Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Does anyone recall off the top of your head what rank of officer Clark impersonated while he and Lois sneaked onto Fort Truman?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 09/10/15 12:58 PM. Reason: fixed typo

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Not a clue, but I'll happily scrutinize all the scenes of him in the uniform if you need me to.

Please say you need me to! grovel

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, KK, but I'm back home now and have it running in the background. But if you need to make some Avatars of Clark in an Army uniform, I'm betting I'm not the only one who would say, "Yes, please!" hyper I guess, you could do Lois too. /she sheepishly admits/ although I doubt there are any great shots of Lois in fatigues.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He has two bars on his shoulders, so I'm going with Captain. (Ken, please correct me if I'm wrong. My Army insignia recognition comes from watching M*A*S*H and NCIS. wink )

VirginiaR.
---
Top Banana
Top Banana

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Two bars is Captain for U.S. Army, Marines and Air force. Two bars in the Navy is the same rank (O3), but the title is Lieutenant. (In historical times "Captains" all commanded similar numbers of men. Then ships got much bigger and the Navy Captain rank was elevated to O5, equivalent to a Colonel in the other forces.)

Last edited by Shallowford; 09/14/15 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Shallowford
Two bars is Captain for U.S. Army, Marines and Air force. Two bars in the Navy is the same rank (O3), but the title is Lieutenant. (In historical times a "Captains" all commanded similar numbers of men. Then ships got much bigger and the Navy Captain rank was elevated to O5, equivalent to a Colonel in the other forces.)
Thanks, Shallowford. I knew that Captain was a higher rank in the Navy than in the other armed forces, but I love all the historical details you supplied. smile I've been re-watching M*A*S*H with the kids (we're already on S5) and they've become addicted. We're also 5 seasons in on NCIS, too (Our other current addiction).

VirginiaR.
---
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I've been re-watching M*A*S*H with the kids (we're already on S5) and they've become addicted. We're also 5 seasons in on NCIS, too (Our other current addiction).
A woman after my own heart there, Virginia!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He has two bars on his shoulders, so I'm going with Captain. (Ken, please correct me if I'm wrong. My Army insignia recognition comes from watching M*A*S*H and NCIS. wink )

Yes, two bars in Captain. In the everything, but the Navy that is a company grade officer. A Captain in the Navy is an O6 - Field grade.

Last edited by KenJ; 09/16/15 04:32 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KenJ
Yes, two bars in Captain. In the everything, but the Navy that is a company grade officer. A Captain in the Navy is an O6 - Field grade.
Thanks, Ken! smile

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aaaaand Virginia inspired another(small) plot bunny in my head. A few questions:

Does a name appear on the uniform Clark was wearing?

When Clark is caught and put in the holding cell, do the soldiers with him have visible names on their uniforms?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois's uniform definitely reads "Smith". Clark's wearing a name-badge too, but I didn't pay much attention to it (because it wasn't important for my story). I don't think you can see any name badges on the MPs who put Clark in the stockade.

hyper About your plot bunny!

Last edited by VirginiaR; 09/17/15 02:04 AM. Reason: Added PS

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Virginia. I might have to pop the dvd in and check, since my go-to screen grab site is no longer in existence.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I found a video online! It was Jones, in case anyone else needs to know.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I had a strange feeling it might be. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I had a strange feeling it might be. evil

Yes, well, they were so terribly clever at unique names and all... devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard