Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
My sincerest thanks to everyone for supporting this story, especially those kind folks (FoLCs!) leaving comments. If you haven't yet, well, you're here now. smile

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
First? First! Yay laugh
Phew! Talk about pillow talk... Girl, it's already damn hot here (can't believe autumn is supposed to begin in a handful of days)- even without your contribution at broiling! And at this point of the story I have to ask you: is this fiction sponsored by AT&T or Verizon? Because so far the juiciest parts are happening with those two talking over the phone line: I almost wish some more time will pass until they meet in the flesh again :P
Originally Posted by Sue S.
"Which phone are you using?" Clark's voice had dropped to a husky rumble, and the low pitch of it reverberated through her as if a tuning fork had just been struck.

"Which phone?" she repeated. She couldn't quite parse the question when her brain was still occupied with noticing just how sexy Clark's voice could be.

"The one in the living room? Or in the bedroom?"

"Um, bedroom," she whispered.

She could practically hear his grin, even before he spoke, still using that low tone that was really starting to do something for her. "Are you in my bed?"

"Maybe," she allowed somewhat coquettishly.

"Under the covers?"

"Does it matter?"

"I guess that depends on what you're wearing."

"Nothing but boxers," she said with a giggle. "I hear they're all the rage in nighttime attire this year."

She heard him draw in a quick breath, then release it slowly. "Superman was right; that is going to prey upon my imagination."

Question #2: are you sure you don't want to elaborate a nfic appendix for this story? Really, really sure? *winks 'til her lids hurt*
Was Luthor going to take Superman's word that Lois was out of reach? Or were his minions still combing the city in search of her?

Banana!!!
(Sorry, I couldn't help... I'm imagining these little yellow creatures hopping all around Metropolis to execute Luthor's orders) laugh
P.S.: I am glad you made Clark flirt with Lois... Now the score is: Good Ol'CK 1- Flashy Alter Ego 1 wink

Last edited by HiddenMoon; 09/17/15 12:52 PM. Reason: Stupid Minions joke added

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey, well I'll go second (instead of my usual last place finish grin ).

Wow. It is absolutely amazing how HOT a phone conversation can be notworthy. Like HiddenMoon stated, keeping them apart is definitely bringing them closer together. I'm totally sitting here, completey craving their next night on the phone together...(and realizing it's going to be a good week away--big sigh).

Flirting with her was one thing, but seeing his normally unflappable partner vulnerable and teary-eyed brought out every protective instinct he possessed. It had taken a huge amount of restraint not to hug her when she'd admitted that she was afraid.

I very much loved that leaving Lois was so hard for Clark (as Superman) because she needed him...not because of the insanely hot flirting and talk of bedtime attire. The flirting comes off as so much 'more' when you know that underneath it all, what everything is resting on, is a foundation of love.

Their friendship seemed to be the only constant she had left. Luthor had tried, but that was the one thing he hadn't succeeded in controlling. There was simply no way Clark could bring himself to ruin their friendship -- not right now.

As much as I'm normally 'pro-Tell Her The Truth!!!', I do actually agree with Clark's reasoning here. Lois has a lot of 'crazy' going on now--her safety net is all out of wack. Perry's retired. Jimmy's not around. The Planet is a mess. She's got a well-dressed stalker wink. And--Clark--her biggest 'constant', is in Hawaii (aka--the Apollo). As much as Clark needs to come clean, I think he has to wait it out a bit. Be THERE for Lois, in whatever way he can, doing whatever all he can.

"I'm here to spare you the effort of trying to find Lois Lane. As you surmised, she is somewhere far away from here."

"Somewhere safe?" Luthor asked.

"Very safe."

So...I'm guessing the answer is 'no' (story-related), but could Superman do this? Tell Lois that Lex is pycho (why sugar coat it, right? huh thumbsup ), and take her, get her out of Metropolis. (Maybe put her down somewhere...have Clark 'show up'...have them talk in person about night attire? Mind is currently heading towards the gutter...leaving thought process quickly blush ) .

"No, of course not. Stay as long as you like."

"Thanks." Once again, her voice dropped to an emotional whisper. She cleared her throat to try and regain some poise.

"Say the word, Lois, and I'll be on the next plane to Metropolis."

Her heart soared at the thought of having Clark there, live and in person. And then she thought about what Lex might do when he found out. Her hand tightened on the receiver, mourning the loss of Clark's swift return. "I appreciate that, but Lex would probably fire you for dereliction of duty."

"I don't care."

I love Clark's resolve here. How he wants to be there for Lois, doesn't care about the outcome. It's really attractive how he wants to go with his gut here. And I'm really glad he showed this part of himself to Lois clap.

"Because sometimes you seem to take great pleasure in messing with me."

Clark chuckled. "For the record, Lois, most of the time I take great pleasure in messing with you. But this isn't one of those times."

Exactly the type of relationship I like. Playfulness is such a fun part of being a couple (Or...when you are partners, best friends, and on the verge of being a 'couple' smile ).

"Which phone are you using?" Clark's voice had dropped to a husky rumble, and the low pitch of it reverberated through her as if a tuning fork had just been struck.

"Which phone?" she repeated. She couldn't quite parse the question when her brain was still occupied with noticing just how sexy Clark's voice could be.

"The one in the living room? Or in the bedroom?"

"Um, bedroom," she whispered.

She could practically hear his grin, even before he spoke, still using that low tone that was really starting to do something for her. "Are you in my bed?"

"Maybe," she allowed somewhat coquettishly.

"Under the covers?"

"Does it matter?"

"Nothing but boxers," she said with a giggle. "I hear they're all the rage in nighttime attire this year."

She heard him draw in a quick breath, then release it slowly. "Superman was right; that is going to prey upon my imagination."

Her cheeks flushed hot and her heart started to pound wildly. What in the world had possessed her to tell him she was wearing nothing but boxers? Was this some psychological thing where she was so afraid of losing Clark that she was going to start blatantly flirting with him? Or was it because he'd admitted he enjoyed messing with her and she just wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine?

Either way, it seemed like a good idea to use her most sultry voice to coo into the phone, "Sweet dreams, Clark."

She heard his amused exhale before he replied, "Sweet dreams, Lois."

Yep...so above would be 'The Highlight' of my morning so far hyper / dance / jump / love. I will be reliving this conversation for the rest of the day, thank you sloppy. Clark's voice--squealing! clap. Ah--I can just hear what those statements would sound like as he's saying them. LOVE!

You do such a fantastic job with the banter here...carrying the friendship, the comfort, the attraction, THE HEAT on these few moments (while on the phone--even more amazingly enough). THIS--this is exactly why I am such a huge fan of yours. Bravo hail.

A long week to go. Will be counting down the days. Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yay! Just what I wanted to read after a long day at work! laugh I agree with HiddenMoon about that pillow talk. wink So fun! Thanks for always writing stories that keeps these two's relationship fresh. Looking forward to more!! smile

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
G
Blogger
Blogger
G
Yes, I definitely want to see what happens next with this story, and it's not that I don't love everything you write, but what are you doing here when you should be over in nFic finishing both A Nice Girl and Second Honeymoon?

Kerth
Kerth
Yea! Part 5! smile1 This section is ridiculously sexy - the fact that you're able to generate such an undercurrent of heat between two people that aren't even in the same room is a testament to your writing ability. hail
He could perfectly imagine the taut line of her legs, and how the shirt would rise as she lifted her arms. How much of her legs did it reveal? If he was there, would he catch a glimpse of her panties?
thud sloppy So freakin' hot!

I love the confrontation between Superman and Clark...great tension! You really nailed Lex' speech pattern - I could totally hear John Shea in my head.
the rat fink had clearly blabbed to Clark
Love this! Some of that shine seems to be wearing off the superhero. wink
Even though it was black and white, and Clark wasn't looking directly at the camera, she could still picture his eyes perfectly, how they crinkled at the corners whenever he laughed.
Brilliantly vivid description...Mmmmmmmm...

Oh, lord...the sleepware discussion. Hubba hubba! My mind has permanently fixated on the image!
HOT DAMN!!! thud My mind has permanently fixated on the sound of his voice! grin
Her cheeks flushed hot and her heart started to pound wildly. What in the world had possessed her to tell him she was wearing nothing but boxers?
wave I know! (Even if Lois doesn't yet!)

Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
are you sure you don't want to elaborate a nfic appendix for this story?
Originally Posted by LMA
Mind is currently heading towards the gutter
Well, I happen to know that an insanely erotic, mind-meltingly hot N-fic scene is sitting on her hard drive (and my inbox!) right now. devil She doesn't think people would really want to read the special treat she wrote for me, though. Maybe more story feedback would change her mind. grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hi! wave

HiddenMoon - Ha! This story is sponsor-free (otherwise I'd be flouting those pesky copyright laws).

I almost wish some more time will pass until they meet in the flesh again
Ah, but you should see what happens when do meet again in the flesh. wink

are you sure you don't want to elaborate a nfic appendix for this story? Really, really sure? *winks 'til her lids hurt*
Let's get this story finished first. laugh

Laura - And now you're fashionably early!

keeping them apart is definitely bringing them closer together. I'm totally sitting here, completely craving their next night on the phone together...
They are growing closer. And they're both craving the next conversation as much as you are. smile

The flirting comes off as so much 'more' when you know that underneath it all, what everything is resting on, is a foundation of love.
Yes! The flirting is a safe way to express the deeper feelings underpinning their relationship.

As much as I'm normally 'pro-Tell Her The Truth!!!', I do actually agree with Clark's reasoning here. Lois has a lot of 'crazy' going on now--her safety net is all out of wack.
She's definitely in a weird place right now. And so is he. They're both loose of their moorings and under increased stress. To me, that's part of the reason that their phone calls carry so much emotional heft. For just a few minutes every night, they can forget that they're individually being stalked by Lex, and that neither of them can go home.

So...I'm guessing the answer is 'no' (story-related), but could Superman do this? Tell Lois that Lex is pycho (why sugar coat it, right? ), and take her, get her out of Metropolis.
I can't see Lois agreeing to that, even if she is freaked out. She's not the type to turn and run.

Playfulness is such a fun part of being a couple (Or...when you are partners, best friends, and on the verge of being a 'couple'
It's one of the best parts! It's the glue that holds you together when times aren't so easy. smile

I will be reliving this conversation for the rest of the day, thank you
No, thank you!

You do such a fantastic job with the banter here...carrying the friendship, the comfort, the attraction, THE HEAT on these few moments (while on the phone--even more amazingly enough). THIS--this is exactly why I am such a huge fan of yours. Bravo
Golly! blush blush blush Thank you!

mozartmaid - Thank you so much! I'm thrilled to have you here! wave

GooBoo - Shhh! Lower your voice! The muse is a fickle creature and I can only write what she gives me. I had to take a little mental health break from Nice Girl, but more is coming. I've still been working on that story and Second Honeymoon. I swear on a stack of Bibles that they'll both get finished. smile

Susan - There you go! Now you're allowed to talk about who's wearing what as pajamas. :P

This section is ridiculously sexy - the fact that you're able to generate such an undercurrent of heat between two people that aren't even in the same room is a testament to your writing ability.
It's all due to my fabulous beta. That woman is AMAZING! thumbsup

I love the confrontation between Superman and Clark...great tension! You really nailed Lex' speech pattern - I could totally hear John Shea in my head.
Thank you! That's high praise indeed. laugh

Love this! Some of that shine seems to be wearing off the superhero.
Just a little bit. wink

My mind has permanently fixated on the sound of his voice!
hyper Mine, too! (No, really!)

Well, I happen to know that an insanely erotic, mind-meltingly hot N-fic scene is sitting on her hard drive (and my inbox!) right now.
I cannot deny that I did write an nfic using this part as a jumping off point.

She doesn't think people would really want to read the special treat she wrote for me, though.
LOL! What I said was that I wasn't entirely sure how it would go over with the rest of the boards. Not everyone gets me like you do. laugh

My deepest thanks to everyone who has commented. If you're reading this, and you haven't stopped in, please, please, PLEASE click in that "quick reply" box below. You don't have to leave something long, just let me know that you're out there. grovel sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Susan posted:

Well, I happen to know that an insanely erotic, mind-meltingly hot N-fic scene is sitting on her hard drive (and my inbox!) right now. She doesn't think people would really want to read the special treat she wrote for me, though. Maybe more story feedback would change her mind

Sue posted:

I cannot deny that I did write an nfic using this part as a jumping off point.

...and...

LOL! What I said was that I wasn't entirely sure how it would go over with the rest of the boards. Not everyone gets me like you do.

Now I'm posting grin :

(cough cough)...(sharp intake of breath)...(wink, wink)...(elbow jab lightly directed towards Sue)...

Umm, yes.

Please--Definitely--Extremely--All-consumingly would LOVE to read this! grovel grovel grovel grovel (and one extra " grovel " for emphasis wink ).

Could you, would you, can you, please will you post this at some point? (yes, begging is definitely not beneath me grin).

Laura, who now will be trying to get her excitement under wraps and head towards bed...Night wave.

grovel (Please!)

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
RL is a pain in the butt. In any case, time to put my two cents into the fire ...

The fact that he could only resist Lois for short periods of time was a secret Clark harbored nearly as closely as Superman's identity. He had done his best to get out of his apartment before Lois could tempt him into staying longer. Flirting with her was one thing, but seeing his normally unflappable partner vulnerable and teary-eyed brought out every protective instinct he possessed. It had taken a huge amount of restraint not to hug her when she'd admitted that she was afraid. If he had stayed, and she'd turned to him for comfort, events could have spiraled out of control.

Not nearly as much as it will when she finds out the truth! Clark my friend you are skating on very thin ice!

Clark was just a tad bit foolish stepping into Luthor's home ground.

It was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Clark descended rapidly to land on the deck outside Luthor's office. He swung his arm, adjusting the cape so it fluttered out behind him, then placed his hands on his hips in a deliberately aggressive stance. Clark had the momentary satisfaction of seeing both Luthor and Mrs. Cox become slack-jawed in astonishment. A moment later their expressions simultaneously shifted to masks of pleasant indifference. Luthor pressed a button on the desk and the pane of glass separating them slid silently open.

Of course those two treated him with indifference, at the moment they held the one thing that could not only cripple him, but kill. The confrontation between Lex and Superman was chilling to say the least, the billionaire truly had him on the ropes with the threat of Krypton looming in the air.

"No, I am warning you." Luthor leaned forward slightly, his dark gaze boring into Clark's. "If anyone is in danger, Superman, it's you."

Clark blinked, then felt a chill slide down his spine at how utterly calm Luthor was. Clearly the man felt he was holding all the cards.

"Yes," Mrs. Cox chimed in. "I saw you on the news earlier today. You were looking a little green around the gills. Have you been feeling well?"

Clark didn't glance at her, didn't take his gaze from Luthor. The man was sitting stiff and proud, his dark eyes glittering with satisfied amusement. His cold confidence gave Clark a perfect understanding of the unspoken threat. Luthor had kryptonite and he had no qualms about using it. Luckily, he didn't seem to have it anywhere in the room at the moment.

For several long and silent seconds nobody moved. Clark didn't blink, didn't twitch. He didn't want to do anything to show the slightest hint of fear even as a giant hand seemed to be squeezing his chest. He met Luthor's gaze, staring him down.

It was Mrs. Cox who broke the silence, clearing her throat as she rose from her perch on the corner of the desk. "I'm afraid you caught us just as we were about to go into a meeting. If you'd like, I can put you on the schedule for tomorrow…"

"No," Clark answered without taking his eyes off of Luthor. "We're done here."

"Yes," Luthor said softly, "I believe we are."

For another long moment they glared at each other. Then Clark turned, striding confidently out of the penthouse and onto the patio.

"Please be careful, Superman," Luthor called out. "It would be a tragedy if anything should happen to you."

This was so well written I couldn't leave any part of it out! My heart jumped! Poor Superman! help

Now, where do we go from here? Come on Thursday!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by groobie
Well, I happen to know that an insanely erotic, mind-meltingly hot N-fic scene is sitting on her hard drive (and my inbox!) right now. devil

[Linked Image]

Let's get this story finished first. laugh
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by groobie
She doesn't think people would really want to read the special treat she wrote for me, though.

Yeah, sure...

[Linked Image]

(The Emperor's New Groove - such a masterpiece!) laugh

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
[Linked Image] Wow Sue, what a hot scene. A simple cigarette wouldn't be enough! Yes, I am a silent, rabid lurker of every syllable you have written on this story. You write, I'll diligently lurk. Never doubt your loyal fan base. [Linked Image]

I am delighted to hear that you are committed to finishing "A Nice Girl" and "Second Honeymoon." Angelic music to my ears. And yep, I'll be right here lurking to read those as well. [Linked Image]

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So part 5, you and I got along very well. So well, in fact, that I believe I'll go back and read you again. And again. And again one more time.

Thought that Clark going to the Apollo was a smart decision, and a nice callback to the pilot. I thought he might spend the night hovering over his apartment, trying *not* to use his vision gizmo to check on Lois, lol.

Superman's encounter with Lex was well-done, too. The one line you wrote... what was it... oh, this one:

"No, I am warning you." Luthor leaned forward slightly, his dark gaze boring into Clark's. "If anyone is in danger, Superman, it's you."

Clark blinked, then felt a chill slide down his spine at how utterly calm Luthor was. Clearly the man felt he was holding all the cards.

Yeah, when Clark get s chill down his spine, I *definitely* do. Lex is always confident, but the utter calm in the face of the most physically powerful man in the world? That scares me, too, Clark.

Thankfully, before I could get too shudder-y about that, you nicely switched the scene back to Lois in Clark's bed and their nightly phone conversations (are they nightly? that's the only drawback of posting in parts... I tend to get the timeline mixed up because I don't always go back to reread the older parts before reading the latest one.) I had to laugh at Lois referring to Superman as a rat fink for telling Clark she was there - seems very Lois. And when she was telling him it'd been a long day, and he told her to say the word and he'd be on a plane? Aw, my heart soared with hers. So sweet, so Clark.

Clark chuckled. "For the record, Lois, most of the time I take great pleasure in messing with you. But this isn't one of those times."

Had to highlight this one, because it was one of my favorite lines from this part. I love Clark sweet, I love him thoughtful, I love him beyond nice... but I love him just a tad mischievous, too.

Oh, and the end? With the questions about what people wear to bed, and what phone they are using, and if they are under the covers, and... um, Lois was not the only one with the pounding heart. I was over here all like, are they are actually, true-story flirting with each other? Like, way pushing the boundaries of what's appropriate for friends flirting? Oh my, I love that. Please, let's have more of that!

Tracey smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm still here...waiting impatiently for my weekly installments!

"We're both barefoot, both flushed, and we both look guilty as hell. Clark has finger-combed his hair but I'm positive mine looks like I was just f… fished out of the river."

<3 this fic!
'The Next Step' By Sue S.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, Sue, you are doing it again! Hitting another story out of the ball park! Just love your writing style and the beautiful way that you capture Lois & Clark's personalities in them! Please, please post your nfic chapter to this story!! smile1

Blogger
Blogger
RL keeps me from stopping on the boards as often as I'd like, but I wanted to let you know that you still have a reader in Pittsburgh! wave

I'm looking forward to the rest of this story and anything else that you want to share with us (including the nfic chapter)! thumbsup

S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Originally Posted by GooBoo
Yes, I definitely want to see what happens next with this story, and it's not that I don't love everything you write, but what are you doing here when you should be over in nFic finishing both A Nice Girl and Second Honeymoon?

I´m here with groobie grin

I like this "new" story too. And as much as I´d like to see the rest of it, I´d love to get more of your nfic stories. mecry

But nonetheless, I just wanted to say, I really love your writing style and all of your stories and I´m waiting for the next part(s) patiently grin

Stephanie

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'm still following this story as eagerly as ever. This last chapter was the best one yet! It's Friday here now so I am chomping at the bit for Part 6... it will surely be the highlight of my day! smile

Elizabeth

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]
He had done his best to get out of his apartment before Lois could tempt him into staying longer.
LOIS: huh I only removed my shirt. I was still wearing a bra when Superman suddenly heard a fire across town…

If he had stayed, and she'd turned to him for comfort, events could have spiraled out of control.
[Linked Image]

Who was he kidding? Events were already beyond his control. Lois was being stalked by Lex Luthor. There was a serial arsonist loose in the city. Not only were they burning down vacant buildings, but they were also randomly leaving behind kryptonite.
On the upside, it’s all tied up in one nice bundle.
LEX: smile1 He called me ‘nice’!

It was entirely possible that all those things were related.
Look who’s eaten his smart stuff.
SMART KIDS: wave

It was also only six blocks away from his apartment; close enough for him to hear if Lois called out for Superman.
Like when she’s ‘relaxing’ in his bed?

Twenty minutes later he was in a dingy room on the fourth floor, trying unsuccessfully to stop himself from wondering if Lois had put on that t-shirt yet. Was she sitting on his couch, watching television? Was she on his bed and reading a book?
Or maybe she’s just undressing, getting ready to shower. Or maybe, she’s even inside the shower already, soaping up all the right places…
CLARK: help

Maybe that was the lure? What if it had nothing to do with her brilliant mind, her driving ambition, or a body that made desire well up in him like a spring each time he saw her. Maybe he only wanted what he couldn't have.
Wouldn’t that be awkward? Although, it *would* explain his lack of interest in Cat.

or a moment Clark let himself imagine what might happen if he went back to his apartment and confessed everything. How would Lois take it?
LOIS: [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

If it was Luthor, why was he toying with Superman?
Cat: confused
Mouse: help

Clark paused, hovering above the building, to listen in.
Is that…legal? Also, is he properly outfitted with navigation lights, so passing helicopters won’t collide with him?

"She has to be somewhere," Luthor growled with a barely concealed impatience. "She can't have simply vanished into thin air. What about Perry White?"
TEMPUS: wave

"He's down at the shore, but we haven't spotted her there, either. Perhaps she is en route?"
Perry’s close to the water? Maybe he could take a walk on the pier and have an ‘accident’? Or maybe he’s going out fishing on a small boat and misses the cargo ship coming straight at him from starboard?

It was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Clark descended rapidly to land on the deck outside Luthor's office.
Aaahhh…there it is. Pride does come before a fall.

Clark didn't budge from where he stood. "You said there was no need for pretense between us, so don't flatter yourself that there is anything you could do for me."
To be fair, Lex *could* use one of his prized Japanese swords to perform seppuku.

"And you need to accept that I cannot simply walk away when there is the potential that she might be in danger."
Danger from him.
LEX: And your point being…?

Luckily, he didn't seem to have it anywhere in the room at the moment.
Yeah…about that…

"Please be careful, Superman," Luthor called out. "It would be a tragedy if anything should happen to you."
confused Why…how…what…?

She washed her face, swished a dollop of Clark's toothpaste in her mouth in lieu of brushing her teeth,
Shouldn’t he have some spare toothbrushes lying around?

then changed into his t-shirt. Lois wondered what Clark would say if he could see her now. Would he be annoyed? Intrigued? Make fun of her because her legs were too skinny?
CLARK: [Linked Image]
Also, fun juxtaposition with the legs!

Then again, so was his compulsion to edit her copy. Maybe there was one thing she wasn't going to miss about their partnership.
Right…
EDITORS: We certainly do miss him!

Maybe it was his girlfriend, calling to leave a message.
That would be awkward.

Equal parts irritation and embarrassment coursed through her as she lifted the receiver. "He told you? Superman told you I was here? He promised me he wouldn't tell you!"
rotflol Also…Oops?

"What else did he tell you?" she demanded.
Like that she looooves him? That she wants his baaaabies?

"True," he said, his voice pitched in what she knew was him affecting a mockingly reasonable tone. "I only work so I can support your need for clandestine locations."
I guess it’s as good a reason as any…

Lois stretched out beneath his covers and settled deeper into his pillow. His sheets and pillows retained the faintest scent of Clark, making it feel like the next best thing to an actual hug from him.
He’s probably never going to wash those sheets again.

"You do realize that, so far, you've lived a pretty fulfilling life without knowing either one of those things. Why does it matter who I'm in love with or what Superman wears to bed?"
So she can plot a demise and have a healthy fantasy life?

"Would you want Superman to know what you wear to bed?"
That’s a loaded question.

Ooooh! I know where this is heading!

shock

Was this some psychological thing where she was so afraid of losing Clark that she was going to start blatantly flirting with him? Or was it because he'd admitted he enjoyed messing with her and she just wanted to give him a taste of his own medicine?
There’s a difference?

Either way, it seemed like a good idea to use her most sultry voice to coo into the phone, "Sweet dreams, Clark."
Oh boy…

If Superman asked Lois to stay put, there was a fair chance that she'd do it.
Yeah, like probably almost even odds?

There was the casual kind of flirting that you did with a co-worker, and then there was how she'd sounded tonight. Maybe it was finally time to come clean. Maybe, just maybe, she wouldn't reject him after all. It was the biggest, and riskiest, maybe of them all.
Then again, maybe Lex will incapacitate him first with Kryptonite and use Superman being a hostage to force Lois to walk down the aisle.

Or had he long since passed the point where he could safely tell her anything? Maybe he had gone too far now with his deception and his lies for her to ever be able to forgive him. L
So, maybe he should simply keep on lying about him being Superman? I mean, it’s not like they’re genetically compatible so their kids would start to fly. And he could explain his late night walks with a mistress and a gambling habit, mixed up with some late night work thing on occasion?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Even though he'd wanted the distraction, a shiver shot down his spine when a siren began to shrill out its alarm.
Oh boy…

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Wow! I have a lot of catching up to do in here! hyper

Morgana - I agree! RL is a *huge* pain in the butt. Oh, to be independently wealthy... smile

Not nearly as much as it will when she finds out the truth! Clark my friend you are skating on very thin ice!
Challenge accepted! Assuming that she does find out. wink

Clark was just a tad bit foolish stepping into Luthor's home ground.
Yes and no. At the time he didn't know for sure that Luthor had kryptonite. Also, he was there to try and protect Lois.

This was so well written I couldn't leave any part of it out! My heart jumped! Poor Superman!
Thank you! I'm so glad it touched you like that. thumbsup

HiddenMoon - I've gone back and forth about posting the nfic snippet. At this point it really is terribly unformed and needs a lot of work. I'm not ruling it out, but it's probably going to be a few weeks before I'd be able to do it justice. You get bonus points for all the Emperor's New Groove gifs. I love that movie! We quote it a lot at my house. (Why, yes, I speak squirrel!)

SupesFan - A lurker! A genuine lurker dropping in to say 'hi!'

Yes, I am a silent, rabid lurker of every syllable you have written on this story.
Seriously? That's so awesome! smile1

Never doubt your loyal fan base.
Oh, but I *do* doubt it! All the frickin' time! It's very discouraging to see so many hits on a story and only have a handful of people say something. It plays tricks with your mind, making you wonder if they're only reading to point and laugh and mock. It takes so little time to say a few words, so it feels like a deliberate snub when there's silence. I'm trying really hard to be encouraged by how many hits the story gets, but the doubt always creeps in. blush

I am delighted to hear that you are committed to finishing "A Nice Girl" and "Second Honeymoon." Angelic music to my ears. And yep, I'll be right here lurking to read those as well.
I absolutely am committed to finishing them. In fact, they are mostly finished, but I desperately needed a break. I do hope you'll pop up every now and then to let me know you're still out there. It will mean the world to me. laugh

Tracey - Awww! I love to hear that you want to read it again (and again). smile

Thought that Clark going to the Apollo was a smart decision, and a nice callback to the pilot. I thought he might spend the night hovering over his apartment, trying *not* to use his vision gizmo to check on Lois, lol.
LOL! I don't want to torture him quite that much. Just a little. wink

Yeah, when Clark get s chill down his spine, I *definitely* do. Lex is always confident, but the utter calm in the face of the most physically powerful man in the world? That scares me, too, Clark.
Huzzah! Exactly the mood I was going for!

Had to highlight this one, because it was one of my favorite lines from this part. I love Clark sweet, I love him thoughtful, I love him beyond nice... but I love him just a tad mischievous, too.
I fell in love with Clark Kent the moment he teased her in the Pilot about liking to be on top. That kind of mischievous is like catnip to me.

Oh, and the end? With the questions about what people wear to bed, and what phone they are using, and if they are under the covers, and... um, Lois was not the only one with the pounding heart. I was over here all like, are they are actually, true-story flirting with each other? Like, way pushing the boundaries of what's appropriate for friends flirting? Oh my, I love that. Please, let's have more of that!
Yes, they were flirting beyond the normal boundaries. And they both recognized it, too.

Lola - Glad to have you here! wave

Superjan - Thank you! Like I told HiddenMoon, it'll take me a while, but I'll get the nfic out there eventually. laugh

Dawebb - Yunz knows who my fave Pittsburgher is! I'm thrilled that you're here! Thanks! hyper

Stephanie - Thank you so much for your kind praise. laugh I promise there is more coming on the nfic front, as soon as this one is finished. (And we're halfway there now!)

Elizabeth - It's coming! As soon as I finish answering this thread, I'll be posting. Thanks!

Michael - LOL! Now there's an image! Luckily, she still retains just enough awe of Superman not to do a striptease in front of him.

Like when she’s ‘relaxing’ in his bed?
Bwahahaha! See, that's the kind of comment that keeps me from drinking while reading. wink

Is that…legal? Also, is he properly outfitted with navigation lights, so passing helicopters won’t collide with him?
lol And so it that!

Also, fun juxtaposition with the legs!
Thanks for catching that!

That would be awkward.
Only if a) said girlfriend was someone else, and b) if Lois actually answered the phone before she knew who it was.

Like that she looooves him? That she wants his baaaabies?
Miss Congeniality! clap

He’s probably never going to wash those sheets again.
Before this story is over, there might be a lot of things he'll never wash again. wink

Yeah, like probably almost even odds?
Even odds is better than the usual odds on her staying put.

Then again, maybe Lex will incapacitate him first with Kryptonite and use Superman being a hostage to force Lois to walk down the aisle.
Nah, that's already been done, and much better than I could write it. (see Caroline K's 'If I Were You')

So, maybe he should simply keep on lying about him being Superman? I mean, it’s not like they’re genetically compatible so their kids would start to fly. And he could explain his late night walks with a mistress and a gambling habit, mixed up with some late night work thing on occasion?
Sure, that'll work. <snorfle>

Thank you all SO much! Your comments are all I have to show for all the hours I spend writing, so it really does mean a lot to hear from you. sloppy

Ides of Metropolis
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Coming out of my semi-lurker status to say hi wave

I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said other than I think most reader here gobble up anything you write no matter what side of the boards it's posted on, so you shouldn't be nervous about posting. I know it doesn't work that way and I can't imagine how nerve racking it can be posting on the other side.

LOL! What I said was that I wasn't entirely sure how it would go over with the rest of the boards. Not everyone gets me like you do. laugh

I'll be there though if you decide to post it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard