House of Luthor - Matchmaker Style

Rated PG-13

*Word* is for emphasis
<"word"> is thoughts
/*word*/ audiotape playback

Previously

"I simply wanted to stop by and proffer my congratulations on your success investigating Lex Luthor and on finally having the church wedding that both of your families desired. It was a lovely affair and very fitting. Most of the other Clark and Lois couples I have met were not married so soon after meeting. Most took time to develop a relationship."

Lois pointed out, "The future memories that you gave me of our married life really short-cut the process. Clark fell in love with me the minute we met. I have no idea how long it would have taken me to fall for him and I guess we'll never know. You say that in most universes it took longer. Not in all?"

"No, we recently discovered a universe where they married early, but I have yet to investigate the circumstances. The couple I am most familiar with is the one in my own universe and it took them approximately three years to finally wed. Actually, since the timelines parallel, that Lois was also involved in a wedding, to Lex Luthor."

Lois interrupted, "Please tell me that she didn't go through with it."

"It pleases me to say that she did not. It was a close thing though. At the very altar there was no one to object to the wedding, but when asked if she took Luthor as her husband, she said, ‘I can't' just as Perry White and the MPD invaded and arrested Luthor."

"How did that work out? With all of the charges we have racked up against him, if he’s lucky he’ll get life and not the death penalty."

"In that universe, as with you, Luthor had trapped Clark in a Kryptonite cage. As a result, Luthor signed his own death warrant. He managed to escape the police as he did with the police here; however, that Lois was not there to stop him …"

Lois chuckled and added, "Or a Martha to lay him out with her Bible."

Herb agreed, "Or a Martha to club him. He was cornered by the police on his balcony and chose to take that fatal leap rather than spend the rest of his life in jail."

Lois's hand flew to her mouth as she choked out, "From the balcony?"

Clark was practical, "Was anyone else hurt?"

Herb shook his head and replied, "No, just him."

Clark nodded and said, "At least he didn't hurt anyone else."

As Herb reached into his pocket he said, "I do have a wedding present for you." When he pulled out his hand he was holding a jewelry box. Handing it to Lois he said, "This is a very special piece of jewelry to celebrate your wedding. I think you'll like it."

Lois took it and when she opened the lid, exclaimed, "Ohhhh, it's beautiful!"

The sight that had greeted her eyes was a silver pendent on a silver chain. The pendent was in the form of Superman's family crest and was studded with very unusual star sapphires.

Herb explained, "Beautiful, indeed and also eminently practical. You are familiar with green Kryptonite."

Clark looked at the pendent askance and said, "I don't feel anything, but why would you give Lois a green Kryptonite pendent, anyway?"

Herb had a shocked expression as then said, "No, my boy. That does not contain green Kryptonite. I was going to explain that there are other forms of Kryptonite out there with which you are unfamiliar. For instance, if you look closely at those star sapphires you will see that they actually have a double star. They are a hitherto unknown variety of Kryptonite and very rare. I hasten to add that the star sapphire Kryptonite will not affect you in any way. There is also a form with a red color whose affects will be unpredictable."

"Unpredictable?"

"Yes, one sample caused the Superman of my universe to simply loose interest in what was going on around him. Another one caused him to lose control of his powers, exacerbating their effects. Any normal movement was exaggerated ten times. Anytime he tried to move he would crash into furniture. He almost wrecked the house."

Lois interrupted, "Speaking of house. Clark, I saw a for sale sign that just went up the last time I was going to the Brightview precinct."

"I don't know, Lois. Right now, we are out of work."

Herb replied, "Please allow me to set your mind at ease on that point. Now that Luthor has been arrested the gentleman that Perry White talked to will in fact buy the Planet. You will be back to work shortly. You will be in temporary quarters until the building is rehabilitated and the printing will be done at another facility, but it will not be long."

Lois released a relieved sigh, and said, "Well, that is certainly good news. Who is … uh, that is who will be the new owner?"

"I think I’ll allow Mr. White the pleasure of informing you of that fact.. Uh. might I ask the address of the house you saw the for sale sign on?"

Lois pulled out her pad and checked, "348 Hyperion Avenue. It's an old brownstone, but it has a lot of character."

Herb smiled and said, "I believe that you will find that it has a secret closet where you can store your spare uniforms."

Lois gasped, "You know the house?"

"It is a funny thing about the parallel universes, so many things are duplicated. Most of the Lois Lane and Clark Kent couples I know live at that address."

Lois looked at Clark and said, "Based on that, I guess we can't go wrong. As soon as you are up to it, let's go see."

Smiling, Clark said, "Sounds like a plan."

Herb interrupted and addressed to Clark, "Now, back to the Kryptonite. Contained in that pendent are two forms of Kryptonite, the star sapphire that I mentioned and a red form that will not affect you." Turning to Lois he said, "It is very important that you carry this on your person at all times from now on."

"Why?"

"Ah, my dear, I must resort to my motto, ‘too much information too soon is not good. Rest assured that when the time comes you will know why I have given you this caution."

“But won’t the shape give away the secret?”

Herb smiled a secret smile and said, “I think you will find that very soon pendants such as that will be sold in stores with the proceeds going to the Superman Foundation. I would imagine that the only difference there will be between this one and those will be the fact that yours is silver and contains the Kryptonite I mentioned.” Herb gave a slight chuckle and finished, “I would imagine that many members of the Superman Fan Club will be wearing them.”

Lois smiled and clasped the chain about her neck.

And now

Chapter 12

It took two full days for Clark to recover enough to start floating above the bed. The next day they packed a bag each and he flew them to Smallville. His flying ability was still a bit weak, but they made it and the fact that it was a bright sunny day and they were in the sun the entire way helped.

After spending two days with Clark's parents lounging in the sun and with Martha fussing over both of them like a mother hen over her chicks.

The afternoon of the second day, Clark was feeling a lot better. All four were lounging in the yard with glasses of iced tea that Martha had prepared when Clark brought up a subject, “As soon as we get some time, there’s someone I’d like all of you to meet. Over the last couple of months if I’ve had a rescue on the west coast or mid-west I’ve made a detour by Chicago. I’ve been visiting that little girl I saved from the high-rise fire.”

Lois asked, “Her name is Carrie, Isn’t it?”

“Yes, that’s her. Carrie Harris. She is the sweetest little girl. I’m sure you’d love her. In a lot of respects, she reminds me of you.”

Lois smiled and said, “I’d love to meet her. Now that the Luthor investigation is over, we should have some time.”

“I think I’ve formed a strong enough friendship with her mother and father, Phoebe and Warren, that they’d let me take her for an afternoon.”

Martha replied, “I’d like to meet her too. You could bring her here.”

“I’ll ask them the next time I visit and set it up.”

“Herb told us that she was important to us. I wonder why.”

“I guess, as Herb would say, ‘Only time will tell.’”

The next day he was recovered enough for the flight to their island. After packing, Clark flew them there.

As they landed in front of their bungalow, Lois kept her arms around his neck even though he had lowered her feet to the sand of the beach. His arms were still around her back and he pulled her towards himself and as he did, she almost literally melted into him. At the same time her lips joined his in a long, gentle, deep kiss.

When they broke from the kiss, Lois said, "I have missed you so. This last month has been torture. At least I was able to see you at Lucy's."

"I've missed you as well. Thank you for rescuing me. You still need to tell me how you found me."

Lois smiled and said, "Oh, there was nothing to it. I just asked Mrs. Cox, sweetly, if she would tell me where you were and … she told me."

"Somehow, I don't think it was really as easy as that."

Lois moved back in and started another series of kisses which interspersed her words, "I'll" kiss, "tell" kiss, "you" kiss, "sometime." Then she stepped back and reaching up undid the top button of her blouse. As she undid the buttons, bit by bit the creamy flesh of her throat and chest came into view. Along with that her new pendant was also displayed,

Clark reached out a finger and touched it. He said, "It is rather pretty, but not as pretty as the wearer."

Lois wondered aloud, "I wonder why he said I have to wear it all of the time."

"He usually has a reason for the things he says."

"Yeah, I just wish he would tell us what they were."

As he moved in for another kiss, he said, "Who cares. As long as it doesn't get in the way." He finished unbuttoning her top, moved his hands to her throat, gently cradling it before he slowly slid his hands to the sides and brushed her top off her shoulders and down her arms.

She whispered, "My turn, and reaching under his cape she found the tab of the hidden zipper. As she started to slide it down, Clark chuckled and said, "Remember the last time you did that? I misunderstood your motive and questioned it. But you were right. I think that leaving the Suit there did act as a distraction. You know it's going to be something of a shock to Luthor when he hears that Superman is back. I for one could wish to be there to see his expression when he hears."

Lois stopped and said, “You know, Superman may be called to testify to the attempted murder charge.”

“I don’t think there will be any problem with him appearing.”

She smiled and resumed what she had been doing. When she had finished lowering the zipper she grasped the Suit at the neckline and started pulling it down, revealing his muscular chest. After pulling the top from the bottoms and casting it aside, Clark removed the cape and let it join the top on the sand.

As soon as he let the cape fall, Lois's hands were on his chest, exploring the planes and valleys. Clark allowed that for only a few seconds and then pulled her into a hug during which he released the hooks of her bra. When he allowed her to step back she shrugged out of the garment and then returned her arms to his neck, pulling her body back into contact with his as she reached up and started yet another kiss.

She reveled in the feeling of her breasts being gently crushed against his chest and her nipples started to get hard with the contact. She murmured, "It has been too long since we've been here. You know, now that we've had our ‘church' wedding we could consider this our ‘official' honeymoon and I don't want to wait to consummate our wedding."

With her arms around his neck and his around her waist, he floated them through the door of the bungalow and into the bedroom.

When her feet touched the floor again, she released his neck and stepped back. Keeping her eyes on his, her hands moved down, across his chest to his waist. She hooked her fingers in the waistband of his bottoms and started to slide them down. As she did, she sank to a kneeling position and when his bottoms passed his hips, she was ready.

Grasping her arms he pulled her to her feet in front of him as he said, "My turn," and kneeling down in front of her he undid the button and lowered the zip, then hooked his thumbs in the waistband of her pants and started sliding them down off her hips and down her long slender legs. Placing his hands on her hips after her pants were down he supported her as she stepped free of them.

This started a period of marital intimacy.

After a time he lay next to her, caressing her as he kissed the side of her neck and face.

She heaved a deep, contented sigh and said, "That was wonderful."

"You can say that again," was his reply.

She giggled and said, "That was wonderful."

He smiled and said, "I'm not going to fall into that trap again. I really enjoyed that too." He thought for a second and then asked, "How about a swim?"

Lois smiled and said, "Sure. Let's use the pool under the falls."

Picking her up, Clark floated them out of the bungalow and up to the pool. He was in the process of kissing his wife as the slipped below the water.

After playing in the water for a while, Lois swam to the edge and climbed out, beckoning her husband to follow, which he did. "Come on, husband, it's time for another romp."

Smiling he said, "I'm still not completely recovered form that Kryptonite exposure. You could wear me out."

Lois smiled and said, "I intend to."

As she finished speaking, he swept her up and carried her to the bungalow with her giggling and kissing him the entire distance.

Once they were in the bungalow, Lois picked up her bag and pulled out some of Clark's gaily colored ties.

Seeing this, Clark asked, "Why on Earth did you pack my ties?"

Arching an eyebrow, Lois said, "Well, you see, it's this way. At the reception, Lucy told me what she had found. I had been too intent on recapturing Luthor to notice that we had passed through a hidden room. It wasn't exactly a bedroom although there was a bed in it."

"Okay, so he had a secret bedroom. He had a lot of secrets."

"I went back and looked, while you were spending some time with your folks. Luthor never told me where we were going on a honeymoon. I think I know where. That room was where I was going to be spending … perhaps … months. There were restraints. He had told me that clothing would be optional, but I believe that only he would have had that particular option. He was going to make me a prisoner and … sex slave. He probably thought that he could break me that way. Force me to submit to him …"

"I told him that Lois Lane would never submit to him. He was convinced that he could break your will. I guess that was how he planned to do it."

"Anyhow, that got me to thinking. Lay down."

"Lois, you know that those ties won't restrain me."

"They will if you promise not to break them."

As he moved to lie on the bed, Lois said, "I never would have liked it if Luthor had done that to me, but after I have my way with you, it'll be your turn with me. I know that you could never be as cruel as Luthor would have been. With you it should be fun." As soon as he was on the bed she had started securing his wrists and ankles to the bed posts with the ties. As she finished, she asked, "Do you promise not to break the ties?"

"Of course, you brought some of my favorites. I want to wear them again. The only thing is, every time I do, I'll probably think about this," and he chuckled.

She finished tying the last knot and stood back to take in the vision of her naked husband, spread-eagled on the bed with his wrists and ankles secured. Not too surprising, his penis was half way erect. She supposed that the reason for that was the fact that she was standing over him also naked and partly in anticipation of what she was going to do. As she planned what she would do, her mouth suddenly went dry with anticipation and she swallowed and licked her lips. Making up her mind, she knelt on the bed next to him and started running her hands over the planes and valleys of his chest and abdomen. As her hands moved lower, but she avoided touching him in an intimate as her hands moved across his hips and down his thighs.

She gave him an arch look and got up from the bed. Moving over to her bag she delved into it and brought out a squeeze bottle of chocolate syrup.

Seeing that he asked, "What do you plan to do with that?"

Opening the cap she started to squeeze the brown liquid onto his body as she said, "I want some dessert. I had Martha pick this up for me. After I have my dessert, it'll be your turn."

After spending a week on their island, Lois and Clark returned and found a message from Perry White on their answering machine.

The next day, Lois and Clark were standing arm in arm as Jack and Jimmy came strolling up. They were on the sidewalk in front of what had been the Daily Planet building. Clark greeted them, "Hi Jimmy, Jack!"

The yellow warning tape was still in place. The building was boarded up and placards proclaiming that the building had been condemned were visible.

Jimmy commented, "I wish they'd get it over with and tear this old place down."

Lois replied, "Yeah, too many memories."

Clark pointed out, "Most of them good!"

Jimmy replied, "What's goin' on CK? We had a call from Perry asking us to meet him here."

Lois replied, "We had a call too."

They were interrupted by a truck driving up with a large object covered by an even larger tarp on the back.

As they watched, workmen started to remove the tarp and revealed what was underneath - the Daily Planet globe resting in a cradle on the flatbed.

A crane that was mounted to the front of the flat bed moved its boom over the globe and the workmen hooked cables to it.

All four stood staring at the globe, unmoving as Perry strode up, behind them. Their first inkling that he was present was when he asked, "What do you think? Are you ready to get back to work?"

As one, the four spun around and stared at Perry. Finally, Jimmy asked, "Are you serious?"

They hadn't noticed it, but a supporting structure had been erected in front of the doors of the building. The globe was lifted from the flat bed and swung into place, over the supports and slowly lowered into place.

Perry pointed at the globe and said, "Does that look serious?"

Clark replied, "Yeah, it looks serious, but the building isn't ready to be occupied."

Perry smiled and asked, "What is the Daily Planet?"

Lois flung out her hand and said, "A wreck."

Perry chuckled and said, "No, Darlin', the Daily Planet isn't a building! The Daily Planet is people! A very special group of people. People dedicated to getting at the truth and telling that truth to the world."

Just then a limo pulled to the curb and once the driver had opened the door, Franklin Stern stepped out. Addressing Perry, he asked in his resonant bass voice, "Well, have you told them?"

"I was just about to." He turned back to the group and said, "I hated the fact that it looked like Luthor had won. I approached Mr. Stern and made an appeal. He didn't like the idea any more than I did. Meet the new owner of the Daily Planet, Mr. Franklin Stern. He wants us to get back to work. Now that Lex Luthor has been arrested we need to let the world know about it. Since we have the exclusive inside story, we have to be the ones to tell it."

Lois looked around at the ruined building and asked, "I guess we could write the articles, but there are no printing presses."

"Mr. Stern has taken care of all of that. They will start rebuilding next week. Until then we need each of you to work from home." He turned to Jimmy and said, "Jimmy, I need you to set up my new computer. I'll be using temporary e-mail account until the Planet is all set up. You will write up your articles and e-mail them to me. I will edit them and send them to my liaison at Stern Publishing. There is a small weekly paper over on the north side of town and they are going to set aside some time on the presses for printing the Daily Planet. I'm going to be calling back as much staff as we can handle with the same deal. We'll start with a single section. I called some of the sales people last week and they are already selling advertising. We have enough that a single section will still show a profit. As more ad space is sold we will increase the size of the paper."

Mr. Stern interjected, "We'll start on the building next week, but first I thought we'd announce to the world we're back in business." As he was speaking he gestured at the globe.

Perry thought of something and turning to Lois asked, "Are you ready for the trial, it starts next week?"

"Ready and eager, but I'll probably be called as a witness."

"When you are, we'll trade off. I'll have Eduardo fill in."

Lois brightened up, "You called him back?"

"Sure did, Darlin' and he's as happy as a pig in a wallow."

Mr. Stern addressed Perry, "There were some ideas I had about modernization."

After what had happened with Luthor, Perry was wary and in a cautious tone, asked, "Modernization?"

Mr. Stern replied, "Yes, improvements, expansions ... Would you like to see the plans?"

Relieved that he appeared to be speaking strictly about building improvements, Perry started to follow. Jimmy and Jack followed along if Perry's wake. Before they got too far, Jack interrupted the proceedings, "Uh, Mr. White?"

Perry turned a kindly eye on Jack. When Jack had first started he had been a little rough around the edges, but through this investigation he had demonstrated many good qualities and Perry had come to like him, a lot. "What's on your mind, Jack?"

"Well, you see, it's this way, Mr. White, I completed my GED and, well, Mr. K, he went to bat for me with the Superman Foundation and they have offered me a scholarship ... to college."

Perry's face lit up with a smile and said, "That's terrific news. What will you be studying?"

Looking at Jimmy, apologetically he said, "Computer Science."

Perry replied, "We'll miss you, but when you finish up, come back. There'll always be a place for you with the Daily Planet."

"I will Mr. White. I will. Thanks."

Lois turned to Clark and asked, "Well, ready to get back to work, partner?"

Smiling, he replied, "Am I ever?"

Herb stepped through the portal into the transport center and looked once again at the motto over the door, "Only time will tell," and smiled thinking <How true, how true.>

He took the tube to his floor and approached his office. As he did, the sensors picked up his bioelectromagnetic signature and the door opened automatically. As he entered, he said, "Lights," and the lights, each of which was designed to look like an early twentieth century gas lamp, came on and illuminated the room. He removed his hat and coat, placing them on the coat tree just inside the door. As he undid his collar button and removed the starched celluloid collar he said, "Computer!"

A female voice appeared to emanate from the very air, "Working."

"Computer, I want to update the file on Universe … Alpha -34 x Gamma 255 x Tau -225 - Herb 10."

"Working. Accessing file. File accessed."

"Computer, this will be an update to this file."

"Recording."

"The events in Herb 10 have progressed satisfactorily. The investigation into Lex Luthor and his activities were concluded. The implanting of her future memories on the brain of the Lois of this universe kept her from falling under the influence of the Lex Luthor. As a result, this Clark went undercover to prosecute the investigation while Lois pretended to have an interest in Luthor. Working on the inside she was able to accumulate evidence crucial to the investigation. Pause."

"Paused."

Herb turned and approached the sideboard where he prepared a cup of Earl Gray tea. Picking up the tea he made his way to the desk and set the teacup on the corner. Before sitting down he returned to the coat rack and retrieved a very small camera from a pocket. Carrying it back to the desk with him he placed it on an electronic pad. Picking up his tea, he took a sip and then said, "Computer."

"Working.'

"Computer, access the data chip of the camera on the pad and upload the pictures. Attach them to the file for Herb 10. I was able to take pictures of the wedding of this Lois and Clark."

"Uploading."

While the computer worked Herb finally sat in his desk chair, which creaked as he did. Once he was settled he picked up his tea for another sip.

A few seconds later he heard, "Upload complete."

"Computer, new topic. Memoranda to all survey teams - Teams should begin to carry micro-miniature recording devices and use them to record any interaction with the Lois Lanes and Clark Kents of the universes they are in and attach the recordings to their files for further analysis."

"Memoranda posted to all survey team members."

"Tickle file."

"Recording. Event?"

"Schedule a trip to Herb 10 for September 1995, local time. I want to be there when the Newtrich sisters attack Superman with the red Kryptonite laser. Lois's possession of the pendant should foil their plot. With the pendant Superman's powers will be duplicated in her giving birth to Ultra Woman, without stripping him of the powers."

"Trigger?"

"Oh, I think I'll take some time before I revisit. Next month will be soon enough. Allow 30 days to elapse and then when I have not had a mission for three days, remind me."

"Recorded. Trigger set."

Herb picked up his teacup and gave an appreciative sigh as he finished the cup. As he sat the cup back on the saucer a light blinked on his desk. Spotting it, he muttered, "What now? Who could be sending me a message and what is it about?" Pushing a button on his desk a panel slid back revealing a flat screen monitor. Once the screen was lit, he said, "Computer, send the memo to my screen."

A second later the text of the message filled the screen.

He muttered, "Report of survey team 125. Surely a follow-up report. Why bother me with it? They must have their reasons. I guess I'll have to read it."

As he started reading the report seemed indeed routine, but as he continued his interest was piqued.

"Report of survey team 125 on universe ULD - Alpha 223 x Gamma 104 x Tau 155. Report of observations of subjects: Lois Lane and Clark Kent.

At the time of discovery, this particular couple was dealing with Lex Luthor, however, they were married at the time …"

Herb finished reading the report and commented, “My, my my. This will indeed call for an investigation. From the preliminary report I received just before this trip to Herb 10 I knew that they had been married early. I guess this calls for a personal visit.”

"Computer!"

"Working."

"Memo to survey team 125. I will take personal responsibility for universe ULD - Alpha 223 x Gamma 104 x Tau 155. They are to transfer all files to my account. Re-designate this as Herb 11."

"Memo sent."

"Tickle file."

"Recording. Event?"

"I will be making a personal survey of universe ULD - Alpha 223 x Gamma 104 x Tau 155, from now on to be known as Herb 11. I need to discover the circumstances surrounding their early marriage."

"Trigger?"

"I think I'll start next week, yes, next week it shall be. Remind me on Tuesday morning."

"Recorded. Trigger set."

comments go here

The end (for now)

Last edited by KenJ; 08/21/15 10:29 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj