OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

peep

Psst. Don't hate Clark, please.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
At least, Lucy had dumped that scum bucket of a boyfriend John… what was his name? Right, Corbin.

Wondering if this is a fast plot untwist (2 sentences) or just foreshadowing. Will be interesting to see which it is.

Poor Tad! Suicide attempts can be messy. And poor Wandamae.

2 plot untwists in 1 chapter. Is that a record?

Clark really is getting himself twisted in his stories and guilt. I guess all Clarks have the tendency to take responsibility for things they can't control. I actually feel sympathy for Clark. If I recall correctly, he didn't know about this dimension's Clark's death as an infant until after Herb brought him here. And now he's assuming responsibility for something he not only didn't do but also didn't even know about. He's stuck in this dimension and trying very hard not to lose Lois. He really needs someone he can confide in.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
cuidadora: Thanks for reading and commenting! smile

Wondering if this is a fast plot untwist (2 sentences) or just foreshadowing. Will be interesting to see which it is.
The Magic 8 Ball says that the future is cloudy. Check back later. wink

Poor Tad! Suicide attempts can be messy. And poor Wandamae.
Yes, I've given Tad the worst time of all. One never knows where the fate dial will land with him.

2 plot untwists in 1 chapter. Is that a record?
[Linked Image] Possibly.

Clark really is getting himself twisted in his stories and guilt. I guess all Clarks have the tendency to take responsibility for things they can't control. I actually feel sympathy for Clark. If I recall correctly, he didn't know about this dimension's Clark's death as an infant until after Herb brought him here. And now he's assuming responsibility for something he not only didn't do but also didn't even know about. He's stuck in this dimension and trying very hard not to lose Lois. He really needs someone he can confide in.
Clark tends to internalize all suffering, even those which not directly responsible for. I figure since it's very difficult to hurt him physically, that emotional torment is Clark's Achilles heel. His empathy is what makes his such a wonderful man, gives him such a big heart, but that heart is too easily hurt. If he was perfect and immune to such things, he would be a more boring character. (I believe that's why in the comics when they tried to make Superman immune to Kryptonite it backfired on them. It was only giving him a more human soul that Superman came alive again.)

Looking forward to the next chapter.
hyper Always good to read.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! Catching up hyper
Lucy’s choices in men made Lois’s federal disasters actually look like winning Lotto tickets in comparison.
Then again, Lois’s last fiancé has a rapsheet that’s going to be way longer than Lucy’s ex boyfriend’s.

What was it with Lane women and bad men?
They’re more dangerous and the adrenalin gives things an extra kick in bed?

What if that crazy blonde sold Kryptonite to someone else? Would Clark ever return?
Maybe they need to put up some of those ‘don’t shoot the aliens’ signs?

Investigators say it appears that the man went to the cemetery after hours and had been caught in Sunday’s thunderstorm. The gun he was carrying exploded in his hand, possibly from a lightning strike. Investigators state that the man was lucky that he had worn his rubber-soled shoes;
First Metallo, no Wally? I’m guessing, since Lex isn’t really all that dead, and wasn’t shivved in the prison yard either, there’s no need for super power transference, huh? And Clark’s not going to take Lois in a thunderstorm, either, so we can nix Ultra Woman showing up any time soon, too.

Lois smacked his bottom with her hand. “That’s what I’m going to do every time you apologize.”
laugh

“That’s a bad idea.”
Sexual harassment?

“Because you’ll end up getting used to it and then some day Superman will be somewhere apologizing…”
evil

There was something about that bright skintight suit stretched tightly over Clark’s body that she couldn’t resist. She was only human
So when other women start to snuggle up to Superman, steal a kiss or a grope, she won’t be mad at him?

“How? Do you want to sneak a code word into the conversation? Octopus perhaps?”
With Superman, ‘kraken’ would be better. As in ‘Excuse me, there’s a kraken attacking a supertanker in the bay’.

“How about, ‘Oh, God, woman! No!’?”
rotflol

Lois pulled her car into traffic. “Or he could just call me, ‘Mrs. Kent’. That would shut everyone up, including me.” She laughed.
shock

How about: ‘Aren’t you dating Clark Kent?’ That way Superman wouldn’t be sullied by Lois’s attempts at sexual intimacy with a man other than her boyfriend.

Oh, God! Why had she said that? Now, Clark was going to think she wanted him to propose.
To be fair, her subconscious has been slipping those hints into her thoughts for at least two episodes now. I think she’s ready, even if she doesn’t want to admit it. Just like it was with the pheromones.

“What? Superman can’t make an innocent mistake?”
Because she’s staying with her boyfriend and that’s not something a single lady would do? Maybe they even registered as Mr. and Mrs. Kent in the Lexor. That way, they’d already be legally married in Metropolis.
Hmm…http://sls.colostate.edu/data/sites/1/documents/CommonLaw.pdf Fascinating. They could just end up being married if she’s not really careful now. After all, if Superman pronounces her to Clark Kent’s wife, then it must be true. Superman doesn’t lie.

What if Clark merely called for her in the buff?
confused He’d have Superman ask Lois to undress and come see him? Like she’s his concubine or something of the sorts?

Maybe the more he heard it, the more it would… no, wait. She’d have to be making a pass at Superman for him to use this name. Why couldn’t she just keep her mouth shut?
And what happens once they do get married?

“How about you keep your hands off Superman, and he’ll keep his off you, and we won’t have to say anything at all?” he countered.
Or she could keep her hands on Superman and they not say anything at all. Like ‘no comment’ to the pictures of Superman absconding with the romantic partner of Clark Kent into Chateau Roberge?

“You of all people should know how difficult naming your alter-ego is.”
Boyscout.
Flying Menance.
Alien Invader.

but her story was… and he hated to use this phrase… insane.
Maybe he should try and refrain from calling her ‘insane’ though. Just a suggestion.

Lois believed that lightning transferred… no, not transferred, because he still had them… copied Superman’s abilities into someone else while the hero was taking away a man’s gun?
Like a Xerox machine. One flash of light and it’s all over and copied. They could try it – borrow one of the Planet’s copy machines, carry it to the roof during a thunderstorm, use it as furniture the way Cat had used it with Phil, and when it’s all over, they’ll find out if Lois is now super, too.

Maybe that was the problem. Perhaps the curse only became active should they marry, not if they didn’t.
Well, it *was* done in a time when no reputable woman would give up her virtue outside the bonds of marriage.
LOISETTE: You mean, I could have just absconded with Charles and everything would have been fine? Really? I’ll never let men do the paperwork again. Ever!

He looked up and saw that the car was barreling towards a stopped taxi. “Red light!”

Lois slammed on the brakes and stopped an inch away from the bumper of that taxi. “I’m listening.”
laugh

“No, I just want to get to the hospital in one piece,” he explained.
They might well be in one piece. Just in a more compressed form.

“Are you saying that I’m a bad driver?” she said
He’d rather they use a cab from now on? Plus, I remember distinctly when she managed to smash her car into a garage door. When she hit a fire hydrant so hard, she lost her memory. And I’m sure there’s other incidents that show she’s not a safe participant in traffic.

“In order for me to come here, I had to allow two other people to die,” he said.
I think he could have phrased it better than ‘I sacrificed two innocent people at the Altar of Time so I could claim you for myself’.

Herb had said that he had witnessed her death and that it would’ve been impossible
Actually, I think the exact wording was…that she’s still alive but Clark wouldn’t like her very much.

“Before I die would be nice,” she added wryly.

Before their wedding then.
jawdrop rotflol

If nothing else, telling Lois everything would be the perfect medicine any doctor could order to postpone their nuptials.
Naughty boy! Naughty!

Psst. Don't hate Clark, please.
Because he’s a cowardly cheat, trying to trick Lois into his bed and absconding with her stories?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: wave
Oooh! Catching up hyper
Hey, me, too! jump

Then again, Lois’s last fiancé has a rapsheet that’s going to be way longer than Lucy’s ex boyfriend’s.
CLARK: One hopes.

They’re more dangerous and the adrenalin gives things an extra kick in bed?
Speaking of that... Nah. That might spoil things.

LOIS: /seriously considers this/
CLARK: Seriously?

First Metallo, no Wally? I’m guessing, since Lex isn’t really all that dead, and wasn’t shivved in the prison yard either, there’s no need for super power transference, huh? And Clark’s not going to take Lois in a thunderstorm, either, so we can nix Ultra Woman showing up any time soon, too.
evil Yep, I have other plot points in mind.

Sexual harassment?
At the Daily 'Cat Grant used to work there' Planet? No, I don't think so.

So when other women start to snuggle up to Superman, steal a kiss or a grope, she won’t be mad at him?
LOIS: He's faster than a speeding bullet but he can't runaway from another woman's lips? [Linked Image]

With Superman, ‘kraken’ would be better. As in ‘Excuse me, there’s a kraken attacking a supertanker in the bay’.
I love it! I really should come to you for ideas! I mean, since you're not using them. [Linked Image]

How about: ‘Aren’t you dating Clark Kent?’ That way Superman wouldn’t be sullied by Lois’s attempts at sexual intimacy with a man other than her boyfriend.
Yeah, that's probably logical... but not as fun a conversation.

To be fair, her subconscious has been slipping those hints into her thoughts for at least two episodes now. I think she’s ready, even if she doesn’t want to admit it. Just like it was with the pheromones.
Has it only been two episodes?

Because she’s staying with her boyfriend and that’s not something a single lady would do?
SUPERMAN: Not on Krypton!

Maybe they even registered as Mr. and Mrs. Kent in the Lexor. That way, they’d already be legally married in Metropolis.
Hmm…http://sls.colostate.edu/data/sites/1/documents/CommonLaw.pdf Fascinating. They could just end up being married if she’s not really careful now. After all, if Superman pronounces her to Clark Kent’s wife, then it must be true. Superman doesn’t lie.
Gee, that would be a fun loophole.
LOIS & CLARK: Fun? For who?
EW: You!
LOIS: Oh, right. [Linked Image]
CLARK: Speak for yourself.
LOIS: I always do.

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by WC 224
What if Clark merely called for her in the buff?
confused He’d have Superman ask Lois to undress and come see him? Like she’s his concubine or something of the sorts?
Sorry, word play. In the previous sentence, she had thought what would happen if she called his bluff... which somehow dissolved in her mind to him calling to her in the buff. Hence, why Lois keeps getting distracted at work. All that word play.

That's a good question. My Magic 8 Ball has said not to tell you.

Or she could keep her hands on Superman and they not say anything at all. Like ‘no comment’ to the pictures of Superman absconding with the romantic partner of Clark Kent into Chateau Roberge?
Yea, that would be bad for Superman's reputation.

Boyscout.
Flying Menance.
Alien Invader.
Alter-ego, not arch nemesis.

Maybe he should try and refrain from calling her ‘insane’ though. Just a suggestion.
Which is why he didn't say it aloud.

Like a Xerox machine. One flash of light and it’s all over and copied. They could try it – borrow one of the Planet’s copy machines, carry it to the roof during a thunderstorm, use it as furniture the way Cat had used it with Phil, and when it’s all over, they’ll find out if Lois is now super, too.
rotflol It could work!

Well, it *was* done in a time when no reputable woman would give up her virtue outside the bonds of marriage.
LOISETTE: You mean, I could have just absconded with Charles and everything would have been fine? Really? I’ll never let men do the paperwork again. Ever!
clap I had to drop in that plot, because apparently there's some terrific fic over on the Archives that uses it. Or so I've been told. wink

They might well be in one piece. Just in a more compressed form.
He meant their bones.

He’d rather they use a cab from now on?
Yes.

Plus, I remember distinctly when she managed to smash her car into a garage door. When she hit a fire hydrant so hard, she lost her memory. And I’m sure there’s other incidents that show she’s not a safe participant in traffic.
Exactly!

I think he could have phrased it better than ‘I sacrificed two innocent people at the Altar of Time so I could claim you for myself’.
But then his guilt wouldn't factor in.

Actually, I think the exact wording was…that she’s still alive but Clark wouldn’t like her very much.
Oh, no. Herb *never* told Clark that. He implied that there was no way to bring her into the future and have it end happily for Clark.

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by WC 224
“Before I die would be nice,” she added wryly.

Before their wedding then.
ER: /very surprised -- yet pleasantly so -- that Clark could be so wry about Lois's possible death due to their shared love/
Yep. I went there.

Naughty boy! Naughty!
Clark's less of a nice guy within the confines of his skull.

Because he’s a cowardly cheat, trying to trick Lois into his bed and absconding with her stories?
Um... no. Because he considers THIS as his logical explanation on why he can't recall a future, he never lived. peep

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

ER: Oooh! Catching up
EW: Hey, me, too!
Oh darn. New part to read… wink

CLARK: One hopes.
LEX: Will see… /writes another check to an elected official/

LOIS: /seriously considers this/
CLARK: Seriously?
laugh

LOIS: He's faster than a speeding bullet but he can't runaway from another woman's lips? /has kept the bullets from the bullet proof vest/
CLARK: Umm…I didn’t want to appear inconsiderate? After all, she *was* just traumatized by her kitten hiding up in that tree…

EW: I love it! I really should come to you for ideas! I mean, since you're not using them. /uses heavy duty 2x4/
[Linked Image]

Yeah, that's probably logical... but not as fun a conversation.
You sure? Because he just called Lois the sole instigator in that sex scandal.

Has it only been two episodes?
huh I thought…?

Gee, that would be a fun loophole.
LOIS & CLARK: Fun? For who?
EW: You!
LOIS: Oh, right. /has gotten ideas about martial relations/
CLARK: Speak for yourself.
LOIS: I always do.
clap

Sorry, word play. In the previous sentence, she had thought what would happen if she called his bluff... which somehow dissolved in her mind to him calling to her in the buff. Hence, why Lois keeps getting distracted at work. All that word play.
Oh. Right. Duh!

That's a good question. My Magic 8 Ball has said not to tell you.
rotflol

Yea, that would be bad for Superman's reputation.
See? Much better if Superman publically calls her a floozy for throwing herself at him while living with her boyfriend.

I had to drop in that plot, because apparently there's some terrific fic over on the Archives that uses it. Or so I've been told.
Wait? You *haven’t* gotten to There’s No Place Like Home yet?

Oh, no. Herb *never* told Clark that. He implied that there was no way to bring her into the future and have it end happily for Clark.
clap What I said evil

Clark's less of a nice guy within the confines of his skull.
Good thing Lois isn’t psychic, huh?

Um... no. Because he considers THIS as his logical explanation on why he can't recall a future, he never lived.
laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I just read an article that stated that common law marriages were still possible in Kansas and in other places (such as Washington DC).
Ah, lookie there, FDK #224 smile1

Sadly, I don't have a new, original idea. But considering your muse's preference to have them do naughty things one really does have to think about it...

[Linked Image] Michael
Okay, here I am. Let's see how this applies... Hmmmm.

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Oh darn. New part to read… wink
[Linked Image]

LEX: Will see… /writes another check to an elected official/
LEX: Free! Free at last. I love this country!
LOIS: How can this be legal?
CLARK: It isn't.

LOIS: He's faster than a speeding bullet but he can't runaway from another woman's lips? /has kept the bullets from the bullet proof vest/
CLARK: Umm…I didn’t want to appear inconsiderate? After all, she *was* just traumatized by her kitten hiding up in that tree…
LOIS: So was this DEA agent who just lost his partner.

EW: Yeah, that's probably logical... but not as fun a conversation.
ER: You sure? Because he just called Lois the sole instigator in that sex scandal.
SUPERMAN: I'm sorry, Lois, but my common law wife doesn't like it when I date other women.

Is this what you mean?

LOIS: [Linked Image] No.

ER: And what happens once they do get married?
EW: That's a good question. My Magic 8 Ball has said not to tell you.
ER rotflol
EW: Or did you mean here? This is what I didn't tell you? That they don't ever HAVE a ceremony therefore become spouses via common law. Hmmmm. [Linked Image] /checks notes and shakes Magic 8 Ball again/ I think not.

EW: Yea, that would be bad for Superman's reputation.
ER: See? Much better if Superman publically calls her a floozy for throwing herself at him while living with her boyfriend.
CLARK: [Linked Image] We moved in together? When did that happen?

LOIS: Four years ago, or so.

Wait? You *haven’t* gotten to There’s No Place Like Home yet?
[Linked Image]

What I said evil
Thank you. [Linked Image]

EW: Clark's less of a nice guy within the confines of his skull.
ER: Good thing Lois isn’t psychic, huh?
EW: /Glaces over to the Nfic boards./ [Linked Image] Uh-huh. Sure. Sounds good to me. [Linked Image]

LOIS: What is Michael talking about? I *am* psychic.
CLARK: Right. It's a good thing she can't read my mind, then.
LOIS: Like I would have to have that talent to know that you want to see me naked, among other things.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]
Okay, here I am. Let's see how this applies... Hmmmm.
Oh dear blush I was actually referring to the link about common law marriage further up in the FDK thread blush But yeah, this one’s fun, too clap

ER: Oh darn. New part to read… /truly distraught over this situation/
EW: /hopes that no one notices she’s out of the woods already since FoLCs are probably hoping that things are going to go very wrong pretty soon/
Yes, Woods is on my list. Hopefully, it’s a short list /eyes RL carefully/

LEX: Free! Free at last. I love this country!
LOIS: How can this be legal?
CLARK: It isn't.
LEX: confused

LOIS: So was this DEA agent who just lost his partner.
laugh
CLARK: Not! Funny.

SUPERMAN: I'm sorry, Lois, but my common law wife doesn't like it when I date other women.

Is this what you mean?

LOIS: /now Clark won’t be getting any nookie, either/ No.
WONDER WOMAN: Finally he understands his place in this relationship. This lasso is really helpful..

EW: Or did you mean here? This is what I didn't tell you? That they don't ever HAVE a ceremony therefore become spouses via common law.
Umm…yeah…/points to top note about the great misunderstanding that resulted in more happy FDKing blush

CLARK: /isn’t the most observant kind/ We moved in together? When did that happen?

LOIS: Four years ago, or so.
CLARK: In my defense, between heavy prescription glasses and naked Loises in my bed, I’m bound to miss *some* clues.

ER: Wait? You *haven’t* gotten to There’s No Place Like Home yet?
EW: Nope. But I tried. Does that count?
[Linked Image]

EW: /Glaces over to the Nfic boards./ /has left stuff to discover about Lois buried in a dark cave in the woods/ Uh-huh. Sure. Sounds good to me. /now move along. Nothing to see./

CLARK: Right. It's a good thing she can't read my mind, then.
LOIS: Like I would have to have that talent to know that you want to see me naked, among other things.
rotflol clap

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard