Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.1 Lord Of The Fly's.

Not a bad episode. It's fun watching Clark, Lois, Mallory Keaton and company VS wannabe General Zod and his army. This episode was nice in that instead of trying to make it a big world conquering thing which they didn't have the budget for, they made it more personal. It was also a good idea to use Smallville instead of Metropolis since everything is set there in this show. I thought the visual of the krytonian palaceship was handled brilliantly, and the acting was good, except for a rare misfire on Teri Hatcher's part. I didn't find it funny when Jimmy failed to work out that Clark and Superman are the same person. Again. SHOULDN'T THAT BE COMMON KNOWLEDGE BY NOW? Oh well, I'll just Frozen it (Let It Go). Anyway, it was written well enough, and I look forward to the next episode.

7/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.2 Battleground Earth.

That was a satisfying conclusion to the New Krypton arc. Lord "I'm an overgrown 5 year old" Nor got what he deserved, as did his most loyal followers. Particularly good moments included Lois kicking Major Lethal Gas in the balls and Clark coming back from being Star Trek transported. If nothing else, right now, I'm just glad the hangover from Season 3 is over with, and I can now watch something new, especially since if I'm right, I have never seen the next episode.

7/10.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.3 Swear To God, This Time We're Not Kidding.

Oh, utter crap. The Wedding Destroyer was an awful villainess. The acting, writing, and direction of this episode were worst of any episode yet, and what the Hell was Mike supposed to be? The actual wedding vows were nice though. This episode made no sense, and I just kept wondering if someone slipped a mind altering substance into my Pepsi. This episode was a huge letdown. I'm going to invent a time machine so I can go back and tell my past self not to watch this.

I hate to say this: 1/10. I know, I know, but what can I say? The wedding was nice, so it deserves a point for that. But only that.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 11/15/15 12:35 AM.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by Suggs_With_A_Box
I just kept wondering if someone slipped a mind altering substance into my Pepsi.

Give Coke a try next time wink
(You're right, though!)

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
I just kept wondering if someone slipped a mind altering substance into my Pepsi.

Give Coke a try next time wink
(You're right, though!)

LOL. Very funny, and I mean that most sincerely.

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.4 Soul Mates.

OK, in the last review I wondered if someone drugged me, in this one I wonder if someone drugged the writer(s). Seriously, a anti-sex soul curse? What on Krypton were they thinking? What next? Lois gets a haircut and her chopped off hair attacks them because it hates rejection? Clark falls in love with Lucy because she and Lois are sisters? Perry and Lois have an affair? How much crazier can this show get? This episode was terrible. They may as well have called it what it was: Superman's Quest For Sex. I'm really hoping the next episode is good.

0/10.

Kerth
Kerth
Ah, I see you've made it to season 4. Enjoy. Or, like many of us, don't. frown These are not the characters DJL envisioned. This is what happens when studio executives interfere with the creative process. Let's see if you can pinpoint when Teri got pregnant and she and Dean had their falling out. You will notice their chemistry fizzling away, and you'll start to see how the actors, whose characters are now married, stop kissing each other. Really, such a shame. frown

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by groobie
Ah, I see you've made it to season 4. Enjoy. Or, like many of us, don't. frown These are not the characters DJL envisioned. This is what happens when studio executives interfere with the creative process. Let's see if you can pinpoint when Teri got pregnant and she and Dean had their falling out. You will notice their chemistry fizzling away, and you'll start to see how the actors, whose characters are now married, stop kissing each other. Really, such a shame. frown

Seriously? Damn!! That is sad. Did they ever make up and become friends again?

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 11/15/15 02:07 AM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.5 Brutal Youth.

Another First Time Viewing (second one, first was Swear To God, This Time We're Not Kidding). I hate writing out episode titles in initials, it takes forever for readers to translate if the don't know every episode title by heart.

I liked this episode. It wasn't great, but it had an interesting premise, and Teri Hatcher did a great job. The guy playing Old Jimmy was great too, almost as though he'd played the role before. It was nice to see Clark making such a sacrifice for Jimmy. I know the show is called Lois & Clark but it is nice when they acknowledge their relationships with others in a bigger way. This episode was fun though, even if not as good as most stuff from the first three seasons.

6/10.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 11/15/15 10:09 PM.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
You were probably joking by the "almost as though he'd played the role before," but just in case you were serious or in case anyone else reading this thread doesn't already know... The guy playing Old Jimmy was Jack Larson, who actually had played the role before. He was the actor who played Jimmy in the 1950's TV series "The Adventures of Superman" (the one with George Reeves as Clark/Superman). The choice of him for Old Jimmy was, I think, a brilliant and fun Easter egg.

Joy,
Lynn

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Let's see if you can pinpoint when Teri got pregnant and she and Dean had their falling out. You will notice their chemistry fizzling away, and you'll start to see how the actors, whose characters are now married, stop kissing each other.

I know, I know! It should happen...
...Starting from 4X18, you can notice a dramatic difference with the Vixen episode, in which they still are all over each other. Am I right? grin
I don't understand though... They drifted apart because of her pregnancy? Or the two things just happen to occur at the same time? confused

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
You were probably joking by the "almost as though he'd played the role before"
I love Suggs' sense of humor rotflol

I hate writing out episode titles in initials, it takes forever for readers to translate if the don't know every episode title by heart.

Thank youuuuu!!! I am one of them... I SO hate acronyms! (even in RL*)
*:Doh! eek

Kerth
Kerth
The complete story involves gossip about the actors, which isn't allowed on these boards. But Google Zoomway Made For Each Other and you can find a detailed description. And yes, HiddenMoon, you nailed it!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooops. Can I just remind everyone that actor gossip is one of the few things we have a rule against on these mbs. There's a gossip section on Zoomway's mbs, if you want to indulge though. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by LabRat
There's a gossip section on Zoomway's mbs, if you want to indulge though.

Thanks, but I'm not interested in this kind of stuff. I only asked because it seemed weird to me that two people stopped getting along just because one of them got pregnant (so much for hormones kicking in! :P). I'd say Groobie pretty much answered me wink

And yes, HiddenMoon, you nailed it!

Yay! cool

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Lynn, I was joking, and I did know he played Jimmy in the original show, even though I've never watched it. I agree that it was a good, fun easter egg that adds to the episode if you know about it but doesn't detract if you don't.

HiddenMoon, or as you shall be known from now on, Moonikins, it's great to have a fan, and nicer still to have one that thinks like me. It's Hell isn't it?

Grobielicious, thank you for the suggestion. I'm reading about it all now. I'm not hugely interested in this sort of thing normally, but in the case of this bone, I'll bite.....

Thanks Labby, nice to hear from you, I promise not to break any rules of the board.

So, after reading that Made For Each Other thing, I just have one question, and if it's against board rules, then don't answer, but I just want a yes or no answer if it's answerable. Are Dean & Teri friends now?

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 11/16/15 09:42 PM.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.6 The People Vs Lois Lane.

I thought I was watching a Superman show, not Law & Order. I guess I was wrong. Seriously, this episode was boring. Having said that, I liked the idea behind it the acting was good, (there was a small moment where Martha's expression was perfectly done, just a silent second that perfectly showed exactly how proud of her son Martha was, just after he gave his speech about how Clark loves Lois and he respects truth, etc) and it was a well executed, if somewhat predictable cliffhanger. I would say I'm looking forward to part 2, but screw looking forward, I think I'll just skip that part and go watch it now.

7/10 thanks to Martha. Would have been 6/10 otherwise.

P.S. Would somebody tell me how 2 farmers have so much airfare money? It makes no sense.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
P.S. Would somebody tell me how 2 farmers have so much airfare money? It makes no sense.

They fly Superman Airlines a lot? I always assume that that is their mode of transport in any episode in which they are in Metropolis and it is neither shown nor said that they came by plane.

What I wonder is how they can spend so much time away from their farm. I guess they keep Wayne Irig and their other neighbours busy.

Joy,
Lynn

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.

They fly Superman Airlines a lot? I always assume that that is their mode of transport in any episode in which they are in Metropolis and it is neither shown nor said that they came by plane.

What I wonder is how they can spend so much time away from their farm. I guess they keep Wayne Irig and their other neighbours busy.

Joy,
Lynn

I assumed that too, but they often mention coming in by plane, which is what made me wonder about the airfare. I assume they have the most successful farm in the world, and can afford all the expensive plane tickets and people working on their farm that they need.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Or maybe they ask Clark to squeeze some coal for them? wink

Joy,
Lynn

S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
4.7 Dead Lois Walking.

In Law & Order: Metropolis, Part 2, SUPERMAN OF ALL PEOPLE BREAKS A WOMAN OUT OF JAIL. After that, it was very much a typical run of the mill episode minus the fun, action and romance. Well, not true, those things were there but not done very well. It was dull, and very predictable. I assume the writers had just given up at this point. I hope I'm wrong, because I want to be able to enjoy the rest of the show. This is not an acceptable episode. Please rewrite it and have it on my desk on Monday morning.

4/10.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard