Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aha! RL has been more than a little busy lately, but I'm finally ready to make a comment or two! thumbsup

It took two full days for Clark to recover enough to start floating above the bed. The next day they packed a bag each and he flew them to Smallville. His flying ability was still a bit weak, but they made it and the fact that it was a bright sunny day and they were in the sun the entire way helped.

After spending two days with Clark's parents lounging in the sun and with Martha fussing over both of them like a mother hen over her chicks.

Always fun to spend a little time with the family. Especially considering how ill Clark was. Sunshine, home cooked meals and lots of love and attention from Martha and Jonathan will help make him feel much better!

As they landed in front of their bungalow, Lois kept her arms around his neck even though he had lowered her feet to the sand of the beach. His arms were still around her back and he pulled her towards himself and as he did, she almost literally melted into him. At the same time her lips joined his in a long, gentle, deep kiss.

Ah, quiet, sand and surf all in the privacy and quiet of their own personal island. smile1

"Mr. Stern has taken care of all of that. They will start rebuilding next week. Until then we need each of you to work from home." He turned to Jimmy and said, "Jimmy, I need you to set up my new computer. I'll be using temporary e-mail account until the Planet is all set up. You will write up your articles and e-mail them to me. I will edit them and send them to my liaison at Stern Publishing. There is a small weekly paper over on the north side of town and they are going to set aside some time on the presses for printing the Daily Planet. I'm going to be calling back as much staff as we can handle with the same deal. We'll start with a single section. I called some of the sales people last week and they are already selling advertising. We have enough that a single section will still show a profit. As more ad space is sold we will increase the size of the paper."

This explains a lot!!! How much airtime would it have taken? frown

Perry turned a kindly eye on Jack. When Jack had first started he had been a little rough around the edges, but through this investigation he had demonstrated many good qualities and Perry had come to like him, a lot. "What's on your mind, Jack?"

"Well, you see, it's this way, Mr. White, I completed my GED and, well, Mr. K, he went to bat for me with the Superman Foundation and they have offered me a scholarship ... to college."

Perry's face lit up with a smile and said, "That's terrific news. What will you be studying?"

Looking at Jimmy, apologetically he said, "Computer Science."

Perry replied, "We'll miss you, but when you finish up, come back. There'll always be a place for you with the Daily Planet."

Like I said, would it have been too much for the producers to at least explain why Jack suddenly disappeared?

Anyhow, thank you very much for writing an exciting story with several unexpected twists and turns. It is always a pleasure to read them! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you, Morgana, you have been my most faithful reader and commenter. I appreciate it.

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ken,

A very satisfying end to the first season Matchmaker Style. Herb looks like he has more adventures ahead of him in Herb 11. As others have said a much more satisfying transition out for Jack. While I preferred the Michael Landes version of Jimmy and missed having Cat around to annoy Lois, I think I missed Jack the most. He was a very solid addition to the story in the series and here in your version. A very clever young man who could have help Lois and Clark navigate the treacherous waters that Season 2 and 3 generated.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the FDK!

As I stated previously, this was my chance to get back at Luthor. I also wanted to tie up some loose ends, such as Cat and Jack. Hopefully, the exit I gave Jack held some promise for the young man. It is to be presumed that Lois was, in fact, Cat's Matron of Honor.

kj
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
Matchmaker Style is my favorite Lois and Clark series and I hope you continue it with the other seasons. I'd really like to see how they turn out.

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Changling,

Thanks for the FDK!

I am so glad that you like this series.

I ran through season one only.

I have a number of other stories in the archive.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard