Print Thread
D
Dave Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
D
Wow, C_A.

This was great. Really great. I'd love to say more, but I have exactly 3 minutes before I need to leave, so... I'm going to stick with wow.

I really, really enjoyed this. I love the insight into Lana's mind. smile

This better be the first of many. You've fallen into the trap now. There's no escape! <g>

Dave

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is really good! Very well written - you have a nice style and clearly a lot of talent. And you've written a very sympathetic Lana - a refreshing point of view, actually. Hazel, if she were around, would love this.

Just a couple of lines I have to cite:

Becoming Superman—what a ridiculous name, she thought briefly—might be good for him in the long run, even though it had robbed her, and him, of Clark Kent.
Awww! mecry And, yes, it did, didn't it?

And this:
“Who was she, really?”

His eyes, deep like a dark pool of water she was still in danger of drowning in, told her that he was unsure of the answer himself. Lana realized that, even though he had not known this woman, he had sacrificed everything for her, and he himself did not understand why.

“Someone who only stays until the wind changes,” he said after a moment, his voice laced with a misery she had never noticed there before. But perhaps she had been deaf, just like she had been blind, when it came to his true feelings, his hopes and his dreams.
Wow. Just wow. Both the 'someone who only stays until the wind changes' line and Lana finally seeing the misery in Clark.

Just lovely, C_A! Now, I hope you're going to submit this to the Archive, right?

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice. I agree with the others beautiful job. I hope you continue to write more. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very good! You've portrayed Lana sympathetically and you've done a terrific job of showing both her and Clark's confusion about the sudden change that's hit their lives.

I liked this.

Chris

J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wonderful story. thumbsup I'm glad Lana doesn't bear a grudge and understands that Clark didn't intend to change their life that way.

Please continue to write, I'll be reading laugh .

~Julia wave

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
“Where are you heading?”

“Anywhere.”
Okay, C_A, that's awesome!! I just love that line so much! I could picture it and lines like that completely evoked the feeling in me that your title conveys, that nostalgic bittersweet moment... You should do fanfic more; this was really wonderful!!! laugh

~NICOLE smile

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very nice!

I like how you portrayed Lana. You didn't deny that she was wrong for Clark or that she didn't want to accept every part of him, but you still made her a sympathetic character who really did care for him.

And that line about the wind...*shiver*

So much for not doing fanfic! Write more goofy

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C_A, your story certainly didn't suck! It was a nice, touching story and it made me think about AU Lana a little bit more. Because we almost always see things from Lois and Clark's viewpoint and seem to forget there are other people with feelings as well wink

Greets,

~ An ~
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
That was great. I hope you keep writing.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Columnist
Columnist
That was great, I loved it

Karla

C_A Offline
Columnist
Columnist
Wow! I am absolutely blown away by your kind feedback. Thank you so much. smile

This better be the first of many. You've fallen into the trap now. There's no escape!
LOL, no kidding. Although I've only written very little fanfic over the years, and read even less, I do enjoy writing in general. I must say, though, that this is probably the nicest response I've ever gotten to anything I've written, so I might just continue. Addicted to feedback... oy goofy .

You've portrayed Lana sympathetically and you've done a terrific job of showing both her and Clark's confusion about the sudden change that's hit their lives.
While I love the episode to bits (one of my top three, definitely), I always thought that Lois reacted kind of lightly to what had happened. Of course, the line, "It was for that selfish thoughtlessness, more than anything, that Lana resented her" is Lana's POV, but I think there is a bit of truth to it. Once she was back with her own Clark, Lois seemed to entirely forget about the role she played in the destruction of another person's life. She never talked about the other Clark, at least not on the show. In my opinion, there should have been more reflection and sorrow on her part, and I wanted to mention Lois' reaction in this story. I suppose one could write pages worth of angst about Lois dealing with the fact that she, albeit inadvertently, helped destroy a good man--a Superman--but I thought I'd let her off the hook with a paragraph goofy .

Sorry, I'll stop rambling wink .

And that line about the wind...*shiver*
Wow. Just wow. Both the 'someone who only stays until the wind changes' line and Lana finally seeing the misery in Clark.
I'm really glad you liked that line. I thought it fit very well with the role Lois had taken on in Clark's life: a Mary Poppins-like figure who swoops in to help but who doesn't stay to face, or realize, the consequences of her actions. The irony is, of course, that Mary Poppins turned lives around for the better while Lois... well. Hence the line, "Lana, of course, caught the irony of the remark, and the aptness of it..." (emphasis added).

It was a nice, touching story and it made me think about AU Lana a little bit more
She was a throwaway character on the show, and I have to say I'm very glad that our Clark told Lois that "[s]he's not worth it" -- especially in light of the character-assassination of Clark and the worship of Lana that's going on in Smallville. But I still felt that she couldn't have been all bad, or selfish, or unkind, the way she came across on the show, or a decent man like the alternate Clark wouldn't have stuck with her for so long, regardless of how alone he felt. I guess I was trying to redeem her a bit. Whether she deserved it is another question wink .

From the other feedback thread (wow, I get two! laugh )

I tried to pick out lines that I wanted to quote, but there honestly ended up being too many
Thank you blush . I do try to write lines that will stick with you for a while after you've finished reading, because I always admire authors who are able to do that and enjoy their stories the most.

For someone who doesn't write fanfic, you seem to have a lot of talent.
Thanks. Like I said, I have written a little fanfic and I've written a lot of original stuff, so it's not like I'm a complete novice at this, but it's still nice to hear that I have talent smile .

I do believe she truly thought she was protecting him. She just didn't realise she was going about it all the wrong way.
Yeah, I thought so, too. Unfortunately, we only got one more episode with alt-Clark, so there really was no resolution there, something I've always regretted. It would have been nice to see how his life continued. I do doubt that things ended that abruptly with Lana, because they had spent all their adult and a good chunk of their teenage years together. Letting go would probably be very hard, especially if there was nothing else to turn to.

You write beautifully. So what's next?
Thank you. Well, I don't really have anything else in regard to L&C, although I did just dust off and finish a Stargate SG-1 vignette which I'll put up on my new website sometime in the near future.

Again, thank you very much for your kind words. I'm sure I'll write again sometime, if for no other reason than the fact that feedback is addictive goofy .

Fanfic | MVs

Clark: "Lois? She's bossy. She's stuck up, she's rude... I can't stand her."
Lana: "The best ones always start that way."

"And you already know. Yeah, you already know how this will end." - DeVotchKa
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very somber and well done.

I like your Lana.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
This is a very different Lana than we're used to from the series and from fic. Much more sympathetic than we're used to.

I also liked the title because like the wind, although there have been changes, Lois is long gone and only had that momentary effect on Clark's life. Now he has to deal with it.

Very enjoyable.

gerry

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
CA

WOW! This is wonderful. smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to reading more of your stories.

Tricia cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard