Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Between the Pages - TOC

My apologies who anyone who thought Lois's language (bluntness) to be a bit coarse.

If case you missed it, in this universe Superman didn't lie and tell Lois he was affected by Miranda's love potion; therefore, Superman didn't profess his undying love to her and make-out with her. Their only kiss was right before he left to defeat Nightfall. It's one of the reasons Lois accepted Lex's proposal without him needing to completely ruin her life first. The Daily Planet wasn't bombed, Lois never went to LNN, and Clark never admitted to her how he really feels. ALL because Lois never thought she had a real chance with Superman. Hence, why she realizes earlier he's merely a fantasy.

Comments welcome.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 01/06/16 02:41 AM. Reason: Typo

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Nice to know.

Also, not so nice.

That's perfect! It so succinctly summarizes Clark's Catch-22, doesn't it? Once again, I could vividly see that new sexy photo in my head. Lois makes a lot of important admissions here regarding her relationship with Lex - that has to be encouraging to Clark. I like that they're going to work together now. Reminding Lois of their partnership and closely investigating along side him is certainly a step in the right direction. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

/buckles in for wild ride/
PAUL: So did I after I did the photographs. Boy, what a letdown that one was. I mean, sure, I didn’t expect a black track, but the *trainings hill*? Really?

He caught sight of Jack, who was on a soda break, and waved.
LEX: Who put that vending machine into the break room?

“Interoffice mail,” Jack said, flicking the corner of the envelope where a postal stamp usually went. “No stamp.”
Oops?
CLARK: Umm…smart kid?

“It’s really not all that secure a process.”
So, one could leave poison or explosive devices and some such and it would get delivered right to the newsroom to take out the intended party?
LOIS: No, usually someone of the *other* noisy staff will open it first, trying to steal a story and die from the process. Not that *I* have done something of that sort.

Jack grinned. “Ah, Clark. You know we don’t have any secrets here at the Daily Planet,” he teased.
Was that one of the corporate culture seminars LexCorp tried to introduce last week? It failed because the Editor in Chief vanished the therapist.

Jack had been dropping hints that he knew Clark’s secret.

“We also don’t repeat them haphazardly,” Clark responded. “If we did, someone could get hurt.”
Ooooh! Threat!
JACK: I din’t see anythin’! I still need me private parts!

“Will do, Clark. You going to tell me what this is about?” Jack asked.

No.

“We’ll see,” Clark said,
So, still with the lying?

Even a blackmailer didn’t deserve a death sentence for threatening Lois.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Keeping secrets was certainly a recipe for marital disaster, but he knew Lois’s fiancé was already holding much back from her. As Clark wouldn’t mind if Lois and Luthor broke up, he would actively encourage Lois’s behavior, especially since she had turned to him, Clark, for help.
He’s quite the happy schemer, isn’t he?
CLARK: I’ve watched many an Ivory Tower with Lois.

Jack had delivered one more picture after lunch and a fourth before the end of the day, saying he thought it was best if it didn’t wait until the next day.
Oh boy.
CLARK: hyper drool

In the fourth, she gave the camera a suggestive look while holding a banana.
shock
Also, Gilmore Girls on Spring Break:

Clark wasn’t sure of the blackmailer’s motives for continuing to send Lois photos throughout the day – one at her apartment the night before, one at the office before work, one after lunch, and one after at the end of the work day.
To give Clark something to look forward to and to distract him from finding the source of the photos.
CLARK: You mean, stop me from finding the remaining photos that I would so love to see?
BLACKMAILER: [Linked Image]

Was the blackmailer just trying to remind Lois that he had quite a few of these photos or was he doing it to drag out her torture?
Maybe he doesn’t like her and prefers some sadistic pleasure?
MRS. COX: [Linked Image]

Paul Bender worked in corporate media relations for some bank, writing press releases touting how wonderful the bank was for foreclosing on so many delinquent mortgage holders.
So, grade-A job?
PAUL: I get paid by the press release. You’d be surprised how many press releases you can write about each individual foreclosure.

Next, he merely had to narrow down the list of everyone else who could possibly have a grudge against Lois, or Luthor, to those with means and opportunity, not to mention the smarts not to leave any traces, but not enough smarts to leave Luthor well alone.
So, Kyle Griffin and Bill Church, Jr?

He shouldn’t have been surprised, but it had been so long since she had visited his apartment, it had fallen out of the range of possibilities.
Well…he now owes her and she always collects.

“Have you found the negatives yet, Clark?”
Couldn’t he use his heatvision to heat the city to the point where the negatives (and the remaining photos) melt and/or combust?

“I’m still looking for the blackmailer,” he confessed, shutting the door and following her down the steps.

“I knew I shouldn’t have passed this on to you,” she snapped, continuing into his kitchen.
yeah, he’s useless without his coattails to hang on to.

She buried her face in her hands. “What must you think of me?” she mumbled.
CLARK: drool

She scoffed, “The story of my life.” She poured herself another generous glass of wine. “I’ll never be stupid enough to be hoodwinked by another con man again.”
LEX: wave
CLARK: Maybe I shouldn’t reference Lex in the future. Ever.

Clark shifted uncomfortably in his shoes. He could name two men in Lois’s life who were lying to her; one was her fiancé and the other was him.
Yeah, but he’s not a conman. Just a liar.

So what if they’re published in Love Fortress. They aren’t even that risqué.
What part about ‘that is only the start’ didn’t he get?

She lifted up her head and glared at him. “Would you be saying the same thing to Superman, if someone said that they had naked photos of him that were up for sale?”
CLARK: My mom would never sell those pictures of me playing with the garden hose while I was in kindergarten!

“You’re na…n… nude?”
Duh!

Her lips pressed into a straight line. “No.” She swallowed another gulp of wine.
No? help

“But I might as well be.” She reached into her jacket pocket and drew out another manila envelope that she promptly slapped against his chest.
Oh boy.

While her chest was in shadow, it cast a mighty-fine silhouette of her bare chest. He could even see the bright whiteness of her bikini bottoms… underwear.
Well…Oscar winners have shown more.

I might as well change my name, move to Kansas, and become a farmer’s wife.”
CLARK: [Linked Image]
MARTHA: Don’t be silly, dear! With those photos, you’d be an outcast in the entire church community!
CLARK: *Mom*!
MARTHA: Don’t you ‘Mom’ me and go help her!

“Oh.” She poured herself another glass.
That’s the third glass of wine, isn’t it? Has she eaten before or is she going on an empty stomach?

“I’d never be able to look my friends and colleagues in the eye again,” she went on.
Because their eyes would be focused on other parts of her body?

picking up the half-full wine bottle and removing it to his kitchen.
laugh

His brow furrowed. “Haven’t I always been nice to you?”

“I have a Godzilla doll that proves otherwise.”
CLARK: I could have had you *fired* for that. Sending you to dig in the dirt *was* being nice.

“God! You saw right off the bat that something was wrong and we hardly speak anymore… and he… he…”
LEX: confused That’s what therapists are for.

“Why am I marrying him?” she asked, throwing her hands up in exasperation.
CLARK: huh (If I told her what I think, she might hit me.)

He’s my hero, but he’s not even real!”
shock
LOIS: It’s the wine talking. And the self pity. You should have seen my mother when she was slushed.

“He’s a school girl fantasy.
/imagines Superman dressed as a catholic school girl with a cape/ rotflol

Clark couldn’t help staring at her in surprise. He rated second…Well, technically, first and second… above Luthor? Above her fiancé?
LOIS: I haven’t kissed Lex.

Nice to know.

Also, not so nice.
Maybe if he made more of an effort as Clark.

If Miranda’s Revenge spray had worked on him and he had pulled me into his embrace, professing his undying love…”
But he did do that. Kind of.

He’s good for rescues and high adrenaline stuff…”

Like kissing? Clark wondered.
Or a booty call?

“But for the day-to-day real world? Eating breakfast or just hanging out? Someone I can spend the day with, go for walks in the park with, laugh with? Someone I can both discuss the issues with and bare my heart to, and then cuddle up next to and watch a movie with? Nah. I can’t picture it.” She threw her hands into the air again. “So, that isn’t love either. Trust me, I wish it could be, but it isn’t.”
Well…neither is an illicit affair. Unless the not-in-a-relationship party starts to want more.

Clark knew he should just keep his mouth shut, but the words fell out before he could stop them. “Then why are you marrying him?”

“I’m not marrying Superman!” Lois roared with sudden laughter and then froze, staring at Clark. “Why? Did he say something?”
laugh

“Of course!” Lois scoffed. “Well, okay, not really. Lex doesn’t like to debate things. There’s his opinion and his opinion. He’ll tell you a hundred reasons why you’re wrong until you change your mind, but he never changes his.”
So, a keeper, then?

She rested her hand briefly on his knee.

“It’s not important.” He tried to think how to segue back to his investigation of the blackmailer but his mind went blank.
Oh, look! She found his off-switch laugh

Actually, most surveys say that sex rate declines after marriage, and I’m just fine with that!”

Having her sex rate decline from zero?
rotflol

“Ha! Marriage is a contract; always has been. A business arrangement between two like-minded people for the betterment of their lives,” Lois said.
Did she just compare it to solicitation?

Clark decided that Lois was too upset by this discussion
‘upset’. ‘slushed’. Same difference.

“I don’t need a man’s protection!” retorted the woman currently being blackmailed for a million dollars.
clap

“Because he’s rich?”

“Don’t be an ass, Clark.”
Well…if she put out *before* the marriage, he’d have no incentive to marry her.

“I’m marrying him because I don’t love him!”

Huh?
evil

“Self-preservation, Clark! He can’t break my heart if I don’t give it to him!”
Sounds reasonable.

“Then why get married at all?”

“I… I… I…” she sputtered.
See?

Why get married at all if this is how you feel about marriage?”

Lois looked down at her shoes. “Because he asked me.”
CLARK: Huh.

Clark’s mouth opened to say the most obvious of responses, but then closed it for his own self-preservation.
‘He had asked, too’?

He didn’t want to draw himself personally into their discussion, no matter how sorely he was tempted. He opened his mouth again, but couldn’t think of a single thing to say, so he closed it again.
Hey, I just realized. If Lois dumped Lex and married Clark, the photos would become worthless to LFI.

Her eyes rose to his. “If I don’t marry Lex, I could fall in love with someone else.”

Clark held her gaze. And?
Yes. That.

Clark wanted nothing more than to pull her into his arms and promise to do everything in his ability, which was saying a lot, never to hurt her if given the opportunity to love her.
But he will keep lying to her about his identity until the kids fly out of the nest. Literally.

was a huge omission, or what she would call a lie,
clap

“And what if that someone else isn’t a con man, but a man who wants nothing more than your happiness?”

Lois drew in a breath as she stared into his eyes. “Superman doesn’t date,” she whispered.
A bit fixated, aren’t we? What if he dated her as Superman, then transformed into Clark and dumped her? That way, she’d be disillusioned about the hero and ready to date Clark? peep No?

“Let me walk you home.”

“I drove.”
Hey look! She got slushed on purpose. Now she has to stay the night and the blackmailer will have more photos of her. This time, on how she twotimes her fiancé.

Her gaze narrowed. “Yes, we. Do you think I’m going to sit idly by while there’s some stranger out there with naked photos of me?”

“You said you weren’t naked in them.”

She shrugged. “A figure of speech.”
She was always wearing her panties, so she’s not naked?
LOIS: See?

“You had all day, and this is all you found out?”
He’s useless without a coat.

She pouted. “But I want to do the stakeout.”
Said with a slur.

“You’re insane. You know that, right?”
LOIS: Bud…aaadorrable!

Lois hooked her elbow around his as they walked down the stairs. “I’ve missed you, Clark Kent.”

He smiled.

The feeling was mutual.
Drunk Lois is fun!
PAUL: No. And I’ve tried.

Again, what’s with this ‘End of part’ thing…?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
groobie: Thanks for reading. jump
Originally Posted by BtP
Nice to know.

Also, not so nice.

That's perfect! It so succinctly summarizes Clark's Catch-22, doesn't it? [/quote] It's wonderful that Lois thinks he's a wonderful kisser, but she's still only sharing her kisses with Lex. So, not to nice. Lois is so good at torturing Clark without knowing it.

Once again, I could vividly see that new sexy photo in my head.
Thanks. smile

Lois makes a lot of important admissions here regarding her relationship with Lex - that has to be encouraging to Clark. I like that they're going to work together now. Reminding Lois of their partnership and closely investigating along side him is certainly a step in the right direction. /Agrees with this direction/
So, you don't think Clark will win and Lois will go home to bed. /glances at boards/ Nope. Still Gfic. wink

I'm glad you enjoyed Lois's confessions.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Hi, Michael. Are you sure your FDK isn't longer than this part? LOL. I don't mind. smile

/buckles in for wild ride/
Wild? Um... okay.

PAUL: So did I after I did the photographs. Boy, what a letdown that one was. I mean, sure, I didn’t expect a black track, but the *trainings hill*? Really?
LOIS: What is he whining about? He hit a homer with Linda.

LEX: Who put that vending machine into the break room?
MRS. COX: Don't worry, Lex. You own the soda company, the bottling company, and get 95% of the vendor's profits.

Oops?
CLARK: Umm…smart kid?
Sometimes it's the obvious that slip right past us. Plus, Clark was kind of distracted by the semi-naked photos of Lois.
CLARK: I was not!
LOIS: You weren't?
CLARK: help

So, one could leave poison or explosive devices and some such and it would get delivered right to the newsroom to take out the intended party?
LOIS: No, usually someone of the *other* noisy staff will open it first, trying to steal a story and die from the process. Not that *I* have done something of that sort.
I’m sure, they’ve tightened up security recently.

Was that one of the corporate culture seminars LexCorp tried to introduce last week? It failed because the Editor in Chief vanished the therapist.
Only the CEO is allowed secrets.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by BtP
Jack had been dropping hints that he knew Clark’s secret.

“We also don’t repeat them haphazardly,” Clark responded. “If we did, someone could get hurt.”
Ooooh! Threat!
JACK: I din’t see anythin’! I still need me private parts!
No, a warning to protect him from blabbing.
LEX: Same thing. What do you know, kid?

So, still with the lying?
What? He basically said ‘maybe.’ Jack’s chances are 50/50. Sometimes, that 50% loses.

LOIS: /And he wonders why I chose Lex/
CLARK: But death is so… deadly. People don’t come back from that.
LEX: He’s so cute. Just like a puppy that Lois CANNOT have.

He’s quite the happy schemer, isn’t he?
CLARK: /shrugs/ I learned from the best.
CLARK: I’ve watched many an Ivory Tower with Lois.
lol

Oh boy.
CLARK: /hyper/ /drool/
Lunch? Robbery? Fire? Nope, Superman didn’t see or hear a thing.

Also, Gilmore Girls on Spring Break: /apparently, no real bananas on Spring Break/
So, Lois can’t act cute?

To give Clark something to look forward to and to distract him from finding the source of the photos.
CLARK: You mean, stop me from finding the remaining photos that I would so love to see?
BLACKMAILER: /uh/
BLACKMAILER: It’s strange, but ever since I sent those photos to Lois, Superman has stopped working. Interesting.

Maybe he doesn’t like her and prefers some sadistic pleasure?
MRS. COX: /has no idea who that could describe/
Perhaps.

So, grade-A job?
PAUL: I get paid by the press release. You’d be surprised how many press releases you can write about each individual foreclosure.
No, I’m sure he comes up with “contests” that ensure people deposit more of their money and have little return.

That’s actually a pretty narrow list.

Well…he now owes her and she always collects.
I didn’t know Lane was short for Lannister.

Couldn’t he use his heatvision to heat the city to the point where the negatives (and the remaining photos) melt and/or combust?
Actually, that amount of heat might damage other things as well.
JIMMY: My camera! mad

yeah, he’s useless without his coattails to hang on to.
So true.

CLARK: /that you’re a delicious as ever/
Pretty much.

LEX: /wave/
Just Lex?
CLARK: Maybe I shouldn’t reference Lex in the future. Ever.
Sounds like a plan.
TEMPUS: And we all know how well heroes plan? Right, they don’t.

Yeah, but he’s not a conman. Just a liar.
LOIS: Potato, tomato.

What part about ‘that is only the start’ didn’t he get?
Perhaps he can’t believe modest Lois would bare it all for a man she didn’t sleep with.

CLARK: My mom would never sell those pictures of me playing with the garden hose while I was in kindergarten!
lol clap
DIANA STRIDE: Get ‘em while their cheap.
LOIS: Phishaw. Those are of Clark.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by BtP
Her lips pressed into a straight line. “No.” She swallowed another gulp of wine.
No? /help/
Because Lois NEVER lies.

Well…Oscar winners have shown more.
LOIS: Oscar winners are professionals. Yep, you heard me!

CLARK: /thinks that’s a great idea!/
MARTHA: Don’t be silly, dear! With those photos, you’d be an outcast in the entire church community!
CLARK: *Mom*!
MARTHA: Don’t you ‘Mom’ me and go help her!
CLARK: They’d forget in a week or fifteen.
MARTHA: Go wash that lying mouth out with soap, Clark! And GO help that woman!

That’s the third glass of wine, isn’t it? Has she eaten before or is she going on an empty stomach?
This will be covered in the next part.

Because their eyes would be focused on other parts of her body?
clap
RALPH: I don’t know what they’re talking about. I’ve NEVER looked Lois in the eye. They say that’s when wild beasts attack.

CLARK: I could have had you *fired* for that. Sending you to dig in the dirt *was* being nice.
True.

LEX: /confused/ That’s what therapists are for.
Dr. CARLIN: wave

CLARK: /huh/ (If I told her what I think, she might hit me.)
Or call him 3-letter names.

LOIS: It’s the wine talking. And the self pity. You should have seen my mother when she was slushed.
LOIS: No, wait. Strike that. I don’t want anyone to meet my mother.

/imagines Superman dressed as a catholic school girl with a cape/
rotflol
SUPERMAN: I make this look good.

No?

Maybe if he made more of an effort as Clark.
He’s not good at that.

But he did do that. Kind of.
Not in this story.

Or a booty call?
I’m sure Lois wouldn’t turn him down.

Well…neither is an illicit affair. Unless the not-in-a-relationship party starts to want more.
LOIS: So, Superman wants to skip relationship for a full on illicit affair. I can accept those terms.
CLARK: I didn’t… er… HE didn’t say that!

So, a keeper, then?
So, in this way, Lex is just like Lois.

Oh, look! She found his off-switch
I thought it was ‘on’. It’s why his mind went blank.

Did she just compare it to solicitation?
LEX: Sounds about right. I’m still paying for Arianna.

‘upset’. ‘slushed’. Same difference.
He’s too polite to take advantage of a drunk friend.

Well…if she put out *before* the marriage, he’d have no incentive to marry her.
LOIS: No! Michael. That’s not nice.

Sounds reasonable.
Clark’s breaking heart disagrees.

CLARK: Huh.
Women can’t say ‘yes’ if the question is never popped.

‘He had asked, too’?
Nope. In this story, Lois accepted Lex before Clark could pour out his heart on the park bench.

Hey, I just realized. If Lois dumped Lex and married Clark, the photos would become worthless to LFI.
SPENCER: You paid HOW much for semi-nude photos of some square reporter? Wow. You’re fired.

Yes. That.
Exactly.
CLARK: You say that like it’s a bad thing.

But he will keep lying to her about his identity until the kids fly out of the nest. Literally.
LOIS: Don’t be ridiculous. Why would we live in a nest?
CLARK: [Linked Image]
A bit fixated, aren’t we? What if he dated her as Superman, then transformed into Clark and dumped her? That way, she’d be disillusioned about the hero and ready to date Clark? /peep/ No?
No, I doubt that would work.

Hey look! She got slushed on purpose. Now she has to stay the night and the blackmailer will have more photos of her. This time, on how she twotimes her fiancé.
LOIS: At least I won’t be nude in these photos.
CLARK: No?

She was always wearing her panties, so she’s not naked?
LOIS: See?
Exactly.

He’s useless without a coat.
Or a cape.

Said with a slur.
No, Lois always wants to investigate.

LOIS: Bud…aaadorrable!
CK: Okay. I can’t deny that.

Drunk Lois is fun!
PAUL: No. And I’ve tried.
She’s not drunk. She’s tipsy.

Again, what’s with this ‘End of part’ thing…?
I know it's been a while, but that's what I usually write at the end of parts. Would you rather have ‘BTC’?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Are you sure your FDK isn't longer than this part?
[Linked Image]

Wild? Um... okay.
There’s a Clark, a Lois, and nude photographs involved. huh

LOIS: What is he whining about? He hit a homer with Linda.
PAUL: Yeah, but there was no challenge. Anyone could do a homer with her and she doesn’t put that much effort into the game.

Sometimes it's the obvious that slip right past us.
LOIS: That never happens to me!

Plus, Clark was kind of distracted by the semi-naked photos of Lois.
CLARK: I was not!
LOIS: You weren't?
CLARK: /thinks that either answer will terminate the of El-line for good/
laugh

What? He basically said ‘maybe.’ Jack’s chances are 50/50. Sometimes, that 50% loses.
You mean like with a trick coin?

LEX: He’s so cute. Just like a puppy that Lois CANNOT have.
LOIS: Good doggie! Good! Now, go and do some more business in Lex’s *other* shoe.

So, Lois can’t act cute?
No, she can. I’m just not sure Clark is ready for it.

BLACKMAILER: It’s strange, but ever since I sent those photos to Lois, Superman has stopped working. Interesting.
Wouldn’t it be fun if Lex was the blackmailer?

No, I’m sure he comes up with “contests” that ensure people deposit more of their money and have little return.
Oooooh!

That’s actually a pretty narrow list.
Well…you *were* pretty specific.

I didn’t know Lane was short for Lannister.
LOIS: Did you never notice that my mother had blonde hair?

Actually, that amount of heat might damage other things as well.
JIMMY: My camera! /has gotten quite the sunburn/
LOIS: But just to be sure…it *would* get rid of the photographs, yes?

LEX: /wave/
Just Lex?
Well… [Linked Image] was more of a sleezeball, her Irish ex was a delusional psychopath.
PATRICK: Hey! The mask *worked*! I was *not* delusional.
That shrink wasn’t out for personal gain, more like, *very personal* gain, and yeah…that’s it? Who am I missing?

Perhaps he can’t believe modest Lois would bare it all for a man she didn’t sleep with.
He’s in good company.
CLARK: So she *did* sleep with him.
LOIS: I never slept with him!
LUCY: And since I never fall asleep at my boyfriend’s place, I can’t get pregnant, either!
CLARK: dizzy They may call up bumpkins, but at least when growing up on a farm, we know about…things.

LOIS: Phishaw. Those are of Clark.
Same mole, huh?

Because Lois NEVER lies.
LOIS: Being creative with the truth isn’t lying.

LOIS: Oscar winners are professionals. Yep, you heard me!
rotflol

CLARK: They’d forget in a week or fifteen.
MARTHA: Go wash that lying mouth out with soap, Clark! And GO help that woman!
CLARK: *Fine!* But can I at least keep the photos when I find them?

RALPH: I don’t know what they’re talking about. I’ve NEVER looked Lois in the eye. They say that’s when wild beasts attack.
rotflol So, dead either way?

SUPERMAN: I make this look good.
LOIS: I want proof!

No?
LOIS: He kissed *me*. On the cheek. When I can’t run away fast enough.

ER: But he did do that. Kind of.
EW: Not in this story.
Oh.

LOIS: So, Superman wants to skip relationship for a full on illicit affair. I can accept those terms.
CLARK: I didn’t… er… HE didn’t say that!
laugh

So, in this way, Lex is just like Lois.
LOIS: sick
Ooooh! Clark’s in love with Lex clap

ER: Oh, look! She found his off-switch
EW: I thought it was ‘on’. It’s why his mind went blank.
rotflol

ER: Well…if she put out *before* the marriage, he’d have no incentive to marry her.
LOIS: No! Michael. That’s not nice.
LEX: And so *untrue*! If I didn’t marry her, she’d still be available for Superman.
CLARK: So you’re not loving Lex and you don’t find his company all that pleasant but you’re also claiming to not be marrying him for his money, so… confused

Nope. In this story, Lois accepted Lex before Clark could pour out his heart on the park bench.
Oh. Yeah…that kind of got lost…

CLARK: You say that like it’s a bad thing.
LOIS: help peep

LOIS: Don’t be ridiculous. Why would we live in a nest?
CLARK: /is even more literal than I would have guessed/
clap

No, Lois always wants to investigate.
Like whether Clark is wearing boxers or briefs?

I know it's been a while, but that's what I usually write at the end of parts. Would you rather have ‘BTC’?
rotflol And a link to the next part would be much appreciated hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great chapter clap clap clap...

I really enjoyed their conversation at Clark's apartment. How there has been some distance, they haven't been the friends that they once were, but yet--even with a fiance--Lois still is drawn completely to Clark. Wants to talk to Clark. Feels most comfortable with Clark.

You did a fantastic job, Viriginia, of maneuvering through the conversation notworthy. Giving us bits of all that is really going on right now between them--their distance, while at the same time, their closeness. Along with the stress that Lois is under--from the photos, but also, from her new job, her loneliness, and her fiancé. Then Clark...loving Lois, of walking that line of wanting to knock some sense into her, but also of not wanting to make decisions for her. And you did all this with a healthy dose of chemistry added to the mix smile.

Some of my favorite lines:

He opened the door with his most cheerful tone, “Hi, Lois.”

“Well?”

He didn’t like small talk, anyway.

LOL--that last line, Clark's thought, was priceless lol.

She buried her face in her hands. “What must you think of me?” she mumbled.

“The same as I did before seeing them,” he admitted. “Only now, I know that a con man took advantage of you when you were younger.”

How great of an answer was this? Gotta love Clark clap.

“I’d never be able to look my friends and colleagues in the eye again,” she went on.

“You haven’t scared me off yet,” he replied, picking up the half-full wine bottle and removing it to his kitchen.

“Yeah. What’s up with that?” Lois asked, staring at him as she took a sip of her wine. “Why are you being so nice to me?”

His brow furrowed. “Haven’t I always been nice to you?”

“I have a Godzilla doll that proves otherwise.”

Clark laughed, and then shrugged. “Well, that was before I really knew you.”

Ha! Hilarious...and really like the friendship here between them twins.

Awesome job notworthy!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Oh, good, I didn't scare you off. Phew! wink

Great chapter
Why, thank you. [Linked Image]

I really enjoyed their conversation at Clark's apartment. How there has been some distance, they haven't been the friends that they once were, but yet--even with a fiance--Lois still is drawn completely to Clark. Wants to talk to Clark. Feels most comfortable with Clark.
Lex has unknowingly (unwittingly) rejected her in her hour of need and she has no one else she can turn to but the one person who has agreed to help her.

You did a fantastic job, Viriginia, of maneuvering through the conversation notworthy. Giving us bits of all that is really going on right now between them--their distance, while at the same time, their closeness. Along with the stress that Lois is under--from the photos, but also, from her new job, her loneliness, and her fiancé. Then Clark...loving Lois, of walking that line of wanting to knock some sense into her, but also of not wanting to make decisions for her. And you did all this with a healthy dose of chemistry added to the mix smile.
Thank you. blush

Some of my favorite lines:
hyper I mean, well, if you insist. [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by LMA
Originally Posted by BtP
He didn’t like small talk, anyway.
LOL--that last line, Clark's thought, was priceless lol.
Clark's more sarcastic in his head.

How great of an answer was this? Gotta love Clark
That's why we all keep coming back, because he's so wonderful.

Ha! Hilarious...and really like the friendship here between them
Yes, and also the pain. She's leaving him and their friendship for this other man who is so unworthy of her.

Awesome job notworthy!
I just love reading your comments. It's like you know exactly what to say to drag my muse back from her extended vacation. Thank you.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard