Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Between the Pages - TOC

Many thanks to Iolanthealis for Beta Reading this for me.

This story is 4 parts long, plus an Epilogue (hence 4.5) and I plan on posting once every week.

Comments are always appreciated.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/29/15 07:20 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
D
Blogger
Blogger
D
I really like the premise and I'm looking forward to more. This was my favorite part:
“Mr. Luthor worries about your safety, Ma’am,” Susan corrected. “And you’re no longer a reporter.”

Clark took a large step backwards, out of the blast radius.

Lol!

Kerth
Kerth
clap OMG...I love this! I'm completely hooked already!
Clark suspected Susan was there more in a spying capacity despite, or maybe because, she was too good at her job.
I suspect Susan is actually sitting at her desk all day shipping Lois and Clark and writing naughty fanfic about them. laugh Soooooo, what's in your deleted scenes file, Virginia, and why isn't there an nfic version of this story? devil

So many great lines in this story...you've really captured the time period and the tension between them based on the status of their non-relationship during this extended engagement between Lex and Luthor. Clark's continued love for Lois shines through, and Lois' emotional reaction to the photos feels very real. The description of the first photo made it come to life as playfully sexy, but hinting at something more. The second photo - gosh, your description of Clark's reaction to it was EVERYTHING! I could absolutely see the photo in my head, but also how he would see it - the dream he would have of her rolling out of his bed, grabbing his shirt, and quickly typing up an important story, and how he would wish desperately that the scene could actually someday be their reality.

Waiting for more of this fic is going to be absolute torture! I want it NOW!!! grovel

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Cannot wait for more. Such a good start. I also hope this ends in that photo actually being played out for Clark grin

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Susan is an interesting new character and will bear watching. From the looks of it, she is trying to intimidate the newsroom staff.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
You know, Clark could easily solve his dilemma with Lois and Luthor by simply making sure the photos go to Leo Nunk so they get published before the wedding. Win-win.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! New fic! hyper

Between the Pages
Hmm… a ‘page’ is sometimes called ‘sheet’. This means the title can also be ‘Between the Sheets’ hyper

Description: Lois and Clark team up to prevent a potential scandal from Lois’s past from reaching her fiancé’s attention.
The one where a famous superhero was caught in-flagrante with an award-winning reporter?
NUNK: It was one of my finest articles smile1
BATMAN: [Linked Image] Selina was *not* happy about that one.

It had been too many weeks since Perry’s retirement bash when Lois had told Clark flat-out to ‘get over’ her engagement to Lex Luthor. She was marrying the billionaire and that was that.
Wait, it’s about Lois and *LEX*? cat [Linked Image]

If Clark couldn’t see how the man had rescued them all when he had bought the paper, then she no longer wanted to be partnered with him.
[Linked Image] Oh, that’s Clark repeating Lois’s sentiment, isn’t it?

Clark had steadfastly refused to apologize for speaking the truth. Fat lot of good it did him.
To be fair, had he spoken the truth about *other* things, she might have listened to these truths as well. So, it’s kind of his own fault, isn’t it?

It was his fault, Clark knew. She had always been stubborn; it was one of the endearing traits that he had learned to love about her.
Because he likes his women opinionated because their angry face is usually quite attractive? Plus, makeup sex?

short of out-right lying to her about his true opinion of the Daily Planet’s new owner.
But isn’t he lying already?
CLARK: It’s not lying if I do not use words my mother forbade me from using to refer to other life forms. Or animal waste products.

Luthor had made Lois editor after Chip had been unable to handle the writing and grammatical side of being the editor-in-chief.
And Lois can? The grammar part, that is. I think she might have used sexual favors to garner that position.

Clark would never understand how the woman whose copy he had corrected on a daily basis while they were partners could do Perry’s job,
See? Even Clark thinks she’s sleeping herself to the top.
MINDY: My hero!

but Lois claimed that the position was only temporary until Luthor could find a suitable replacement for their former boss.
Not for her, then?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

That had been two months ago and Clark doubted that Luthor wanted his future missus to ever investigate again.
LEX: It’s much safer that way.

Did Luthor think that a management position would knock the drive out of his fiancée? Would it? Clark hoped not.
Who know? But it certainly gets him to do a lot of dog shows.

“Kent! My office! Pronto!” Lois called as she passed through the newsroom.
clap

Clark’s chin jerked up so fast in surprise, his neck actually pinched for a split-second.

“Today, Kent!” Lois roared again. “Jimmy, hold all my calls!”

“Yes, boss!” Jimmy replied. “I’ll tell Susan.”
She got Perry down pat, doesn’t she? Can you imagine her managing the Luthor household, or her husband? Poor Lex.

Clark suspected Susan was there more in a spying capacity despite, or maybe because, she was too good at her job.
He’s quite distrustful, isn’t he?

Since Susan’s hire two weeks previous, Lois rarely left the Daily Planet building during the day.
It’s because Susan keeps Lois busy with properly planned schedules and lunch deliveries.
LOIS: Plus, I’ve not got my own stockpile of chocolate in my own office.

Clark had repeatedly asked that she call him ‘Clark’ during those rare moments they were alone, but so far she had stubbornly refused.
It’s unprofessional and Lois is nothing if not a professional.
NUNK: And I’ve got the classifieds ads from her college days to prove it!

She plopped down in her chair in what had all the telltale signs of exhaustion. How had he missed the dark circles under her red eyes, the haphazard way she had applied her lipstick as if her hand had been shaking, and her slouched defeated demeanor?
Is she doing drugs?

“Nothing’s wrong, Kent, and it’s Ms. Lane to… to…” Her eyes closed and her shoulders slumped. “Nobody. I could never lie to you, Clark,” she murmured.
Huh? Yes. Mood swings. She must be on drugs. /checks google/ Yep, she’s doing Meth, all right.

“I can recall a time or two you had no difficulty doing so,” he replied softly.
He thinks that’s a wise thing to say?

She didn’t rise to his bait and even half-smile. “I’m in trouble,” she continued.

Clark’s heart stopped for a split-second. ‘I’m in trouble’ didn’t necessary mean pregnancy in Metropolis as it often did when whispered about unwed women in Smallville.
rotflol It does, if she is engaged to a billionaire and the baby was conceived by an infamous superhero.
BRUCE WAYNE: I swear, if I catch her again with Batman, I’ll…I’ll…
SELINA: …marry me?

Anyway, if Lois was pregnant she and Luthor could just move up their wedding date. It wasn’t as if it was far off anyway.
Totally inconspicuous.

“Do you need me to contact Superman?” he asked.
Because she doesn’t know how to reach the father? Oh, right, he thinks the little one is made-by-Luthor.
CLARK: Hey, I said she’s not…sick

“Not a story,” she went on. “Because it’s too newsworthy.”
Huh?

“Why not ask your fiancé for assistance?”
She wants the creep caught, not eviscerated?

She put her briefcase into her lap and gazed down at it, as if hoping she could hide behind it. “It’s private.”
She’s had done ‘artistic’ photographs and doesn’t want Lex to see them?

Reluctantly, she pulled a manila envelope out of her briefcase and set it on the desk. “This was slipped under my apartment door during the night.”
NUNK: With what I’m going to get from Lane for not sending those classifieds to her fiancé, I can retire in the Carribean.

“I… I told Lex that I…” She swallowed. “Uh… wanted to wait until… um… our honeymoon… to…”
Yes, but he doesn’t think she’s still a virgin, does he? I mean, the Claude incident must be well know in the greater Metropolitan area, right?

“You told Luthor you’re a virgin?” Clark guessed.
shock And he believed her?

Lois quickly nodded. “Not in so many words, but I’m sure he thinks…” Her voice petered out.
OTOH, yes, he must think she’s…well…he’s not going to marry her for her horizontal abilities…
LEX: You’re telling me she *hasn’t* slept with Superman? [Linked Image] No wonder the poor fellow spends his night out in the sky, looking for something to do. I wonder, if I supplied him with a willing replacement to Lois Lane…

Okay. That wasn’t exactly honest. Clark wasn’t sure of that in the least.
Hoping to break them up, huh?

“Well, while we didn’t go all the… um… way… he did convince me to pose for some risqué pictures.
He did? She did? shock thud

. It was just a game, he said. A flirtatious way to get me to feel more comfortable in my skin to get me to relax around him,” Lois said.
Yes, taking risqué photos but not going all the way? Smart girl.

“He told me there wasn’t any film in his camera.” She took a deep breath and exhaled. “He lied.”
See? Today you don’t have those issues.
PAUL: I’m going to delete those pictures from my Claude™ account right after our photo session is done. I swear!

Clark drew in a sharp breath as both of them looked down at the envelope on the desk.
CLARK: Nudie pics of Lois!

As he pulled open the flap of the envelope, a couple of latex gloves landed on the desk in front of him.
Oh? They’ve been doing kinky stuff?

“How dirty are these photos, Lois?” he teased, raising a brow.
laugh

“Why don’t you take it to Detective Henderson at the MPD if you don’t want to risk fingerprints?” he asked, putting on the gloves.
Right. Henderson. The MPD. Like they wouldn’t need the picture for ‘evidence’.

I’m selling the negatives to Love Fortress, International.
I wonder…What if Paul had them developed at a photo kiosk and they stole the negatives?

he stared at the camera with an expression Clark had only seen in his dreams… and while Lois had been high on pheromones.
Oh boy.

He swallowed his thudding heart back into his chest and set down the print. “That isn’t so bad.”
Yes, but she knows what *other* pictures she had taken.

“That was one of the tamer shots,” Lois revealed.
CLARK: thud

“Of course!” she growled. “I hunted him down and confronted him this morning. He claims the camera with the photos still in it was stolen during his senior year at Metropolis U.”
Oops?

That’s why he started LNN and bought the Daily Planet to make sure the coverage about him and LexCorp wasn’t slander-based.”
But it’s not slander if she really took those photographs.

Clark stared at her, wondering if she heard the words coming out of her own mouth.
Oh, right. Free press.

“So, you’re admitting that he bought the Daily Planet to get favorable press?”

“You’re twisting my words!” she said, standing up and leaning towards him.
Like any good attorney would.

Lois crossed her arms and tried to out-glare him into caving. It didn’t work. She had asked him for his assistance, after all. She sat down. “He’d be mortified, Clark. Humiliated if these came to print.”
He? Also…
CLARK: [Linked Image] Lois isn’t concerned about her own image, so…

Clark picked up the photo. “Personally, I think it’s sexy.”
They were *supposed* to be sexy!

She snatched the picture out of his hand and stuffed it back into the envelope.
laugh

He’ll understand that after dealing with scum such as Paul and Claude, you wanted to know his intentions were honorable and not a means to an end.”
Also, she gets way more money in a divorce than when he dumps her before the wedding for the next starlet that comes along.

“I’m not paying this scumbag! I want you to find the photos and steal them back.”

“Aha! Grand larceny.
Because they’re worth a million dollars?

You’re a nobody.
Quite the diplomat. Can’t wait to see her dealing with upper management.

He crossed his arms and stared at her in disbelief. She really didn't listen to what she said, did she?
LOIS: My time is more important than to spend it listening to stupid drivel.

“Mail call!” he said, handing Lois a pile of letters including another manila envelope.

A petite firestorm of a blonde secretary stormed into the office after Jack and grabbed the stack of mail out of Lois’s hands. “I’ll take those!
Uh-oh.

“It’s okay, Susan. I can open my own mail,” Lois said, holding out her hand. Delegating to anyone not named Jimmy wasn’t Lois’s strong suit.
rotflol

“Ms. Lane,” Susan said, standing her ground and holding out her hand. “What if that envelope is laced with a deadly poison or an explosive? If you let me do my job properly, your safety won’t be at risk.”
Really? She’s happy to play the taste tester for the boss?
SUSAN: I did a lot of tasting the Boss to get this job.

“Susan went through Army ROTC, Kent.
Oh? And now she works for a crook?

She’s trained in handling explosives and to expect danger to come from anywhere,” Lois explained.
Lex worried someone might kidnap Lois?
LEX: It’s not *that* farfetched a notion.

“Don’t worry, Susan, I’ll have Mr. Kent here open the envelope and we’ll know in a few minutes whether someone was trying to kill me… by whether he’s still alive.”
rotflol

“Mr. Luthor worries about your safety, Ma’am,” Susan corrected. “And you’re no longer a reporter.”

“Don’t call me ‘ma’am’!” Lois roared, pointing to the newsroom. “Out!”
[Linked Image]

“You know, I’ve been thinking that you probably have enough to go on with that first photo…”

Clark picked up his discarded latex gloves and put them back on. Then he held out his hand.
He’s evil.

Lois eyed him warily. “Why weren’t you attracted to me when we were sprayed by that love perfume?”
He’s into superheros?

“You didn’t even respond when I did the dance of the seven veils.”
Back on the farm, boys are mean to girls they like?

“I’m different than they are. I woo differently.”
He ignores them.
CLARK: To be fair, it worked on Cat.
LOIS: A pulse works on Cat.

Lois straightened her spine. “Just curious. You didn’t seem any different than you normally do.”

He lowered his voice to a suggestive tone, “Maybe that’s because I’ve been wooing you since day one.”
clap

There was a certain sexy librarian / secretary vibe to it or, in Lois’s case, reporter.
He’s so going to file those images away in his mind for later use.

the more it appeared as if Lois had jumped out of bed with a brilliant idea and headed straight to her computer to write it up without bothering to get dressed in more than the first shirt she found beside her bed.
A guys shirt. A guy she’s slept with.
CLARK: Hey, it *could* be my shirt!

A shirt that could’ve easily been taken off Clark’s chest.
See?

He could picture a scene where he walked out of her bedroom, still wiping the sleep from his eyes, to find her so.
That!

She moved next to him to peer at the photo from over his shoulder. “I was afraid my underwear was showing.”
She was wearing *underwear*?

Clark closed his eyes. “No.”

“That’s good, at least.”
Unless, it’s not showing underwear because it only shows naked skin?

“It doesn’t appear to have another note enclosed. I’m going to… uh…go…” He pointed to the door with his thumb. “— get started.”
Yes. Right. Uh-huh.

At the door, he turned back to her. “I’m going to catch this guy, Lois.”
But will they find him afterwards?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

It wasn’t until he was back at his desk that he remembered that she wasn’t his to protect, no matter what his wishes might be. That honor belonged to Lex Luthor.
sick

***End of Part 1***
[Linked Image]

Umm…I…this is…umm…slightly longish FDK? I’m sorry about that.

and I plan on posting once every week.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by groobie
her rolling out of his bed, grabbing his shirt, and quickly typing up an important story,
Like how she just discovered Superman's secret identity? evil
CLARK: cat help

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great start! Love this story so far.

“The truth is, Clark, the blackmailer obviously knows me and will see me coming from a mile away. You’re a nobody. You’re invisible. You’re so open and honest; nobody would ever suspect you of having an ulterior motive.”

He crossed his arms and stared at her in disbelief. She really didn't listen to what she said, did she?

lol

rotflol

Lois needed Clark Kent to save her, and he wasn’t going to let her down.

No matter how she treats him... that's Clark.

Looking forward to your next part. Only 6 more days...

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
datasprite: Thank you. I'm glad you liked this beginning and Clark's humorous take on that line.

groobie: Oh, my! No pressure there. blush

I suspect Susan is actually sitting at her desk all day shipping Lois and Clark and writing naughty fanfic about them.
lol (Also, I'm afraid I'm out of bounds with today's lingo. What does "shipping Lois and Clark" mean? Or is this another Autocorrect fail?)

Soooooo, what's in your deleted scenes file, Virginia, and why isn't there an nfic version of this story?
Um... well, actually, that quote was in reference to Wrong Clark (another reason why I haven't posted a new part in that story for so long). More about that Nfic Distraction once I begin posting that story again...

So many great lines in this story...you've really captured the time period and the tension between them based on the status of their non-relationship during this extended engagement between Lex and Luthor. Clark's continued love for Lois shines through, and Lois' emotional reaction to the photos feels very real. The description of the first photo made it come to life as playfully sexy, but hinting at something more. The second photo - gosh, your description of Clark's reaction to it was EVERYTHING! I could absolutely see the photo in my head, but also how he would see it - the dream he would have of her rolling out of his bed, grabbing his shirt, and quickly typing up an important story, and how he would wish desperately that the scene could actually someday be their reality.
Thanks. That's exactly how I pictured it.

Waiting for more of this fic is going to be absolute torture! I want it NOW!!!
Sorry, I cannot comply. Part 4 is currently with Beta, so I don't want to get ahead of myself. I'll post again Wednesday, wasn't it? (checks dates) Ooops! I guess it's Tuesday. I better get prepping!

KatherineKent: Thanks.

Cannot wait for more. Such a good start. I also hope this ends in that photo actually being played out for Clark grin
So does Clark. evil
CLARK: Wait. What? EW, I *never* said that. Thought it maybe, but those words never came out of my mouth... anywhere near... or within hearing distance... of any human!

Morgana: Perhaps, like many other former military personnel, Susan finds the disorganization and lack of rule following in the private sector as highly annoying.
JIMMY: I'll keep an eye on her, if you'd like.

Lara Joelle Kent: Yes, well, I doubt Lois would see Clark handing over these private pictures to the National Whisper as a win for herself... or Clark's life expectancy.

Darth Michael: My response to you will have to be in another reply window. Thanks for the lengthy feedback. hyper

cuidadora: I'm glad you're enjoying it. smile
No matter how she treats him... that's Clark.
Yes, well, yes. Perhaps we can get Lois to change her tune by the end of this story, shall we? wink

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And now back to Darth Michael's FDK...

Darth Michael: wave Thanks for your patience. Apparently, kids expect their mom to spend time with them instead of writing during the winter holidays. huh Who knew?

Oooh! New fic! /makes EW nervous with all his excitement/
Again... no pressure there. [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by BtP
Between the Pages
Hmm… a ‘page’ is sometimes called ‘sheet’. This means the title can also be ‘Between the Sheets’
Firstly, yes, of paper. Secondly, Gfic boards, so no.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by BtP
Description: Lois and Clark team up to prevent a potential scandal from Lois’s past from reaching her fiancé’s attention.
The one where a famous superhero was caught in-flagrante with an award-winning reporter?
NUNK: It was one of my finest articles smile1
BATMAN: /Despite being Batman/ Selina was *not* happy about that one.
lol Good thing you meant Batman, because it would be difficult for Clark not to know if Lois cheated on him with Superman.

Wait, it’s about Lois and *LEX*? /ER not happy with this situation/
Oh. Did I forget to mention it was set during the end of S1? Oooops.

Originally Posted by er
Originally Posted by BtP
If Clark couldn’t see how the man had rescued them all when he had bought the paper, then she no longer wanted to be partnered with him.
/confused/ Oh, that’s Clark repeating Lois’s sentiment, isn’t it?
Yes. Clark repeating Lois's words to him.

To be fair, had he spoken the truth about *other* things, she might have listened to these truths as well. So, it’s kind of his own fault, isn’t it?
OBI WAN: From a certain point of view.

Because he likes his women opinionated because their angry face is usually quite attractive? Plus, makeup sex?
Clark likes a challenge. Also, he wanted me to let you know that he wasn't first-hand familiar with the concept of make-up sex.
CLARK: I did not say that! [Linked Image]

But isn’t he lying already?
Only lying by omission.
LOIS: So, yes.

CLARK: It’s not lying if I do not use words my mother forbade me from using to refer to other life forms. Or animal waste products.
Let's just say, he's trying to avoid a certain topic of conversation.
CLARK: Lois's stupidity in her choice in men?

Originally Posted by er
Originally Posted by BtP
Luthor had made Lois editor after Chip had been unable to handle the writing and grammatical side of being the editor-in-chief.
And Lois can? The grammar part, that is. I think she might have used sexual favors to garner that position.
Lex was hoping.
JIMMY: She must have. I mean she's engaged to the boss.
CLARK: nuum... num... num... I cannot hear you!

No. Clark thinks she's earned preferential treatment by her fiance`.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by BtP
but Lois claimed that the position was only temporary until Luthor could find a suitable replacement for their former boss.
Not for her, then?
LOIS: /finds this concept quiet funny./
Replacement of Perry not Lex's fiancee.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by BtP
That had been two months ago and Clark doubted that Luthor wanted his future missus to ever investigate again.
CLARK: True, if she's able to investigate, she might discover what a scumbag her fiance is.

Who know? But it certainly gets him to do a lot of dog shows.
I'm sure there can't be dog shows every week in Metropolis.
LOIS: No, there's also cat shows, car shows, boat shows, and graduations.

She got Perry down pat, doesn’t she? Can you imagine her managing the Luthor household, or her husband? Poor Lex.
She isn't allowed to manage her boss.
LOIS: mad Boss?

He’s quite distrustful, isn’t he?
/shrugs/ It's his nature.

It’s because Susan keeps Lois busy with properly planned schedules and lunch deliveries.
LOIS: Plus, I’ve not got my own stockpile of chocolate in my own office.
LEX: Susan, you're fired! My fiancee has gained 10 pounds since your hire!

PERRY: lol

LOIS: Let me see those! *Linda!*

Is she doing drugs?
Well, she is engaged to Lex.
LOIS: No!
CLARK: So, you dumped him?
LOIS: What? No. No, Clark, to the drugs.
CLARK: Oh. That 'no'.

Huh? Yes. Mood swings. She must be on drugs. /checks google/ Yep, she’s doing Meth, all right.
When would she have the time?

He thinks that’s a wise thing to say?
He's trying to get her to smile. /crickets/ yep and failed.

It does, if she is engaged to a billionaire and the baby was conceived by an infamous superhero.
Why would Bruce Wayne marry Selina if Lois was pregnant with Batman's child?

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by BtP
Anyway, if Lois was pregnant she and Luthor could just move up their wedding date. It wasn’t as if it was far off anyway.
Totally inconspicuous.
CAT: Well, that explains the quick nuptials! [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by BtP
“Do you need me to contact Superman?” he asked.
Because she doesn’t know how to reach the father? Oh, right, he thinks the little one is made-by-Luthor.
CLARK: Hey, I said she’s not…/sick/
No, because he's hoping it has to do with capturing her fiance.

She wants the creep caught, not eviscerated?
Well, then, she'd have to admit that that outcome was possible.

She’s had done ‘artistic’ photographs and doesn’t want Lex to see them?
Something like that.

NUNK: With what I’m going to get from Lane for not sending those classifieds to her fiancé, I can retire in the Carribean.
There's no photos in classifieds.

Yes, but he doesn’t think she’s still a virgin, does he? I mean, the Claude incident must be well know in the greater Metropolitan area, right?
LOIS: No!
CAT: Yes.
LOIS: Oh, No!
LEX: Yes.
LOIS: eek No!

And he believed her?
She thought so.

OTOH, yes, he must think she’s…well…he’s not going to marry her for her horizontal abilities…
He does have Mrs. Cox for that.
LOIS: What?

LEX: You’re telling me she *hasn’t* slept with Superman?
Not for lack of trying.

LEX cont.: No wonder the poor fellow spends his night out in the sky, looking for something to do. I wonder, if I supplied him with a willing replacement to Lois Lane…
Willing isn't the problem.
LEX: A-Ha! I happen to know a pretty little Assistant D.A. who can't stand Superman.
SUPERMAN: No, that's not what EW... What? Someone doesn't like me?

Hoping to break them up, huh?

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by BtP
“Well, while we didn’t go all the… um… way… he did convince me to pose for some risqué pictures.
He did? She did? /shock & thud/
There's the reason Paul dumped Lois so quickly for Linda. She was too much effort.

Yes, taking risqué photos but not going all the way? Smart girl.
Actually, that is better, isn't it?

See? Today you don’t have those issues.
PAUL: I’m going to delete those pictures from my Claude™ account right after our photo session is done. I swear!
So sad. /shakes head/

Clark pictures headline: CLARK KENT WINS LOTTO!

Oh? They’ve been doing kinky stuff?
lol That's exactly what I wanted you to think. evil

Right. Henderson. The MPD. Like they wouldn’t need the picture for ‘evidence’.
LOIS: Exactly!
NATIONAL WHISPER: The MPD is looking for the person who is trying to sell these photos of an anonymous woman. Please take a good look at the photos and if you know who might have the negatives, please contact Henderson at the MPD.

I wonder…What if Paul had them developed at a photo kiosk and they stole the negatives?
Wouldn't they just steal an extra set of prints?

Yes, but she knows what *other* pictures she had taken.
Yep.

“That was one of the tamer shots,” Lois revealed.
CLARK: /thud/
Yep. More photos.
CLARK: hyper

But it’s not slander if she really took those photographs.
Yes, but what everyone will say and assume based on those photos would be.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by BtP
Clark stared at her, wondering if she heard the words coming out of her own mouth.
Oh, right. Free press.
LEX: Don't be ridiculous. I make them pay 75 cents.

Like any good attorney would.
Clark's a smart cookie. Kryptonian chip.

He? Also…
CLARK: /evil thoughts/ Lois isn’t concerned about her own image, so…
EW: Of course Lois is concerned, she just knows that Lex wouldn't be concerned on her behalf.
CLARK: So, she's marrying him?
EW: No, no. I mean, she isn't concerned because...
LOIS: I know I look good.
EW: No, no!
LOIS: shock I don't?
EW: No, of course you do.
CLARK: Of course she does!
EW: Clark! No, I mean, she doesn't want to admit that she's concerned.
LOIS: Right. That's why.
CLARK: Oh.

They were *supposed* to be sexy!
Well, it worked.

Also, she gets way more money in a divorce than when he dumps her before the wedding for the next starlet that comes along.
BENDER: Before you walk down the aisle, my dear, can you just sign this pre-nup, saying that Mr. Luthor can see with whomever he pleases, but you can't even look at another man? Thanks.

Because they’re worth a million dollars?
Actually, it's much lower than that. In NYC, it's $1000.

Quite the diplomat. Can’t wait to see her dealing with upper management.
LEX: Oh, she won't be working after the honeymoon. She'll be too busy getting the nursery ready.
LOIS: I don't garden.

LOIS: My time is more important than to spend it listening to stupid drivel.
LEX: Isn't she wonderful?

Really? She’s happy to play the taste tester for the boss?
SUSAN: I did a lot of tasting the Boss to get this job.
Ooooh! Low blow. peep

Oh? And now she works for a crook?
The ARMY doesn't pay as much.

Lex worried someone might kidnap Lois?
LEX: It’s not *that* farfetched a notion.
Exactly. Her wedding ring cost a small fortune.

He’s evil.
No. He's addicted.

He’s into superheros?

Back on the farm, boys are mean to girls they like?
I thought that was elementary school.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by BtP
“I’m different than they are. I woo differently.”
He ignores them.
CLARK: To be fair, it worked on Cat.
LOIS: A pulse works on Cat.
clap True.

He’s so going to file those images away in his mind for later use.
Doesn't have to. Photographic memory.

A guys shirt. A guy she’s slept with.
CLARK: Hey, it *could* be my shirt!
She didn't sleep with Paul.
CLARK: Yeah!

She was wearing *underwear*?
Yes.
LOIS: What part of "I didn't sleep with Paul" did you not understand?

Unless, it’s not showing underwear because it only shows naked skin?
The shirt was long enough to cover everything Clark hasn't seen before.

Yes. Right. Uh-huh.
Or perhaps wait for the next photo to arrive.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by BtP
At the door, he turned back to her. “I’m going to catch this guy, Lois.”
But will they find him afterwards?
CLARK: /sheepishly blushes/
You mean you think CLARK has the negatives?! Now, that's a twist I wish I *HAD* thought of! Oh, you mean the blackmailer... or did you mean, Clark after he got hold of the negatives or the blackmailer?

ER: /sad that this part has come to an end.

Umm…I…this is…umm…slightly longish FDK? I’m sorry about that.
I'm not! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by EW
and I plan on posting once every week.
ER: /still sad/
I'm still waiting for Part 4 to come back from Beta.

Originally Posted by ER
her rolling out of his bed, grabbing his shirt, and quickly typing up an important story,
Like how she just discovered Superman's secret identity? evil
CLARK: cat help
rotflol clap

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for your patience.
smile1 That was easy. I found the FDK-FDK ready for when I woke up this morning laugh

Apparently, kids expect their mom to spend time with them instead of writing during the winter holidays.
laugh That’s what the giant heaps of presents are for? wink

Again... no pressure there.
[Linked Image]

Firstly, yes, of paper. Secondly, Gfic boards, so no.
Also, why we only get descriptions of the photographs. That and it’s a written story anyway so, never mind wink

Good thing you meant Batman, because it would be difficult for Clark not to know if Lois cheated on him with Superman.
laugh
CLARK: I keep my two personalities strictly separated.

Oh. Did I forget to mention it was set during the end of S1? Oooops.
[Linked Image]

Yes. Clark repeating Lois's words to him.
Maybe in italics?

OBI WAN: From a certain point of view.
LOIS: /points at Luke/
LUKE: From a certain point of view? cat

Clark likes a challenge. Also, he wanted me to let you know that he wasn't first-hand familiar with the concept of make-up sex.
CLARK: I did not say that! /Hopes to keep the image of being a very patient man. It has worked so well for Lex and Lois./
LANA: Let’s see…barn photos…

Let's just say, he's trying to avoid a certain topic of conversation.
CLARK: Lois's stupidity in her choice in men?
LOIS: I can’t be *that* stupid. I didn’t chose Clark, after all but I did chose Superman.

No. Clark thinks she's earned preferential treatment by her fiance`.
By sleeping with the Boss.

CLARK: True, if she's able to investigate, she might discover what a scumbag her fiance is.
LEX: Lois, my darling. I’m not trying to manage your office, but you should really reconsider that Kent fellow. He doesn’t seem to be able to grasp more than the obvious concepts.

I'm sure there can't be dog shows every week in Metropolis.
LOIS: No, there's also cat shows, car shows, boat shows, and graduations.
laugh

She isn't allowed to manage her boss.
LOIS: /makes a note for their first marriage counseling session/ Boss?
laugh

LOIS: Plus, I’ve now got my own stockpile of chocolate in my own office.
LEX: Susan, you're fired! My fiancee has gained 10 pounds since your hire!
Yes. That one laugh

PERRY: /thinks his former top reporter has sold out, too/
CLARK: See? Even Perry agrees that you’re exchanging sexual favors for personal gain.

LOIS: Let me see those! *Linda!*
LINDA: What? I signed them Lola Lane. Wouldn’t use my *own* name while making money.

When would she have the time?
Well…given that Meth is a stimulant, she’d have the extra time to pop some now and then. They used it excessively during WWII.

It does, if she is engaged to a billionaire and the baby was conceived by an infamous superhero.
Why would Bruce Wayne marry Selina if Lois was pregnant with Batman's child?
huh To shift blame? No idea. Apparently, it worked better on paper.

ER: She wants the creep caught, not eviscerated?
EW: Well, then, she'd have to admit that that outcome was possible.
laugh

EW: There's no photos in classifieds.
Different blackmail.

He does have Mrs. Cox for that.
LOIS: What?
laugh
LEX: I always outsource.

Willing isn't the problem.
LEX: A-Ha! I happen to know a pretty little Assistant D.A. who can't stand Superman.
SUPERMAN: No, that's not what EW... What? Someone doesn't like me?
clap Purrfect!

There's the reason Paul dumped Lois so quickly for Linda. She was too much effort.
Likes them quick and easy, huh?
LOIS: And apparently, the ‘easy’ part was more important.
LINDA: Huh?
LOIS: Case and point.

ER: Yes, taking risqué photos but not going all the way? Smart girl.
EW: Actually, that is better, isn't it?
That depends on the sort of proof you’d like out there.

Clark pictures headline: CLARK KENT WINS LOTTO!
laugh

EW: That's exactly what I wanted you to think. /is an EW/
Okay, that one kind of was self-referential.

NATIONAL WHISPER: The MPD is looking for the person who is trying to sell these photos of an anonymous woman. Please take a good look at the photos and if you know who might have the negatives, please contact Henderson at the MPD.
laugh

Wouldn't they just steal an extra set of prints?
To better sell them later on?

Yes, but what everyone will say and assume based on those photos would be.
That she’s a little sex kitten?
CAT: Copyright!

Clark's a smart cookie. Kryptonian chip.
laugh He just needs to watch out that Lois takes the Kryptonian chip brand and not the store brand Kryptonite chip. They put them in the shelves right next to each other.

EW: No, no. I mean, she isn't concerned because...
LOIS: I know I look good.
EW: No, no!
LOIS: /Doesn’t like thinking about how she looks in the morning/ I don't?
clap

BENDER: Before you walk down the aisle, my dear, can you just sign this pre-nup, saying that Mr. Luthor can see with whomever he pleases, but you can't even look at another man? Thanks.
BENDER: Can have some ketchup with that, please?

Actually, it's much lower than that. In NYC, it's $1000.
Oh? So, Lois stealing a laptop with secret files on it would land her in the Big House?

LEX: Oh, she won't be working after the honeymoon. She'll be too busy getting the nursery ready.
LOIS: I don't garden.
OFFICE PLANT: [Linked Image]

EW: Ooooh! Low blow. /hides mind in gutter/
Thank you smile

ER: He’s evil.
EW: No. He's addicted.
To Lois?
CLARK: huh
Even if it will cost him his sanity?

I thought that was elementary school.
LOIS: And the difference being…?

LOIS: What part of "I didn't sleep with Paul" did you not understand?
CAT: The one between then the quotes.

The shirt was long enough to cover everything Clark hasn't seen before.
From the way she behaved during the Pheromone incident, likely even less.

You mean you think CLARK has the negatives?! Now, that's a twist I wish I *HAD* thought of!
That *would* have been fun!

Oh, you mean the blackmailer... or did you mean, Clark after he got hold of the negatives or the blackmailer?
The blackmailer.

I'm not! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
smile1

(Also, I'm afraid I'm out of bounds with today's lingo. What does "shipping Lois and Clark" mean? Or is this another Autocorrect fail?)
‘ship’ is short for ‘relationship’. ‘Shipping’ is making two characters into a couple, either because they’re on screen or because the audience wants them to be. E.g. Lex/Clark shippers (they are few and far between on these boards, though. But I think there’s more of them over on fanfic boards concerned with Smallville). So the entire office waits for some kissing noises to come out of Perry’s office. Like they did when he and Rahelia where alone during the Pheromone incident. It's also often related to cutesy couple-names for the respective ship, e.g. Clois.
CLOIS: Ribbit! Ribribit!*)

*) Hey, that name and ship is taken!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This-Is-Great! clap clap clap

I'm (still) playing catch-up from over the holidays (and from lovely rounds of sickness at our house crazy ). But, boy, I am really glad that I found this tonight dance.

Really interesting idea for a story. Loving the premise. The BATP/HOL timeframe is such an emotional ride for both Lois and Clark. So many feelings, so many misunderstandings. So much miscommunication. A story like this, where Clark is on Lois' side, trying to help her, while she is engaged to Lex? Brilliant--such a great change from how separate their lives become for awhile in canon.

Great descriptions of the photos. And that second one, wow. Clark's fantasy grin. I agree...here's hoping it becomes a reality.

I'm going to really enjoy catching up on this one clap...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Laura: Thank you. Sorry to hear that you're battling the cold-monster in your house. Hope everyone feels better soon!

This-Is-Great!
Awww. Shucks. blush

I'm (still) playing catch-up from over the holidays (and from lovely rounds of sickness at our house crazy ). But, boy, I am really glad that I found this tonight
Me, too. smile

Really interesting idea for a story. Loving the premise. The BATP/HOL timeframe is such an emotional ride for both Lois and Clark. So many feelings, so many misunderstandings. So much miscommunication. A story like this, where Clark is on Lois' side, trying to help her, while she is engaged to Lex? Brilliant--such a great change from how separate their lives become for awhile in canon.
I figured that once emotions calmed down (and if they were still working together at the Planet, they'd have had time for that to happen), Clark might realize that telling Lois that she's wrong about Lex might not be the best approach to get her to see the truth.

Great descriptions of the photos. And that second one, wow. Clark's fantasy grin. I agree...here's hoping it becomes a reality.
CLARK: You and me both. drool Oh, sorry. Did I say that aloud? My bad.

I'm going to really enjoy catching up on this one
Thanks. I hope I don't disappoint. Speaking of which, I need to prep part 4.5 if I'm going to post it this weekend.

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard