Print Thread
#271435 08/25/16 09:09 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

Just a quick warning. This is a work in progress. I have a few chapters up my sleeve, but I may post irregularly until it's finished.

Edit: just figured out why I abandoned this. I got caught up writing A Week in Paris.

Last edited by NostalgiaKick; 08/25/16 09:20 AM.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Eeek! What did Clark do? What did Lois do? Double-eek! Okay, you've got me hooked. Will Clark be able to figure out what to do with his parents in two different states? (His dad was visiting him in Metropolis, right?) Has Lois completely forgotten that she's hiding a fugitive in her apartment? (My guess is "YES".) Will Clark ever return to Metropolis and/or the Daily Planet? Or will he only return when enough time has passed that he'll have realized that Lois hasn't brought this story to Perry?

Will his dad remind him that Lois has no story without proof? Right now, she only has his word that he is and her word that she saw him levitate. (Which might get a story in the National Whisper, but not in the Daily Planet. Perry's a big fan of evidence, of which she has none.)

And, yep, Jonathon is totally going to kill him. If Martha doesn't beat him to it.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a way to start the first chapter clap hyper clap!

I absolutely love how you dove right into the situation. When I read that the story was going to be about 'IOM', I initially figured it would be about Lois and Clark dealing with Eugene, etc. This classic scene though? What a great idea to jump off from here notworthy...

So much could happen, so many different directions to take. My mind is going into overdrive thinking of where exactly you are going to take us.

I'm very excited for more. Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Taking a breather from assignments...

VirginiaR- that's a lot of questions lol. You're right, at this point in IOM, Jonathon is in Metropolis. Good point about her lack of evidence, too smile As for the rest, hopefully, I can tie up all the loose ends.

Laura- IOM has a lot going on, that's for sure. It's always struck me that when Lois asks Clark his biggest secret, Superman *has* to be the first thing that comes to mind. I can just see him thinking it, then going 'no, I can't tell her that'. Really, he's got two massive secrets- Superman, and the fact he's in love with Lois. Compared to those, Martha's possible affair is a very distant third.

Now I'm rambling.
My point was, I think the episode (and the series) would've been very different if Clark hadn't stopped to consider what to tell Lois.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Of course Jonathan is going to kill him! Why on Earth would he admit to Lois who he really is? shock

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard