Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
We have several sickies at our house, so it feels like a bummer sort of week. What stories do you go back to when you need a pick-me-up?

For example, I think I have The Newlywed Game by Nan Smith practically memorized.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have a lot of favorites. Nan's 'Wedding Series' is always a good read. They get in a lot of trouble but have each other to lean on to get through it. Another favorite is 'My Inspiration' by StopQuitDont. A really short but fun one is 'Atomic Bomb Lane' by Jessi Mounts. And of course the ever popular 'Tea Totaled' by AnnieM which is a real hoot.

Try some of those and see what you think.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
Heh-heh. So, my typical go-to pick-me-ups aren't usually the lighthearted, fun, WAFFy ones. I like catharsis. goofy Anything by Yvonne Connell on the archives is excellent (her Addicted series in particular is one I've reread a lot, but is too long to get into if you don't have the time). I also love The Elevator, also by Yvonne. As far as light reading goes, I always like to scroll through the Whats new section on the archives, or the themes section. It's got a bunch of short, older fics ( I love Office Tango by Ruth Ellison ) Along with the hundreds of other fics I love.

I'll have to swing back by here when I think of more (because of course there are more).

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Snowbound by Deadly Chakram was probably the first L&C fanfic I read back in the time, the one that made me search for more (and ultimately discover the Boards)-and yes, I prefer the PG version smile. Another favorite of mine fluff-wise is The wedding by Female Hawk.
Get well soon, all of you! love

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahh...Comfort Fanfic smile.

My main go-to (which I have gone to many a time when I needed a quick pick-me-up), is Field of Dreams by Caroline K. I reread the whole story, reread a few scenes, or just find a few of my favorite classic pieces of dialogue--do that, and life is pretty much great again grin.

There is just something I completely love about the style of writing in this story clap...entertains me to no end.

I'll have to give some of these other stories a try though thumbsup.
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 11/03/15 12:36 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by LMA
Field of Dreams by Caroline K. I reread the whole story, reread a few scenes, or just find a few of my favorite classic pieces of dialogue--do that, and life is pretty much great again

I have to agree as that one is one of my favorites also. I must have read it 5 or 6 times. I just love the Jonathan/Martha/Lois interaction in the story. To me Clark is there from time to time but the story really is a Jonathan/Martha/Lois story and I actually love those stories.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great point, Mike. It really is more of a Jonathan/Martha/Lois story than a Lois/Clark story...

I tend to pretty much always focus on the relationship between Lois and Clark when I read fanfic, but because this story is so strong--on so many different levels--I never had even noticed that it centers away from our main characters overall.

It's written in first person--with Lois having a ton of personality--and that is what gets me the most...the word choices, what she is thinking to herself as the story unfolds. How she adjusts to the changes in her life. How she adjusts to the people that she meets. The narration is done flawlessly.

Might just have to reread again sometime (soon wink )...
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 11/03/15 12:47 AM.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
My main go-to (which I have gone to many a time when I needed a quick pick-me-up), is Field of Dreams by Caroline K. I reread the whole story, reread a few scenes, or just find a few of my favorite classic pieces of dialogue--do that, and life is pretty much great again grin.

There is just something I completely love about the style of writing in this story clap...entertains me to no end.
I agree. This is my favorite pick-me-up, too. smile

Another (longer) story that I love is Stardust, also by Caroline K. It's light and fluffy and all the good things in the world. love

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
YES! Thank you for reminding me of this story, Andreia! smile...

It's been a bit since I've read it, but wow, yes, it IS 'light and fluffy and all the good things in the world' (couldn't have said it better myself wink ). Completely wonderful!

Laura

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, guys! I was hoping we were out of the woods, but the child formerly known as HappyBaby is currently asleep on my shoulder and spiking a fever. frown

This *is* my happily ever after.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard