Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#266842 10/28/15 01:56 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
The moment I (well, Lois and Clark, but I think I can count myself too) have been working toward! Took us all long enough, but we've finally made it!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow. Wow. Wow! I had to go back and re-read that whole last section again, it was so beautiful. I would quote some of my favorite passages, my favorite descriptions, but then I'd be quoting it all.

You make forgiveness the sexiest quality in a man. I love the way you have Clark's eyes light up. I can picture it. I am in the room, a dragonfly watching this whole scene unfold (because, really, ew, who wants to be a regular ol' housefly?).

I love that the choice Clark finally made was not between Superman and Clark Kent, but between a silent Superman alone in the world, a Clark Kent without Lois, and a Clark Kent with Lois. While Lois may have stolen away Clark's life with her article, she really stole it away when he first fell in love with, was moved to be better by her. He didn't see Lois's article as her taking away Clark's privacy but more as Lois breaking his heart. When, up on the rooftop, he finally could rephrase that description to Lois trying to hurt Clark less, to Lois trying to ease Clark's fall out of the sky, break his fall so that it didn't hurt so much, he was able to once again see that a life as Clark with Lois preferable to one without her, no matter how or who he lived it as.

As a writer, you've once again wow'd me with the poetry of your prose. Can't wait to see how you'll tie up the last bit of this bow.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Wow. It's taken a long time to get to this point but it was well worth the trip.

Joan

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
This part just proved what I had known and believed all along... That my trust in you as an author was not misplaced. That you would be able to pull a believable happy ending even out of the cataclysmic beginning. That although the ride you would take us on might be treacherous in spots, we would arrive safely at a satisfying resolution. Thank you.

And we even still have one more part to go. Will Lois return to the DP? Will Martha and Jonathan return to Smallville? Tune in next week to the answers to these and other exciting questions. smile

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwwwww....Beautiful. smile

Like Virginia, I'm leaving FDK after reading through this section twice.

How you write, what you write, the feelings that you are able to convey with your words--it absolutely wow's me...time and time again.

I've hoped--all along--for a happy ending. Knew somehow (but no idea 'how' at times wink ) things could be put back together. That Clark could find himself. That Lois could grow, become more from all these mistakes. That because, deep down--beyond the pain, confusion, and the hurt--there was love.

And you gave us that--a true happy ending. Despite...everything that has happened. It's made all the sweeter b/c of the journey.

And, like Lynn stated, the happy ending was believable. Both Lois and Clark--both of them--have changed so much. Grown into themselves. Taken responsibility for their lives. There was hurt and betrayal, and so much pain, over the last few months but you showed us the light. How they slowly could heal. They got to this part in the journey--Chapter 24--by going through everything, every pain, in Chapters 1-23.

Clark choosing Lois--choosing to acknowledge everything she has given him, not taken away, gave me chills. That he recognizes this--that together they have the world in front of them--gives them every opportunity in life.

Can not wait to read Chapter 25...

Laura (who is hoping Lois is busy, moving on over back to the DP as we speak wink ).

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, wow, wow!

I was hoping Lois and Clark would/could find their way back to each other. They really are one soul in two bodies. I just didn't know how it could done, and believably at that. But you definitely made a believer out of me.

I'm so, so, so thrilled to see them getting back to the place they need to be - with each other. Not against each other, not in isolated "safe" bubbles, but risking everything for love. This is the Lois and Clark that I love. So, thank you.

I can't wait to see the tie-ups in the next chapter.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, Virginia! I'm so glad the imagery I had in my own mind came through for you -- I really loved picturing this scene, and had to work to get the wording right. Clark's choice really wasn't as clear-cut as it sometimes seems, and I love that you pointed that out. (Oh, and congratulations on being a dragonfly on the wall instead of a housefly! smile )

So glad you enjoyed the trip, scifiJoan!

It was such a relief for me to read your comment, Lynn! I've been reading your comments about how dark the story is, and I know you like to read lighter, happier stories -- and while I think this story comes to a happier resolution than it often seemed it would, it's not as happy as many of them. So I worried, but I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it as is! Hopefully, you'll be satisfied with the answers to all your questions too!

Thanks, LMA! I'm delighted everyone thinks this ending is believable -- I knew it made sense in my own head, but that's hardly unbiased. grin This Lois and Clark have certainly endured more and they (and my readers) suffered quite a bit to make it to their happy ending, so I wanted to be sure and deliver one!

I love your imagery of Lois and Clark's 'safety bubbles,' DC -- that's exactly what they were keeping around them, isn't it? I worked really hard on trying to keep Lois and Clark recognizable despite the vastly different settings, so I'm glad that came through for you!

Thank you, everyone! Hope you enjoy the ending!

Kerth
Kerth
Oh, sorry! I apparently missed leaving a comment here. It was a long journey, but I'm happy you found a way to bring Lois and Clark back together again. Not in the same place they were before Lois' article, of course, but they've both grown and developed into stronger people. They know what they want, and they're emotionally ready to admit it. They can move forward stronger now, together. It was an amazing journey to read along the way. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard