ve been through…”

Clark nodded, “Okay, well here goes nothing….”

EPRAD controls were filled with technicians zeroing in on Nightfall, discussing the possible effects Earth would suffer when the asteroid came into the Earth’s atmosphere, “We’re talking about a complete destruction of life as we know it. This asteroid is bigger than the one that destroyed the dinosaurs….”

Another technician opened his mouth to argue but stopped when he did a double take on the screen, seeing a man in red and blue with what looked like a scuba tank on his back FLYING toward the asteroid. “Hey, Bill….”

“I mean, this is something that everyone talks about…history in the making…I guess we’ll finally get to see what it was like for the dinosaurs…”

“Bill!”

“What?” Bill looked at the other technician irritated.

“Look!”

They both looked at the screen in awe as they watched the man in red and blue begin to spin in space, heading foot first toward the asteroid. “Are you seeing what I’m seeing?”

“A guy in tights and a cape trying to drill his feet into the asteroid?” Bill asked. “Yep, I see it but I don’t believe it….”

Alarms began blaring over and over as the intercom announced, “This is EPRAD Ground Control. We are thirty-six hours from impact of ‘Nightfall’ what is the trajectory?”

They looked at the screen again and another voice announced, “This is EPRAD Ground Control. We are now fifty-four hours from impact of ‘Nightfall’ what is the trajectory?”

“Um, what did they just say?” Bill asked.

“Mission trackers reporting an anomaly. Switching to backup computers for corroboration.” The intercom announced, “Roger conformation. Asteroid velocity and density is decreasing….”

“The asteroid seems to be reversing its course and…..losing its density….” Bill responded in his radio headset.

“Roger, what is the cause of this anomaly?”

Bill looked at Ted for a moment and laughed, “A guy in tights and a red cape with a scuba tank on his back….” They stared at the screen in awe as they watched the asteroid disappear into a fiery explosion as the mysterious man in red and blue struck the asteroid, disappearing from the screen. “No one is gonna believe the report on this….”

The force of the contact he made with the asteroid caused the air tank to explode. He couldn’t breathe. He could feel his body weakening as he fell toward Earth. Everything around him felt like it was on fire.

Five Years Ago…

Clark parked the truck and helped Lois out as they walked toward the pond on the Kent farm. He took a deep breath and sighed, Lois looked at him carefully, “Are you sure you’re okay? You really don’t look that great…” She placed a hand on his chest and he let out a shallow breath, “Clark, what’s going on?”

He nodded, lowering his head to look at the ground for a moment. He needed to tell her. He couldn’t take the lies anymore. Even though he was weak and had no powers right now didn’t mean they wouldn’t return. He had to tell her. “Lois, there’s something I need to tell you…something I’ve been meaning to tell you but I just haven’t found a way….”

A loud crash from the barn caught both their attention. What if someone had found that meteorite? His dad had said he was going to destroy it…. The spaceship. His dad. What if they found it? He did his best to cover the fear that he knew was written all over his face and handed the keys to Lois before whispering, “Go to the house and call Rachel….”

“But Clark…” She began to argue when another loud bang was heard inside the barn.

“Now!” he hollered as he headed toward the barn, not bothering to look behind him anymore. There was no sign of his mom or dad anywhere. He couldn’t seem to squash the sick feeling he had in the pit of his stomach. Something was wrong.

As he approached the barn, he silently cursed his luck for not having his powers anymore. He stood in the shadows, watching as several men in government uniforms tied his parents up. His mother was gagged along with his father. In the corner, he recognized Wayne, his missing neighbor, badly beaten and gagged. “No…” He murmured to himself.

“Who are you? What do you want?” his mother asked.

“I’m Agent Jason Trask with Bureau 39, a top-secret government agency intent on protecting Earth from any alien invasion….” He smiled as he tightened the ropes, pulling out a lighter from his pocket, “If this doesn’t go well just remember, you give your lives for your country…Where is he?”

“Go to hell!” his dad spat back. Trask looked like he was about to strike his dad. Clark tensed up, ready to pounce if needed to help his parents. Trask nodded to the remaining agents in the room and they left. Clark flattened himself against the wall, staying out of the line of vision as he continued to watch and listen as the scene before him unfolded. Trask that was taunting them remained alone in the barn with his parents and Wayne. If he could overpower him somehow maybe he could stop him before the other agents got back….at least long enough for his parents and Wayne to get out of here.

“I don’t think you understand your predicament, Mr. Kent,” Trask laughed, “We came to Smallville in search of a meteorite….a meteorite we believe to be the key to an alien threat…and a meteorite we found in your possession. From what our scientists have told us this meteorite came to Earth at the exact same time your son was born….” He grinned, “If I were a betting man I’d say that’s more than a coincidence….Now, I’m not going to ask again, where is your son?”

“You stay the hell away from my son!” his mom spat.

Her retort was met with a blow to the head as Trask stood with his back to the doorway. Unable to stifle the anger he felt inside himself, Clark lunged, on top of Trask, intent on making him pay for raising a hand to his mother. “NOOO!”

Trask was strong. He did his best to meet each blow with one of his own. He would not let him win. He couldn’t. Blow after blow he continued to avoid each blow as Trask advanced toward him. How had he ended up outside? It didn’t matter. Hopefully, his parents and Wayne would be able to make it out….

He fell into the pond with Trask, struggling to fight him off. He could feel his weakened body trying to give up but he fought through it, grabbing him by the collar and striking him again and again until he was up against the old oak tree, wading in the pond as he continued to fight.

A hard metal object pressed up against his side. He had a gun. He couldn’t let him use it. He saw the glint in Trask’s eyes and his eyes widened when he realized what he was trying to do. He struggled with him, knowing it was a lost cause. He heard a resounding pop and felt a piercing pain in his chest.

“Clark!!!!” the sound of Lois’ cry reached his ears.

“Lois…” he managed to whisper softly as darkness overtook him.

Present Day…

Lois sat on the bench by the gazebo, staring at the water with a faraway look on her face. Martha walked up behind her cautiously, “Mind if I sit?”

Lois turned to look at her and shrugged, “Sure,”

“How are you holding up?” Martha asked, noticing where Lois’ line of vision was focused. It was the place where Clark had been shot five years ago.

“I’ll be fine,” Lois said with a weak smile. “It's just a lot to take in over just a few days,”

“I know,” Martha hugged her.

“I don’t know how to do this,” Lois said softly.

“Do what?” Martha asked.

“Assuming he even gets his memory back….” Lois’ voice began to crack, “How do I even face him? How do I tell him?”

Realizing what Lois was referring to Martha sighed, “Is that why you didn’t want to say goodbye?”

“I can’t….The more he remembers the more guilty I feel for not telling him. I mean, I don’t know how to tell him…”

Martha sighed, “Why don’t we just take this one step at a time? We’ll work with him about his memory then we’ll take it one thing at a time. Five years is a lot to catch up on,”

“I only had him for sixteen weeks,” Lois cried, “but Clark never got to….”

Martha hugged her tightly as the tears fell even harder. “You’ll get through this,”
Five Years Ago…

Clark groggily began to come to. The room he was in looked like a hospital room of sorts. He could feel his body was restrained. He heard voices around him but couldn’t make out what they were saying. There was a familiar green glow coming from across the room. It wasn’t close enough that it was painful but it was enough to make sure he was uncomfortable.

The men around him seemed to recognize he was awake and surrounded him. One of the men he recognized as Trask. The other he recognized as Agent Thompson. The other man he didn’t recognize at all but he suspected he was in charge.

“I see you’re back in the land of the living, Mr. Kent,” Trask said with a smug grin, “Maybe we can try this again…”

“I'm going to make you a deal, trusting that your stay in Metropolis has put some sense in your head. Give up the alien and I'll let you live,” Trask said, leaning over the table to stare Clark down.

Clark stared at him nervously, uncertain what he was talking about. He seemed to be out of his mind, thinking there was some invasion coming. The other men with him seemed just as delirious. “What makes you think I could do that if I wanted to?”

He slammed the large metal box his father had had in the barn on the table and said, “This came to Smallville around the time you were born. There has to be a connection. Tell me and I’ll let you live.”

Clark did his best to cover his nervousness, “There's nothing to tell. I'm learning all this for the first time right now.”

Trask slammed the palm of his hand on the table angrily, “I'm trying to save humanity from an
alien invader, Mr. Kent!”

Clark did his best to portray a calm he didn’t feel, “You have no proof of that.”

Trask looked back at him calmly and Clark shifted nervously in his seat, “There's another possibility.”
“What’s that?” Clark asked.

“Perhaps the alien has taken over your mind, infused you with its power,” Trask said, fingering the metal box with a sinister expression.

If he opened that box…No, he had to call his bluff. He couldn’t reveal himself. “Nobody's infused me with power and nobody's taken over my mind.”

The box opened and he felt his body begin to go numb as he slumped forward, “Are you certain of that, Mr. Kent?” he heard Trask say before he drifted to unconsciousness.

Present Day – One Week Ago…

“Trask!” Thompson roared angrily as he headed to the underground shelter where Trask had what was left of Bureau 39.

“Well, this is a surprise,” Trask said coolly.

“The Bureau is being shut down.” Thompson slammed an order in Trask’s face. “Everything you have on Smallville needs to be destroyed. No evidence of Bureau 39…”

“But….” Trask began.

“You’ve diverted from the mission time and time again,” Thompson warned. “I warned you what would happen….”

“I know the alien is …..”

“I don’t care!” Thompson sneered.

“You’ve diverted from the mission time and time again…”

The voice echoed from the hallway and he looked around, seeing no sign of the guards that normally manned the room.

“Your team has been dismissed. You have twenty-four hours…”

He looked around the room and saw the green glow. He had to get out of here before he tried to use it on him again. The torture.

“You have produced no results. He can’t kill…He can’t be used as a weapon…”

He could feel the strength that had left him slowly coming back…

He would wait for his chance. When the man came back to try and do his experiments he would escape. The door opened and he saw him enter the dark room. “Where is everyone?” he sneered. “Thompson!” He growled, pulling his keys out of his pocket.

He narrowed his eyes as he watched the door open. Any moment now…

Shots rang out around him as he overpowered the man and was able to keep the green glow away from himself as he destroyed the room. He would escape this time. He had to get out of here. He had to escape. He had to find…

Present Day…

It hurt. He could feel the heat from the explosion around him. He felt like he was gagging as he entered the Earth’s atmosphere, desperately trying to take in the Oxygen he’d been deprived. Images from the past seven years rushed through his mind as he soared down to Earth.

<<“Whoah! Sorry!” a young brunette bumped into him as she dropped the handful of textbooks in her hand.

“Uh, sorry…” He knelt down to help her. She had the most gorgeous brown eyes he’d ever seen.

“Its okay…Typical for me….barreling in without looking where I’m going…” the young woman said shyly. All he could manage to do was just stare at her and smile. She was gorgeous. ‘Uh, hi, Lois Lane,” she extended her hand to shake his.

He took her hand and smiled back, “Clark Kent,”>>

<<“I think you should probably look into that whole LOOKING where you’re going thing…” he grinned back at her, ‘or look into a siren…”

Lois blushed, “Sorry….again…” She grinned back at him. This was embarrassing. She’d crashed into him at least a dozen times in less than a twenty-four-hour period. That had to be a record. “Clark, right?”

He nodded, “You headed to the Met Daily too?” he asked, pointing to the Met Daily sign a few feet away.

“Yeah,” she nodded.

“Well, after you,” He motioned for her to go first and he followed behind.

“I guess it’s safer that way,” she shrugged.>>

<<“Everything will work out. The Planet is part time. I’ll be fine.” He looked around at the dump of an apartment he’d moved into. “Hopefully after graduation, I’ll be able to get something better…”

“Clark, you’re being careful, aren’t you?” his dad asked

“I’m fine, dad,” Clark sighed, raking a hand through his hair, “I’m being careful. Acting normal…getting crashed into ….pretending not to see or hear things I’m not supposed to…I’m being careful. I promise.”

“Crashed into?” his mom asked.

He laughed, “Yeah, this girl on the paper kept crashing into me today…I’m not sure if she was doing it on purpose or what but all day…”

“Girl?” his mom prompted mischievously. “Was she pretty?”

“Mom…”

“She was, wasn’t she?” his mom continued to tease him. >>

<<She cocked a half smile at him. “Couldn’t have done it without you,”

“Oh, really, and here I thought I was just another Neanderthal macho jock…” he teased.

“Sorry,” she winced, remembering the names she’d called all the football players before she’d known he was actually one of them. “I guess I WAS being a bit stereotypical…”

“Nah, really?” He teased back. “It's fine.” He took the paper from her and leaned back in his seat, “So, what are you going to do now that you’re famous on campus for stopping the evil football players from stealing good grades?”

She smirked back at him, “Do you always have to be such a smart ass?”

“No,” he shook his head, “but I REALLY enjoy it.”>>

<<“Chicken.”

“Excuse me??” Lois glared at him. “I am not….”

“Yes, you are.” He laughed. “You are so afraid you might actually have a good time. No one’s going to make you do something you don’t want to do. Just live a little. Cut loose and have some fun. What’s the worst that could happen?”>>

<<“Where are we going?” he asked.

“To dance…” she said with more determination than she actually felt at the moment.

“You know, usually people ask one another if they want to…” He began to tease but stopped when she grabbed him by the collar and kissed him. At first, he seemed too shocked to respond but then she felt him kiss her back. His tongue outlined her lips as his hand moved to cup her cheek as their kiss deepened.

She slowly broke off the kiss and smiled up at him, satisfied with herself, “Finally speechless…” she murmured against his lips.>>

<<“Are you okay?”

“I think…they…drugged…me…” she managed to whisper as she leaned back against him. “Thank you….”

“I’m gonna get you to a hospital,” He said, wrapping an arm around her shoulder protectively. “Can you walk or do you need me to carry you?”>>

<<“Hey!!!” Roarke’s eyes widened when he saw Clark heading for him and tried to make a run for it.

“I don’t think so…” Clark said as he grabbed him by the collar and slammed him against the wall.

“Kent, what’s your deal man?” Roarke whined against him.

“What did you put in her drink?” He spat angrily as he pushed him against the wall.

“I didn’t put anything in anyone’s drink…” Roarke argued half-heartedly. He could tell from his heart rate he was lying.

He slammed him against the wall once more, “You can tell me or you can tell the police…What the hell did you put in her drink???”

Roarke seemed to be contemplating his situation for a split second before rolling his eyes and admitting, “It was nothing, man. Just a roofie.”

“Where are they?” He tightened his grasp on Roarke’s neck.

“I…” Roarke shrugged

He was lying. Clark released his grasp on him, holding onto his anger as he held back his strength with everything he had, punching Roarke in the face before grabbing him by the collar once more. “Where ARE they??”

Frightened by the anger he saw reflected in Clark’s eyes, Roarke reached into his pocket and pulled them out, “Here…” he held up the silver pack.

Clark took the pack from Roarke, releasing his grasp on him once more before striking him again and grabbing him by the collar once more, “You better pray to God she’s all right…” he warned before throwing Roarke to the ground once more.>>

<<“You know me…jumping in without looking…I guess I should have given that scoop to the school board before printing it like you said…”

“Lois, this is NOT your fault,” Clark reassured her adamantly.>>

<<“You did WHAT???”

Clark hung his head as he listened to his father tear into him about how irresponsible he’d been. After making sure Lois had gotten home okay and leaving her with her mother and sister he’d flown out to Smallville for his weekly visit with his parents. Unfortunately, visiting wasn’t high on Jonathan Kent’s priority list at the moment.

“Jonathan, calm down,” his mother urged, placing a supportive hand on Clark’s shoulder. “It was lucky Clark was there…”

“What if someone had seen you?” His dad fumed, “How would you have explained…You can NOT afford to lose your temper like that…”

“Gee, I wonder where he gets it from…” His mom said with an arched eyebrow at his dad.

“You could easily lose control and slip up and then…Metropolis isn’t the Outback, you know. People in the city are always looking to make a quick buck. If they find out about you, they’ll put you in a laboratory, and …” His dad continued.

Clark rolled his eyes and finished the familiar phrase with him. “ … ‘dissect me like a frog.’ I know, Dad. Believe me, I’m trying my best to be like everybody else here, but I didn’t know what else to do…” Clark stood up and paced around the room. “You weren’t there…You didn’t see what those…I could have killed them if I wanted to…and believe me, I was tempted to…but I didn’t.">>

<<He looked at her aghast, “Lois, I would never…Why would you think I would…?”

“Most guys do one way or another…” she said shyly. She really wanted to stop talking about this.

“I’m not most guys,” Clark said firmly.

“No, you’re not,” she smiled back at him. >>

<<“You’re kinda incredible you know that?” He smiled back at her, “I think I knew you wouldn’t push things I guess after everything I just needed to prove it…if that makes sense? You’re really something.” She leaned up to kiss him on the lips. “I guess that’s why I love you…”

He smiled back at her and cupped her cheek and whispered, “I love you too,” >>

<<“Great, what’s your big plan when he discovers us in here…which he will…” he said, staring at the door.

“Take off your shirt,” Lois said hurriedly.

“WHAT??” he gasped in a hushed whisper as she tugged at his t-shirt to lift it over his head. “Lo-is…” He stopped when he noticed her unbuttoning her blouse, “What are you doing?”

“Shut up and kiss me…” she ordered, mussing up his hair.

“Are you cra…?” He was cut off when she captured his lips, pressing her frame against his. Her right leg hiked up slightly, increasing contact between their bodies. He could feel his body responding to her as the cotton from her blouse and the lace from her bra pressed up against his chest. “Oh, God..” he moaned against her lips, releasing his hold on the doorknob.>>

<<“Yes…Oh, God, Clark….don’t stop…” she moaned in pleasure as he grazed his thumb against her chest.

She moaned in pleasure as she felt him gently squeeze her breast with his hand, “Is this a dream?” She gasped as she felt him press his solid frame against hers.

“Not unless we’re having the same one…” He murmured against her skin. “We can stop…whenever….you…want…”

“Never…” she whispered, reaching for the hem of his t-shirt and tugging it over his head. He pulled back, long enough to disentangle himself from the shirt and throw it over his shoulder. She gasped, taking in his perfectly sculpted body for the first time. He was…perfect. “Wow…”>>

<<“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong….” He whispered. “I’ve just ….I mean….”

She caught the look in his eyes and immediately understood. “Oh, me neither…” She said hesitantly. “I’ve never…”

“So, we’re both in uncharted territory here…” Clark reasoned, brushing his thumb against her waistband ever so lightly. “We could stop…”

“Do you want to stop?” she asked him incredulously, praying the answer would be ‘no’.

He shook his head, “No,”

“Me neither,” She said, “Just love me, Clark. We’ll figure it out together…”>>

<<She leaned forward. “Not so bad yourself, Farmboy…”

“Farmboy?” He asked quizzically as she leaned forward, causing him to groan in pleasure.

“It’s a compliment…”

“Whatever you say….”>>

<<She shook her head, “No, I’ve got to start getting ready and you…” she gave him a lingering gaze, “need to go home and change.

“Change?” He teased, feigning confusion. “I just thought I’d wear what I’m wearing now…”

She rolled her eyes, wrinkling her nose at him, “I don’t think so….Some things are better left in the bedroom…” she said, running her hands up and down his chest seductively. “I was ready to jump your bones the minute you took your shirt off…I can only imagine how Cat Grant would react if you came to the Planet like this…” She gazed down at him appreciatively.

“Really?” He teased, cupping her cheek as he outlined her jawline with his thumb and index finger.

She raked her fingernails against his chest as she nodded her head, brushing her nude body against him. “You’re so …” She whispered as he nibbled at her neckline, “I don’t know how we’re going to make it through the day…”

“Five times wasn’t enough for you last night?” He murmured against her skin as he slipped his hand in between her thighs. “You’re insatiable. What am I going to do with you?”

“I have a few ideas…” she whispered, hovering over him as she felt him begin to respond to her touch.

“So, do I…” he murmured.

“Oh, Clark…” she moaned in pleasure, as she leaned forward.

“Lois??” The bang of the front door to her apartment caused both of them to look up.

“Oh, God…” Clark groaned in agony. “Who is that?”

“Lucy…” Lois muttered, covering her face with her hands. “I’m going to kill her…”

“Lois?? Where are you??? Your front door was open….”

Clark stifled his laughter and she covered his mouth with her hand, “Shhh, do you want her to come in here?”

“It’s either laugh or cry at this moment…” He said glancing downward.

“I know. I’m sorry…” she whispered. “Maybe if we’re really….”

“She’s in your apartment. I don’t think you can pretend not to be…” He began to argue but was cut off with the bedroom door swinging open.>>

<<The echo of a single gunshot being fired at the ceiling rang throughout the halls and an alarm began to blare. “Lois, I think we need to get out of here…”

“What the …??” Lois gasped when she saw a blonde figure with a gun raised towards them.

“Get Down!!!!” he pressed her against the wall, shielding her with his body as best as he could. “Don’t move…” he whispered in her ear, holding her close. She nodded, shaking against him as they listened to the shots fire off. Every instinct in him wanted to go over there and help stop whoever it was from firing shots off but he knew if he tried his secret would be exposed. Instead, he would have to focus on protecting Lois.>>

<<“Hello? Am I running a wax museum here? Get!!”

Everyone grabbed their things and headed out. Clark noticed Lois seemed a bit withdrawn. He walked up to her cautiously, “Lois, are you okay?”

She shrugged, looking back at him, “I don’t have much of a choice…” Seeing his expression she smiled, “I’ll be fine. Besides at least this way we can pick up where we left off this morning…give a really good impression of a couple on their honeymoon…”

He grinned back at her quietly, “I’d like that, but I just wanted to make sure you were okay…being at the Lexor after what happened a few months ago…”

“If I’m not I’ll get over it.” She shrugged, sorting through the stuff on her desk. “Now scoot. Let’s get this typed up so we can get our first big story…” He nodded, taking a seat at his desk and began typing, keeping a watchful eye on her as he did. She definitely was not ‘fine’.>>

<<“Lane, Kent, nice of you to join us this morning!” Perry bellowed across the newsroom. “Conference room!”

Lois shot Clark a glare, “I told you we were gonna be late!”

“So worth it…” he whispered in her ear as they entered the conference room.>>

<<“You two need any help?”

“We’re…” Lois began at the same time Clark began, “Uh…”

Lois pasted on a smile and just said, “We’re coping…”

Ralph wiggled his eyebrows at them, “I bet you are…”

He couldn’t help it. Something in him just made him do it. He kicked Ralph under the table.

“Ow….” Ralph looked around the room, trying to figure out who had kicked him. He was sitting in-between Claude and Cat. He looked at Claude and punched him in the arm.

“Ouch! Jeez man, what was that for??” Claude stood up angrily.

“You know what that was for! Don’t kick me!” Ralph accused.

“You’re nuts! I didn’t…” Claude began to argue but was cut off by Perry interrupting.

“Hey! Hey! Hey! Stop it both of you! Now, we’ve got two days left. Let’s get crackin’!” Perry ordered.>>

<<“What’s wrong?” Lois asked.

Without a word he laid the camera on the bed, covering it with the covers then grabbed Lois by the waist, “Clark, what are you doing? This isn’t funny!” She pushed against him when he laid her back on the bed, “Clark, stop it! I’m serious, stop it!”

She pushed against him as he laid down on top of her, silencing her protests with his lips. She was still pushing against him. The door opened and she froze. He continued to kiss her, hoping the maid would leave soon. Lois was not comfortable at all. He could tell she was angry by her rapid heartbeat.

“Extra towel, yah?” The maid’s voice asked as she entered the room. She seemed to have seen them and stopped, “Oops…Sorry…”

The door closed and he heard her leave. He pulled himself off of her and looked at her. Her face. He’d seen that expression before months ago. Fear. He hung his head, apologetically, “I’m sorry I heard…”

She glared at him angrily then slapped him across the face. He’d deserved that. “Just get off of me!” She pushed him off and headed towards the bathroom.

He sighed, raking a hand through his hair, “Great…”>>

<<“I forgot,” He said simply, approaching her cautiously. “I should have given you a warning. I’m sorry.”

She glared at him. He could tell from her tear-stained cheeks she’d been crying. “Darn right,” She muttered, before shaking her head. “What the hell is wrong with me?”

“Nothing.” He responded.

She glared at him with tears in her eyes, “I hate this! I hate that I react like this and….ARGH!!!” She balled her fist and slammed it into the water, splashing water all over him.

He couldn’t help but laugh as he took his glasses off to dry them off, “I guess I deserved that,” He began quietly.

She smirked at him with a half-smile, “You know I’m not normally like this. It’s just after everything…I don’t know…”

“I know,” He nodded, putting his glasses back on. He leaned forward, “I’m going to kiss you. Are you going to stop me?” She shook her head ‘no’ and he leaned in to kiss her. “They’ll go away with time…” He murmured against her lips.

“You can’t do that,” She argued, shaking her head. “You can’t just grab me like that…being here again…and being grabbed like that….just brings it all back.”

He hung his head and let out a long breath, “What can I do?”

“Just don’t grab me like that again…it just…” she trailed off, shaking her head.

He nodded, “Okay,” He leaned in to kiss her. “No grabbing,” He held up his hands to prove his point as he kissed her again.

She tugged his tie, pulling him towards her. “Nothing wrong with touching,” She teased, brushing her hands against his soaked dress shirt.

“Touching I can do,” He whispered against her lips as he cupped her cheek with his palm. She moaned against his lips, leaning back against the very large bathtub…with plenty of room for both of them. He felt her respond, deepening the kiss, tugging on his lower lip with her teeth.

“Good,” She whispered against his lips, “Take your clothes off,”

Without any further encouragement, he unbuttoned his dress shirt and tossed it to the side before climbing in the tub with her, “Clark! You’re gonna flood the bathroom!” She shrieked as he leaned down to capture her lips, throwing his soaked pants on the floor with his shirt.

“I’ll clean it up, later.” He promised, concentrating on more important things at the moment. He tossed his glasses to the floor and concentrated on the feeling of her very wet and naked body pressed up against his.>>

<<“You want me to meet your parents?” she asked.

“Yes,” He brushed his lips against her hair, “I love you and I’m sure they’ll love you too. We’ll be back by Monday I promise….So, what do you say?”>>

<<“Lex Luthor has never met with any press since his takeover of his father’s company at seventeen,”

“He’s never met Lois Lane before,” Lois said smugly, grabbing Clark by the arm, “Let’s go,”>>

<<Clark!” She turned around to hug him, planting kisses all over his face. “I thought…”

“I’m fine. I…saw the wave fold over like that and….I just kinda stopped running…” He managed. “Nice touch, kneeing Luthor like that. Great first impression.” He teased.

She smacked him lightly, “You know I don’t respond well to being grabbed like that…”

He nodded, “All too well,” He patted his face, pretending to wince at the memory of her slapping him.

“How’d you get us out of there?” She asked.

“One of the links in the chain was weak so I was working on it until it finally gave away. Luckily it broke when it did.”

“Yeah,” She said, running her hand through his hair, noticing it was slightly damp. “Your hair’s wet.”

He ran a hand through her hair as well, “So is yours…I think the mist from the wave…” He shrugged. She stared at him for a moment contemplating something for a moment. “What?” He asked nervously.

“Nothing, it's just…You’re always saving me…” She said softly, linking her arms around his neck.

“Someone’s got to…” He murmured, leaning in to kiss her, cupping her cheek with his palm.>>

<<“Such a waste of time,” He murmured disappointed at the lack of view after she clasped her bra back on.

She looked around, “We’re still parked outside where peering eyes can see us. When we’re at home maybe I’ll lose the bra…”

“Promise? Whose home?” He winked at her as she buttoned her blouse.

“Is that your fantasy, Mr. Kent? Me no bra?” She teased.

He shook his head. “No, you on my bed in my football jersey…nothing on underneath…” He murmured brushing his lips against her neck.

“Football jersey, huh? Maybe if you’re good we’ll try it out sometime…” >>

<<“I mean does it scream ‘I just had sex in the cab of a truck’ or…” He laughed as he opened the door, helping her out.

“I don’t know much about hair styles, sorry,” He pointed her towards the barn. “You can always throw some hay in it and say you fell,”

Lois smacked him, “Or I could push you,” Clark smiled back at her, unable to wipe the grin off his face.

“What?” She asked nervously.

“Nothing….just realizing how much I love you…You’re gorgeous, intelligent, sexy, and I couldn’t imagine my life without you, Lois Lane,”

She smiled at him, leaning up to kiss him. “I love you too, Clark Kent, and I pray you never have to find that out,”>>

<<Clark smiled broadly, “There’s something about the city tough, dad….the pace….the people…”

“Lois?” Jonathan prompted with a grin.

“Yeah,” He sighed with a broad grin. “Being in Metropolis. Working at the Planet and finishing up school at Met U….It’s a dream come true…”

“But?” Jonathan prompted with a knowing look. He knew him too well. Clark just stared down at his feet, unsure of how to continue, “You still feel like you don’t fit in…”

Clark sighed, standing up and pacing back and forth in front of his dad, “I don’t!” He kicked a pebble nonchalantly a bit harder than he intended and they both watched it fly out of sight into space. “See?” He pointed at the rock as proof, “I don’t fit in. I have to control myself all the time and never use my powers because I might jeopardize my chance at a normal life…”

“Whatever that means…” His dad sighed, placing a supportive hand on his shoulder.

He shrugged, “Just being human like you and mom. Living…working…having a family…”

His dad shook his head, “We don’t know if that’s possible and you can’t risk anyone finding out about you….If they knew….you could end up in some laboratory where they would….”

“…dissect me like a frog,” Clark nodded, finishing the familiar phrase for his dad, “I know, but I can’t hide forever and I can’t keep lying to Lois…”

“You’re not lying. You’re just omitting certain facts,” His dad corrected carefully.

“It feels like I’m lying to her. I want to be able to share everything with her…not just this…” He gestured to himself, “but me Clark Kent…the man that can fly…bend steel over his head…and loves everything about her.”

Jonathan shook his head, “Its just too risky, son,” He shook his head, “You’ve only known each other less than a year…”

“But…” He began to argue but thought better of it when he saw his dad’s stern look, “I love her,”

“I know you do, son,” He sighed, patting him on the shoulder. “Just give it time.”

“Do you think there’ll ever be a time where I can use my powers for good and still be …me, Clark Kent?” He asked wistfully.

“I don’t know, but if anyone can find a way, you can,” Jonathan said, giving him a hug.>>

<<“But marriage is about sharing everything you have, even when you don’t feel like it.”

“So’s divorce,” Lois said bitterly. “Ask my mother.”

Clark stared at her cautiously and she looked away, not wanting to give into the emotions that were threatening to overtake her. “Lois?”

Lois laughed bitterly, “It’s been twelve years and I guess I still get a bit angry about my parents’ divorce.”

“Sorry,” He rested a hand on her shoulder. “Lois, not everyone has that kind of relationship.”

“You mean where they wind up hating one another…” Lois muttered bitterly. “In my head, I know everything doesn’t end up like they did, but…..I don’t know…” She looked up at him sadly. “Seeing Helene with that bruise just brought a lot back…Sorry for going off like that.”

He cupped her cheek, “It’s understandable.” He leaned in to kiss her.>>

<<“Mom and dad really like you. I think Pete and Rachel love you too.”

Lois laughed, recalling the torture under the picnic table in front of Pete and Rachel when Lana had been in rare form confronting Rachel. “That was a lot of fun. Pete seems like a lot of fun. I’m sure you guys had a lot of fun growing up together.”

Clark shrugged, taking a seat next to her and looking up at the stars, “Yeah, I guess you could say that. Pete and I used to get into a lot of trouble when we’d play on Wayne Irig’s tractor. One time we were running from him and fell into this huge mud puddle …” He laughed at the memory, “…we were busted before we even got home.” He placed his mug on the side table. She handed him hers to put with it as well and then turned to wrap his arms around her from behind as she leaned back against him.

Lois laughed, “Sounds like you were a bit of a hell raiser when you were younger, Mr. Kent,”

He shrugged, “Not really. Just a bored kid with too much curiosity for his own good.”

Lois looked up at the stars wistfully, “When Lucy and I were little we’d play this game….Invisible or Fly. We’d ask each other what would you rather be able to do? Fly or be invisible?”

Clark looked at her tenderly, “And you chose?”

“Mmmm, Invisible,” She said softly, leaning against him. He wrapped an arm around her and kissed her head. “I wished I could walk through all those closed doors. I guess I still do.”

Clark smiled, “And what did you think you’d find behind all those closed doors?”

Lois looked back at him with a tender smile, “I don’t know. Something different…wonderful…” She intertwined her fingers with his, leaning back against him, “Something I don’t have…couldn’t have.” She then smiled broadly at him, looking back to meet his eyes, “So, what about you?”

“Huh?” He asked confused.

“Invisible or fly?” She turned in his arms to face him.

He looked up at the stars and smiled broadly, “Fly,”

“Really?” Lois asked, surprised, linking her arms around his neck.

“Yeah,” Clark nodded. “I think it’d be great to be able to fly in the sky…touch the clouds…the stars….”

“That does sound wonderful,” Lois sighed against him. “Listen to us,” she laughed. “Dreaming of being invisible and flying around the world like a bunch of kids.”

He laughed lightly, “Sometimes it’s fun to be a kid…” He leaned in to kiss her.

“Maybe,” she laughed, “but I’m glad I’m not a little kid anymore. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be able to enjoy….this,” she leaned into him, capturing his lips with her own and he groaned against her. “…or this…” she whispered, brushing her lips against his collarbone as she unbuttoned his dress shirt, “…or this…” she whispered inaudibly as she brushed a hand against his inner thigh.

“Lo-is…” He yelped. She laughed against him and he tightened his arms around her, “not out here,” He murmured.

“Race ya to the bedroom…” she whispered mischievously, slipping out of his arms and heading to the bedroom.>>

<<“What do you think? It’s our first big shindig with the Planet. I just don’t know what to wear. Do I go big and poufy or do I go with long and slender…”

He gazed at her, taking in the sight of her in a black lace corset with matching panties and thigh highs, “I like what you’re wearing right now,” He said with a sly grin.

“Later,” she swatted at him, turning to face him with the two dresses. “Which one?”

“Which one’s easier to take off?” He asked, being completely serious.

“You’re not helping,” She said as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her towards him. >>

<<“Do you realize it has been exactly a year today since we first met?”

“Really?” she scrunched her nose. “A year?”

“Yes,” He smiled. “A year ago today I was staring at these enormous gates, contemplating my future in Metropolis then you crashed into my life…” He laughed at the memory.

“I wouldn’t say crash ….exactly….bumped…maybe glided…” She corrected with a smile as she linked her arms around his neck. “It’s been a crazy year,”

He smiled, “I wouldn’t trade a single moment,” He cupped her cheek, brushing a few stray strands of hair out of her face. “I love you so much Lois. I …I can’t imagine my life without you in it.”

“…and I love you,” she whispered, leaning in to kiss him. “I’ve never known anyone like you…” She stroked his cheek, outlining his jaw with her fingers. “I really…love you…You know that?”

He smiled at her, “Yeah, I love you too…” He rested his forehead against hers, “I….just…I don’t know. I imagine the world ….the future….I can’t imagine any of it without you there…standing with me.”

“Marry me,” She whispered.

He looked at her in surprise, “What?” He cupped her cheek and whispered "Yes," before capturing her lips with his own.>>

<<Lex smiled, “I think we’ve both only scratched the surface,” He gestured toward the double doors where a limo awaited them.

“Unbelievable,” Clark muttered to himself as he watched the exchange, “I don’t believe this guy,”

“Not exactly the point of an interview,” Lois said with a smile.

Clark smiled, “That’s my girl. Put him in his place,”

“Well, I’m a firm believer that the chase makes everything more worthwhile,” Lex said opening the door to Luthor Towers for her to exit. “You never did tell me where to drop you off at,”

“That swarmy…” Clark muttered to himself as he watched Lois continue to evade Lex Luthor’s advances. He grimaced as Luthor reached for Lois’ hand and she pulled it back.

“I can manage from here,” Lois said, pulling away from Lex’s grasp once more.>>

<<“I’m gonna tell her, dad,” Clark said shoving his hands in his pocket as they walked toward the barn.

“Clark…” Jonathan began, following Clark to the barn, “we talked about this,”

“We’re engaged,” Clark cut his dad off.

“What?” Jonathan asked, surprised.

“I can’t take the lying anymore. The secrets. There’s a lot we don’t know about me, but …. Who’s to say that’s a bad thing? Maybe it’s a good thing. I just want to have a normal life with Lois…working at the Planet…She’s the one. I know it.” Clark said turning to face his dad.

Jonathan sighed in defeat, realizing from the expression on his son’s face he was right. “I know. We just spent so many years trying to…”

“I know,” Clark nodded, “but you don’t need to protect me anymore. I’m invulnerable, remember? I wanted to tell you guys in person.”

“You really love her, don’t you son?” Jonathan asked.

“Yeah, I do,” Clark beamed happily. “I can’t explain it. She makes me so…happy…so complete. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life making her as happy as she’s made me,”

“I know you will,” Jonathan said, hugging his son.>>

<<“What is all this?” She asked looking around at the lights.

Clark wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her to him, “I wanted this to be perfect,” They walked up the steps to the gazebo and Clark traced the outline of her jaw with his hand, as if he was mesmerizing the shape of her face. “I love you,” He whispered.

She smiled back at him, “I love you too,” She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

He slowly broke off the kiss and rested his head against hers, “I know technically we’re already engaged, but I wanted to do this right…I’m not sure if I’m supposed to get down on one knee, but…” He said, pulling a small velvet box out of his pocket as he dropped to one knee.

“Oh, my God…Clark,” She gasped when she saw the antique diamond ring with a ¾ carat diamond in the center and a white gold setting in the jewelry box he held up to her. “Is that for me?”

“Yes,” He said softly with a smile. “Do you like it?”

“It’s beautiful,” She whispered.

He smiled broadly, placing the ring on her hand as he stood up, “You’re beautiful. Lois, I love you and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you,”

She reached up to kiss him, “I love you, Clark Kent,” She murmured against his lips. “I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you,”>>

<<“I dug this up after Wayne came by. I didn’t want anyone finding it,”

Clark gasped when he saw the small space craft covered in dirt and clay. It was no bigger than the size of a bassinet with silver and blue engravings on the side along with what looked like some sort of emblem on the end of it. “What is it?” Clark asked.

“It’s the ship we found you in,” Jonathan said shakily.

“What?” Clark croaked.>>

<<“So, this…” Clark began cautiously fingering the emblem on the ship.

“Is everything we found you in….except for the blanket you were wrapped up in. Your mom has that in your baby box,” Jonathan sighed, “With those guys tearing up Wayne’s property not too far from Schuster’s Field I figured it was best to dig it up for now…”>>

<<“That doesn’t make any sense.” Clark said, “Why go to all this trouble for a rock?”

Jonathan sighed, “Because the preliminary report said it was some kind of meteorite. Wayne was scared when the feds showed up so he gave it to me for safekeeping.” He unlocked the box and lifted it up, revealing a large green glowing crystal like rock. As soon as the box was opened Clark felt a strange sensation wash over him. “I figured since it was found a few miles from where we found you it could be related…”

He couldn’t really describe it. It was uncomfortable and….painful. His stomach was turning in knots as he backed away from the workbench slowly. “Dad, I’m feeling kinda…strange…” He managed as he took another step back. It hurt. It definitely hurt. This was what pain felt like.

“My God you think it could be this?” Jonathan asked, not turning to look at him. Clark wasn’t able to answer as he fell back against the bags of seed behind him. Jonathan looked back as he fell and shouted, “Clark! What is it?” He knelt down next to him, cradling his head but Clark was unable to answer in anything but a painful groan. “Martha!!!” Jonathan yelled before turning back to Clark, holding him close, “Oh, my boy…my boy….” Clark struggled to speak but was unable to as darkness fell over him.>>

<<“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“I’ll be fine,” He said shakily. “Just…”

“Allergies?” Lois looked at him skeptically. “I don’t know. Maybe you need to see a doctor…”

“I’ll be fine,” He murmured incoherently, drifting off to sleep once more.

Lois sighed, pushing him back further on the bed. “You’re not fine,”>>

<<“That feels good,”

He leaned down to kiss her, “I aim to please,”

“Yes you do,” She whispered with a wicked grin. He laughed, slipping his arms around her waist and pulling her to him. She laughed, pulling out of his grasp, “Nope, remember what happened last time? We’re here to work. There’ll be time for that later.”

“I hope so,” He whispered, giving her a soft kiss on her collarbone.

“Clark…” She laughed, wrapping an arm around his neck from behind. “Focus!”

“I am…” He teased.>>

<<“Are you sure you’re okay? You really don’t look that great…” She placed a hand on his chest and he let out a shallow breath, “Clark, what’s going on?”

He nodded, lowering his head to look at the ground for a moment. He needed to tell her. “Lois, there’s something I need to tell you…something I’ve been meaning to tell you but I just haven’t found a way….”

A loud crash from the barn caught both their attention. He did his best to cover the fear that he knew was written all over his face and handed the keys to Lois before whispering, “Go to the house and call Rachel….”

“Now!” he hollered as he headed toward the barn, not bothering to look behind him anymore.>>

<<“I’m Agent Jason Trask with Bureau 39, a top-secret government agency intent on protecting Earth from any alien invasion….” He smiled as he tightened the ropes, pulling out a lighter from his pocket, “If this doesn’t go well just remember, you give your lives for your country…Where is he?”

“Go to hell!” his dad spat back.

“I don’t think you understand your predicament, Mr. Kent,” Trask laughed, “We came to Smallville in search of a meteorite….a meteorite we believe to be the key to an alien threat…and a meteorite we found in your possession. From what our scientists have told us this meteorite came to Earth at the exact same time your son was born….” He grinned, “If I were a betting man I’d say that’s more than a coincidence….Now, I’m not going to ask again, where is your son?”>>

<<“Clark!!!!” the sound of Lois’ cry reached his ears.

“Lois…” he managed to whisper softly as darkness overtook him.>>

<< “There's nothing to tell. I'm learning all this for the first time right now.”

Trask slammed the palm of his hand on the table angrily, “I'm trying to save humanity from an
alien invader, Mr. Kent!”

Clark did his best to portray a calm he didn’t feel, “You have no proof of that.”

Trask looked back at him calmly and Clark shifted nervously in his seat, “There's another possibility.”

“What’s that?” Clark asked.

“Perhaps the alien has taken over your mind, infused you with its power,” Trask said, fingering the metal box with a sinister expression.

If he opened that box…No, he had to call his bluff. He couldn’t reveal himself. “Nobody's infused me with power and nobody's taken over my mind.”

The box opened and he felt his body begin to go numb as he slumped forward, “Are you certain of that, Mr. Kent?” he heard Trask say before he drifted to unconsciousness.>>

‘Lois,’ his mind cried out as he felt the air fill his lungs. He looked around and noticed a good bit of the suit had burned. He’d have to get his mom’s help to fix it. He looked around and noticed he was near the Kent farm and headed toward the familiar farmhouse.

TBC...

Comments Go Here

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube