Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
evil

I'm always here!
grin

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi Sue! wave there's a good reason I haven't commented for several parts; it's because I'm busy reading! But now I'm almost caught up and I'll have wait impatiently like everyone else.

I have a feeling Clark is going to have to call in Lois's offer to have his back once the whole truth comes out. Maybe he can remind her that he's not asking her to knock over a liquor store--just to forgive him for lying to her. Hopefully by that point she'll be so grateful that he's not dead from Kryptonite poisoning that she'll be willing to overlook that particular fault. :-)

This *is* my happily ever after.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I love all the interactions between Lois and Superman. He's acting more and more familiar in the suit while she treats him more like "just a friend." Thank goodness he was there at the Planet to save Lois from Lex!

Good to see Jack and Jimmy were there and that Jack hasn't been arrested. Yikes about the Kryptonite buried in the rubble. Maybe Lois and her posse can get it out and away from Lex. /me crosses fingers.

"Would you rob a bank for her?"

Her unexpected question startled a laugh out of him. "Why would she ask me to do that?"

"I would."
LOL! She totally would! Another wonderful phone call with Clark. The exchange about the theoretical bank heist was hilarious!

I was starting to worry about the water-stain of Africa, but it sounds like he was just feeling the aftershocks of Kryptonite poisoning. I both hope he flies home tomorrow and hope he stays away so that we get more of this witty banter, flirting, and emotionally intimate conversations.

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Lex is getting more creepy by the minute. Glad Superman just happened to be around. goofy I think tonight’s phone call was my favourite. They are getting so close to their feelings and Lois’ “would you rob a bank?” Lol

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OHHHH. Great part, great comments. And current!!!! I enjoyed the humor too.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
HappyGirl - I'm glad you're reading! smile

I have a feeling Clark is going to have to call in Lois's offer to have his back once the whole truth comes out.
Yes, he's definitely going to need her help. evil

Brenda - You're right, Superman is definitely acting more and more familiar in the suit. <heh>

The exchange about the theoretical bank heist was hilarious!

Thanks! So glad you enjoyed it!

I both hope he flies home tomorrow and hope he stays away so that we get more of this witty banter, flirting, and emotionally intimate conversations.
Who's to say that they can't have flirting and emotional intimacy in person? laugh

Jackie - I worked hard to slow up the creep-o-meter on Lex, so I'm glad to see it's working.
They are getting so close to their feelings and Lois’ “would you rob a bank?” Lol
They are very close to admitting their feelings. hyper

Artemis - Yay! So glad you're enjoying the story!

Thank you, guys! You make my world go round! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Kerth
Kerth
She knew there was nothing she could do to help. But she couldn't simply sit in Clark's apartment when the Planet was involved. She turned off the television and picked up Clark's key from the countertop, shoving it into her pocket.
I don't know if I should root for Lois to go or to stay. Maybe I'll just root for more UST to happen instead.

Her breath caught in her throat as she wondered if Lex was behind the explosion. Had he done it just to get her to come out of hiding?
Sounds like just the thing a creepy stalker Lex would do.

Superman's attention shifted to Lex. "Mr. Luthor, the fire chief would like to speak with the Planet's owner. I believe that's you, isn't it?"
Ha! One point Kent.

"What do you think he's up to?" Lois mused aloud.
For a split-second I thought they might start doing Bad Lip Reading of Lex. laugh

Maybe she was actually mad at Lex and maybe it was shock, but Lois found herself spoiling for a fight, even if it meant fighting with Superman. Right now he was being just as patronizing as Clark was on his worst days and it was making her already jangling nerves that much more raw. "Take me where?"

On the bed, on the sofa, on the kitchen... Oh, you meant... *ahem*

In all seriousness, I love that line. Lois picking a fight with Superman just because she can is so very Lois, and the comparison to Clark as patronizing is hilarious.

"Clark. What's the name of the hotel where Clark is staying?"

His jaw worked soundlessly for a moment and he sighed before saying, "The Breakers."
Aww. On the one hand, he should be flattered that her gut reaction is to call Clark, and that she's worried for him. On the other hand, quite the pickle he's gotten himself in. Clark's not going to be there to answer the phone.

…Ruthless… The word played over and over in her head. Clark had said that Lex was ruthless. Even worse, Clark had said that when Lex was listening. What if…?

Three blocks down the ruins of the Daily Planet were a stark accusation. Clark's silence didn't feel random at all.
*winces* Okay, now it's poor Lois. It's more than just a mishap, trying to sort out multiple identities and keep things straight... She's going to be seriously panicked by the time she hears from Clark.

After spending hours in the near vicinity of the man, he was tempted to use a little heat vision but he tamped down the urge.
lol I know he shouldn't too, but wouldn't that just be fun?

"Would you rob a bank for her?"

Her unexpected question startled a laugh out of him. "Why would she ask me to do that?"
rotflol Uh, because she's Lois, and that's probably a pretty mild request coming from her.

Clark grinned. "Are you saying you can only love someone who'd commit a felony for you?"

"I wouldn't make him go through with it. I'd just like to know that I'm worth it. And you didn't answer my question -- would you rob a bank for her?"

"I never realized until just now that you're probably insane."

rotflol clap

"This is purely hypothetical, right? You're not secretly planning a heist?"

"Nope, this is hypothetical."

LOIS: purely hypothetical. By the by, would you mind picking me up some blueprints on your way home? And maybe some big burlap bags with dollar signs on the outside?

"And we're not taking whatever it is out of the bank? We're just going to look at it?"

"Oh my god, Clark, just answer the question!"
lol Hey, one of them has to have a moral backbone, or else they'd be off playing Bonnie and Clyde.

"You know what? You win. If you want knock off banks in your spare time, you have my unwavering support."
rotflol Again with the banter! So fabulous. I love how the scenario keeps getting worse. Hypothetically, of course.

So many great chapters! I'm feeling like I'm going to hit the end soon... is chapter 10 almost ready??

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard