Lois Lane's Secret (1/1)
By Lois_Lane_Fan
Rated: G

Disclaimer: All characters belong to DC Comics and Warner Bros.

"Your secret has been discovered." Lois looked up to see Cat Grant hovering over her desk. Her arms were folded across her chest, and she had a grin that said that she had something over Lois, though what exactly that something was, Lois didn't know.

"Cat, I don't have time for this," Lois replied, a bit annoyed by the unwelcome interruption.

"Whatever, you say, Wonder Woman," Cat answered.

"What?" Lois asked, a smile suddenly forming on her face.

"You heard me, Wonder Woman," Cat said. "I've figured out your secret identity. You weren't very clever, carrying your costume around with you in a gym bag."

Lois' eyes darted down to the gym bag lying at her feet. "You went through my gym bag?"

"Of course I did," Cat answered. "There's a reason I'm the best gossip columnist in town. And don't get all sanctimonious on me. We both know you'd do the same thing to get to the bottom of one of your stories. That's why your the top reporter in town."

"Cat, if I'm Wonder Woman, why is it that I need Superman to save me all the time?" Lois asked.

"Please. You've never needed Superman to save you in your life, Amazon princess. That's all just part of your cover. You pretend to be a wimpy reporter, and the truth is that your stronger than any other woman in the world."

Lois couldn't help herself. She began giggling at the words coming out of Cat's mouth.

"Don't laugh. We both know it's true," Cat insisted. "I know who Superman is, too. I saw a bit of his suit sticking out from beneath his shirt this morning."

At this point, Lois was laughing so hard that a tear was running down her face. She wiped it away and composed herself long enough to ask a question, though. "Cat, you're killing me! Please, tell me, who is Superman?"

"Don't pretend you don't know that Clark Kent, your partner, is Superman," Cat replied.

Lois threw her head back and began laughing again. When she finally was able to stop laughing, she answered, "Cat, you've got us. Clark and I are superheroes. I'm surprised you didn't figure out Jimmy's secret identity, though. He's Batman." As the words left her mouth, Lois began laughing again, this time at her own joke.

"Don't try to make me sound like a fool, Lois. We both know that you are Wonder Woman. There's no trying to weasel your way out of it."

"Cat, do you want to know why I have a Wonder Woman costume in my gym bag and why Clark must be wearing a Superman costume beneath his clothes? It's because of the Daily Planet Halloween party tonight."

As Lois began laughing again, a wave of embarrassment suddenly hit Cat. "Oh."

The End