Next Thread
Print Thread
#267413 11/16/15 06:28 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I remember reading once that Dean deliberately had Superman and Clark use different hands to eat and write. Has anyone ever written a revelation/post-revelation story where that is talked about?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's part of the revelation in my "Strike" stories. (Mobile, so no link, sorry.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Christina
I remember reading once that Dean deliberately had Superman and Clark use different hands to eat and write.
Cool. I never noticed that before. Although, you rarely ever see Superman write and/or eat.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I remember reading once that Dean deliberately had Superman and Clark use different hands to eat and write.

I noticed recently that in Season 1, Clark eats with his left hand, while the clone in Vatman drinks champagne with his right.

In Season 2 in the scene at Lois's Uncle Mike's cafe, Clark uses his right hand to eat.

Addendum: I noticed Season 1 because Clark ate with his left hand but wrote with his right, and seemed right-handed in many other tasks.

Last edited by cuidadora; 11/17/15 10:55 AM. Reason: add addendum

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Huh, I never noticed the difference. I'm left handed and that is one aspect that I usually pick up on. I often wonder how many actors are actually left handed and how many do it for the characters. Now I'll probably have to go back and re-watch the DVD's. smile Sarah

Last edited by sarah; 11/18/15 09:56 PM.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Dean actually addressed the eating with his left hand thing in an IRC chat years back. Here's the snippet:

[19:11] <Chrispat> Are you ambidextrous. We've noticed you eating with either hand in some scenes and you were batting left handed in one episode.

[19:12] <Deancain> Nope. Not ambidextrous... I can switch hit in baseball, and I do eat with my left hand most of the time. Long story behind that one...

[19:12] <laurach> tell us

[19:13] <laurach> ;-)

[19:14] <Chrispat> From Evi and KellyG

[19:14] <Chrispat> What was the funniest/ most crazy thing you have done in your life?

[19:15] <Deancain> My Principal in elementary school had lost his right hand to a meat grinder as a teenager. I was in trouble one day, and he had me in his office. He was writing with his left (good) hand, and I was staring at him. I forgot why I had even been sent in in the first place...

[19:16] <laurach> ah

[19:16] <Chrispat> and?

[19:18] <Deancain> He knew I was staring...all the kids did, and he said to me..."I didn't always write with my left hand. I was a good athlete, like you. Well-liked, like you. But I had an accident, and suddenly, in an instant, my whole life changed. I had to learn how to do everything with my left hand. Suddenly I wasn't so cool. People treated me differently. But I overcame that. Learned how to do things with my left hand."

[19:18] <Chrispat> Wow. That's great

[19:18] <laurach> So did he make you do everything with your left too

[19:19] <Deancain> "And that could happen to you, too, Dean. So think about what you do, how you treat the other kids, and realize that all of this can be gone in an instant." That was it. He let go back to class. I went home that night, and have been eating with my left hand ever since.

The full chat with Dean can be found here.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard