Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270158 05/09/16 04:56 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I've just heard about this site, which people may find useful.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Feed in a name, user name, email address, etc., it tells you if the password details etc. have been leaked. For example, my email address and login details turn out to have been leaked in the big Adobe hack a couple of years ago, which fortunately I already knew so I don't have to start panicking. And my details don't seem to have been leaked in the hack of the NCIS fanfic archives a few months ago, but I've already taken steps about that one and it was high time I changed a few passwords anyway... It doesn't give you any details beyond saying there was a leak, so you can't e.g. feed in someone else's user name and get their password, although you could possible see a list of leaking sites they've used.

Well worth a look.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello Marcus,

Thank you for sharing this site with the group. I just want to confirm that it itself is not a malicious site set up to harvest e-mail addresses and other data. It was mentioned in one of the SANS courses I took for work. (SANS bills itself as "The most trusted source for information security training, certification, and research," and it does live up to its billing.)

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks - I learned about the site from an IT professional who also said something like this, I should have mentioned it.

Marcus L. Rowland
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth

Marcus L. Rowland

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard