Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26647 12/14/05 01:03 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
*sigh* That was beautiful. As I was reading, I tried to pick out lines that I wanted to quote, but there honestly ended up being too many. What a fascinating POV that I don't often get to read. Heartbreaking and touching. I'm a tad teary-eyed right now.

I've been an admirer of your music videos, so I leapt at the opportunity to see you use another medium. I am equally impressed, if not more so.

I hope you write more in the future.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You're right CA, this is not a happy story but a beautiful one nonetheless. I'm on your side as well on the topic of Lana, never liked her on the show and there's a selection of stories where she's not displayed as a nice character as well.

Yet in this vignette you offer a new point of view - and you did great in my opinion. The aftermath for Lana isn't something I had thought of so far and here she shows a caring, pensive but resigned side.

Features Writer
Features Writer
For someone who doesn't write fanfic, you seem to have a lot of talent. You have a way with words that is poetic. Additionally, it's nice to look at an old story from a new perspective.

It'd be nice to see some more of these. Thanks for this one.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
whinging

I can't really add much to what the others have said. They already used all the words I wanted to, darn them. laugh Poignant, poetic, beautifully lyrical prose and some very telling points made.

Yes, Lana was hated by many fans, but then she was intended to be. Nevertheless, she's always an interesting character and I've always enjoyed seeing her in fanfic. Most especially in fanfic, like yours, which presents her pov and makes us realise that she had reasons for being the way she was and that she was more misguided than cruel in how she dealt with Clark. I do believe she truly thought she was protecting him. She just didn't realise she was going about it all the wrong way. frown

Thank you for sharing your delightful story, C_A.

Oh, and

As I was reading, I tried to pick out lines that I wanted to quote, but there honestly ended up being too many.
Ditto.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
J
jwb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Wow! I *really* liked this. Short, but complete and completely original. Don't think I've seen too many takes on Lana like this.

Thanks for sharing.

--
Jeff
Top Banana
Top Banana
What an impressive start to your fanfic writing career, CA.! You've made me feel sympathetic to Lana, someting that very hard to do. laugh and I like how you've written Clark, too. smile

Like Wendy, I'm sure this is a story that Hazel would appreciate. As I was reading this, I was reminded of her A Certain POV. Like that fic, you've given us an insight into Lana's mind and heart, as well as Clark's.

You write beautifully. So what's next?

c.

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
While I don't like Lana, I liked this piece. It certainly is wonderful, especially considering it's your first try at fanfic!

Keep it up!
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard