Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#266321 09/27/15 02:12 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Face it, you knew it had to be done. laugh

(I have not yet stumbled upon a crossover between the two, though I am sure there must be some out there.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Lots of fun, DC! Thanks for the grin.

Is PJ the one who was K's partner at the beginning of MIB? I kept waiting for one of them to go undercover and become Wayne Irig or someone like that. What are they going to do when the NK's arrive? I bet it happens after K's retirement. wink

Anyway, an enjoyable read. You had Zed's voice down pat.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love it.

Would be great to see even more of this crossover. Would the MIB be around in GGGoH, and would it change the episode drastically? What about when the NKs arrive, as already said?

Fantastic

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
For some reason I didn't see a Superman MIB crossover. Great Job!

Shallowford
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Fun story. And you're right -- such a crossover is long overdue. (Even if it has been done before -- and I don't know whether it has -- it is worth doing again.)

(Pssst... Did you mean "Edison" instead of "Einstein," or was this just another alternate universe change?)

I agree with Virginia and Victoria. As Oliver Twist would say, "Please, Ma'am, may I have some more?"

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
clap Lots of fun, DC! Thanks for the grin.

Is PJ the one who was K's partner at the beginning of MIB? I kept waiting for one of them to go undercover and become Wayne Irig or someone like that. What are they going to do when the NK's arrive? I bet it happens after K's retirement. wink

Anyway, an enjoyable read. You had Zed's voice down pat.

Thanks, Virginia! Glad it tickled your funny bone. It was fun to write. I've had the idea for a crossover on my "ideas" list for at least 3 years, but without an idea of the context...until the other night.

I made PJ up. I figured K could have been paired with anyone in the early days, before a suitable permanent partner was assigned.

Who knows? Maybe one day, my muse will return to this idea for GGGOH or the NK arc.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Love it.

Would be great to see even more of this crossover. Would the MIB be around in GGGoH, and would it change the episode drastically? What about when the NKs arrive, as already said?

Fantastic

Thank you! You know, I had this passing thought of Rachel as one of theie undercover agents...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Shallowford
For some reason I didn't see a Superman MIB crossover. Great Job!

Thank you! I've been searching for a way to do one for a long time now!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Fun story. And you're right -- such a crossover is long overdue. (Even if it has been done before -- and I don't know whether it has -- it is worth doing again.)

(Pssst... Did you mean "Edison" instead of "Einstein," or was this just another alternate universe change?)

I agree with Virginia and Victoria. As Oliver Twist would say, "Please, Ma'am, may I have some more?"

Joy,
Lynn

Thank you, Lynn! I'll take up the idea of a sequel with my muse, but she's rather unpredictable. And thanks for catching my inadvertent mistake. That's what I for writing at 2am.

Glad you liked the crossover idea!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Looots of fun! clap I loved the MIB back when they first came out, and seeing them crossed over with LnC is just superb. hail

He pulled out his mobile phone - a gift from some very out of town friends - and pushed the first number on the speed dial. One day, he knew, this technology would leak and everyone on the planet would have one. In the meantime, it was kind of fun, knowing he held a piece of the future in his hand.
Now that I know what kind of cross-over this is, I can imagine how *very* out of town those friends are. laugh

"He's an alien. No alien lands on this planet without coming through us."

"Yes, that's true. But what are we going to do with an infant?" X asked evenly. "We can't question him. An infant isn't going to smuggle in illegal weapons or intergalactic drugs with him."
So very true. But this boy might "smuggle" some "illegal" germs with him... It's a good thing he didn't, though.

"What are we going to do with an infant? We can't raise it here. And we aren't an intergalactic adoption agency. We don't have the resources to find a suitable family. And not knowing where the child is from...how can we be assured we wouldn't wind up placing him with someone from a planet who'd like to see him dead?"

"That's not our problem," Zed firmly said.

"It is our problem. We are the gatekeepers for alien life on this planet," X argued, poking his index finger down on his desk, hard. "Especially when missteps like that could lead to war."

"You're putting a lot of weigh on one child," Zed observed.

X shook his head. "I can't afford not to. You'll learn to do the same, in time. For all I know, this child could be a king, or prince, or other dignitary. No," he said, shaking his head again. "I won't risk not treating this child as though he were truly important."
Very good of X. And he has no idea how very right he is. laugh

"No. No Earthling outside of those who wear the black can ever know about us. You know that, Zed."

"Yes, but they already know they have an alien on their hands. No normal kid just drops out of the sky like that," Zed said, scratching an itch on his chin.

"Maybe so, but that doesn't mean they need to know that their new child isn't all that unique."
Another good point. laugh

"And what about if the Bureau finds out?" Zed asked. "You know their mission."

"R knows how to cover his tracks. He's out there with K now. Bureau Thirty-Nine will never know about this."
Yeah, right! /irony

Hell, if Edison hadn't landed on Earth when he did, the planet might never have figured out how to harness the power of electricity. They'd still be living in the dark, literally.
Loved that tidbit about technology. Let me guess, Newton and Galilei and da Vinci and Einstein were aliens, too...

"I told X, back when that kid first crashed onto this planet that it wasn't a good idea to watch from a distance. I told him we should warn the parents about the MIB's existence. Now look at this mess. Everyone on the planet knows that an alien walks amongst us now."
Nah, he doesn't walk amongst us, he flies. wink

"We can't neuralize the entire planet. This Clark Kent guy was your responsibility, K. What do you suggest?"

K shrugged. "Leave him be."

"Have you gotten into the Solarian beer and lost your mind?" Zed barked gruffly.
Very funny, too. rotflol

"Of course not. You know I hate that stuff. Listen, I know it sounds strange but, leave Kent be. The population will be so focused on the one alien they know about, they'll be even blinder to the ones that surround them every day. They won't stop to question the quirks of their waiter or cab driver. They aren't flying around in a flashy suit, so of course they aren't an alien."

"You really think that's going to be the case?" Zed asked, raising a skeptical eyebrow.
Another bit of great psychology. Of course, this is going to work. Until some other super-powered aliens show up. Hawkgirl (and maybe Hawkman), Barda, Scott Free, Orion, Martian Manhunter, Starfire, Raven, Powergirl - to name but a few. Not to mention the alien organisation deal with them, one crisis at a time. evil

Though the MIB were fully aware of the powers Kent possessed, and though they knew him to be a well-mannered, even-tempered, morally-upstanding citizen, there was no telling what he might do if he felt his identity and life were in danger. With such incredible powers at his beck and call, it wouldn't take much to completely destroy the MIB, if he wanted to. He wouldn't even need to wreck the building, Zed mused to himself. His words as a reporter could and would cause far more damage.
Never underestimate one of the best reporters of the best newspaper in the world! goofy

"We'll leave him be...for now," he said with finality. "But keep an eye on him, K. If he makes one false move...shows himself to be anything but a force for good...or makes anyone suspect that Earth harbors more than one alien..."
We really need this sequel now! Pretty please? grovel

And, if Kent makes a habit out of flying around in what I can only assume is Spandex
lol Totally right on that one! lol

"How long do you think it'll take Lois Lane to realize that she's working next to this new alien hero?" he asked, watching as Kent flew off with the Daily Planet's top reporter in his arms.

K smiled in return. "You know, I think we could have fun with this."

"Yeah? How so?"

"An office pool," K said, his grin widening. "Five bucks a guess, winner takes all the cash."
lol rotflol lol

K nodded once. "I know. And that's precisely why it'll be awhile before she figures it out. She'll be so wrapped up in learning about the alien that was just revealed to the world, that she'll never look twice at the man standing next to her."
Looks like K really knows Lois Lane. wink To be honest, I laughed out loud when reading this, it's so spot on and, well, just perfect. laugh

Can we please have a couple of sequels about some other DC alien superheroes (or villains, for that matter)?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
This story is great!

X shook his head. "I can't afford not to. You'll learn to do the same, in time. For all I know, this child could be a king, or prince, or other dignitary. No," he said, shaking his head again. "I won't risk not treating this child as though he were truly important."
Lord Kal-El.

Hell, if Edison hadn't landed on Earth when he did, the planet might never have figured out how to harness the power of electricity. They'd still be living in the dark, literally.
I read the earlier version, and I have to say that Einstein works as an alien, too. It would definitely explain the hair. rotflol

Zed knew he was right. There was always some substance out there that could bring down any alien on the planet. An allergy to sapphires, a tendency to melt when hit with salt water, plasma guns, sunlight, blowtorches, even ordinary bullets, in some cases. Clark Kent, though still of an unknown planet, was no different. He would have a weakness. They just hadn't discovered it. Yet.

So ... vampires are aliens? Does the sunlight destroy them, or just make them sparkle?

This story just begs for a sequel.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Kerth
Kerth
Nice one - I did a Superman/MIB drabble in a 'five things' story here about ten years ago, but I think this is the first long MIB crossover I've seen here.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DC,

I think you've hit this one out of the park. I can't add to what has already been said about the various points. I think the entire story was great!

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Lara, glad you enjoyed it. It absolutely tickled me to write this!

I'm not all that familiar with the other DC characters you mentioned, so crossovers with them won't happen. But I'm leaving the door open if my muse wants to come back to do more with L&C and MIB. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Annie!

Thank for reading and glad you liked it. Hey, you never know who else is an alien. wink

Vampire aliens...always a possibility. Maybe they inspired the idea of vampires. But NEVER sparkly ones! *shudders in horror*

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland
Nice one - I did a Superman/MIB drabble in a 'five things' story here about ten years ago, but I think this is the first long MIB crossover I've seen here.

Ah, cool. smile Well, it's always fun combining things together in new ways. Thanks for reading.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KenJ
DC,

I think you've hit this one out of the park. I can't add to what has already been said about the various points. I think the entire story was great!

Thanks, Ken! Glad you enjoyed it! (It feels great to finally get this crossover on paper.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes! Tommy Lee Jones fits perfectly with this story! clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Cute idea. smile I liked the reasoning for why they didn't mind wipe the Kents and take the baby. Just wait for the day when Clark finds out about all of the other aliens on the planet! lol

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Just wait for the day when Clark finds out about all of the other aliens on the planet!
I want to read that story. DC or somebody else, please write it! grovel

Joy,
Lynn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard