Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: VirginiaR Clark's rank in Operation Blackout - 09/10/15 04:57 PM
Does anyone recall off the top of your head what rank of officer Clark impersonated while he and Lois sneaked onto Fort Truman?
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: Clark's rank in Operation Blackout - 09/10/15 05:07 PM
Not a clue, but I'll happily scrutinize all the scenes of him in the uniform if you need me to.

Please say you need me to! grovel
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Clark's rank in Operation Blackout - 09/10/15 10:00 PM
Thanks, KK, but I'm back home now and have it running in the background. But if you need to make some Avatars of Clark in an Army uniform, I'm betting I'm not the only one who would say, "Yes, please!" hyper I guess, you could do Lois too. /she sheepishly admits/ although I doubt there are any great shots of Lois in fatigues.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Clark's rank in Operation Blackout - 09/10/15 10:07 PM
He has two bars on his shoulders, so I'm going with Captain. (Ken, please correct me if I'm wrong. My Army insignia recognition comes from watching M*A*S*H and NCIS. wink )
Posted By: KatherineKent Re: Clark's rank in Operation Blackout - 09/11/15 07:59 PM
Icons as requested laugh
Posted By: Shallowford Re: Clark's rank in Operation Blackout - 09/12/15 12:21 PM
Two bars is Captain for U.S. Army, Marines and Air force. Two bars in the Navy is the same rank (O3), but the title is Lieutenant. (In historical times "Captains" all commanded similar numbers of men. Then ships got much bigger and the Navy Captain rank was elevated to O5, equivalent to a Colonel in the other forces.)
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Clark's rank in Operation Blackout - 09/12/15 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by Shallowford
Two bars is Captain for U.S. Army, Marines and Air force. Two bars in the Navy is the same rank (O3), but the title is Lieutenant. (In historical times a "Captains" all commanded similar numbers of men. Then ships got much bigger and the Navy Captain rank was elevated to O5, equivalent to a Colonel in the other forces.)
Thanks, Shallowford. I knew that Captain was a higher rank in the Navy than in the other armed forces, but I love all the historical details you supplied. smile I've been re-watching M*A*S*H with the kids (we're already on S5) and they've become addicted. We're also 5 seasons in on NCIS, too (Our other current addiction).
Posted By: NostalgiaKick Re: Clark's rank in Operation Blackout - 09/13/15 04:33 AM
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I've been re-watching M*A*S*H with the kids (we're already on S5) and they've become addicted. We're also 5 seasons in on NCIS, too (Our other current addiction).
A woman after my own heart there, Virginia!
Posted By: KenJ Re: Clark's rank in Operation Blackout - 09/16/15 08:30 PM
He has two bars on his shoulders, so I'm going with Captain. (Ken, please correct me if I'm wrong. My Army insignia recognition comes from watching M*A*S*H and NCIS. wink )

Yes, two bars in Captain. In the everything, but the Navy that is a company grade officer. A Captain in the Navy is an O6 - Field grade.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Clark's rank in Operation Blackout - 09/16/15 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by KenJ
Yes, two bars in Captain. In the everything, but the Navy that is a company grade officer. A Captain in the Navy is an O6 - Field grade.
Thanks, Ken! smile
Aaaaand Virginia inspired another(small) plot bunny in my head. A few questions:

Does a name appear on the uniform Clark was wearing?

When Clark is caught and put in the holding cell, do the soldiers with him have visible names on their uniforms?
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Clark's rank in Operation Blackout - 09/17/15 06:03 AM
Lois's uniform definitely reads "Smith". Clark's wearing a name-badge too, but I didn't pay much attention to it (because it wasn't important for my story). I don't think you can see any name badges on the MPs who put Clark in the stockade.

hyper About your plot bunny!
Thanks, Virginia. I might have to pop the dvd in and check, since my go-to screen grab site is no longer in existence.
I found a video online! It was Jones, in case anyone else needs to know.
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Clark's rank in Operation Blackout - 09/18/15 04:59 AM
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I had a strange feeling it might be. evil
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
I had a strange feeling it might be. evil

Yes, well, they were so terribly clever at unique names and all... devil
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards