Next Thread
Print Thread
#266585 10/14/15 10:07 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
My God does the most recent on feel as if it took a line right out of season 4 Lois and Clark. Not only do we have disappearing individuals (the Clone Lois arc) complete with memory blanks but we ALSO have Beckett "breaking up" with Castle for his own safety??

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Uh... Writers going to the same writing school? :P

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Kerth
Kerth
I think in part the problem was that previously the plot was driven by the tension between them, the preparations for their marriage, etc., but as soon as they were married a lot of that was gone so they (a) delayed it as long as they could and (b) started this storyline to make it look like the marriage is in danger. Same problem, same stupid solution.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
Marcus,

To compound the issue, after having Kate walk out, the writers go on a media blitz to claim that they will not divorce, they WILL get back together stronger than ever which totally defuses the tension and to me just leaves me angry that they are pulling such a useless stunt. That and making Rick look like a wimp. Hell even their costume designer (Luke Reichle) went on twitter with 'I don't know why #Castle wants to stay with someone who treats him like a stepladder. Guess it's better than a doormat.". This is making the new show runners look like fools to me. Now they may be able to turn it around with some really interesting twist in Mr. and Mrs. Castle (they claim that where they are heading with this will be revealed then) but so far I am not convinced. Now I guess they could come up with something showing that Rick was in on the con all of the time and basically did all of this to 'sell' the idea that Kate had left him and frozen him out but long drawn out cons have never been this writing team's forte. I have not quit watching but I am no longer anxiously waiting for Monday evening to roll around and if the audience numbers are to be believed, I am not the only one.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I didn't start watching Castle until a few years ago, and was thrilled when I did finally find it (and 'catching up' the early seasons was a blast thumbsup ). Due to my utter lack of technical knowledge, I somehow did not DVR (what I thought I had DVR'd) of the last half of last season, thus falling behind again blush.

Anyway, initially I was thrilled to get back into it this fall. Now? Now that we have, like Christina mentioned, people breaking up with others for their 'own safety' (as, it seems, the theme of the season), I'm becoming less and less excited dizzy / sad / wallbash.

I'll keep watching--keep wanting them together--but...it's frustrating when they already were together huh.

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 10/15/15 02:10 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard