Best Revelation Story:

Editorial Discretion - Deadly Chakram
Newsworthy - AntiKryptonite
Seed of Doubt - Deadly Chakram
Star Stuff - Susan Young
The Truth about Clark Kent - NostalgiaKick
What Perry Knows - NostalgiaKick

Best Original / Supporting Character:

A Wedding in Paris - Morgana (Bernie/Abrihet)
Christmas Carol – stopquitdont (Carol)
Questionable Evidence - Deadly Chakram (Henderson)
Unique Individuals - Susan Young (Barry/Wanda)
Whining Ends - Susan Young (Elise Carr)

Best First Kiss:

A Scene Remembered - FarmerBabe
A Week in Paris - NostalgiaKick
Breaching the Ivory Tower - Susan Young
Greedy for More – KatherineKent
Quick vs. Quickly - Susan Young

Best Comedy:

A Dirty Story - Lynn S.M
Just Another Day - Queen of the Capes
Origins or How Jar-Jar Binks Saved Superman - Annie B.
Quick Kisses – Mouserocks
The Discovery - Lynn S. M.
The Ghost of Christmas Future - Susan Young

Best New Author:

Cuidadora
FarmerBabe
KKBG (KatherineKent's Baby Girl)

Best Overall Story:

A Week in Paris- NostalgiaKick
Christmas Carol - Stopquitdont
Newsworthy - AntiKryptonite
Not the Years But the Moments – Terry Leatherwood
Seed of Doubt - Deadly Chakram
Star Stuff – Susan Young

Congratulations to all the nominees! smile1

Tricia cool

Kerth
Kerth
shock Oh, wow. I am so thankful to you all for the nominations. Truly, it's beyond words. I'm thrilled that you've read and enjoyed these pieces of my heart.

Best of luck to my fellow nominees, and thanks to all of the authors who continue to keep the story of Lois and Clark alive.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations to all the nominees! notworthy clap notworthy clap notworthy

What an amazing collection of work...and what a pleasure it has been to read and enjoy hyper.

You guys are awesome, super, so talented!

Thank you all for loving L&C as much as I do sloppy...

Wishing you all luck,
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 03/09/16 11:18 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, wow! Thank you for the nominations, everyone! I'm truly humbled and I'm so glad that these stories have been able to touch you on some level.

Best of luck to my fellow nominees. Looking forward to seeing who the winners are, though I can't even begin to imagine how we're all supposed to pick just one winner in each category!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
shock

Thank you everyone for the nominations. I don't know what else I can add that hasn't already been said. I'm a bit overwhelmed right now! To see my stories nominated alongside such wonderful authors... I'm lost for words.

Congratulations and best of luck to all the nominees!

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you all for the nomination. "The Cabbie's Tale" was such a low-key story, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Congratulations to all those who wrote stories this year, especially those who have been nominated. We were all the richer for your contribution.

I know I'm going to have difficulty picking out a favorite in each category.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, didn't expect the nominations out so quickly. hyper

Thank you to everyone that nominated me *hugs* but when I look at what I'm up against ... eek.

Each year it's pretty obvious what stories are the outstanding stories, but I have to admit that I'm always surprised by one or two of the nominations. Some stories get nominated that surprise me (not that they are bad, but just that I didn't think enough people would remember them) and alternatively I'm surprised by one or two that are missing from the nomination list. Still, I guess that shows that we are all individuals with individual taste. But the fact we are all on these boards means we have a MAJOR overlap in our likes laugh.

Love you all! love

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thank you to those who voted for my stories. I am honoured. Thanks, too, to the Kerth Committee for setting up and tabulating the votes.

Congratulations to all nominees and thanks to all authors here for keeping our favourite characters alive with fresh new stories.

Now to crawl back into my sick bed...

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've been wondering how you were feeling, Lynn...

Sorry to hear you still aren't feeling well. Same sickness as previous? We've had rounds--after rounds, after rounds--of colds here. Kids bring it home from preschool and school. I had laryngitis for a week (from one of those colds)...which was not fun with two kiddos to take care of laugh. January and February were pretty much a wash for me with a cold that turned into a sinus infection, then yet another cold, then loosing the voice from the second cold. Finally (knock on wood) feeling better...

Hope you get better soon! sloppy
Laura

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I looked at all the great stories which were nominated this year and was surprised to find one of mine in the mix. Thanks to all who thought so highly of my efforts! Like KatharineKent, I look at the competition and - well, I'm really just looking for another "Nominated" tag beside my story.

I look forward to seeing who comes out on top. I believe that this site has the most talented collection of fanfic writers on the entire Web. I'm just happy y'all let me play in my little corner of this wonderful sandbox.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Each year it is so exciting to take part in the nominations. This year there were so many good stories out there, making the selections was down right difficult! Thanks to the Kerth committee and my fellow FoLCs for doing the tabulations and setting up this event.

It's great to be in the company of such an excellent group of writers who keep Lois and Clark alive and kickin'! notworthy

Last edited by Morgana; 03/11/16 08:22 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thanks for asking, Laura. Yes, same sickness as before. I'm sorry you had had such a miserable time earlier this year, but I'm glad you are doing better.

February first, my son came down with a virus which he shared with me. But he got over his illness in time to return to school the following Monday. I wasn't so resilient. What started with a virus morphed into a sinus infection (sound familiar?), but then settled down in my lungs. I've now got bronchitis with some asthma thrown in. At my worst, my peak flow readings (a measure, basically, of lung capacity) had been off-the-charts bad. And I mean that literally. The charts graphing peak flow readings against height-and-gender-matched average people ends at age 85. My peak flow was a lot worse than that of the average height-matched 85 year old woman.

I've improved now so that I am breathing like an average 70-year-old height matched woman. That's still nearly two decades older than my chronological age. I get winded and fatigued easily, and am currently on short term disability. I actually had gone back to work for a bit over a week, but I was pushing myself so much that I was becoming a danger on the roads when I drove home at the end of the day -- I was so tired. (And for that matter, when I walked from the car to the office I was huffing and puffing as though I had just run a marathon.) I finally waved the white flag and decided I need more time to recover. I would have been happy to work part time, but my employer doesn't allow that; either you are 100% recovered and can do your full duties or else you must not do anything work related. There is no in between whatsoever. (I'm not even allowed to answer students' e-mails.)

On the plus side, I am not in any pain or discomfort. I also am able to watch some TV, go for small walks (my pulmonologist encouraged me to engage in light exercise), take lots of naps, and generally indulge in relaxing activities. In some ways, this is the closest I have had to a real vacation since before my son was born. (My summers off from teaching are spent cooking, cleaning, running errands, and generally tending to everything that is neglected during the school year. I have little "me time" during those two months.) So something good has come of this illness.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow--so sorry for all you've been through health-wise, Lynn! What a month and a half you have had!

I had noticed that you had been pretty quiet (and that was after hearing awhile back that you had been sick). I was wondering if you still weren't feeling well smile.

I'm glad you are getting some time to concentrate on you--so important, for yourself and to feeling better.

Thinking positively that you'll be back to your regular self soon smile...
Laura

(...who literally just got back from going to the urgent care clinic with my son--whose current cold apparently has just morphed into an ear infection dizzy crazy wallbash . Argh...spring can not come soon enough! )

Last edited by LMA; 03/12/16 07:25 PM.

Columnist
Columnist
It's been ages since I've been on the message boards. I wanted a little L&C fix, so I thought I'd drop by. I had forgotten it was Kerth time. And I was absolutely flabbergasted both the stories I submitted lately was nominated. WOW! I wrote both so long ago. I just never imagined anybody else would like them as much I did after I wrote them. Thanks to all who read these tales, and a double thanks for the nominations.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow, thank you so much! I have been so absent and felt so out of the loop this past year, but to come and see this is such a delight! I know I'm late, but please don't think I'm any less honored! This fandom consistently produces the best stories and the kindest fans, so to have any part of it myself is such a treat -- to be nominated after leaving you hanging is better than I can properly convey!

Thank you, too, to all the readers on here, who read and review and nominate and vote -- I wish there were awards I could give you!

Thanks, everyone, and now I have to get reading and caught up before voting!

Kerth
Kerth
Wow! I actually forgot I posted anything this year. eek Thank you! thud sloppy

Looks like I've got a lot of reading to catch up on before voting starts! Looking forward to it when I've got the spare time. hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard