Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
... or 8. This story doesn't know when to stop.)
Hee. I don't mind that. I don't mind that at all.

In my opinion, this just gets better and better. Every chapter adds more layers and makes this story so incredibly rich, beyond what I would have expected from the first chapter. I love the concepts you introduced in this installment, in particular.

Another long pause. Then: "Okay. You win."

"Pardon?"

"You win. You out-differented me."
I think that's really interesting, like a gift that she gave him.

I love how Clark could feel Lois' heartbeat, and how it skipped every now and then; that he saw through the blinding light; how Lois ran to Kilmartin and how kind he was; that Clark could sense Lois so easily and even read her thoughts, again reflecting their connection...

And, in its way, unrealistic hope is just as powerful as hope grounded in genuine expectations.
I loved that line, too, and think it's true.

"Whatever happens, I'm sure everything will work out for the best."
I really hope so as well. For them both.

Excellent, excellent story. These words aren't enough to fully convey my appreciation for it, but I truly am bowled over.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ooh. Twists and turns.. I wonder if it's that soulmate bond going on! Can't wait to see the rest! hyper

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Columnist
Columnist
frown She can't leave! He needs her! Please come back and fix this. grovel

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting developments. I'm very glad, the story keeps on growing. Keep it up! thumbsup :p

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Kerth
Kerth
Hey, the longer this story lasts, the better! Another great part, though Lois needs to go back to Clark alone and do some more, ah hem, "talking." wink Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper
Get back here! hyper

More ASAP, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
This is great, Chris! thumbsup

simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw poor Clark and poor Lois. I hope he can make her live again. Boo Hoo! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I read this yesterday as a bedtime story and was too lazy to respond here, sorry I'm late wink

You know, after noticing your total-chapter-count over the last few days, I was happy to see it raise from 6 to 7 and now you're talking about 8 - that couldn't make me happier at the moment! I also read "Life In A Different World" by Richard Mobile a short while ago, now I have to chuckle about a reference to angels in there - it was a quote about people calling an AU Clark still their Guardian Angel because some (ie reporters) couldn't see him because they weren't of pure heart.

But, uhm, sorry that was a bit off topic wink You really did great with this story so far, there's not one detail I would like to change or improve. Right now I'm just happy and trying to be patient at waiting for chapter 6. Thank you for this great and at times sad story, update soon!

Kerth
Kerth
Ok, Lois' boss is not one of the high people there... if he doesn't know that Clark Kent and Lois Lane are soulmates wink

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I was going to post this earlier, but suddenly the boards were down. But, here goes (deep breath):

In one of the greatest literary works of the Middle Ages, Divina Commedia, Dante Alighieri took his readers on a guided tour of hell. The uppermost and least hellish part of this dire domain was populated by righteous heathens, people who in their lifetimes had been as good and kind and generous as we can reasonably expect any human beings to be. But they hadn't been Christians, which is why they were now spending eternity in hell. I was reminded of these kind heathens when I came to the part of this story where Angel-Lois asked Clark Kent about his faith in God. Clark Kent, you know. Alt-Clark. Clark Super-Altruist Hyper-Humanitarian Kent. Who, nevertheless, might not pass muster with the powers of the universe, might not tip the scales of universial righteousness, might not be regarded objectively as an honestly good guy, if he doesn't truly believe in God. For what does it benefit a man if he does everything he possibly can for the human beings - not for his fellow human beings, mind you, because Clark is not human - like I said, what good does it do him to do all that for human beings, if he hasn't got the right relationship with God?

I've grown up with people who knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that they had the right religion, and everybody else would go to hell. I don't take too well to people who judge others by their faith, or by their lack of faith. So seeing Lois ask Clark about his beliefs was not my favorite part of this story. But... Okay! Since Lois is indeed an angel in this tale, I can't blame her for being really interested in God, can I? Or for doing whatever she can to make it more probable that she and Clark will get to spend eternity together? Besides, I rather admire Clark for his cool refusal to change his basic beliefs when being asked about them by an angel! I can tell you that if I had been visited by an angel who asked me if I believed in God, I would have seriously reconsidered my "no" answer! smile

As I may have hinted already, the God part of this story distracted me a little from the rest of it. But honestly, the rest of the story is great, and the first part of it is just brilliant! Chris, you take my breath away with your description of how Angel-Lois comforts Clark like a mother would comfort her young son - it's so incredibly touching. And then she holds him much like she would hold her lover, and again it is so beautiful and heartwarming beyond words. Then Clark realizes that the dream-like shape of a woman whom he holds in his arms must be for real after all, because her heart keeps skipping a few beats. And on being told about this, Lois starts worrying that she might have a heart attack, angel style!!! LOL!!! goofy

After acknowledging her angelhood, Lois Revealed herself to Clark, and I loved it. And he recognized her, and I loved that, too. But then Lois realized that she had broken the Rules, and she fled in terror. Lois! I thought better of you. Aren't you more interested in comforting Clark than in following some stupid rules?

And now the plot thickens. Will Lois be punished by the other angels for breaking the Rules? Will Clark give up and give in once and for all now that he knows that his Lois is dead? Will Lois defy the angels and the Rules and go back to Clark again? Will Lois and Clark's love bridge the realms of Life and Death, of Heaven and Earth, or will they succumb to the truly cosmic obstacles standing in their way, so that they are torn apart again like Orpheus and Eurydike?

I can't wait to find out how this tale ends!

Ann

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm going to say a very quick thank you to you all here. Sorry not to respond in detail, but I'm feeling rather tired, rushed and frazzled. Suffice to say, I do appreciate all the feedback.

I hope you will all keep reading and enjoying...

Chris

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, talk about picking a chapter to get caught up on. I apologise for not responding to the others, but life has a way of messing up the best laid plans.

I am on tenterhooks here, waiting to find out what will happen. What is so bad about being a guardian? Will Clark bend? Will Clark's heart be broken yet again as Lois is forced to leave him? Will they be able to be together? Will Alt-Clark EVER find happiness?

Yes, I am enthralled smile

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Chris... I've read and caught up tonight, finally! Hate when the internet is down! Gets in the way of reading my favorite stories!!

Something I did want to say about this part, Ann already said, so I'll steal her words (Ann, you don't mind, surely!!? wink )

Chris, you take my breath away with your description of how Angel-Lois comforts Clark like a mother would comfort her young son - it's so incredibly touching. And then she holds him much like she would hold her lover, and again it is so beautiful and heartwarming beyond words. Then Clark realizes that the dream-like shape of a woman whom he holds in his arms must be for real after all, because her heart keeps skipping a few beats. And on being told about this, Lois starts worrying that she might have a heart attack, angel style!!! LOL!!! rotflol
I loved all those moments too!

Also... really love the tone you've set throughout... perfect for a ghost story!!!! It's chilling and quiet and sweet... wink ie:
If he closed his eyes, he could delude himself that someone was with him.

She felt warm enough, solid enough and real enough to him. He'd heard her words of comfort, her gentle breathing and the rustle of her clothing. Now, he could smell her, a light, fresh scent, with a hint of fruit.

And when he kissed her... How sweet she tasted!

It was only sight that told him that she wasn't there.

If he closed his eyes...

Was it unreasonable to stretch his fantasy so that he gave the woman he was with a name? Was it wrong to pretend that he was with Lois?
And you write in these light moments so easily that just crack me up!
"Oh, come on! I'm an alien! What could possibly be more unbelievable than that?"

Lois tried to match his lightness of tone. "Being an angel, perhaps?"

This time the silence was his.

After a few seconds, Lois asked tentatively, "Clark?"

"H'm?"

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I was just thinking. You're really an angel?"

"Yes."

Another long pause. Then: "Okay. You win."

"Pardon?"

"You win. You out-differented me.
rotflol

Anyway, I love this, Chris! More soon, pleaseeee!!!!

~NICOLE

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Chris

I've just caught up with this story. smile
WOW! It's excellent. The premise is original and thought provoking. smile1 Please post the next part ASAP.

Tricia cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard