Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Sorry this took so long to post, I'm having trouble with my Internet connection- at the moment I'm having to use my phone as a modem to get online at all. Thank heavens for smartphones!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good luck with your internet problems. Sounds frustrating!

I was wondering where you would go next with the revelation in the first part. There was still a truth for Lois to figure out! clap I had forgotten about that. When you got to Lois crawling into bed, it felt as if THAT revelation was a twist. Good job!

I'm glad Lois realized that writing an article on Clark Superman Kent would ruin his life, even if it did get her the award she's been coveting for years.

Fun story!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I was really looking forward to reading the conclusion of this--and so sorry for all the frustration in trying to get online. Not fun (our internet connection literally got 'cut' during some yard work a couple months ago...it was only for 4 or 5 days that the ipad was out of commission, but yeah--quite frustrating wallbash ).

I was really impressed by Lois in this story...how she talked things through with Clark, remained relatively calm, was honest with how she was feeling. I loved that there was a discussion between them. And totally, she quickly understood what it was to be Clark/Superman, and that she needed to be his friend--above all else.

Thanks for sharing--really enjoyed this story hyper
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Smartphones are a godsend even when your home connection gets painfully slow, driving you nuts while you wait for the MB page to load wink
Honestly, at first I thought the idea of Clark revealing his secret identity by grabbing a hot pan and not getting burned was a bit silly, then it occurred to me how it happens in the Superman II movie... Ok, nevermind! grin
Other than that, I found the story to be lovely. Like I said reviewing "Paris", I like how you characterize your Lois & Clark smile

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I loved this. Clark wasn't always in perfect control in the show, like leaving handprints in the bus. This is the Clark that played baseball with himself in a public park and did an 8' high jump for Bo Jackson.

I prefer that fanfic takes Clark's secret far more seriously than the show did because it makes sense, but fun is good too.

Shallowford
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
…aaaand we’re back laugh
“You're Superman, and you never told me?!” she burst out.
clap

“This is more than just a secret, Clark. This is- this is huge! Pulitzer Prize winning huge...”
Hence the not telling.

That decided it. If she wrote the article, the moment it was published was the moment that Clark Kent would effectively cease to exist.
But she could write about The Boss, couldn’t she?

“Plus, think how much easier it will be to get stories if you can use your powers! No more worrying about locked doors or-“
She caught sight of the glint of mischief in his eyes. Her own eyes narrowed. “You already do, don’t you?”
laugh

“Nothing. Just… you’re taking this differently to what I expected.”
“How so?” she asked.
“I thought you’d be mad.”
Well…he’s not been dating her, so…

Groaning in humiliation, she sunk down onto the couch and buried her face in her hands as another thought occurred to her.
“Oh god. I did the dance of the seven veils for Superman.”
evil He didn’t look like he’d mind.

“I can help you there,” she cut him off. “Face it, Clark. Your excuses stink. For someone who spends his whole life lying to everyone around them, you’re actually really bad at it.”
“I don’t like lying.”
She disregarded him, caught up in her own train of thought.
clap

At least she still had the memory of his pheromone-induced declaration of love…
She sat bolt upright. The pheromone. The 100% solution that he’d been sprayed with was supposedly permanent, at least on humans. She’d seen Clark barely an hour after he’d prevented Miranda from spraying the city and he’d shown no signs of being affected by the pheromone. So either it had worn off extremely quickly, or he’d never been affected in the first place…
Ooooh! That was a bolt from the blue! hyper

She smiled sleepily as she slid back down in the bed and snuggled into her pillow. Life was about to become very, very interesting…
[Linked Image]

- - -
Umm…Feli?

That was fun!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Very nice follow-up to the first part! I like how Lois contemplates writing the story only until she realizes what it would do to Clark. That sequence is incredibly effective, from how she could almost feel the medal around her neck, to that simple, poignant line which says it all: "Write the story, and destroy Clark Kent."

Love how he admits to using his powers while investigating, and her reaction!

And yes, Lois, I'd say "interesting" is a fair description of what life is going to be now! laugh

~*Monica*~

"Being with you is stronger than me alone."

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard