#27149 12/26/05 12:42 PM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Sorry about the delay! Hope everyone had a good holiday - whichever it was. smile

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Okay...it's about time you get my juices flowing again. The angst is back and I'm looking forward to finding out just where Lois and Clark run away to. cat

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yaayy! Way to go, Lois! I love it when she is being resourceful, when she takes on the burly big bad boys in a man-to-woman fight and defeats them without killing them, and when she saves Clark!

Now we'll just have to see if she can learn to trust Clark too, and risk her heart in the process, so that she and Clark can get together.

I generally find it very hard to take much of an interest in other people than Lois and Clark when I'm reading Lois and Clark fanfiction, but Pete and Elle are slowly - mind you, slowly - growing on me.

Ann

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Another very enjoyable part Sara. Once again, the Pete/Elle bit was very good.

She crossed her arms over her chest and waited. The little lines of concern across his forehead were almost endearing. Despite all her tensed up nerves, she had to bite back a smile.
I love the underlying threat that they like each other, but they just can’t quite acknowledge it fully.

"We have to, Pete," she told him softly. "I have to. For Joe. If I run away now, he'll have been killed for nothing. I just... I feel if I stay, do *something* to put a stop to all this, then I won't feel as if it were me who murdered him."
It seems Elle has quite a streak of nobility that is starting to show through.

She gulped. This was it. Do or die. And she was terrified it would be the latter.
To paraphrase a favorite author of mine: The suspense is terrible; I hope it will last.

He couldn't let himself think about anything else. Not the look on her face when he'd bared his soul before her, or the tears that had formed in her eyes at his words, or the way she'd launched herself at him, the feel of her lips against his, the surge of something indescribable inside him. He couldn't think about any of that because then he'd have to remember the way she'd pulled away slowly, searched his eyes for something she must not have found, and hastily moved away, stood up.
This was my favorite part in this post. I love the description of Clark’s soaring feeling at the onset of the kiss, and then the terrible sinking feeling when she moves away from him. The lines are so skillfully delivered; I am simply in awe. notworthy The amount of feeling you are able to convey in under 100 words is amazing. Aside from the way it was written, the post also again touches on one of the central themes of the story: the damage to Clark’s (and Lois’) souls. He still can’t quite believe that he has a chance to be happy.

So she’d said. But then, people didn’t always mean what they said.

If only he’d found that out before he’d bared his soul and left himself even more vulnerable.
This is another line that made me feel so bad for Clark. (Another testament to the power and quality of the writing.)

Lois seized his shoulders for balance and kneed him in the crotch. He pitched forward, yelping on his way to the floor. She took her elbow to the back of his neck as he fell, hoping to knock him unconscious, or at least stun him long enough for Clark and her to get out. She held her breath for a second, praying that he wouldn't move, then she pushed the steel door open wide.
In a flash, she was back beside him and leading him down the hall, though she spared a second to grin back at him. "Let's get the hell out of here."
One thing I found interesting was that Clark’s POV focused on his misery at Lois’ perceived rejection of him. She does mumble something about escape to him, but he can’t accept that as the reason.

But, in Lois’ POV she is fully focused on how they can escape. This is a great illustration of the fact that our perceptions of people’s motives and reasons for doing what they do are not always accurate.

Wow. A lot has happened in this post. Can’t wait to see what develops.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Okay...it's about time you get my juices flowing again. The angst is back and I'm looking forward to finding out just where Lois and Clark run away to.
You'll soon find out, Sheila. wink

I generally find it very hard to take much of an interest in other people than Lois and Clark when I'm reading Lois and Clark fanfiction, but Pete and Elle are slowly - mind you, slowly - growing on me.
Thanks, Ann!! That's a huge compliment. smile1

This was my favorite part in this post. I love the description of Clark’s soaring feeling at the onset of the kiss, and then the terrible sinking feeling when she moves away from him. The lines are so skillfully delivered; I am simply in awe. The amount of feeling you are able to convey in under 100 words is amazing.
Em? I've told you I love you, right? goofy I'm *so* glad you loved this passage because it was one I wrote, but I didn't have much else to put around it, and I had to fight to keep it in there. I'm glad it was worth it! smile

Aside from the way it was written, the post also again touches on one of the central themes of the story: the damage to Clark’s (and Lois’) souls. He still can’t quite believe that he has a chance to be happy.
I love that last line... really... do you mind if I use it? I'm not sure where - maybe in the archive summary or somewhere in the story. I'll credit, of course, if I use it. But wow... that's really the whole crux of Clark's journey...

But, in Lois’ POV she is fully focused on how they can escape. This is a great illustration of the fact that our perceptions of people’s motives and reasons for doing what they do are not always accurate.
Thanks for noticing that aspect! smile

Thank you Sheila, Ann, and Em for the terrific feedback!!! notworthy

And since I shamefully forgot to mention it earlier, I'd like to thank Wendy for her gracious help tweaking a few things on this part, as well as for the advice. wink Thanks! sloppy

Part 26 up soon!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard