I posted this over on the other board...and everyone said to post it here...so I am. Just the prolouge, for now. To see what people think. I have the prolouge, and Chapters 1 and 2 so far...and a lot more brainstormed. Don't worry...there WILL be a happy ending in...well...in the end...but...

here goes...

-------------------------------------------------

My name is Artemis Lara Kent Luthor Lane.
Yes, Kent as in Clark Kent.

Yes, Luthor as in Lex Luthor.

Yes, Lane as in Lois Lane.

No, you didn’t just read that wrong.

My story is a long one, but hopefully an interesting one. It starts nearly a quarter of a century before I was conceived thousands of light-years away on a planet called Krypton. Krypton was about to destroy itself, but one couple sent their son, Kal-El, to earth. Kal-El was adopted by humans, Jonathan and Martha Kent. He was re-named Clark Kent.

As Clark Kent grew from the alien child found in a spaceship to an adult on a world of humans, he developed powers that separated him from his peers. Enhanced speed, strength, and hearing as well as X-ray vision and the capability to send powerful heat rays from his eyes; physically impervious to all forms of attack, and most impressive, the ability to fly.

Of course, if you know history you already know that much. You also probably know that, upon reaching adulthood, a series of events changed the life of the former Kal-El of Krypton beyond recognition. First, he moved to Metropolis, then he became a reporter for the Daily Planet, and finally, he met and was assigned a partnership with Lois Lane. From that partnership, a friendship grew. Yet under that friendship, there was always something more. Something…unspeakable.

So when a woman named Miranda created a perfume that destroyed pretences and inhibitions put up to protect society from the full passion of love and lust, that unspeakable something surfaced. I will not go into detail on the circumstances surrounding that incident, as I am the result. Though, all that was determined then was my existence. Who I truly am was not set in stone until the day Lois Lane agreed to marry Lex Luthor. From then on, I was to be the child with many names, raised by my step-father to be a huntress, possessed by my mother’s insatiable desire for news, and destined through my father to become the one they call Silverstone.

My name is Artemis Lara Kent Luthor Lane, and this is my story.