Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Awwwww! Poor Lois and Clark. help them come to terms with each other soon. This was a sweet sorrow sort of section<g> More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Lois drinks too much decaf.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
A hiccup. Sorry.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I really like the way you're extending this - you have a lovely handle on emotions here, and this is very well-written. smile Keep it up!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
whinging
That's all I really have to say. So sad. But so good!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Very nice part. Emotional and well-written. I'll be waiting for more smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wow, this is great!! thumbsup

Please have her call Clark, please!! Or even better, have her go over to Clark's apartment and wait for his return. wave

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Oh so sad! More soon please.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh...this is so sad. Lois and Clark are killing each other with their little game. Please don't take so long to post the next part. hail

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Columnist
Columnist
This story keeps getting better and better. I love the insight you give into both Clark and Lois' thoughts. Hopefully Lois will come to terms soon with her own insecurities (which is an ironic thing, as she presents herself so confidently) and Clark will let her know that this 'perfect' illusion that Lois has concerning him, is just that-an illusion. Lois needs to see he has flaws in order to be able to accept him. I like that you have Clark at a loss as to what to do. How do you tell somebody you're not perfect (not even human) without sounding horrendously egotistical? Keep it up!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I believe the song for this is " Killing me softly..." hyper

Kerth
Kerth
Too bad Superman can’t save this kind of day.
mecry But Clark can! Why, oh why, are they torturing themselves by hiding their feelings from each other? So heartbreaking! Such great storytelling!

Get back here and make things right between them! wildguy

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
FoLCs, do you know about that movie Lois is watching here? Woman of the Year with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn? I saw it about a hundred years ago, but I don't remember much, so I'll have to rely on an internet site I found (www.imdb.com/title/tt0035567) to talk about it. Tracy and Hepburn play Sam Craig and Tess Harding, two reporters who are married to each other and are working for the same (possibly big-city) newspaper. Tess Harding is "a dedicated multilingual political columnist" while Sam Craig is a sports columnist. "The problem is that Tracy is a traditional male, while Hepburn, although distinctly female, isn't much of a Hausfrau." So they have this bickering love-hate relationship, while Hepburn, Tess Harding, is agonizing over how much of herself she wants to give up to get that romantic domestic bliss she's dreaming of. Should she really change her name from Tess Harding to Tess Craig, for example? And should she try to cook? She answers the latter question in the affirmative, and catastrophe ensues!

As for Hepburn and Tracy themselves, they are known as one of Hollywood's most romantic couples. They were never married, but they had this almost life-long off-screen relationship nevertheless. Tracy was a Catholic and couldn't get divorced, while Hepburn, or so I believe, never had any other love interests. Seems to me that Hepburn was the one who had to give up the most to make her relationship with Tracy work. He, on the other hand, could eat his cake and still have it, having both a mistress and a wife. Similarly, Tess Harding was the one who had to sacrifice the most to make her marriage to Sam Craig really happy.

As you can see, the similarities between Lois and Clark and Tess Harding and Sam Craig are incredible! Did the people behind Lois and Clark even use that movie as an inspiration for the TV show? Possibly, but it is equally possible that the people behind Woman of the Year looked at a certain comic book for inspiration. By the time Woman of the Year opened in 1942, Lois Lane and Clark Kent had already been working together at the Daily Planet in the comic book world for four years!

Anyway, it's a brilliant choice to have Lois watch this particular movie, where one of the two main characters is so much like herself. Let's see if our editor has planned to end her story in a way that bears any resemblance to the movie ending, which may be the cooking disaster scene - but I don't think you would do that, would you, editor?

You have certainly been doing great so far!

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You guys are so gracious -- honestly, I never expected such amazing feedback. Thanks so much for reading, and for all your comments! They've kept me awake at night, determined to hammer out more installments. smile

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard