Hi FoLCs!

This is Kerth Quiz #7 - Best First Kiss

Instructions are blatantly copied/linked from last year’s Kerth Quizzes (or even further back than that).

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best First Kiss Category, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 10 randomly chosen ones.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. (Also, don't forget to mention which number you're answering.) Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread. Plus, shiny gold stars for those who recognize their own stories (which, sadly, is harder than it looks, but mostly in the Epic and Long Story Categories though).

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Saturday, February 6, 2016, by 11:59 p.m (Pacific Time Zone).

Please post your answers HERE .

Good luck!
Susan

B

E

S

T

F
I
R
S
T

K
I
S
S

QUOTE #1:
“Is there a mall on the moon that I don’t know about?”

QUOTE #2:
I’m just like my Aunt. She was in love with a man called Clark. She would have given up everything to be with him. I’m just like her.”

QUOTE #3:
“Do you ever wish you could change our story?”

QUOTE #4:
Clark flew high over the main road between Geneva and Chamonix, scanning frantically for traces of Lois and Luthor.

QUOTE #5:
As she surrendered to his kiss once more, he idly wondered how long it would be until they finally did 'joint tax returns'.

QUOTE #6:
It couldn’t hurt to indulge in a short grammar lesson.

QUOTE #7:
Right now though, my late wife is not on my mind. This woman is.

QUOTE #8:
“I don’t want your life. I don’t want to be Clark Kent. I told her I was a clone. It’s not my fault she didn’t ask a follow-up question.”

QUOTE #9:
Cat raised an eyebrow at him. “Would you rather explain that we went to see a scientist with a turkey-baster?”

QUOTE #10:
She looked away from Jimmy for a second and saw Tall Dark and Handsome moving toward her. She couldn't believe it - he was dressed as a WWII sailor! He gets it!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

EXCERPT #1:

Everything freezes — his shifting, my squealing, his breath, my breath, his delighted gaze, my playful tease. Nothing else exists except him and me — us: a small word that suddenly defines our world. And I know that this is the right time and place, that perfection is me held tightly against his body. So I should inch my head towards his, and he should recognize my intentions, and our lips should meet, creating a big bang that would reset our universe and begin our relationship anew.

EXCERPT #2:

He pulled away, gently pushing against her shoulders. While the meeting of his lips with hers had been brief, he still felt their loss, significantly. He had no misconceptions about his attraction to this small woman in his arms. She’d been in his dreams almost every night since her first visit. But he was also under the impression that this attraction was only because his subconscious was using her as a substitute for Lois. She deserved better than that.

EXCERPT #3:

Lois frowned at the mental image burned into her retinas — the blonde hussy throwing herself at Clark. Lois grabbed the slightly melted ice cream and scooped a heaping spoonful into her mouth, trying to replace the sour taste of her memory with something sweet. How dare he fall for that pathetically desperate, probably corrupt, tragically blonde man-stealer?

EXCERPT #4:

“Chief
I came across something over here today. The arms of the Venus de Milo have been taken off exhibit at the Louvre- apparently for restoration. What got my attention is it's the second major artwork that's been removed for 'restoration' in a week that was found in the vault under Metropolis by Superman two years ago. The restorations department at the Louvre has no record of the arms entering their department.
It could be coincidence, but I don't think it is. Neither does Joe.
The problem is, we're short staffed here. I don't have time to investigate and Joe can't spare anyone. Can you help?
Clark

EXCERPT #5:

"After that kiss, I'm kind of presuming that means being your boyfriend or … your lover … and if that's right … then I will be over the moon." He smiled and laughed, gently, reflecting his joy over the idea of them being lovers. After only a moment he sobered, then continued. "And it if means only being your friend and partner … then I can do that too, but you need to know that I am very much hoping that you want me to be … more."

EXCERPT #6:

He moved away and watched her, waiting for the fallout from his action. Lois stared at him, hoping to understand herself. It was unacceptable – they shouldn’t be kissing in the middle of the bullpen. It was unacceptable – she shouldn’t be so drawn to her partner. The kiss was unacceptable – unacceptably brief.

EXCERPT #7:

God, what am I doing? I think as I step even closer, gently coax her to lay her forehead on my chest. My hand slides around to cup the back of her head. “Then we’ll figure out how to become good friends,” I whisper and lean so that my chin is resting against her head. I inhale deeply and I’m assaulted by all kinds of emotions. It’s been so long since I’ve been close to anyone like this, and it feels… good.

EXCERPT #8:

He bent forward, captured by the ingrained feelings for her that he had had his entire life. Barry kissed her, pressing his lips passionately against hers.

Barry felt her body freeze in surprise for a moment, but then her arms wrapped around his back and she leaned into his embrace. He darted his tongue across her lips, and she responding by parting her lips and moaning a soft sigh. And he was thrilled, because kissing was fun.

EXCERPT #9:

He was dimly aware of Cat Grant striding into the middle of the bullpen and stopping just a few feet from his desk. “Clark Kent,” she announced, causing all of their colleagues to look up, “I'm pregnant. And you're the father.”

EXCERPT #10:

And Clark, knowing full well what she wanted, grasped her waist, cradled her head in his free arm, and leaned her back for the long deep kiss that a sailor and nurse once shared fifty years ago in Times Square. And just as on that same day, this time there was also a photographer with his camera at the ready (though, mouth hanging wide open), recapturing the iconic pose of celebration that the whole world knows.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink