Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lois and Clark are now working as a real team which is the way it should be, but now a true mystery falls into Lois' lap via her Aunt Rita. Want to know more? Read Part Ten!

So happy to see all these comments! dance But please if you have been lurking and really like the story dropping a line would be great!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark Kent! You put that phone book away this instant! thud There will be no calling of jewelry stores, no proposals (to any blondes, anyway wink ), and definitely no one other than Lois ever moving into your apt! dizzy

What a rock and a hard place Catherine is in. Even she can see that Lois and Clark belong with each other. Hoping she says what needs to be said (that is, if Lana doesn't at some point step up and be honest with Clark).

I totally applaud you, Morgana, for making Lana so easy to despise smile. Clark deserves so much more.

Very interesting plot thickening!

Excited for more smile
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 09/10/16 10:06 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Don't worry. Clark is not getting engaged to Lana!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by LMA
Clark Kent! You put that phone book away this instant!

Bwaahaaahaaa! I couldn't agree more! Tisk, tisk, tisk, Lana! Now I ain't sayin' she a golddigger, but she ain't messin' with no broke broke

I like this version of Cat. She's less of the caricature she was on the show and seems more of a thoughtful and reflective person. I hope we see more of her as the story progresses.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Features Writer
Features Writer
I agree with Laura and Groobie. Great job of showing
Lana as a piece of work. clap

And I also love your portrayal of this Catherine. She wants to protect Clark and yet hesitates in case Lana ends up being honorable. Love how she's looking over the gossip columnist's copy. Too bad Catherine wasn't walking past Clark's desk when he opened the phone book.

On to the next part!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Top Banana
Top Banana
Just wondering, have you been to Zurich or have you just researched it? I love the details you put into Lana's wondering through the city.

Having worked on this chapter I was not surprised at Lana succumbing to Daae's charms and lifestyle. Actually anyone reading the earlier chapters probably should not be terribly surprised as Lana is nothing if not a social climber.

I am glad you allowed Catherine and Arthur to become a couple and kept it real instead of the caricature that most stories provide of their relationship.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Catherine took another sip of her coffee and asked, dreading the response, “Wh …what was the woman’s name?”

“La … Lara Ah! Lana Lang! Just a moment, there might be a picture in my bag.”

While Arthur went into his office, Catherine strived not to squirm in her chair. This bit of information that had fallen into her lap was bad, very bad indeed.

“Yes, Anna took this group picture; Daae had copies made for all the guests as a gift commemorating the evening.”

Catherine studied the photo, her green eyes gleamed catlike when she spotted a very chic Lana among the elegantly turned out guests. Gone was the Midwestern small town girl. Now she had transformed into a sophisticated woman. But the American city dweller had departed as well; she wore a blue gown and her blonde hair was pinned into a very pleasing-to-the-eye, sleek chignon – very European. Clark’s so-called girlfriend smiled prettily at Daae, but that was not what caught her attention; the two were holding hands like lovers.

<Oh no! Should I tell Clark?> She thought in a panic.

Ohhhhhh! Buuuuuuussssted!

The question is should Cat tell Clark? How good of friends are they? Maybe just accidentally leave the picture where he can find it? No, that'd be cruel..... UGH! Messy messy messy.

“Do you know the young lady?”

“Yes,” Catherine responded, her tone corrosive. “But she is no lady.”

STAMP!

<Clark Kent is a standup guy; he doesn’t deserve someone stabbing him in the back like this. He deserves someone better, someone like …>

Abruptly, a familiar voice broke through her dismal thoughts.

“Kansas! Stop putting your grubby fingerprints on my monitor!”

haha! Nice!

<That man should be with Lois, not that blonde Benedict Arnold! She was obliviously playing Daae along, although by the man’s reputation, Catherine was positive no one played Gregory Daae.>

Those two seem to be playing each other at the moment smirk

Catherine’s thoughts were so distracted she accidently typed the word ‘tramp’ instead of ‘stamp’.
Bahaha Hey! That's my word!

[quote=Morgana]
Lois’ eyes widened in surprise that was Aunt Rita’s maiden name. What was it doing on Eduardo’s list of contacts? The conversation they had had when she first presented the Daae investigation to Constance came to mind. Maybe now was the time to have a long overdue talk with her Aunt. She looked over at Clark’s desk and from the stormy expression on his face either one of his contacts was giving him a hard time or Lana was making demands. She shook her head and wondered how anyone could exert such a strong influence thousands of miles away?

Deciding it would be best not to disturb him, she took off for Café Americana hoping to receive a few answers.

Wait a minute! Her Aunt is is working for the FBI??

“It’s a simple thing to ask Lana. I miss you. Why can’t I ‘come over’ for a few hours just to catch up with each other?”

Over thousands of miles of ocean and land, Clark could clearly hear the annoyance – and possibly a little strain in Lana’s voice. “My work is pretty intense; it’s reached the crucial stages….”

“That sounds like a line from a bad spy novel. Come on, what’s really wrong? Every since your Dad gave you this assignment you’ve been ducking me.”

“Really?” Lana fired back. “Weren’t you the one who insisted we pursue our careers before we got engaged? Now you’re acting like a caveman demanding I drop everything and spend time with you! My job is important and notwithstanding your ‘advantages’ that job requires one hundred percent concentration. Remember how many times a ‘big story’ came before a date?” She took a breath and Clark could hear her heart pounding excitedly over the phone. “We won’t even go into the ‘other side’ of yourself. I may be in Europe, but the Swiss edition of the Daily Planet tells about how ‘safe’ it is to live in Metropolis. I wonder what or who the Haze might be?”

Yeah deflecting the issues on to the significant other...That's classic cheater MO. YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!

Perhaps it was time to be mature and take steps in a different direction. They had been seeing each other for a long time. After all, his new apartment did have plenty of space for her things in the loft.

He pulled out a phone book to look up the number for Mazik’s Jeweler’s

Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote=Morgana]

“Is this … you?” She asked without preamble.

Rita studied the name, date and location. Her countenance flushed slightly than speaking softly, she said, “My, my, the chickens have come home to roost.”

Ohhhhh! Okay onto the next chapter. laugh

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard