Print Thread
#27289 01/03/06 02:10 PM
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
LOL rotflol

Hmmm KD.

Well it can't be Kraft Dinner.
Kawasaki Disease? Found in Japan...no, nothing gross happening here.
A Japanese invention called KD which is like a CD....is it wrapping them all up into a sphere which collects and stores....nah dumb.

Hmm, I asked my crazy video gamers of a brother said Kalamari Diplomacy. You roll over stuff even if you don't want it.

EDIT - Found something that someone said elsewhere: Don't be fooled, Katamari Damacy is just an unblinking mirror into our soulless hunger for stuff that we hope will make us happy, safe and popular.

Hmm. . . crooks, gamblers and money. . . does it fit?

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
#27290 01/03/06 03:59 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No idea. I give up. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#27291 01/03/06 09:43 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Nope, I have no idea what KD stands for. The twin facts that I have watched less than half of all the LnC:TNAoS episodes, and that English is my second language, aren't helpful, either.

Of course, due to my Christian upbringing I am immediately reminded of how God drowned the whole world under the Flood, when he had grown tired of his creation. Maybe this is God, too - oh, alright, let's be less heretical, maybe it's a servant of God - who has come to Earth to destroy those creatures who mock God's creation by being clones of it? Maybe this weird-looking person, type, thing may be a cross between some kind of angel (sorry about that, Chris) and a sushi chef. The Grim Reaper wielding his rolling mat (which for some reason is a sphere) to roll the whole sinful Olg Gang of Clones of Mine into one huge Kalamari roll! Kalamari sphere. Kalamari Dish? Nah... Thanks to SuperRoo, by the way, for mentioning the words "dinner" and "Japan" inclose proximity, thus making me see the sushi connection!

Ann

#27292 01/03/06 11:37 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
To tell you the truth, I did get a little... confused.

KD... No idea. How about 'Kalamari-ed Dillinger?'

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#27293 01/04/06 01:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Er... Interesting, Mary.

I would have no idea what you were talking about, if not for the fact that I recently started reading a webcomic called " Shortpacked ." (This week, I read through the entire archive.) In early October, there was a brief storyline which gave me some help. It starts October 3rd , but the next strip ( October 5th ) names the giant ball.

It confused me, and I meant to do some research, but forgot. So, thanks for the reminder. A quick entry of the correct word into Firefox's search box (set to Wikipedia for this one) turned up this page , which helped quite a bit.

So, now I get it. laugh Fun thought.

(As for Shortpacked... It's a mixed bag. Some very funny stuff, especially the semi-regular Batman strips, but I should warn you that there are some potentially offensive things -- language, mature themes, etc -- which can come up from time to time.)

Paul

P.S. Have you checked your LJ lately? Cuz the 9th is fast approaching...

P.P.S. Ooo, look! There's a search function on Shortpacked!

First Batman Strip
Second Batman Strip
Third Batman Strip <-- Good one
Fourth Batman Strip <-- My fave
Batman Begins Review
Something about the JLA and the recent return of Hal Jordan
The second half of the JLA thing, which includes Batman
Er... something that kind of has to do with the first one, and also includes Superman
Batman and politics
The first shortpacked strip I ever saw, and the second-best one about Batman, IMO

P.P.P.S. Okay, so this is more random commentary and links and stuff than actual FDK, but it's a random story which requires random outside knowledge to understand, so this post is actually rather apt, right? ... Right?

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#27294 01/04/06 03:34 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Now that I read Paul's link and realized what you were trying to do...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

See ya,
AnnaBtG. lol

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#27295 01/04/06 05:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Points to Roo and Paul! laugh

Btw, Paul, I did read your comment, but alas, I don't think we'll be able to meet any time soon. School and stuff, y'know. razz

*bummer*

Thank's for the links, though! Now I've got a new favorite webcomic! smile

*gives Paul cheese*

~•~
#27296 01/04/06 08:56 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooo, points!! My very own pet points! I will hug them and squeeze them and never let th -- Hey! Cheese!!

Er...

Sorry.

Sorry, too, about school schedule. Too bad.

Glad to at least give you a fun link. smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#27297 01/08/06 07:56 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
KATAMARI DAMASHII!!!! OMG! I LOVE that game!!! If any of you haven't played it, it's great! The entire point of the game is to roll up as much stuff as you possibly can! And the sequel, We Love Katamari, is also hilarious!!

Thank you for that!!

ROTFLOL!!!! rotflol

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard