Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Sara

WOW! This is wonderful. smile1 It's good to see her supporting Lois.

And the ending is perfect. So WAFFy! goofy

Thanks for sharing this beautifully written story. I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to reading your next venture. smile

Tricia cool

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
This was marvelous! Congratulations smile

And I love the idea of Ellen as the maternal cavalry. That seemed like the perfect backstory for Ellen and a great way for her to behave.

Great job!

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Fantastic Sara!

I'm with the others on the Lex as safe issue... it makes so much sense.

I hope it's the first of many wink

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Well, what more can I say than that it's just amazing?
Congratulations clap

When I read the first post I couldn't think the rest would be so terrific.

I loved all the Chaos Lois went through on the way to Clarks!
Me too. Great! I LOOOOVE IT!

I can't believe it's your first story. You are really really really really really talented!

I also loved the way you use these sentences using dashes:

When she had been standing in front of the mirror at Lex's penthouse, she had been thinking about Clark-at-work, or teasing-Clark, or being-teased-by-Clark, or watching-Lethal-Weapon-with-Clark, or eating-pizza-with-Clark. She had even thought briefly about kissing-Clark. But, much as that thought both thrilled and spooked her at the same time that was not why she was scared.

No, the reason why she was scared was more... well, more *scary* than that. In all her memories of Clark, she had never thought about Clark-in-the-park-swearing-undying-love-to-her. Or Clark-telling-her-that-he-missed-her. Sure, her daemons had stirred up memories of go-on-Lois-get-in-bed-with-the-devil-Clark, and you're-an-investigative-reporter-Lois-investigate!- Clark</st1:place>, but even those thoughts, obnoxious as they were, had not frightened her as much as the other two had.

The look in his eyes when they were outside on the street - that was even worse than Clark-swearing-undying-love-to-her. That look was one that had never, ever been directed at Lois before, not even by Superman, or Lex - heck, not even by *Clark*!. It was the I-will-love-you-fervently-till-the-end-of-time-whatever-you-say-or-do look. The one that most husbands usually gave their wives when they thought nobody was looking. The look that Lois had often seen on Jonathan Kent's face as he gazed at Martha. The look that she had never seen on Sam Lane's face.
And more like these.

(Maybe this quote a little big, but who cares? laugh )

OK I've already said enough laugh

See you soon, with more beautiful and exciting stories!

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Features Writer
Features Writer
Sara,
wonderful story
I'm late - but I'm glad since I read this after it was fixed
ditto others
welcome to the boards
be prepared to be nagged
merry

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi everybody! smile1

Thank you all so much for your wonderful feedback - talk about an ego boost! I couldnt *believe* jump

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh what a beautiful story. And what of super declaration of love:

"I love you in so many different ways, Lois. I love the way you dive into life, headfirst. I love the way you grin when you're breaking a story. I love the way you refuse to be walled in, changed by all of life's petty expectations. I love the way you care, genuinely care about people, what happens to them. I love the way you insist that your voice be heard in the chorus of humanity. I love the way you never, ever, back down when you think you're right. I love the way you fight for what you believe in. I love the way you babble uncontrollably when you're nervous." He was on a roll now.

"I love your tenacity, your courage, your fire, your passion, your determination, your loyalty. I even love your stubbornness. I love the way you demand that the world be a better place. I love your chocolate fixation, your Lethal Weapon craze. I love the way your hair - " His hand reached out of its own accord and swept the silky strands away from her cheek, replacing it with his fingers… " - falls over your face, I love the way your eyes light up when you're teasing me, I love..." Her hand had come up to cover his… "I love *you*, Lois."
But why a *wrong* man?

Gabriele
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey Gabriele! hyper

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Phew.../makes a perfectly safe landing/ Sorry it took so long, but a fic like this one can't slip into the 'old topics' section before a bird actually manages to fly over here, drop the fish, and go smile1

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Sara,

Very nice smile . I loved Ellen's explanation of how she came to marry Sam and how she told Lois that she didn't have to make the same mistake.

I hope you'll be writing more soon smile

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Blogger
Blogger
clap Great work, Sara.

As others have said, you did such a good job of giving reasonable explanations for Lois, for Ellen's choice, for Clark. It's great when fanfic not only improves the endings but makes some sense out of the middles.

Thank you for a cool story; please write again. claire

"Perfectionism spells paralysis." - Winston Churchill
L
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
L
Nice job!

* once a Lois and Clark fan, always a Lois and Clark fan *
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard