Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark visits a thrift store to donate some clothes and sees Lois looking for used clothes and then buying some. What does he think? Is she cheap? Is it for undercover work? Is she actually out of money and he feels obligated to do some personal charity work? Some other reason? Do the truth and the assumption match? Also works the other way around.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
It would be a good excuse for his horrendous ties! Or for the "appropriately cheap" clothing she wore as Angel.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Perhaps they aren't buying something for undercover work; instead, they are actually there under cover -- they are looking into some sort of scam.

I know that around here, in RL, Goodwill (and perhaps other thrift stores as well) employ people who are not generally considered employable because of their mental challenges. Suppose a fictitious Goodwill counterpart (Badwill?) advertised that they did something similar, and received donations from other businesses and/or had a lot of customers because of their claim, but they really were doing something bad? Perhaps they were mistreating their special employees, or shortchanging them their salaries because they figured they could get away with it? (Yes, in RL, most such employees would have family members and/or government agencies who would quickly realize what they were doing, but this is the L&C-verse.)

Lois or Clark is really in the store to observe and to try to interview some of the employees. This is exactly the sort of story that I could see Clark going for in a big way.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard