Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#265479 08/12/15 01:41 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

It never made sense to me that Snell met Superman in person and revealed his identity to him.

Comments always appreciated. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

The Ball in Clark’s Court
CLARK: confused Umm…this means I have to run with it until I’m far away from all the enemy players, right?

Ha! He must have been out of it to buy that load of…
To be fair, his brain wasn’t really getting much oxygenated blood at that time.

Reporters really should have an express elevator, Lois thought. This is ridiculous. News waits for no elevator!
LEX: That’s way I have a private express elevator at Lex Tower.

She would have to come up with different way to get Clark to push past that fear and bring back the man who had once taken off her shirt and kissed down her chest while she was high on Revenge.
Erm…some good FoLCs have suggested that maybe if she started to *act* like she’s high on Revenge…

She didn’t know what exactly Luthor had done to Superman, but that man would rue the day he had messed with her boyfriend.
LEX: Guard? Are you *sure* this plexiglass separator is shatterproof?

Apparently, asking Clark point blank about what Luthor had done to him wasn’t the best way to go about things.
Maybe they could play a game? Everytime Clark reveals something to her she’ll reveal some skin to him?

A hand grabbed her arm and pulled her into the stairwell, closing the door behind her.
Hmm…he’s back in the office already, huh?

Lois tried to get into her fighting stance, but a pair of immovable strong arms pulled her against an expansive chest first. Then some soft lips descended onto hers.
Wouldn’t that position afford her some chance of planting her knee in a sensitive spot? What if that’s Ralph?
LOIS: The ER didn’t get the memo about immovable strong arms, did he? [Linked Image]

“Clark?” she sputtered, realizing who it was. What was he doing?
He must be *quite* bad at this.
LANA: There’s a reason why I never enjoyed his attentions.

“You were right and I was wrong,” he murmured between heated kisses.
He trying to score with her?

A Superman shaped hole found in Lois Lane’s bedroom wall. News at eight.
laugh

“I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it and you all morning,” Clark went on.
Superman carrying schoolbooks in front of him the entire morning. News at nine.

This time she relaxed into the kiss, enjoying his enthusiasm, because she didn’t know how long it would last.
CLARK: huh I swear, Lois, next time will be longer.

“I know,” he said. “I wasn’t rude, just tad more succinct that usual, and not Superman’s usually charming self.”
So, not trying to score with the pretty coed rescuees?

She wasn’t jealous. Clark hadn’t even considered Mayson, but those insecurities apparently weren’t easily dissuaded.
Can’t be helping that the audience is keeping on with the cajoling, huh?

“And then fly off without comment to the press.”

He winced. “You saw that?”

She nodded. “I was there.”
Oops? He dissed his girlfriend? That can’t go over well.

“This morning was amazing. I’ve never…” He smiled broadly. “I didn’t know that I could feel so good.”
I’m starting to think maybe it’s best if a conscious Clark never gets to have sex with a conscious Lois.

Lois scoffed, but inwardly felt filled with glee. Clark thought she was hot. Normally, a man calling her ‘hot stuff’ would rue the day those words crossed his lips, but when Clark said them, well, they felt true.
Poor hot stuff. Now she even has to deal with double standards in her own psyche.

“Mayson wasn’t gung-ho about having Superman on the stand. She said it would disrupt the proceedings, and she’s probably right about that,” he conceded, going down the steps to Lois’s desk.
Superman could promise to sign autographs or go to candlelight dinners with each member of the jury who votes guilty?

“I have faith in Ms. Drake’s ability to prosecute,” Clark replied.

Tell me about it, Lois thought sourly,
Yes, but what if that ne’er-do-well also has a rich sugardaddy ensuring his release?
BILL CHURCH Sr.: wave

Would Superman knowing that Intergang existed months ago made any difference?
Hmm…I think a ‘have’s missing there.

“Saints alive! What’s going on out here?” Perry yelled, emerging from his office.
Some of the guys from accounting are raiding the newsroom with paintball guns?

The man went on, “I’m contacting you on a frequency that only you and a few bats can hear.” That explained it.

“Great,” Clark mumbled to himself. “A Batman fan.”
[Linked Image] : [Linked Image]

I don’t care if it’s a cat chasing a mouse, you flash cape in that part of town, you’re looking at an all-expenses-paid education in bereavement.
What if he showed up dressed as Ultra Woman?

Today was just a warning. Next time, the bullets won’t be full of paint.”
You know, one would think those bullets probably should have at least bruised some ribs, maybe even cracked them.

“He could’ve been joking about that,” Clark replied.
Nah, that sounded honest.

“I hypothesized,” Lois continued, “— that because Luthor was running his own criminal organization, big enough to get a pardon from the governor for his girlfriend’s community service,
Or maybe they just went to the same Ivy League school or played golf together or just well, had a financial relationship. He probably just called up his old chump and told him that the community service is cramping his style.

He bugged my office, and videotaped me in my home, my bedroom, and in my shower!” she yelled, heading for the elevators. “So, no, Clark! I can’t just ‘let it go’.”
Oh boy. And she shouted that out loud in the office?

Did Clark really think she was going to break down and cry?
CLARK: huh It’s how things went with Lana…

If she let out her frustration, she might well cry, and she refused to give him the satisfaction.
Maybe if she visited Dr. Friskin?

Clark let go of his own hands and took hold of hers. “I’m sorry, Lois, really I am,” he said. “I can’t erase the lies in my head. I can only wallpaper over them with the truth.”
So they’re like mold, spreading behind the wallpaper, poisoning the air in the room one spore at a time?

“You know,” she said hesitantly. “— if we make love, we’d win and he’d lose.”
TEMPUS: [Linked Image]

“Are you suggesting that we make a sex tape and send it to Luthor in jail?” he asked and she could hear the incredulity in his voice.
RALPH: [Linked Image]

Lois pretended to consider that idea. “Well, it would have to be of me and Superman, and it’s probably best if such a tape never exists,” she said, sighing deeply with regret. “So, no.”
GOODE: [Linked Image]

“Make up your mind, Clark. Either I can be myself or I can be patient. I can’t be both.”
rotflol She doesn’t do patient men, huh?

‘Make sure you invite people who know how to dress and don’t mind dancing close.’ She grinned. “You’ve got yourself a date.”
Uh-oh? Also, next stop the drug store for some dye?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Yea! I’m finally caught up with the regular FDK… /eyes inbox/ Other replies may be slow in coming. [Linked Image]

CLARK: /confused/ Umm…this means I have to run with it until I’m far away from all the enemy players, right?
LOIS: Nope. It’s your turn to make a move.
CLARK: Uh… Are you sure about that?
EW: Actually, it’s a mixed metaphor / pun on the CostMart/Daily Planet Ball.

To be fair, his brain wasn’t really getting much oxygenated blood at that time.
LOIS: Likely excuse! Women never have any such problems!
Over a year earlier….
LOIS: /the first time she saw Superman/ [Linked Image]

LEX: That’s way I have a private express elevator at Lex Tower.
LOIS: For news?
LEX: To avoid reporters.

Erm…some good FoLCs have suggested that maybe if she started to *act* like she’s high on Revenge…
CLARK: /nudges Michael/ Could you please stop suggesting that? My resistance / control is already teetering on the edge. Thanks.

LOIS: evil

Maybe they could play a game? Everytime Clark reveals something to her she’ll reveal some skin to him?
Or maybe since her skin makes him nervous, every time he reveals something, she could reveal another part of his body and cover up another part of hers.
CLARK: That works for me!
LOIS: Me, too!
CLARK: Wait. Why am I suddenly naked?
LOIS: Because I’m better at strip poker than you are.
CLARK: I’ve changed my mind. This doesn’t work for me.
LOIS: Too bad, it works just dandy for me! [Linked Image]

Hmm…he’s back in the office already, huh?
Yep. But then again. He’s faster than a speeding bullet!
LOIS: Oy! Stop reminding me!

Wouldn’t that position afford her some chance of planting her knee in a sensitive spot? What if that’s Ralph?
He would’ve never have succeeded in getting her out the door.
LOIS: The ER didn’t get the memo about immovable strong arms, did he? /loves it when her man makes a move/
Funny fact. I added “immovable” to that line right before posting. You must have read the earlier draft version. wink

He must be *quite* bad at this.
LANA: There’s a reason why I never enjoyed his attentions.
/points to lack of blood to the brain theory posted earlier./

He trying to score with her?
See! Flattery IS Lois’s Kryptonite!

Superman carrying schoolbooks in front of him the entire morning. News at nine.
rotflol That must have been awkward at the fire.

CLARK: /huh/ I swear, Lois, next time will be longer.
LOIS: Thanks, Michael. Another ‘faster than a speeding bullet’ joke. You’re going to give him a complex!

So, not trying to score with the pretty coed rescuees?
Or Mayson.
CLARK: I’ve found it difficult to score since giving the scorecard to Lois.

Can’t be helping that the audience is keeping on with the cajoling, huh?
LOIS: No. Thank you very much!

Oops? He dissed his girlfriend? That can’t go over well.
Well, in his defense, she was waiting for him to stop by and comment, and wasn’t waving her notepad and saying in a cooing voice, “Hey, Superman!”

I’m starting to think maybe it’s best if a conscious Clark never gets to have sex with a conscious Lois.
Oh? So, you want them to end up with other people?

Poor hot stuff. Now she even has to deal with double standards in her own psyche.
It’s not a double-standard if she never admits is aloud, right? wink

Superman could promise to sign autographs or go to candlelight dinners with each member of the jury who votes guilty?
SNELL: Jury tampering!

Yes, but what if that ne’er-do-well also has a rich sugardaddy ensuring his release?
BILL CHURCH Sr.: /wave/
No wonder Mayson never got her Church on!

Hmm…I think a ‘have’s missing there.
So, it should be in past tense, then? wink Thanks.

Some of the guys from accounting are raiding the newsroom with paintball guns?
PERRY: Jimmy!

Doesn’t UW wear a cape?

You know, one would think those bullets probably should have at least bruised some ribs, maybe even cracked them.
CLARK: Really? I feel fine.
JIMBO: Ow. Ow. Owwwwww!

Or maybe they just went to the same Ivy League school or played golf together or just well, had a financial relationship. He probably just called up his old chump and told him that the community service is cramping his style.
Or maybe a little of both. But that would assume that Lex had friends and Lois knew for a fact that Luthor doesn’t (hence the lack of groomsmen.)

Oh boy. And she shouted that out loud in the office?
OFFICE STAFF: Old news. Already heard all about that from the Chief.

CLARK: /huh/ It’s how things went with Lana…
CLARK: She’s been grouchy and irritable all week and insisted we stop by the Fudge Castle last night. Seems like a good time for her to be… uh… emotional.

Maybe if she visited Dr. Friskin?
Mayson did give Lois Friskin’s business card.

So they’re like mold, spreading behind the wallpaper, poisoning the air in the room one spore at a time?
Thankfully not. Just really hideous pictures.

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by WC 214
“You know,” she said hesitantly. “— if we make love, we’d win and he’d lose.”
TEMPUS: /thinks this is a winning plan/
Yep. Sir Tempusalot has made his own back-up plan on that front.

RALPH: /reminds L&C that he also does film reviews in his spare time/
It’s probably best not to go with a plan Ralph thinks is a good idea.

Originally Posted by ER
Originally Posted by WC 214
Lois pretended to consider that idea. “Well, it would have to be of me and Superman, and it’s probably best if such a tape never exists,” she said, sighing deeply with regret. “So, no.”
GOODE: /still thinks it’s a good / GOODE plan and plans on going forward with the idea with or without them/
Why do I see trouble in this couple’s future?

/rotflol/ She doesn’t do patient men, huh?
Not so far.
LEX: I was patient! Fat lot of good it did me. Never again!

Uh-oh? Also, next stop the drug store for some dye?
Um… nope. Wrong story. But stopping by the drug store never hurts, right? wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

EW: /eyes inbox/ Other replies may be slow in coming. /is very suspicious of her RL’s intentions/
[Linked Image]

EW: Actually, it’s a mixed metaphor / pun on the CostMart/Daily Planet Ball.
rotflol

LOIS: Likely excuse! Women never have any such problems!
Over a year earlier….
LOIS: /the first time she saw Superman/ /has forgotten everything she was ever told about decorum and applies herself harder than Cat did to Phil/
A bit horny, wasn’t she?
LOIS: [Linked Image] Soul mate?

CLARK: /nudges Michael/ Could you please stop suggesting that? My resistance / control is already teetering on the edge. Thanks.
/makes note to mention this again, soon/ Hmm… /eyes part 216/ Maybe I don’t really have to mention it again, after all.

LOIS: /has kept a souvenir from her run-in with Lenny Stokes/
Oops?

Or maybe since her skin makes him nervous, every time he reveals something, she could reveal another part of his body and cover up another part of hers.
CLARK: That works for me!
LOIS: Me, too!
CLARK: Wait. Why am I suddenly naked?
LOIS: Because I’m better at strip poker than you are.
CLARK: I’ve changed my mind. This doesn’t work for me.
LOIS: Too bad, it works just dandy for me!
clap I think she just gamed the game.

EW: He would’ve never have succeeded in getting her out the door.
RALPH: Did the EW just imply I’m weak?

See! Flattery IS Lois’s Kryptonite!
rotflol
LEX: I flattered her all the time, telling her how she is blessed to be in my company and what a great pleasure it is to talk to me. huh

LOIS: Thanks, Michael. Another ‘faster than a speeding bullet’ joke. You’re going to give him a complex!
devil /checks box/

CLARK: I’ve found it difficult to score since giving the scorecard to Lois.
LOIS: Let’s see. Yes, there’s one slot available in the Lois Lane on the card.

ER: Can’t be helping that the audience is keeping on with the cajoling, huh?
LOIS: No. Thank you very much!
A tad prickly about the audience, are we?

Well, in his defense, she was waiting for him to stop by and comment, and wasn’t waving her notepad and saying in a cooing voice, “Hey, Superman!”
That’s like she’s dressed as a man. Fat man, at that.

ER: I’m starting to think maybe it’s best if a conscious Clark never gets to have sex with a conscious Lois.
EW: Oh? So, you want them to end up with other people?
No, only that at least one of them should never be in possession of their full faculties during such a time of need. Makes for much more fun to the readers evil

EW: It’s not a double-standard if she never admits is aloud, right? /hopes for a loop-hole/
LOIS: It’ not! Is it?
[Linked Image]

ER: Some of the guys from accounting are raiding the newsroom with paintball guns?
PERRY: Jimmy!
laugh

Doesn’t UW wear a cape?
Hmm…true. But if he looked like Ultra Woman and not Superman, would Snell realize it’s still Superman? At least, until he tries to kiss him and notices the stubble?

Or maybe a little of both. But that would assume that Lex had friends and Lois knew for a fact that Luthor doesn’t (hence the lack of groomsmen.)
True.

OFFICE STAFF: Old news. Already heard all about that from the Chief.
PERRY: Now, none of you mention to Lane that she was starring in Luthor’s private peep show. The Planet’s medical insurance won’t cover mutilation by reporter any longer since the Claude-incident four years ago.

CLARK: She’s been grouchy and irritable all week and insisted we stop by the Fudge Castle last night. Seems like a good time for her to be… uh… emotional.
rotflol
LOIS: mad

It’s probably best not to go with a plan Ralph thinks is a good idea.
You sure?
LOIS: Yes.

GOODE: /still thinks it’s a good / GOODE plan and plans on going forward with the idea with or without them/
EW: Why do I see trouble in this couple’s future?
Because of an evil mind working overtime?

/rotflol/ She doesn’t do patient men, huh?
EW: Not so far.
LEX: I was patient! Fat lot of good it did me. Never again!
LOIS: He wasn’t patient enough. Wanted to consummate after knowing him for less than a year and then right on our wedding night, too!

EW: But stopping by the drug store never hurts, right? /has some naughty ideas why Lois rented a room at the Lexor for the night of the ball/
evil

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard