Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Oh my goodness. This whole story had me laughing. Now, really, Lois's idea is a really sweet and thoughtful idea, trying to show Superman that he's not alone. But the image of Clark looking sooo uncomfortable. rotflol He wouldn't be too enthusiastic, would he. And oooh, the guilt, how the guilt builds. I'm still laughing at him. I can't wait to see how he explains this. rotflol

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy, you are amazing. I don't know how it is you can churn out piece after incredible piece. Love, love, loved this. I read the first installment with a smile on my face all the way through. I think it's very sweet how much Lois cares for Superman, and also how she hung mistletoe in the hopes of getting a kiss from Clark. I enjoyed reading her confusion over Clark's discomfort, and particularly liked how she puzzled over her gifts for the "two" men.

Can't wait to see what happens when Clark tells her the truth.

Thank you for this. What a lovely Christmas treat. smile

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Right. There I am, working on my paper for school, trying to be a good girl... not even on IRC. And Dr Richards, instead of being a good influence, tells me there's new fic posted on the boards! I'm never finishing this paper now...

“So, what did you think of the movie?”

I smile up at Clark as we walk out of the cinema together.
Present tense Lois! I love this already. <g> And she's on a date with Clark! Even better. Unless it's not Lois, but in the spirit of Christmas I'll trust you. wink

Can I quote Pam, here? You'll take any chance you can get to mention TOGOM. <g>

“What?” Now he’s openly curious, and even... sounding a little alarmed? But why? This is a good idea. I know it. It’s a great idea. And not even Clark is going to put me off it.
Hee. <g> I see where this is going. And also, I love the mood - so comfortable, nice. smile smile smile And it is Lois. <g>

“And you’ll be there yourself?”

He looks indecisive for a moment. Then he gives me a resigned smile. “Of course I will, Lois.”
That's going to be kind of hard to pull off...

It’s a Christmas ornament. An embracing trio, standing close to each other, arms around each other. It’s supposed to represent a family, and in a way I can’t help but feel that’s appropriate.

The family Superman doesn’t have on Earth; the family I want him to feel that he does have.

Me. And Clark.
Awwwww, that is a lovely thought. smile But I can't help thinking she'll be kind of disappointed when she finds out Superman is not actually as lonely as she'd thought. Not because she doesn't want him to be happy, or anything, but because the whole nice thought and party and gift lose their point. Although I'm sure Clark will appreciate it.

But maybe, just maybe, if I find the perfect Christmas gift for him, he might realise. And, if I’m so very lucky and this turns out to be the special Christmas I’m hoping for, he’ll love me too.

Maybe. I can only hope. And dream.
Awwwwwwwwwwwww. wink I'm loving this. razz

Better post part 2 soon. wildguy

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois is so cute. I love how they act just like a couple but they both aren't aware of their burgeoning relationship just yet. And stupid Clark just *had* to get himself knee-deep in this mess by not coming clean sooner, didn't he? Oh well, that just means more fun for us! laugh

I can't wait to see the rest of this. Fantastic!

Chriscy

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I also have to add a few comments to this story. I was left with a big smile after reading this part. It is so...(trying to think of the appropriate word) befitting for this time of year.

It is funny but still has a lot of heart. Wendy, this story is a testament to your skill as an author. Being able to write such a wonderful Christmas story days after posting one of the most angst-filled, heart-wrenching, and best Lois and Clark stories I have ever read shows an incredible range of talent.

Holiday Cheers to All.

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh, you just made my night, you know. 12 hour shift at the mall, and I get to come home to a brand new fic to begin! Great start.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hehe laugh

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
*Bangs fists on blanket because there's no table*

Dammit, Wendy! You keep pulling me in with your stories and cuteness and warm fuzzies!! We should all have you pubicly flogged for destroying our concentration on "real" life stuff! razz

But seriously, I can't wait to see what happens next! And I wanna know what she got for Clark!

*Sigh* Too much WAFF, so little time.

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What they said, Wendy smile This is fabulous. So you're posting part 2 today, right? 'Cause, you know, some of us are going out of town for Christmas, like maybe leaving tomorrow, and you wouldn't want to make us go off for a week without knowing how this is gonna end, would you?

So, new post today. Tomorrow morning, at the very latest. Right? Unless you want to torture the rest of 'em and send it to me in email... goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
Oooh Wendy's Christmas story!! hyper

This was different, a first person POV wink

Jose clap

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL I love this story Wendy. Lois really has her sweet side showing here. I like this part of Lois's character. I am surprised that Superman told her as much. What is Clark thinking? I hope she gives Clark the idea that he is loved by her before things slip, but I know what ever you decide to do with these two characters that it will be wonderful. Merry Christmas Wendy and thank you for all you do all year to make our lives a little less mundane. You are the best! Love laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
What did Lois get for Clark?

gerry

Kerth
Kerth
What a fun premise! Eagerly awaiting part 2! smile Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wendy, I... I feel stunned. You haven't been writing any LC fanfiction for the last three weeks. You have written seven stories in another fandom. And right now, that's your only fanfic inspiration.

It sounds as if you are leaving Lois and Clark fanfiction. And maybe you are.

If so, I can't blame you. Just today, I checked the Archive to see how many stories of yours were uploaded there. Unless I lost count, there were about 140.

I was going to say something about that in my previous comment on your Christmas story, but for some reason I never got around to it. But I was going to say that it's absolutely fantastic the way your stories seem to have covered very nearly every possible angle and explored almost every possible direction offered by the premise of Lois and Clark.

And maybe you, too, feel that your L&C fanfic stories have finally done just that.

You have contributed tremendously to the body of Lois and Clark fanfiction. Tremendously. I want to ask you how you can leave now, now that I've just jumped on board. How can you leave? You, of all people? With your intelligence and sensitivity and your mature understanding of human emotion? With your amazing flair for storytelling? With your wonderfully, smoothly flowing prose?

But it's not your fault that I haven't discovered Lois and Clark fanfiction until now. And much as I wish that everything would stay just the way I like it best, I'm well past the age when you can believe in that sort of thing. Because nothing lasts forever. And my wishes aren't the only ones that count.

Wendy, I wish you the best. I hope you'll be happy writing your new fanfiction and doing everything else that I can imagine that an extremely gifted and capable person like yourself is doing with her life. And if you ever want to return to Lois and Clark fanfiction, you will be - what words am I looking for now? I can't find them - more than welcome.

I wish you the very, very best, and I so, so much want to thank you!!!!

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is weird. My earlier post is gone, as is the one of Ann's I replied to. /me shakes head and hums Twilight Zone theme tune. Oh, well.

Ann, you're making me blush here. blush You're so very, very kind. I promise you - and everyone else who cares - I'm not leaving. Taking a sabbatical from writing Lois and Clark, perhaps; as I've explained to a few people, I feel a bit stale. As you said, I've written more stories than anyone else in this fandom. I feel that I've covered practically every angle of the kind of stories I like to write, and I'm repeating myself. I find it impossible to be original any more, and difficult to be as enthusiastic as I used to be as a result.

So, yes, I'm playing in another playground, but it's very much part-time. I'm still reading here and on the Archive; I'm still chatting with my L&C friends in email and on IRC. And I'm sure that one of these days I'll get inspired again. I do actually have ideas for a couple of long stories. It's just that right now ideas and premises and lines of dialogue - in fact, whole passages of dialogue - are writing themselves in my head again as I go about my daily routine. And that's not happened for a very, very long time. Unfortunately, it's not Lois and Clark ideas and dialogue. But maybe one day it will be again.

I'll be back to say thanks for all your lovely comments on this story soon.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool Beautiful!

“I... don’t think I’ve ever been so touched in my life. This is... really thoughtful of you. And I just don’t deserve it.”

“What?” I stare at him.

“You think I’m alone. That I don’t have anywhere to go, anywhere to belong. And this... what you’ve done, arranging this evening for me, this beautiful figurine...” He gestures to it. “It all reminds me that I’m here under false pretences. That I haven’t been honest with you. And it makes me uncomfortable, Lois. More than I’ve ever been around you.”
blush Your conscience is killing you!

More ASAP, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Back quickly to thank you all very much for your lovely comments! I'm so glad you're enjoying this. smile

As Ann said in the post that was a casualty of the boards' IP address changing, this is quite a change in theme from 24 Hours. goofy But it's Christmas, and that usually calls for something different. wink It was fun to write this predicament for Clark, and especially to do it all from Lois's POV.

And thanks for commenting on the present tense, Julie! I seem to be going through a phase of writing present-tense fics at the moment, some first person and some not, though all single-POV. It's quite refreshing and fun to write.

Anyway, in answer to some requests (hi, Pam! wave ), Part 2 is coming in just a few minutes. Thanks again!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Seeing that my first post here disappeared in cyberspace, I just have to say that it is an absolutely brilliant idea to have Lois invite both Superman and Clark for a little Christmas get-together, so that the lonely superhero might enjoy a little holiday cheer in the company of his two, and only, best friends. And what a delicious, yet absolutely unintentional, way for Lois to get her well-deserved revenge on Clark for all the lies he's been feeding her!

I also absolutely loved Lois's gift for Superman. The Christmas ornament showing three people embracing suggests to me that this is Lois's - again unintentional - way of telling Superman (and Clark) that his split personality threatens to tear him asunder, and only Lois's loving arms can hold him together and heal him. Both of him. So that both of them can find himself.

So beautiful, Wendy!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
Oh myyyyyyyyyyy goddddddddddddddd

I love it

I love it

I love it

Did I say I love it? lol....Its sweet, cute and I love Lois present...oh God.

I cant wait to read the next part....here we go....

Karla

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard