Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Do you realise there are only 3 parts left to this story?? It felt so much longer. <g>

Anyway. Once again, didn't comment on the last part, sorry... so I get to yell at you twice as much. Although, this time, I don't think I'll yell too much... because I did ask for a smoochie, but what you gave us was so much better:
“No, it’s... how I want to deal with them. Clark... will you marry me?”
This is where I go all smug and admit I knew this was going to happen, but I'm all mushy nontheless. <g> Nice!! Though... Vegas? Ever heard of a courthouse, Lois? wink

That was why she wanted him to marry her? Not because she actually wanted him as her husband?

But then, why would she? It wasn’t as if she was in love with him, after all.
mecry It's so sweet and heartwrenching... we finally got I-love-yous but what circumstance! Still - perfect. I think I'm going to reread this part now.

Wow, look, and I didn't even yell at you! Guess it was a truly perfect part. And it was!! Probably the best you've posted so far.

Julie smile (who is a puddle of WAFF... and tears)

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
At last!!! I have been waiting for this for forever.

/me rubs hands together in anticipation

Now, down to the serious business of reading.

then you’re my next of kin. Please, Clark? Will you do it?
Has any man ever been proposed to in a less romantic manner?

And it was probably the very last request she was ever going to make of him.

How could he possibly say no?
Come on, now. We all know you don't want to say no anyway...

She really had given up, hadn’t she?
Apparently your reputation preceeds you, Wendy.

She was hours from death, and they were fighting.
Stop wasting valuable resources.

A quickie marriage, even if it was to the woman he’d always dreamed of having as his wife - and, instead of a honeymoon, he had widowhood to look forward to.
So good and so sad.

Whether his marriage to Lois was going to last mere hours or not, he was still marrying the woman he loved. And she deserved the best he could give her.
He's so sweet...I can't handle it.

Are you... disappointed in me?
Are you trying to make me cry?

When Clark had just poured his heart out to her, said words she’d never expected, that actually, even in these circumstances, made her want to cry tears of pure joy...
Yes, it's official. Tears are falling...

“Ready to marry me, my love... my - ”

He broke off suddenly and looked away, and her breath caught as she heard him finish, under his breath, “- life.”
Just when I don't think this story can get anymore heart-wrenchingly beautiful, you do it to me again.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Merriwether
Merriwether
Aww, that was beautiful. I'm glad they found a nice place to get married in the pomp of Vegas.

But you need to fix this. After those last lines, I'm already sniffling. And if Lois dies (oh, how cruel that would be) I'll be positively bawling. mecry

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Merriwether
Merriwether
I started to shiver once I read the first word. My oh my my heart is being wrenched.
thumbsup
Definitely fewer touches, much less closeness, far fewer hugs - and no kisses.
Poor Clark.
Once her parents got involved - as they had to - he’d be pushed aside. Out of the way. Without even any right to be with her. Chances were he wouldn’t even get to keep his promise that he’d stay with her till the end.
The tears threatened to pour at this point.
However the anticipation kept them back.

“Oh.” She blinked. “Come on, Clark, we both know that’s not going to happen.”
Wow.

And he didn’t even have a ring to give her.
Tears are banging on the door again. thumbsup

Ah! Finally they state their loves for one another. FINALLY!

19?

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
wow wendy, brillant as usual!!!

He was willingly entering into what would be one of the shortest marriages on record. Marrying the woman he loved more than his own life, though she didn’t know it.

whinging whinging

Hello...DUH!!!!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ack, Wendy. I am being slowly ripped to shreds here. It hurt at the beginning when they were having a misunderstanding. So sad, when it's looking like they only have a few hours left together. But then the ending...

“Ready to marry me, my love... my - ”

He broke off suddenly and looked away, and her breath caught as she heard him finish, under his breath, “- life.”
My breath caught, too.

Absolutely breathtaking. *sigh* Can't wait for the next segment.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
As a general rule, I don't cry. Ever. Wendy, you almost made me lose it, and that's saying a very lot! I actually groaned *out loud* in *pain* when I read this:

A quickie marriage, even if it was to the woman he’d always dreamed of having as his wife - and, instead of a honeymoon, he had widowhood to look forward to.

Congratulations.
whinging whinging whinging

After reading almost everything you've written to date, this line, I think, was one of the most powerful and heart-wrenching of them all.

Please post 19 soon! mecry

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What they said... whinging

Absolutely beautifully written, those last few lines especially. I'm glad they've got all that emotional stuff out -- *when* you cure her, Wendy (you're not allowed not to, you know), it should make for an interesting morning-after conversation smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
whinging whinging whinging
I'm a wreck. This is so much moving and sad and wonderful, I can't help crying!

From here to the end it was a Niagara Falls for me! whinging Actually I love cry on your story! Am I crazy? whinging whinging whinging

Are we really going to have a marriage in your next post? How are you going to fix the poison problem? If the solution is not in a lightning and a trasfer of Superman'powers, what is it? I cannnot think a suitable solution! huh So I need your next post, Wendy!

simona smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, Wendy...I'm out of Kleenex. This was bitter sweet. I'm glad that they finally admitted their love to one another. And I agree with a previous comment that WHEN she gets better (she will) this should make for an interesting morning after!

Hurry up with part 19! hail

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Kerth
Kerth
What a beautiful story! Only three parts left? It doesn't seem possible for you to wrap everything up that quickly (because, of course, we're still missing Lois' last minute recovery and a major WAFFY L&C scene!).

I'm happy to see that Lois and Clark found a nice place for their wedding. Despite the vast public opinion, all Vegas weddings are not cheap and tacky. (Some, of course, are...prime example: a friend of a friend who had a "Hawaii" theme wedding in Vegas complete with grass skirts and coconut bras!) smile Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wendy... This.. was.... so.... whinging whinging whinging whinging

Do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife... to have and to hold... to love, honour and cherish... in sickness and in health... till death do us part...

Till death.
Wendy, you are trying to kill me!!!! whinging whinging whinging

And then this:
Then, with a sigh, he said, "We should go in." Releasing her, he took a step back and held out his hand to her. "Ready to marry me, my love... my - "

He broke off suddenly and looked away, and her breath caught as she heard him finish, under his breath, " -life."
You are killing me!!!! whinging whinging whinging whinging whinging

Ann whinging

Kerth
Kerth
*sniff* hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I'm confused here. Yes the angst meter is cranked up to the maximum, and Wendy is doing her usual job of manipulating her characters emotions in her typically exceptional manner.

But why is everyone all worried? Yeah, it's fun to let yourself get caught up in the angst, but no one actually believes that Lois has any chance of dying... do they? Such is not allowed on these boards without flashing neon warnings placed prominently beforehand. Wendy is evil, but she is not crazy. She knows she'd be hunted down. Too many folcs know where she lives.

Besides, she is a sucker for the happily ever after ending.

Tank (who thinks that since there is so little time left that, even though Lois will be cured, there has to be some collateral physical 'damage' that Lois will have to 'deal' with afterwards)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I can't even see the keyboard and you know I hunt and peck when I type! My eyes! something all watery and blurry, running down my face. Ah your killing me wendy. But i loved it. More soon. Waaaa! whinging mecry

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
whinging whinging

Love it. Love it.LOVE it. clap notworthy And... post more soon? Please? Cause, well, it's Christmas and my family are getting worried, and... I bake really nice mince pies... just sayin'...

Sara smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
/me sniffs . . . You got tears out of me. That is rather rare--though seems to be happening more frequently with these awesome stories that are being written lately. That last bit was *so* adoringly sweet--and incredibly sad too! /me wipes away tears . . .

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,

Wow, this story just gets better and better! I really love the marriage aspect... although I suspect it will have interesting repercussions once Lois gets well--which I'm convinced she will. I hope that once she's well, they consider having a wedding ceremony so that their parents and friends can be there, though.

I have a suspicion as to what the poison is, but... if I'm right, then she might end up with brain damage now that this has gone so late, so... I hope I'm wrong.

Looking forward to the last few parts! Post fast! smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Columnist
Columnist
SO incredibly sweet! I am glad Clark told her how he really felt. I would hate for Lois to think that he was only marrying her because she asked him to and that it was due to his illness. At least this way she knows how he really feels and he gets to know that she feels the same way.

Of course it also puts you in the sick and twisted category for putting poor Clark through this-thinking that Lois is actually going to die and that he could have had the woman he loves were it not for that.

But she's not gonna die. You're gonna make her better, right?.....RIGHT??????

*sits and waits ever so patiently for the next part* smile1

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard