Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Any feedback would be welcome. smile1

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Too funny! Love it!

Poor Cat, she should have put everything together before saying anything to Lois.

Hmm, just thought of something, what if Clark shows up to the party wearing a different costume?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
lolrotflollol
Very, very funny little vignette. And I have to second Morgana's question, what if Clark shows up in a different costume? I mean, there's no reason for him to wear the costume under his suit instead of keeping it in a bag, is there? Unless, well, he *is* Superman.

Of course, Perry might have ordered him to wear just that costume, in which case I'd still like a sequel.

Oh, and what will Cat's costume be? Catwoman? (Pun intended.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Very enjoyable! So funny that the only reason that Cat thought that Lois is WW is because of what she found in Lois's gym bag. ("Oh, those are just my workout clothes!" says Lois, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.) Come on, Cat, how about verifying the facts independently.

I'd also like to see a sequel, but I'm sure that Clark could easily change his mind 'at the last second' as to what he was going to wear to the party. The confrontation between Lois or Cat with Clark why he didn't come in his Superman costume would worth the read. lol Or if he did come as Superman (per Perry's request as Lara suggested), would one of them assume that he was wearing one of those costumes with the fake muscles? Also, it would be funny if Jimmy showed up as Batman. wink

Thanks for the giggles, LLF!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Very funny! I agree - we need a sequel of the actual party. smile

Ralph can be Green Lantern. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Oh, no! PlasticMan!
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have that one! lol

The plot is almost Don't Tug on Superman's Cape, too! A brother and sister fighting it out to be the one to steal Superman's cape and have it in their collection.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Cute story.

Virginia, there's a reason why Cat is the gossip columnist and not a real reporter.

DC, I think Ralph would make a better Guy Gardner. So who would Perry be? I can think of a couple Marvel possibilities (specifically, Hulk and The Thing), but I can't think of any broad-shouldered DC heroes off the top of my head. Maybe Martian Manhunter, since he can shape shift? Of course, no one with his fear of fire would ever choose to smoke.

Joy,
Lynn

C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Originally Posted by Morgana
Hmm, just thought of something, what if Clark shows up to the party wearing a different costume?

I thought of that as well. Was Clark there and overheard them talking? What would Cat and Lois say if he didn't show up as Superman? Does he dare show up as Superman with some alterations to the disguise? (different cape/glasses/padding underneath to make him look chubby)

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Chickberry, there actually is an amusing story in the archives in which something very similar happens; the blurb for it reads, "The Planet's holding a costume party for charity, and a suspicious Jimmy thinks Clark ought to borrow one of Superman's spare uniforms; it ought to fit him really well -- maybe even as well as if it had been made for him!" The story is...
Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great job, Lois Lane Fan smile.

I totally loved Cat's confidence--how sure she was that she 'had' them. It made the turn around, that there was a costume party that evening, that much more perfect.

Can I chime in and add a vote for a sequel? It would be so fun to see how the evening were to go. Loving the ideas so far clap.

Thanks for sharing,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
DC, I think Ralph would make a better Guy Gardner. So who would Perry be? I can think of a couple Marvel possibilities (specifically, Hulk and The Thing), but I can't think of any broad-shouldered DC heroes off the top of my head. Maybe Martian Manhunter, since he can shape shift? Of course, no one with his fear of fire would ever choose to smoke.
I think that Ralph would be just as brilliant as Guy Gardner (never liked "Rambo with a ring") as he would be as Plastic Man. I could even see him as the Flash (Wally West), too.

Regarding Perry: How about Wildcat? (Or just plain Elvis.)

Come to think of it, Jimmy would be even better as the Flash. No kidding. And Bobby Bigmouth could crash the party as Batman. laugh

Last edited by Lara Joelle Kent; 10/19/15 03:06 PM.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]

Lois Lane's Secret
[Linked Image]

"Your secret has been discovered."
Her Kerth cabinet?

"Whatever, you say, Wonder Woman," Cat answered.
Wonder…? [Linked Image] But wouldn’t that be Diana…?

You weren't very clever, carrying your costume around with you in a gym bag."
[Linked Image]

Lois' eyes darted down to the gym bag lying at her feet. "You went through my gym bag?"
To be fair, it wasn’t locked away in a sealed vault, so there was practically a standing invitation to investigate.

"Cat, if I'm Wonder Woman, why is it that I need Superman to save me all the time?" Lois asked.
Cover for nookie?

You pretend to be a wimpy reporter, and the truth is that your stronger than any other woman in the world."
Erm…she never pretended to be a wimpy reporter and she usually is stronger.

"I know who Superman is, too. I saw a bit of his suit sticking out from beneath his shirt this morning."
[Linked Image] Jimmy or Ralph?

"Don't pretend you don't know that Clark Kent, your partner, is Superman," Cat replied.
shock

I'm surprised you didn't figure out Jimmy's secret identity, though. He's Batman."
PERRY: I beg your pardon, Ma’am. Young Master Olsen is known as Robin.

"Cat, do you want to know why I have a Wonder Woman costume in my gym bag and why Clark must be wearing a Superman costume beneath his clothes?
shock She really does have a costume with her? A skimpy outfit from the Golden Age, I’m assuming; not the leggings and blazer she’s sporting these days?

As Lois began laughing again, a wave of embarrassment suddenly hit Cat. "Oh."
Face!

That was fun!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Oh, yeah. I could totally see Jimmy as The Flash. Rather ironic, since one of Jimmy's alter egos in the Silver Age was Turtle Boy (or Giant Turtle Man).
[Linked Image]

But since he has also been Elastic Lad:
[Linked Image]

it wouldn't be much of a leap to turn him into Plastic Man.

I could see Wild Cat working for Perry. (I had forgotten about him.) But of course you are right; the Chief would much prefer to be The King.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
I'm surprised you didn't figure out Jimmy's secret identity, though. He's Batman."
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] It's a good thing I was already done with my coffee, or I'd have sprayed my monitor. laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No matter what, with all these suggestions, this is going to be a wild costume party! clap

Maybe Inspector Henderson can be Sherlock Holmes?

Just a thought ...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Maybe Inspector Henderson can be Sherlock Holmes?
Good idea. He's definitely too sharp to be Lestrade, even if they happen to share a title.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Nah, he'd do well as Batman.

Wait, isn't it supposed to be a Planet Halloween Party? laugh

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks for all of the replies, everyone.

Too funny! Love it!

Poor Cat, she should have put everything together before saying anything to Lois.

That would be pretty funny. Clark would have a hard time explaining himself then.

Originally Posted by Lara Joelle Kent
lolrotflollol
Very, very funny little vignette. And I have to second Morgana's question, what if Clark shows up in a different costume? I mean, there's no reason for him to wear the costume under his suit instead of keeping it in a bag, is there? Unless, well, he *is* Superman.

Of course, Perry might have ordered him to wear just that costume, in which case I'd still like a sequel.

Oh, and what will Cat's costume be? Catwoman? (Pun intended.)

That would be an appropriate costume for Cat. smile

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
clap Very enjoyable! So funny that the only reason that Cat thought that Lois is WW is because of what she found in Lois's gym bag. ("Oh, those are just my workout clothes!" says Lois, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.) Come on, Cat, how about verifying the facts independently.

I'd also like to see a sequel, but I'm sure that Clark could easily change his mind 'at the last second' as to what he was going to wear to the party. The confrontation between Lois or Cat with Clark why he didn't come in his Superman costume would worth the read. lol Or if he did come as Superman (per Perry's request as Lara suggested), would one of them assume that he was wearing one of those costumes with the fake muscles? Also, it would be funny if Jimmy showed up as Batman. wink

Thanks for the giggles, LLF!

Cat definitely jumped the gun. It seems a lot of people are interested in a sequel. I do have a couple of ideas for one, so a sequel is a possibility.

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Very funny! I agree - we need a sequel of the actual party. smile

Ralph as Green Lantern would be pretty hilarious.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Cute story.

Virginia, there's a reason why Cat is the gossip columnist and not a real reporter.

Joy,
Lynn

I could see Hulk, the Thing, or Martian Manhunter all being a good fit for Perry.

Originally Posted by chickberry

I thought of that as well. Was Clark there and overheard them talking? What would Cat and Lois say if he didn't show up as Superman? Does he dare show up as Superman with some alterations to the disguise? (different cape/glasses/padding underneath to make him look chubby)

An altered Superman costume just might work!

Originally Posted by LMA
Great job, Lois Lane Fan smile.

I totally loved Cat's confidence--how sure she was that she 'had' them. It made the turn around, that there was a costume party that evening, that much more perfect.

Can I chime in and add a vote for a sequel? It would be so fun to see how the evening were to go. Loving the ideas so far clap.

Thanks for sharing,
Laura

Yeah, Cat sure was confident until the end. I'm glad you enjoyed the turn around!

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally Posted by Darth Michael

lol Funny!

Originally Posted by Darth Michael
shock She really does have a costume with her? A skimpy outfit from the Golden Age, I’m assuming; not the leggings and blazer she’s sporting these days?

I think Lois would definitely choose something along the lines of the Golden Age costume.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard