Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#271603 09/06/16 02:17 PM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lois and Clark are getting closer. Lex is actually telling the truth in order to draw attention from his business partner and what about The Haze?

Who is trying to kill Lois?

Comments are welcomed!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lana is not going to be happy that her boyfriend is attracted to someone else.

As to who is trying to kill Lois -- could it be Lex? He had her park in a very specific place.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

Thanks for dropping a line about this part, it is very much appreciated!

Lana is not going to be happy that her boyfriend is attracted to someone else.

As to who is trying to kill Lois -- could it be Lex? He had her park in a very specific place.

Lois and Clark have a lot more in common than he and Lana. So he is attracted to Lois in ways that go beyond the physical, they are drawn to each other's abilities and inner strengths. Now that they have put aside their differences and come together as work partners the relationship will grow into something much stronger. Lana is so busy in Europe chasing antiquities (and Daae) that Clark is not even on her mind.

Who indeed is trying to kill Lois? Lex, Daae or someone from one of her former investigations? dizzy Like she said, death threats are part and parcel with being an investigative reporter.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Plot thickening nicely - looking forward to more revelations and (hopefully) the start of Superman.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was absolutely wonderful, Morgana notworthy clap notworthy !

It was so great watching Lois and Clark start to become closer. A genuine friendship is definitely there--so much more than just work partners. And there is such an undercurrent of attraction. You can tell Lois is head over heals for Clark--and Clark...he, IMO, is having a bit of a revelation that a 'relationship' can be so much MORE than what he has with Lana. Respect, common interests, attraction, longing--it's all there between Lois and Clark.

You did a wonderful job of bringing them closer in a really realistic way. I'm curious how Superman will fit into their friendship--Clark is definitely seeing Lois is intregued by 'The Haze'. Lana (obviously) when she finds out Clark is using his powers, will be livid. Maybe that'll be their breaking point?

Really excited for more!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Marcus.

Thank you for the comment!

There are more revelations to come, but like a tasty meal, each most be served at just the right temperature and timing. Superman will arrive at the real time in this alt-universe, but there is a little more story building going on. thumbsup

Morgana

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
Finally got caught up. I really like this version of Lois. She has parts of early canon and parts of later canon. I was a bit surprised that Lois did not get Clark to come with her for the Lex interview like he got her to go with him for the Adriana interview, this is more like the early Lois.

Your Lois reacts to nearly crashing her Jeep in a much more normal fashion than canon Lois did. Don't get me wrong she gets mad later but canon Lois would have jumped out of the Jeep screaming that someone had messed up her Jeep.

I continually say it but I love the 'completeness' your writing demonstrates. Often after reading one of your stories, I read another author's work and it somehow feels like whiplash they way many authors jump from situation to situation, you work seems to me to do a better job of smoothly transitioning from situation to situation. Also most writers say 'they had lasagna for dinner' then move onto the reason the author had them eating dinner in the first place. You fully describe the meal, the surroundings, and the emotions of the participants which to me puts the reader more 'in the scene'.

Congrats on getting this story completed and beginning posting it.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

Finally got caught up. I really like this version of Lois. She has parts of early canon and parts of later canon. I was a bit surprised that Lois did not get Clark to come with her for the Lex interview like he got her to go with him for the Adriana interview, this is more like the early Lois.

Ouch! That's a good point. But let's remember Lex asked for Lois, he did not want anyone else helping her to write the interview. Besides, Clark and the other reporters were already gone on their hapless pursuit of The Haze. After all, this was a story she had wanted to write for ages, no way was it going to slip through her fingers!

Also most writers say 'they had lasagna for dinner' then move onto the reason the author had them eating dinner in the first place. You fully describe the meal, the surroundings, and the emotions of the participants which to me puts the reader more 'in the scene'.

For myself there is nothing more boring than reading a story that has very little description, that only makes it barren or sterile. Lois wanted to show Clark her appreciation for helping out after the Jeep had nearly crashed. What better way to do so than with a delicious meal? Describing the scene which also encourages their budding friendship makes matters that much better!

Thank you so much for all your encouragement!

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

Oh boy I should have replied a lot sooner! Please forgive me! grovel

It was so great watching Lois and Clark start to become closer. A genuine friendship is definitely there--so much more than just work partners. And there is such an undercurrent of attraction. You can tell Lois is head over heals for Clark--and Clark...he, IMO, is having a bit of a revelation that a 'relationship' can be so much MORE than what he has with Lana. Respect, common interests, attraction, longing--it's all there between Lois and Clark.

Precisely! The above lists all the ingredients for a successful relationship. Attraction is what you see. Infatuation is what you feel. But lasting love is what you know. These two are building on the first, touching on the second and working hard on the third.

Morgana

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
Precisely! The above lists all the ingredients for a successful relationship. Attraction is what you see. Infatuation is what you feel. But lasting love is what you know. These two are building on the first, touching on the second and working hard on the third.

I love this description. The insight is perfect.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“So? Since when is something like distance a problem for you? Fly over there for a quick visit; surprise Lana and take her on a daytrip to Paris. A romantic stroll on the left bank together might do wonders.”

Clark nodded, seriously considering the suggestion, but then said. “Yeah, but she’s working exceedingly hard to unearth this antique camp chair. We both know how she gets when she focuses on a project. It means a lot to her father and her career. She – she asked that I not come over to visit.”

She asked Clark NOT to come visit? That little hussy.... shock

Pete stiffened, for the past year Lana had indeed focused nearly all her considerable energies on two things: Clark and her career. Now suddenly she wanted to concentrate on work exclusively? Something did not sound right.

Pete's a good friend. Hopefully he can get Clark to see the light...

There was a brief silence, then Pete asked carefully, “But you still want to help - despite the risks of being discovered?”

Clark face was set in an look of determination, “Yes. I have these abilities and they can save lives.”

Because that's just the type of guy he is... Awww!

These ‘near-miss’ situations and rescues had been occurring for some time, but now they were on a definite upswing. The city of Metropolis seemed to be the epicenter of safety.

The only information any reporter could get out of the bewildered victims and eye witnesses was they all felt some kind of powerful wind and then saw a haze of motion. Afterwards there was only a happy situation rather than a dreadful tragedy.

Clever Clark keeping moving...no witnesses.

“There is no such thing as an invisible man or super man for that matter.” Clark said, in what he hoped was an off-the-cuff comment. These mysteries really had her going, so much so that of late she had refrained from wearing business suits with short skirts, but wore comfortable pants outfits that allowed her to move freely during the many near disasters she had covered over the past week.

“Oh is that so?” She asked, placing the palms of both hands on his desk and glaring at him. “Then please tell me how Archimedes the cat, got down from one of the tallest trees in Centennial Park? A cat, I might add that is documented by its veterinarian to have a fear of heights!”

“That’s some wimpy cat.” Ralph said with a snicker as he passed by their desks.

“Nobody asked you Lombard.” Lois snapped at his retreating back.

<snicker> haha

“Lois! It’s Lex Luthor!”

Caught between surprise and incredulity Lois ran back down the ramp and then whispered, “What does he want?”

ROFL! I love this response.

[quote=Morgana]
Lois took one shaky step crossing the space between them and then grabbed him, allowing his strong arms to encircle her and for a brief space of time, let him take the weight of her fragile existence. It felt so good to feel the sturdy fabric of his jacket and beneath the jacket and shirt she swore she could feel his powerful muscles flexing. It was real and she was alive. They stood like that for more than a few heartbeats, he giving comfort and she being comforted.

Clark drank in the scent of her long, dark hair. The bouquet of fresh jasmine and lemon was so tantalizing he wanted to run his fingers through it. He loved the exotic combination and wondered why Lana never wore perfume like that.

He froze. Lana.

Oh, boy.... Um, let's see Lana is another country flirting with another man while Clark is over here trying to make sense out of his growing feelings for his partner and basically being shunned by Lana. What a wicked web indeed....

Hmmm, so who messed with the brake lines in Lois' car?

Gently, almost reverently, he pulled Lois away from him and masked his true feelings with those of a good friend’s concern, but also a reporter’s need to know, asked her a few questions. “What happened? Are you all right?”

Reluctantly she lifted her head off the comfort and protection of his strong, broad chest, her features were more under control, but those fine brown eyes, were still rimmed with fear. Words stammered out, “I don’t … I know, the … brakes … they … they failed. Someone … tried to…” She couldn’t finish the words; she looked down at the ground.

“What? Here, lean against back the Jeep, I’m going to check underneath.” Without another word, he took off his jacket and crawled under the vehicle. Lois leaned against the Jeep, allowing the automobile - rather than permit somewhat wobbly legs - to support her. A moment later he emerged from under the Jeep’s body slapping his hands together to remove excess dirt and grease from his clothes.

“Thankfully Lois, I don’t think this was sabotage; just a serious case of negligence. It looks like when they checked your brake lines for air they failed to tighten the fitting adequately. The brake fluid leaked out a little bit each time you applied the brakes. If it had been sabotage one of the lines would have been cut.”

She shook her head in disbelief, “Th … that makes some sense, the vehicle was checked out a few days ago.” Shock and fear were quickly replaced by a stark realization, “I’m a rescue survivor!”

“A … rescue survivor?” Now he was nervous and clearly did not like where this was going.

“That’s right! ‘The Haze’ was here!”

Haze??? Well, that's a new one....

“Oh Lois, not you too! Look, I spent the better part of the morning searching for something or someone that doesn’t exist. There was probably enough brake fluid remaining to stop the Jeep. It’s the only logical explanation. Come on, I’ll walk you home.”

Bahaha! Denial Denial Denial.

<What was Clark doing in the parking garage if he doesn’t have a car?> She wanted to ask, but the thought of pursuing this argument with him was not important. She had been through enough for one day.

Very good point Ms. Lane.

Lois:What were you doing in the parking garage?

Clark:Hanging up my cape of course...

On the other hand, Jeff, Pete’s mechanic, stated the line had been deliberately loosened.

There was a disconnect somewhere. But one thing was absolutely certain; someone was out to get Lois Lane.

Ooohhhh! Smart! Don't cut it deliberately make it look like mechanical failure.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard