Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270666 06/19/16 11:27 PM
CLeuch Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
I honestly have no idea why this was never finished, though the last save date would've been close to the time I found out I was pregnant with my first child, so... my guess is that I suddenly figured I had other stuff to do. Like I said, hopefully I can keep a similar tone...though humor can be hard. And I can't remember where I was going with this, though I was most of the way there. It's an ending 9 years in the making, I guess, so stay tuned! If I can delay my ride off into the sunset for a couple weeks to finish this, I don't think it's too much to ask. cool

-Cindy

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow! How intense. This story really draws you in. I can see why you want to finish it after stopping all those years ago. I can't wait to see where you take this.

Interesting that Lois feels a closeness to Superman where she feels it's okay to hear his thoughts but Clark is too good a friend to pry into his. I know that is how Lois rationalizes things. Strangers' minds are okay to probe, and the man she's obsessed with, but not Perry, not Jimmy, and not Clark. So Lois.

The paragraph where she describes being pulling into Superman's mind when he rescues that woman from the fire. Then he flies down and spots Lois in the crowd. She sees him watching her. I was right there with her and Superman. clap Amazing description. It took me a second to realize that she heard Clark hearing the police radio on the fire, not that it was in the newsroom. Brilliant.

At first, I wondered if she'd return home and ask the genie to remove this hearing thoughts ability, but then I realized she had the power to turn it on and off. No, with the ability to control it, she's not going to ask the genie to take the ability away. Then, I wondered if she would listen to Clark's thoughts and realize that they sounded an awful lot like another man she knew, but then she never did listen to Clark's thoughts.

Well written. I wonder how Lois will discover that these two men are one and the same. What other wishes will she ask the genie for? Will she accidentally ask something of Clark or Superman and realize it affected the other one?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
Cindy,

I am loving it so far. The detail is extremely good from the explosion blowing Lois into the ocean, to her 'collection' of the bottle, to Superman's rescue of her, to her experiments and I especially love the detail you put into Lois' experiencing Clark's side of the rescue. With Clark's depressed state when he returned I can only assume that one or more of the victims did not make it. That always seems to depress him even though he saves numerous victims that would have died if he had not shown up. He evidently has no idea that Lois is inside his head. I can't wait to see what Lois puts together and when she puts it together.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 06/20/16 01:56 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmmm, I'm betting by the end of this story Lois will have regretted asking for this particular wish and asked for invisibility instead!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've been wanting to catch up with this story...

What a great concept, and what a truely great first part smile. I am really enjoying Lois trying to figure her new power out. And I definitely got a kick out of all the random info Clark was thinking about as Superman on his flight with Lois smile.

The scene at the fire was handled perfectly. I love how Lois brings Clark such strength.

Wonderful job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard