Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#267899 12/11/15 05:31 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I remember reading somewhere here on the boards a post of yours in which you mentioned the writing/imaginative skills of one of your kids (please, tell me it was you and that I'm not affected by an early form of Alzheimer's!). Today I found this comic and it made me think of him (there's even a Superman mention!) smile

[Linked Image]

source (Love her, by the way!)

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
HiddenMoon #267905 12/12/15 02:14 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Thanks for thinking of me and the kids. Cute comic! I love how I can imagine the older dinosaur's expression changing with each panel when in actuality it's basically the same.

Yes, I have a daughter who likes to tell me her dreams... for a half hour or more at a time (and usually before my morning coffee). And my son likes to re-enact his stories using his Lego creations.

My daughter recently had to write a Halloween story for school to read to the kindergartners. (She's in 5th grade.) Her original concept was close to Wrong Clark (or at least Missing Lois) in scope. (Perhaps I'm exaggerating a tad.) She had 3 days to create the characters, plot, and 2 drafts of the story before typing it up. Needless to say, she was a little stressed out. (IMHO, I'd be too on such a deadline. I'm not so well versed with brevity as our illustrious Lynn SM is, you might have noticed.) We were finally able to trim enough off the plot that it was still doable as a picture book in that amount of time. The final story was quite cute and involved magical costumes that made a naughty hamster into a pirate and a good husky into Superdog (Really, NOT my idea.)

I'm honored that you thought of me/us. smile

Last edited by VirginiaR; 12/12/15 02:15 AM. Reason: fixed emoticon

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
HiddenMoon #267909 12/12/15 09:54 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Virginia,

Wow! I don't think I've ever been called "illustrious" before. blush Thank you.

Your daughter is already following in your footsteps. Brava to both of you. How was her story received? Did she decide to expand upon it on her own without the deadline? And was Superdog like either Krypto or Underdog? (Does anyone else here remember the old "Underdog" cartoon? Perhaps it was a portent of what was to come, but I remember loving that show even before I had ever heard of Siegel and Shuster's most famous creation.)

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard