Winner Takes All
Folc4evernaday
Part 6

Lois Lane awoke the next morning feeling refreshed. She had been so happy when she had gone to bed last night. She had the exclusive on Superman. Perry may have put the APB out for him, but Superman had come to her. That had to have meant something, right? Her by-line would show the world just how good she was. The first reporter to nail down the exclusive on Superman.

‘What about Clark?’ her conscience nagged at her. Clark. She really wasn’t comfortable thinking about him right now. She had grown uncomfortable in his presence. She wasn’t sure what had come over her yesterday. She had been all over him. She had kissed him right in the middle of the newsroom for everyone to see. Sure that could be written off as relief that he was alive, but what about on the plane? She had kissed him as more than just a diversionary tactic. Did he know that?

This is ridiculous. Clark is my partner. I shouldn’t be thinking of him like that. Partner. The word rang in her ears. The word had so many double meanings. Partner could refer to a professional and personal aspect. What she wanted at this point she wasn’t sure yet.

‘Partner.’ Her conscience reminded her once more. She looked down at her notes guiltily. She had a partner now. She couldn’t write up an exclusive without him. He had definitely earned her respect over the last week. He definitely wasn’t just a hack from Nowheresville. They had agreed to a truce with one another, so she needed to work with him on this. No matter how much she really didn’t want to.

“Hello?” Clark mumbled incoherently into the receiver of his phone.

“Clark?” Lois’ voice echoed from the other end.

“Lois?” Clark squinted, looking around the room, adjusting to the light.

“It’s seven in the morning. Aren’t you up yet?”

“Perry did tell us to take the next two days off.” He mumbled in response.

“Yeah, but this is important. I got us the exclusive on Superman.”

“Us?” he asked bemused.

“We ARE partners after all, aren’t we?” she asked.

“Well, yeah…” he began. She was willingly sharing the byline on the biggest story of the year. He hadn’t expected that.

“Good. Since technically we’re supposed to be NOT working I thought we could work on the piece together. My place is off limit’s due to Lucy and….well; you don’t want a repeat of what happened last time, do you?”

“No.” Clark definitely didn’t want to be around Lois and Lucy when they were fighting. Being around anyone that was fighting made him uncomfortable.

“Good. I’ll need directions to your place. Where are you staying?”

“344 Clinton Street.” He said.

“Clinton Street? Oh, I know where that is. See you in a few.”

Before he knew what had happened he was listening to dead air. He hung up the phone and began to move at super-speed preparing for Lois’ arrival. He wasn’t sure where she was coming from or how long it would take her to get to his place.

Once he had finished getting dressed and tidying up the place he began to work on making breakfast. He was about to flip the last of the pancakes when an insistent knocking at his door caught his attention. “Oh, boy.” He muttered to himself. He quickly finished cooking the pancake with his heat vision then headed up the stairs to answer the door.

“It’s about time. How long does it take you to answer the door?” she asked making her way into his apartment. Clark watched her amused. “Not bad.” She said, examining the place. “I had a friend that stayed over here once. She said it was a dump, but this is actually pretty nice looking.”

“Well, it took a lot of repairs and paint,” Clark explained.

“You did all this?” Lois asked, gesturing to the apartment.

“Well…yeah.” He said. “You said something about an exclusive on the phone.”

“Oh, yes. You won’t believe who I ran into last night.” Lois beamed, holding up her notebook.

“Who?” Clark asked, humoring her.

“Superman.”

“No kidding.” Clark began hesitantly, “What’s he like?”

“Well, he didn’t stay long, but I got enough for an exclusive.” Lois smacked him lightly with the notebook, “We keep this up we may be looking at a Pulitzer next year.”

Clark smiled back at her. She was so beautiful when she was like this. Her face was flushed with excitement from landing the interview with Superman. He couldn’t suppress his own smile. He loved seeing her like this.

<<”Cl-ark!”>>

The memory of what he had witnessed last night haunted him. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind of the memory before his body betrayed his emotions. “Hey, Earth to Clark!” she waved a hand in front of him. “Did you hear me? I said I just got us the exclusive of the century.”

“Uh, that’s great. I’m sorry. I’m just a little tired. It’s been a long week you know.” He said, walking into the kitchen. He offered her a plate. “Are you hungry?”

Lois eyed the ensemble of food on his counters. “Where do you put it all?”

“I wasn’t going to eat it all myself.” He explained. “I whipped up some extra when you said you were coming over.”

“Oh.” She eyed the food warily. “I guess it couldn’t hurt.”

He didn’t allow her a chance to argue, placing a plate of pancakes in front of her. “Enjoy. Do you want some coffee?”

“Please.” She nodded.

“Here. Bon Appetite.”

Lois took a sip of her coffee and was surprised to find it already sweetened to her liking. “How did you know how I like my coffee?”

“I’m observant,” Clark explained.

Lois smiled at him then turned her attention to the food in front of her. They ate in compatible silence, making occasional small talk. It was nice. Comfortable. It reminded him of the many meals he had had with his parents.

After breakfast, they began piecing together the story on Superman. It had been incredible; the way they bounced ideas off of one another. It was like they were reading one another’s minds. He kept catching her stealing glances at him. He tried to pretend like he hadn’t noticed.

“So, I think that’s everything. I’ll drop this by the Planet and Perry should have it in the next edition.” Lois said, gathering her things.

“Thank you for sharing the exclusive with me, Lois. You know you didn’t have to. I mean, Superman did come to you.” Clark said.

Lois smiled shyly at him, “I know, but after the way I’ve treated you this past week I kinda felt like I owed you one. We make a pretty good team.”

“Definitely.” He smiled back at her. He was surprised to find her heart rate picking up when he did so. Was something wrong? He watched her carefully as she grabbed her purse. She gave him a sideways glance as she made her way up the steps.

<<”Cl-ark!”>>

The memory was seared into his mind. He had a feeling she probably remembered it too by the way she was blushing. “So, I’m going to go now…” she smiled at him. “Thanks for breakfast.”

“Anytime.” He smiled. There went her heart rate again. “Hey, Lois?” He caught up to her as she opened the door.

“Yes?” she turned to face him.

“I was wondering…” He began slowly, “…if you had dinner plans.”

“Dinner plans?” she asked confused.

“Well, I was wondering if you’d like to go to dinner…with me?” he asked cautiously. Her heart rate was going a mile a minute. “I know this new Italian place down the street…”

“I…I…I don’t know what to say.” Lois began. “You’re asking me out?”

“Well…yeah…” he said. “It’s just dinner.” He smiled again.

Lois bit her lip nervously, “Okay.”

He rewarded her answer with a megawatt smile, “Great. I’ll pick you up at seven?”

“Sounds good.” She said. With that, she was gone.

Clark sighed in relief when the door closed. “See, that wasn’t so hard.” He told himself.

The afternoon’s edition lay on Lex Luthor’s desk, relaying Lois’ exclusive interview with the man of steel. Lex scanned the article with a menacing glare. He had paid Jason Trask to eliminate Superman and the man had failed. He didn’t tolerate failure.

His phone rang and he answered it briskly, “Luthor.”

“I’m guessing you’ve seen the article,” Trask asked on the other end of the phone.

“Yes, I’m a bit surprised seeing as how I was promised just last night that you had eliminated Superman,” Lex said.

“I was mistaken. Clearly, the alien is more powerful than I anticipated.”

“Well, the phrase ‘know thy enemy’ comes to mind,” Lex said grimly.

“I don’t have time to study him! I have a war on my hands!”

“Maybe not, Mr. Trask, but if you plan to fight him it may be useful to discover his weaknesses.”

“I have.” Trask snarled, “I’ve been going through some old reports and I think I’ve found something that could give us the upper hand.”

“Fine. You do it your way; I’ll do it mine.” Luthor said.

“Very well, but I still want the first blow. I’ve waited years for this attack. I’ve prepared for him…I want to be the one to take the first shot. Are we clear?”

“Of course. This is after all YOUR plan, Mr. Trask.” Lex said before hanging up. “And if anyone ever becomes the wiser it’ll be your head that is hung; not mine.”

Lucy sat in the living room, waiting for Lois, impatiently. She had heard what had happened with Lois and Clark from Jimmy. He had called to check up on her yesterday. She was still angry at Lois for interfering with her relationship with Lex, but she still felt guilty. Lois could have been killed yesterday, and they would never have been able to patch things up.

The locks to the front door began to turn and she moved to help her sister unlock the door. She was surprised to find Lois carrying several shopping bags from different department stores. Lois hated shopping. She was usually too busy. “What’s all this?”

“I have plans tonight. I wanted to get something appropriate.” Lois explained. “So, you’re talking to me now?”

Lucy smiled shyly at her. “I know I’ve been a real jerk lately, Lois. I’m really sorry. You made me really mad that night…” Lucy sighed, knowing this wasn’t helping things. “That’s not the point. I shouldn’t have been so…cold to you. You’re my sister and I care about you. If anything ever happened…I don’t know what I would do.”

Lois moved to hug her sister, “I’m okay. It’s okay. I’m not planning any escapades like that in the near future, and for the record, I didn’t jump out of that airplane. I was pushed.”

Lucy smiled weakly, “I figured. Skydiving without a parachute doesn’t really sound like your cup of tea. So, we’re okay now?”

“Yeah.” Lois smiled, “We’re okay.”

“Great. So, you never did tell me how things went with Clark that night...”

Lois laughed, “It wasn’t a date, Luce.”

“How do you know?”

“I just know.” Lois smiled.

“So, what are you up to tonight?”

“Tonight I have an actual date with Clark.”

“Oh, really?” Lucy smiled at her sister. “This is so cute. You’re dating.” She clapped her hands together. “Go with burgundy. You look good in burgundy.”

“Check.” Lois held up her bags for inspection.

Lucy pulled out one of Victoria’s Secret’s most famous item from one of the bag. “Lingerie?”

Lois said, snatching the item back.“Don’t you have a final to study for?” Lois asked, making her way to the bedroom.

“Don’t worry. Jimmy wanted me to go out with him and Allison for drinks. I’ll stay in a hotel room if I have to.”

“Lucy, it’s not like that.”

“Sure, keep telling yourself that, sis.” Lucy laughed as Lois stalked into her bedroom, slamming the door behind her. She hoped everything worked out for her. Lois had found it hard to trust men for a long time. She had been hurt countless times; she hoped Clark would be different.

Lex Luthor sat in a secluded area of LexCorp with the hired hands Nigel had summoned for him to start his ‘study’ of Superman. “What do we know about Superman?” Lex asked.

Jules was the first to answer. He was an African American man in his mid thirties with gold teeth. “That he can really jump….for a white guy.”

“Yes, but how far? How high? Is he, for example, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound?” Lex asked.

Jules didn’t have an answer; he just shrugged. Nigel spoke up, “He’s immensely powerful.”

“How powerful?” Lex challenged. “More powerful than an avalanche? More powerful than a…locomotive?”

Monique spoke up, “He’s still a man. All men are weak.” She said seductively.

Lex smiled grimly, “Obviously we know very little. I have designed a series of tests for Superman. I’ll need your help.” Monique shook her head, annoyed and raised a hand. “Yes, Monique?”

“Let me hire a couple of shooters, and I’ll turn Superman into a giant wet spot. Tests won’t be necessary.” Monique said seductively running a hand up and down her thighs.

Luthor ignored her obvious attempt at seduction, “Have you ever read the Sun Tzu’s ‘The Art of War’?”

“I’m waiting for the Reader’s Digest version.” She replied coolly.

“Sun Tzu was a general of ancient, Imperial China. He teaches us, I’m paraphrasing of course, that ‘knowledge proceeds victory; confusion proceeds defeat.’” Lex moved to face her, eyes narrowing, “Let’s do it my way, shall we? I am the one signing your payroll checks, am I not?”

Lois stood in front of her full-length mirror, examining her reflection critically. She wore a burgundy dress that came up to her knees, showing off her shapely legs. The neckline was slightly modest with a slight swoop of fabric across her breast line. The spaghetti straps hung loosely on her shoulders. She accessorized with a pearl necklace.

She had been blind-sided when Clark had asked her out. She had been enjoying his company so much lately; finding excuses to touch him. She had even begun to dream about him. She still couldn’t believe she had been dreaming of being with him like that. Thank God no one had heard her. Lucy would have never let her live that down.

She knew she felt something for Clark. He was charming, good-looking, educated…and boy could he kiss. Just the thought of his lips against hers made her weak in the knees. ‘Don’t go there.’ She told herself.

“Wow, sis.” Lucy whistled, “You look hot…”

Lois smiled nervously at her sister. “I’m not even sure why I’m doing this. This is a mistake. Dating a colleague. I mean, I barely know Clark...” she began to ramble, nervously pacing around her bedroom.

“What’s to know?” Lucy asked. “He’s hot. You obviously like him. He obviously likes you. I don’t see the problem.”

“We work together,” Lois argued.

“So, you have more to talk about.” Lucy shrugged. “Just enjoy yourself. You NEED to get out more.”

“I guess,” Lois said nervously, tapping her foot against the wood grain floor.

A knock at the door announced Clark’s presence. Lucy grinned at Lois, “I believe that’s for you. Don’t worry. I won’t be here when you get back.”

“Lucy…” Lois warned.

“I’ll be in my room for now.” Lucy winked, “Have a good time.”

Lois sighed and moved to answer the door. “Hi.” She smiled. “Come on in.”

“These are for you.” Clark handed her another bouquet of white roses. She took them gratefully. He stepped inside, taking a moment to gaze upon her. “Wow, Lois…You look…absolutely stunning.”

Lois examined her dress, blushing at Clark’s compliment, “Really?”

“Absolutely.” He said.

She smiled; watching him stare at her. It was obvious she had some effect on him. She moved to put the flowers in a vase then gathered her purse. “Ready?”

He nodded numbly and followed her out the door.

Lois watched Clark from across the table appreciatively. He looked so good in that suit. The memory of what lay beneath that suit still haunted her at night.

<<”I said, nine, I thought you’d be naked…um, ready.”>>

He had the most gorgeous body she had ever seen. She had never seen a man so perfectly sculpted. Most men she had come in contact with that had an attractive body and build usually tried to show it off, but not Clark. He hid his body well under his suit’s and flashy ties.

“It’s been an interesting week,” Lois commented. “It’s not usually this crazy. I hope you’re not getting scared off.”

“Not at all.” He smiled warmly. “Metropolis is definitely unique.”

“There’s not a place like it.” Lois smiled back at him. She looked out the window, taking in the setting sun. “The view here is beautiful.”

“Breathtaking,” Clark said. Lois looked back at him and noticed he wasn’t looking at the setting sun.

Lois caught his gaze and immediately felt the heat between them. How was it that she was able to come undone from just a look? She felt her knees weaken under his stare. “What made you come to Metropolis anyway?” Lois asked, trying to change the subject.

“Well, I knew I wanted to be a reporter. The Daily Planet is the best.” Clark shrugged. “I always strive for the best.”

“Ah, another common ground for us.” Lois teased.

“I guess. My parents were a bit disappointed when I chose not to follow in tradition and take care of the Kent farm, but they understood.”

“You close with them?” Lois asked, curiously.

“Yeah.”

“That must be nice,” Lois said sadly, remembering the falling out she had had with her own parents.

“What about you? Are you close with your parents?”

Lois scrounged up her nose. “Not really. I had a falling out with my dad when I was seventeen; haven’t really spoken with him since.”

“And your mom?”

Lois sighed, trying to find the right words to describe her mother, “My mother is….well, you’d have to meet her in order to get a good grasp of who she is. She’s a piece of work.”

“I’ll take your word for it.” Clark acknowledged.

“Lucy and I are pretty close. She’s the only family I need…or want.” Lois explained. “The Lanes aren’t known for their family skills.” She smiled regretfully at him. “Lucy and I grew up listening to A LOT of fights.”

“That must have been hard,” Clark said soothingly.

“I guess.” Lois shrugged it off. It had been years since she had actually thought about her parents. She didn’t try to make an effort to see them. Her mother usually stopped by for holidays, but her father was usually too busy with work or his latest fling to bother.

“You know if you really think about it the only time people ever really seem to express themselves is when they’re passionate and the polite veneer of society drops off. You know like they’re fighting…”

Lois nodded, “...or make love.” She blushed, lowering her head; mortified at what had just come out of her mouth. “Oh, my gosh. I can’t believe I just said that.”

They were interrupted by the waiter bringing them desert. “Are you sure you don’t want any?” he asked.

Lois eyed the chocolate desert appreciatively. She loved chocolate, but chocolate had an effect on her that no one else knew. The taste of chocolate on her taste buds had the power to arouse her. That was the last thing she needed right now.

“I’m fine.” She shook her head, “No, I better not.”

“Are you sure?” Clark said, taking a bite. “It’s really good.” He held out a spoon filled with the enticing chocolate cake.

She eyed it appreciatively. She wasn’t sure which was more seductive: the chocolate or the man offering it to her. She hesitated for a moment then gave in. “Okay.” She took a bite, slowly savoring the bite. “Mmmm.” She closed her eyes, reveling in the taste of chocolate on her taste buds. “Mmmm.” She opened her eyes and realized Clark was staring at her awestruck with his mouth partially open. “I hate myself.” She laughed.

“You ready for another round?” he teased.

Lois arched her eyebrows at him. Was that a challenge? Did he realize what this was doing to her…what HE was doing to her?

The way her mouth moved, savoring the chocolate cake. His mouth went dry, watching her. His super senses picked up a scent that was familiar to him. The scent he had inhaled when he had gone to check on her the previous night. When she had been dreaming of him…

He closed his eyes, willing the thoughts and images that had just entered his mind to go away. Just the idea of her being turned on sent chills down his spine.

He finished half the cake before asking her if she wanted another bite again. She caught his gaze. He was surprised when he looked in her eyes and saw desire reflected back. He held out another bite which she took gratefully, savoring the bite even longer than she had the first.

Did she know what SHE was doing to him? “I love chocolate.” She murmured.

He smiled, “I can tell.”

He looked around the restaurant and noticed the staff seemed to be getting ready to close the restaurant. “I think they’re about ready to close.” He said.

She nodded, “Yeah.”

They gathered their things. Clark paid the bill on the table and followed Lois outside.

They caught a taxi back to Lois’ apartment, continuing their friendly banter with one another. The sound of his laugh caused her heart to race. She loved the sound of it. She didn’t want the night to end. It didn’t have to.

“Do you want to come in?” she asked, boldly, unlocking her door. “I could make some coffee.”

“Sure.” He said, following her into the apartment.

“Don’t worry. No chance of running into Lucy tonight.” She reassured him. “She went out for drinks with Allison and Jimmy.”

“Ah, she and Jimmy seem pretty close.” He commented, following her into the kitchen.

“Yeah, I half expected them to start seeing one another but they’ve been friends for awhile. I guess they just didn’t want to ruin a good thing.” She explained, pressing the brew button on the coffee maker. “Should be done in a few.” She said nervously toying with a strand of hair.

“Sounds good.” Clark smiled at her. “So, are you two talking yet?”

“Yeah.” She smiled weakly. “She and I patched things up this afternoon. She’s still seeing Lex, unfortunately, but until I have proof that he’s dirty she’s just going to ignore me.”

“I’m sorry. This can’t be easy for you…watching your kid sister involved with someone like Luthor.”

Lois blushed, “Well, I don’t really know what kind of person he is. I mean, all I have to go on is an assumption and the fact that I really don’t like him seeing Lucy.”

“Over protective big sister?” he asked with a twinkle in his eyes.

“Something like that.” She said breathlessly. He was standing right behind her. She could feel the heat from his body. She inhaled deeply, turning to check on the coffee. It was just finishing. “Uh, coffee.” She gestured to the pot. She pulled out two cups from the cabinet and began to pour. “I don’t have regular creamer. You’ll have to manage with half-and-half. I hope that’s okay.”

“Sure.” He said, watching her prepare the cups expertly. “How did you know how I like my coffee?”

“I’m very observant.” She said, smiling back at him. They caught each other’s gaze a moment before moving into the living room. “Dinner was nice. How did you get reservations so last minute?”

“Oh, you know the usual way. I begged the manager.” He winked at her.

“You didn’t.” she laughed.

“No, I told him I had a feeling he could do with some good press since their restaurant was new in town.”

“You learn fast,” Lois said, impressed; rewarding him with a smile. She watched him sip his coffee, placing it on the coffee table. He looked so good. The memory of his lips on hers played through her mind as she watched him. He had acted impulsively with her once before…Would he do it again?

<<”How predictable was that?”>>

“Well, I had good teachers.” He smiled back at her. They were sitting next to one another; a few millimeters away from one another. She could feel the heat from his body against her own. She wanted to touch him. Should she make the first move? Give him a sign that she wanted him to kiss her?

“Flattery will get you nowhere.” She said, patting his knee lightly.

“Oh, really?” he teased back. His tone was full of humor but his eyes were filled with something else. Desire? Her breath caught in her throat as she tried to continue the teasing banter between them.

“Yes. Flattery makes you think someone’s trying to hide something. Are you trying to hide something?” she asked. His eyes got a faraway look that seemed familiar to her, but then he turned his attention back to her. For a split second, she thought maybe she had imagined it.

“Well, you don’t know everything about me.” He admitted. “I still don’t know everything about you.” He patted her knee lightly.

Lois closed her eyes a moment, savoring the warmth from his touch. If only he would move his hand up a little higher…What was she thinking? Was she seriously considering sleeping with Clark on a first date?

Her heart was pounding against her chest as she watched him hesitantly. He seemed to be contemplating something as he gently squeezed her kneecap. Both coffee cups lay on the table forgotten…probably cold by now. He looked at her hesitantly, keeping her gaze. He seemed nervous.

She really wanted him to kiss her. Just one kiss. It wouldn’t hurt anything. They’d kissed quite a few times and it hadn’t hurt anything, had it? The world hadn’t ended. This was different, though. This was an actual date. She was on an actual date with Clark, her partner.

Could she do this? Could she have a relationship with him? Kiss him? And still, have a healthy professional relationship with him? She had to. She traced the outline of his hand with her own, anticipating his next move. She tilted her head towards his as he leaned in to kiss her.

This was it.

He felt her hand relax against his the moment their lips touched one another. He had only planned to kiss her good night, but she had pulled him in for a deeper kiss. He groaned in approval as she slipped her tongue inside his mouth. He could taste the chocolate from earlier on her tongue.

She ran her hands up and down his chest methodically, encouraging the embrace. He deepened the kiss, cupping her face with one hand. She linked her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. She tugged at his lower lip as he explored the inner confines of her mouth.

He allowed his other hand to explore the curves of her body. He was hesitant at first, but encouraged by her moans he grew more assertive. She felt so good in his arms.

She had turned to face him fully with one leg across his lap; the warmth of her skin against his continued to tease him as they continued their embrace. He ran his hand up and down her creamy thigh; kneading it gently. He was surprised to find her bare flesh beneath his touch. It intrigued him even more.

She had her arms linked around his neck as their kisses deepened. Every time he thought they would slow things down she grew more insistent, devouring him with her lips. It was evident now that the chemistry he had felt every time they had touched in the past week had not been one sided. He continued to knead the flesh of her leg as they deepened the embrace. She pressed her body against his, deepening the kiss. She moved her hands up and down his chest, gently caressing him through his dress shirt.

“Lois…” he moaned. She didn’t give him a chance to say anything else, devouring him once more. She was now hovering above him as she straddled him. She supported herself on her knees as she devoured him.

He could feel his body throbbing as it responded to her touch. He needed to slow things down before they got out of control. She felt so good in his arms, but this was too fast. They were treading on dangerous territory here.

“Please…” she pleaded with him; moving his hand higher; towards her inner thigh.

He groaned when he felt the soft skin beneath his fingertips, “Oh, God…” he moaned, trying to string together a coherent thought in-between kisses. “Lois…are…you…sure…we aren’t….moving…too …” he was cut short when she glided his hand up higher. “Oh, God…” he moaned, capturing her mouth once more.

She moaned into his mouth as she deepened the kiss. She wanted this; that much was obvious. “Oh, God, yes…” she moaned, arching her back against him.

Did she know what that sultry moan was doing to him? He decided he didn’t care.

“Oh, God, yes…” she moaned in pleasure. Her entire body ached for his touch. She wanted him. He captured her mouth once more, silencing her with his mouth. She whimpered against him, rubbing her hands up and down his chest, aching to feel his skin against hers.

They were wearing far too many clothes. She tugged at his tie, loosening it as their embrace continued. The things he was doing to her…. She fought the urge to throw caution to the wind and scream in ecstasy. She needed to feel his skin against hers. She pushed his jacket off then began to work on the buttons to his dress shirt. “Oh, God…” he moaned as she raked her fingernails up and down his chest.

She loved the sound of his voice aroused. “Yes...” she moaned as she brushed his dress shirt off his shoulders.

She felt his other hand slip to her thigh, kneading the flesh gently before moving daringly up the hem of her dress. He looked at her for approval. She nodded mutely, pushing his hand up her thigh invitingly. He moved his hand up her body, tracing every curve. He scrunched her dress up as he pushed it up her legs.

She ran a sultry finger down his chest, tracing random patterns in her wake until she rested her hand at his waistband. She captured his mouth eagerly, savoring his taste as she slipped a daring hand beneath his waistband. She smiled against his mouth once she’d found her target. “Been holdin’ out on me, farmboy.” She murmured against his mouth.

He smiled back at her, “I told you…don’t…know….everything…” he murmured in between open-mouthed kisses. “Are…you…sure…about…this?”

She didn’t give him a chance to question her further; recapturing his mouth eagerly, she pressed her body against his. He stopped for a moment, looking at her for confirmation. She looked at him through her ecstasy filled haze and smiled sloppily at him. “You’re not stopping there, are you?”

He caught her gaze for a moment then before she knew what was happening he scooped her up and carried her into the bedroom. She gasped in pleasure when she felt his mouth come in contact with her inner thigh. His tongue traced random patterns as he lifted her dress over her head. She lifted her arms above her head, helping him shed her of the garment. He took a moment to drink in the sight of her before moving up her body to capture her mouth once more.

He had never thought he’d seen Lois look so beautiful than when he’d picked her up tonight for dinner. The sight of her in burgundy sent chills down his spine. He had been wrong. She lay beneath him in the sexiest ensemble he had ever seen. It was a sheer corset in burgundy. The material barely concealed anything but it accented her body in all the right ways.

He moved down her body, leaving a trail of open-mouthed kisses along his path. She moaned in pleasure when he nudged at her ear. He’d have to remember that spot. He slipped a finger beneath the strap on her shoulder, tugging it down. He trailed a path of open-mouthed kisses along her collar bone as he pushed the sheer material down her body; detaching the clasp in the back as he did so. Her moans of pleasure weren’t lost on him. His trousers still hung loosely around his waist and his briefs were growing more and more uncomfortable.

In one fluid motion, he tugged his trousers and briefs off then flung them across the room. “I thought you’d never do that.” She rasped out, “Please…” she pleaded with him.

That was all the encouragement he needed. He lowered himself to her, reveling in the feeling of being one with her. She moaned against him, “Does that hurt?” he asked cautiously.

“No…” she moaned again. “…just been…a…long…time.” She managed. He smiled with relief and captured her mouth again. He loved kissing her. He couldn’t get enough of her.

He collapsed on top of her. His legs felt numb. Any thought of moving was a foreign idea as of now. She still clung to him in the aftermath of their lovemaking, panting heavily. Her heart rate was racing, her face was flushed…He had just brought her to the point of ecstasy, crying out his name. Him alone. Not Superman. Him, Clark Kent. It gave him a sense of awe to think that he could give her such pleasure without any of his ‘gifts’.

He rolled them over so they were on their sides, facing one another. She still had a glazed look on her face. He couldn’t help but smile. “You okay?” he asked.

“Huh?” she asked, slightly dazed. “Never better.” She said.

He pulled her to him. She had her back to him as he held her. He leaned down to kiss her once more. To his amazement, he felt his body come to life once more. “Oh, God…” she moaned in pleasure, feeling him press against her backside. She looked down at him and smiled, “No sense in wasting it.” She murmured.

He seemed to know exactly where to touch her to make her toes curl. They collapsed against the bed sheets, breathless and clinging to one another. Clark moved to face her, cupping her cheek gently as he turned to speak to her. “I love you.” He whispered. She felt her heart begin to hammer against her chest once more. Before she could respond he captured her mouth once more. She stiffened in his embrace and he pulled away, looking at her curiously.

The feeling of being one with Lois had been exhilarating. He never wanted to part with her. In that instance, he knew she was the one for him. He loved her. Every curve, moan, smile, frown, and scent that was wrapped into Lois Lane. He loved every essence of her. They had just made love twice. He knew after her history with Claude she might begin to question his motives with her. He needed to voice his intentions with her….what he felt for her.

Once he felt the remnants of their lovemaking subside he rolled her over to face him; cupping her cheek in his hand. “I love you.” He whispered, leaning in to kiss her once more.

The minute the words were out of his mouth he regretted them. Her entire body had stiffened in his arms. He broke off the kiss, looking at her curiously. Her heart rate was going a mile a minute; she moved at a record breaking speed towards the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

Clark wasn’t sure what had just happened but it was obvious he had set her off. Telling her “I love you” was the wrong call. He got up from the bed and grabbed his trousers, putting them on before he moved to the bathroom. Lois was still barricaded inside, showing no intentions of leaving. “Lois?” he knocked on the door.

“Please…just…go…” Lois’ muffled cries could be heard from the other side of the door. His heart wrenched when he heard her muffled cry, “Why did you have to ruin it?”

Ruin it? How was telling her he loved her ruining it? He sighed to himself, unsure of how to approach the situation. There was still so much he didn’t know about Lois Lane. “Lois, I’m not going to go until we talk about this…”

“Clark, please…just go…” she pleaded in-between cries.

“Lois…what’s wrong? What happened?” Clark asked.

“Please, just go…” she cried.

Clark opened his mouth to argue once more but was interrupted by a cry for help. “Help, Superman!!” He silently cursed his luck.

“All right, I’ll go, but we ARE going to talk about this. You can’t stay in your bathroom forever.” He said. He quickly gathered his belongings and headed out the door, changing into Superman on his way. Hopefully, he would be able to talk to Lois about this tomorrow.

TBC...

Comments Go Here

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube