This is a sequel to Lois Lane's Secret. You may want to read that story first, if you haven't already.

Clark Kent's Secret (1/1)
By Lois_Lane_Fan
Rated: G

Disclaimer: All characters belong to DC Comics and Warner Bros.

A Lois stepped out of the women's restroom after changing into her Wonder Woman costume, she gazed out into the newsroom to see who had worn what to the Daily Planet's annual Halloween party. She immediately spotted Perry wearing the same costume he wore every year - an Elvis costume. Over in the corner, Cat was wearing a belly dancer costume. Lois chuckled to herself, thinking that the costume wasn't all that different than the outfits Cat usually paraded herself around in every day. Standing next to her was Jimmy, who was wearing a Batman costume, though he didn't fill it out nearly as well as the real Batman. Lois continued looking around, searching for Clark wearing the Superman costume Cat had told her about.

She saw several men dressed as Superman, but none of them were Clark. It seemed to be a popular costume this year, so much so that Lois felt a bit sorry for Clark that he hadn't selected something more unique or memorable. As Lois continued searching for Clark, she suddenly heard his voice from behind her.

"Hi there, Wonder Woman. Pull off any amazing rescues lately?"

Lois spun around and saw something she hadn't expected to see. It was Clark, but he wasn't dressed as Superman at all. Instead, he was wearing a pirate costume, complete with an eye patch, a sword, and a parrot on his shoulder.

"What happened to Superman?" Lois asked.

"Superman? Is he supposed to make an appearance tonight?" Clark replied. "How did Perry manage to get him on the guest list?"

"I meant your costume," Lois explained. "Cat told me that she'd seen you wearing a Superman costume earlier today."

"She told you what!" Clark shouted, suddenly looking quite nervous.

Lois wasn't sure exactly why he appeared to be so distraught over Cat discovering his Halloween costume ahead of time. It wasn't as if it was some national secret or something. And even if Clark had wanted to surprise everybody, he had clearly accomplished that by changing costumes. The only reason he'd be this upset would be if Cat was right and he actually was Superman. But that couldn't be, could it? Lois grabbed him by the arm and pulled him closer.

"Dance with me." She spoke the words as if it was an order rather than a request.

"Lois, I would love to dance with you, but I think I need to talk to Cat for a moment first," Clark stammered.

"Cat can wait," Lois answered, not letting his arm go.

"I suppose," Clark relented.

Suddenly, Lois removed the pirate hat from his head and placed it and her own head. Clark found this to be odd, but what she did next took him even more off guard. She placed her hands behind his head and untied his eye patch.

"What are you doing?" Clark asked nervously as he attempted to grab the eye patch back from Lois. She stuffed it down her shirt, the one place she knew a gentleman like Clark would never place his hands, before he could get it back, though.

"It'll be much easier to dance without your vision being blocked," Lois told him. "How is it that you seem to see just fine without your glasses, by the way? I'd have expected to see you bumping into things or something, but you appear to get along just fine without them."

"Well..." Clark started to speak, but Lois interrupted his explanation.

"Clark, without your glasses on, you look a lot like Superman. I'm surprised I've never noticed it before," Lois added, knowing for sure that she was on to something and immensely enjoying watching Clark squirm at this point.

"Don't be silly, Lois," Clark answered. "Superman and I have totally different eye colors. You yourself once said that I have a mud brown shade of eyes."

"That was incredibly rude of me, Superman," Lois replied, snickering a little as she called Clark Superman for the first time.

"Don't call me that, Lois, especially in front of all of these people," Clark spoke in a whisper. "They might think that you're serious."

"I am, Superman," Lois answered. "I'll bet your wearing the costume right now underneath your Halloween costume."

Lois began unbuttoning Clark's shirt to test her theory. Clark attempted to button each button back as quickly as she unbuttoned them, but she saw what she had wanted to see anyways - a shirt with a bright red S on it. She smiled brightly as she discovered that she was, in fact, correct. There was a Superman costume beneath his pirate costume.

"Why, Clark Kent, I do believe I've uncovered your secret," Lois declared. "But don't worry. It's safe with me."

The End