#269400 03/14/16 03:53 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Girlfriends

Folks,

Many women build long lasting friendships with other women. In L&C Lois Lane seems to have avoided close female friends.

Think about a version where Lois is close with Lucy, and is good friends with Linda King, Cat Grant, Mayson Drake and others.

Framework4
Framework4 #269406 03/15/16 05:36 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I can't see her being a true friend to Linda (what happens is too obviously something a friend would not do to another friend), but Molly and The Detective from Season One? MUCH more likely, as are Lucy, Cat and Mayson.

Last edited by Christina; 03/16/16 09:03 AM. Reason: To clarify post

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Christina #269407 03/15/16 06:04 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
I can't see her being a true friend to Linda (what happens is too obviously something a friend would do to another friend), but Molly? The Detective from Season One? MUCH more likely, as is Lucy, Cat and Mayson.
Isn't Molly Lois's wacky friend from college who became a new-age guru, not a detective? Which detective are you thinking of? The female detective who tries to arrest her in Ides of Metropolis? Yes, I can see Lois and Molly and perhaps that detective who likes her hair (and who's name I'm blanking on at the moment) are possibilities. I can't see Lois becoming friends with Mayson, unless they aren't rivals for Clark's affections. (If Mayson already had a boyfriend/husband when they met during Church of Metropolis.)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Framework4 #269410 03/15/16 10:38 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A quick check of the script has the Detective in Ides as "Betty Reed," just in case anyone is thinking of using her. smile

Virginia is correct. Molly was the anti-technology nut from Operation: Blackout. (Last name is Flynn.)

I can't ever see Lois and Mayson as friends. Not while Mayson has a thing for Clark.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Framework4 #269433 03/17/16 09:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Molly is the best option as a friend for Lois. They have a tough history, but every good friendship has its bumps, lumps and occasional slumps. It what you do with those bad times that either kills or builds the relationship.

I have only read of one story where detective Reed is on a friendly basis with her.

As long as Mayson is involved with someone else there is no reason why she and Lois cannot be friendly.

Female Hawk's story, Trusting You and Trusting Me, Lois and Linda were very good friends. Linda sacrificed her life to save Lois.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard