Next Thread
Print Thread
L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Nobody comments on this story, so I don't know if anyone is reading it. I understand that I wait a long time between chapters. I actually stopped writing it because nobody commented in June when I posted 3 chapters. I decided to finish it, because it should be finished. If anyone is reading it, it's almost done. But if nobody's reading it, I can let it go now.

Last edited by L; 09/27/16 09:19 PM.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That is the saddest thing I ever read. frown I haven't read it yet, but I'll take a peek and leave you some FDK. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I've been out of the loop for a while and haven't seen your story. My advice would be to finish it because you've put in a lot of work and reader's may come. It's always good to finish something.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Lol. It's a sequel to a very long fic. So if you aren't a reader then I beg your pardon in engaging your pity read.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lois nodded, trying to keep her emotions at bay. His talk of servitude kept pushing her towards terror, but she was in shock right now and that was enabling her to function calmly.

Lois has come a long way since this story began.

Actually, it would be grand if you finished the story. It is plain to see you put a lot of effort into each word. thumbsup

Last edited by Morgana; 09/28/16 06:04 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks Morgana. Guess I'll finish this and not bother on it's sequel (Kal and Lois's story from the invaded universe)

Features Writer
Features Writer
I've been following this story. My apologies for not commenting. There are only a couple of comment threads on the TOC and it didn't seem like they were very active. It never occurred to me to search for additional comment threads or to start one.

This is an incredible story. I like how you showed both the similarities and the differences between the pairs of Loises and Clarks/Kal-El. Such an angst-filled story on many levels, with the pain of the victims, and the pain that the rescuers feel for them. I feel the pain especially of Kal-El and the Lois of this dimension. I hope they both find happiness.

I'm glad to see the true Kal-El is now in his rightful place.

If you choose not to continue it as a trilogy, I hope you consider an Epilogue to allow the readers to know what happens eventually between Kal-El and Lois. I will do better with comments for any future installments.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
YAY! Thanks Cuidadora!!!!

I absolutely want to write the rest of the trilogy, but I lose interest when I get no comments. I was keeping that too myself, but I know other writers feel that way, which made me feel a little less petty. I just want to know if it's worth it or not.

L
L Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
OH, and Morgana! Sorry, I scrolled right past it. Thanks.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi L!
I'm sorry I only got around to the new parts now. The past couple of months have left very little time for LnC frown

“My lord,” Zara spoke, bowing to show obeisance. “How may I be of service to you? Do you seek a companion?”
The clone sure does seem like a bit of a creep.

Kal-El knew that he had broken some kind of habit in coming into this place of choosing.
Oh, Zara’s the one to select the concubine for the night and bring her to him. Still a creep.

“I was delayed,” she murmured. “I truly am sorry. There was – an incident - I needed to intervene before lord Nor took what wasn’t his.”
Oh boy. So, would Clone-El punish Nor? Hmm…Probably not. If we go with what’s common in human society, Clone-El would have punished his concubine for seducing Nor.

“I am Lord Kal-El,” he spoke into the stunned silence.
So, the final act begins…

“We did what I believed we had to do,” Trey said. “We continued our people’s existence. I regret what has happened here, although I know you will not believe that. I have come to regret it greatly.”

Kal-El stared at him, trying to read his expression. Was Trey a good liar... or – truly innocent?
Considering he was a proponent of enslaving another world, he might be innocent of the conspiracy, but probably should still be strung up.

“Take all you need.”
I do wonder if there’s another twist hidden smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aaaand the next part!
Footsteps heralded the arrival of those who would deliver his fate. Zara in full regal garb approached him, as she was the temporary leader of Krypton.
I just had an idea! What if Zara manipulates the test and has both Clone-El and Kal-El declared illegitimate, making herself the absolute ruler instead?

“My lord Kal-El, I grant you right of ascension.” She bowed down, showing the form of proper protocol.
Or not.

“Yes. We discussed it and agreed that we choose for them to die. We cannot risk them escaping and returning to plague us.”

Kal-El nodded without any expression, but she sensed his approval.

“I am not a leader who seeks to act vengefully or wrathfully,” he told her calmly,
So, that’s an x-nay on the vivisection? Would Kryptonian skin actually make invulnerable body armor if it is removed from a living body?
RAMSAY: smile1

“I’m not so high minded. I do want them to die because I loathe them for what they did. And I want them to know it’s me who called for their deaths. “
RAMSAY: [Linked Image]
LOIS: Seriously?

We will share technological knowledge, equipment - anything you need. As well as red radiation emitters."
One does wonder, Earth has many times the number of people. And with the proper technology, humans might, in a generation or so, visit New Krypton and enslave that world.

Looking forward to the next part!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Blogger
Blogger
I'm sorry I haven't commented. I read the original story and loved it. I am enjoying this one. It always bothered me to think that a version of Kal-El (Clark) had killed a Lois. So, I was relieved to find out Lois was alive and the sadistic Kal-El was a clone.

I definitely want to find out what happens to Kal-El and Lois. So, please continue with the trilogy.

Ann

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I, too, read "Long Strange Trip" and enjoyed it. I am currently re-reading "Strangers in a Strange Land" in order to refresh my memory and come up to speed in the story. I agree with Artemis, please finish the story. There is nothing more frustrating than be left hanging in the middle of a great, but INCOMPLETE saga!
Supes Fan

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Bonjour L,
Thanks to this thread!, I just understood that you wrote a sequeln albeit incomplete, to LST. Being a newbie to the boards, I still haven't browsed through the old posts and threads... Sorry about that.
As I adored that story when I read it on the archives, I can only join the rest of the gang, pleading that you complete it, and promise that I will speedily read all the parts that you already posted.
I'd like to thank you for an awesome story and a (no doubt about it) awesome sequel... I'll be happy to go for another emotional roller coaster with your heroes.
Mille Feuilles

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I sent you a personal message. Wanted to make sure you saw it.
Supes Fan

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard